[Finished]Zerpant's "I have to make THAT?!" Contest! [Done Judging! Scores are up, feel free to ask and dispute]

ÆƵ–

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing as I just finished a 20 card set a few minutes ago, I guess I'm free. Lay it on me ^^

Sorry to say, but I think I'm at my limit on entrants. 20 3-5 card entries is going to be a lot to grade, and unless you want to help me judge, I'm afraid you're out of luck. So sorry v_v

Ok, here are my cards!

Lifelink Archetype

A series of LIGHT Zombie-type monsters that focus on flip summons while recurring themselves using chain links.

Lifelink Orpheus

LIGHT ***

Zombie/Flip/Effect

FLIP: add 1 "Lifelink" card from your Deck to your Hand. If this face-up card is destroyed, flip 1 monster on the field into face-down defense position.

After a chain (of 3 or more links) is resolved while this card is in your Graveyard, you can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard in face-down defense position. You can only use each effect of "Lifelink Orpheus" once per turn.

800/1700

Lifelink Yorick

LIGHT ****

Zombie/Flip/Effect

FLIP: Target 1 "Lifelink" monster in your Graveyard. Special Summon it to your side of the field in face-down defense position. If this face-up card is destroyed, change the battle position of 1 monster on the field.

After a chain (of 3 or more links) is resolved while this card is in your Graveyard, you can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard in face-down defense position. You can only use each effect of "Lifelink Yorick" once per turn.

1300/2000

Lifelinkup

Quick-play

Target 1 monster your opponent controls. When that monster changes battle position, you can either:

-Target 1 face-down monster you control; flip it face-up.

-Target 1 face-up "Lifelink" monster you control; flip it into face-down defense position.

Lifelink Reaper

LIGHT *******

FLIP: Destroy all monsters your opponent controls.

You can Special Summon this card (from your Hand) by tributing 2 Set monsters you control. While this card is face-up on the field, monsters with a lower level/rank than this card are flipped to defense position. During either player's turn, you can return this card to your Hand to add 1 quick-play spell card from your Deck to your Hand (this is a quick effect). You can only use each effect of "Lifelink Reaper" once per turn.

2300/2900

Sorry to say, but I think I'm at my limit on entrants. 20 3-5 card entries is going to be a lot to grade, and unless you want to help me judge, I'm afraid you're out of luck. So sorry v_v

y u do dis T_T

Ok, I understand. I might just use the generator thingy on my own then, it seems pretty cool.

My entry

[spoiler=Cursed Core]

[spoiler=Stone Golem of Cursed Core]

80hhLpE.jpg

When this card is Normal or Special Summoned you can add 1 "Cursed Core" card from your Deck to your hand. If this face-up card on the field  is used for the Fusion Summon of a DARK, Rock-Type monster: You can treat it as 2 Fusion Materials.

[spoiler=Fire Golem of Cursed Core]

0PzqQVL.jpg

During the turn this card was Normal Summoned, you can Normal Summon 1 "Cursed Core" monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. (You can only get this effect once per turn.) If this face-up card on the field was used for the Fusion Summon of a DARK, Rock-Type monster: You can target 1 card on the field; destroy that target and if it was a "Cursed Core" monster, draw 1 card.

[spoiler=Cursed Core Controler]

YMy5Nmb.jpg

Target 1 "Cursed Core" monster and 1 monster that is not a "Cursed Core" monster; 1st target is no longer treated  as "Cursed Core" monster, it's effects are negated, it's ATK and DEF become 0, it is changed to Defense  Position and it cannot be flipped face-down. 2nd target is now treated as "Cursed Core" monster and it cannot be flipped face-down.

[spoiler=Cursed Core Fusion]

wTUyrQu.jpg

Send from the field, your hand and/or your Deck to the Graveyard monsters listed as Fusion Materials of a "Cursed Core" Fusion Monster and Fusion Summon that monster. You can only activate 1 "Cursed Core Fusion" per turn. If this card is activated during your opponent's turn you can only send monsters from the field and/or your hand.

[spoiler=Dark Golem - Spreader of Cursed Cores]

zxE8eYD.jpg

2 or more "Cursed Core" monsters and/or DARK, Rock-Type monsters (max. 5)
If you Fusion Summon this card: You can use face-up "Cursed Core" monsters your opponent controls as Fusion Materials. If this card is targeted by a card effect that would flip it face-down: Change it to face-up Defence Position instead. This cards original ATK and DEF becomes equal to the number of Fusion Materials used for the Fusion Summon of this card x1000 (this effect cannot be negated). If this card is Fusion Summoned: Place on this card number of "Core Counters" equal to the number of "Cursed Core" monsters used for the Fusion Summon of this card. Once per turn: You can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; remove 1 "Core Counter" from this card, than this card looses 1000 ATK and DEF, and if it does, take control of that monster. That monster is treated as "Cursed Core" monster.

[spoiler=Stonescale Shale Snake]

Level 3, Earth Reptile

When this card is Special Summoned, you can add 1 "Polymerization" from your Deck to your hand. A Fusion Monster that is Fusion Summoned using this card as Fusion Material gains this effect:

* This card gains 700 ATK.

700/1000

[spoiler=Stonescale Gravel Gecko]

Level 2, Earth Reptile

When this card is Summoned, you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Stonescale" monster from your hand or Graveyard. You can only activate this effect of "Stonescale Gravel Gecko" once per turn. A Fusion Monster that is Fusion Summoned using this card as Fusion Material gains this effect:

* When this card declares an attack, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Battle Phase.

300/1000

[spoiler=Stonescale Limestone Lizard]

Level 1, Earth Reptile

When this card is Summoned, you can Special Summon 2 "Stonescale Tokens" (EARTH/Reptile-Type/Level 1/ATK 100/DEF 100) in Attack Position. You cannot Special Summon any other mobsters the turn you activate this effect, except "Stonescale" monsters. You can only activate this effect of "Stonescale Limestone Lizard" once per turn. A Fusion Monster that is Fusion Summoned using this card as Fusion Material gains this effect:

* Once per turn: This card cannot be destroyed by battle.

100/1000

[spoiler=Sediment Reborn]

Trap

Activate only when a "Stonescale" monster you control is destroyed by battle. Special Summon 1 "Stonescale" monster from your Graveyard in Attack Position, and if you do: Add 1 "Polymerization" from your Graveyard to your hand.

[spoiler=Stonescale Conglomercrocodile]

Fusion, Reptile, Earth, Level 7

2 or more "Stonescale" monsters

For each Fusion Material used to Fusion Summon this card, it gains these effects:

*2+: When this card declares an attack, it gains 500 ATK, until the end of the Damage Step.

*3+: Other face-up Reptile-Type monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle once per turn.

4+: This card cannot be targeted by card effects.

5+: When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard, you can destroy 1 card your opponent controls.

6+: When this card declares an attack: You can Special Summon 1 "Stonescale" monster from your Graveyard.

2300/1000

Tidbit: A conglomeration is a rock made of other rocks and minerals. What I wanted to do here was create a monster that was stronger the more cards you fused, creating a bigger threat the more rocks were in the conglomerate.

My archetype is here:

[spoiler=Litzard Monsters!]

Litzard Sunlamander

Level 3 | LIGHT | Reptile | ATK 1000 | DEF 0

When this card is Normal Summoned, you can tribute this card, add 1 "Litzard" monster from your deck to your hand. This card can attack your opponent directly. When this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent, you can Normal Summon 1 "Litzard" monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set.

Litzard Chamoonleon

Level 3 | LIGHT | Reptile | Atk 600 | DEF 400

When this card is Normal Summoned, you can add 1 "Litzard" monster from your Graveyard to your hand, then you must Normal Summon that monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. This card can attack your opponent directly. When this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent, add 1 "Lightscale" card from your deck to your hand.

Litzard Venusiper

level 3 | LIGHT | Reptile | ATK 500 | DEF 500

When this card is Normal Summoned, you can target 1 monster on the field, destroy that target. This card can attack your opponent directly. When this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent, you can send 1 "Litzard" monster from your deck to your Graveyard.

[spoiler=Lightscale cards]

Lightscale Sun Overload

Quick-Play Spell Card

All face-up "Litzard" monsters on the field gain 1000 ATK. But they are changed to Defense Position at the End of the each Battle Phase.

Lightscale Skinchange

Normal Trap

Target 1 "Litzard" monster you control, return that target to the hand, then Normal Summon 1 "Litzard" monster with a different name than the targeted monster, in addition to your Normal Summon/Set.

They were actually fun to create!

Also Pun explanation! Litzard is a combination of Lizard and Lit (seems obvious). Sunlamander is a mix of Salamander and Sun. Chamoonleon is a mix of chameleon and moon, while the last one Venusiper is a mix of Venus and viper.

My cards:

(All monsters are DARK Machines)

[spoiler=War Machine - Heart of Steel]

Level 3
When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: Add 1 "War Machine" or "War Connector" monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of "War Machine - Heart of Steel" once per turn.

1400/1500

[spoiler=War Machine - Metal Head]

Level 5

If you control a "War Connector" monster: You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) in Defense Position. You can only control 1 "War Machine - Metal Head".

2200/1100

[spoiler=War Connector - Chain Mail]

Level 4

Once per turn, you can either: Target 1 "War Machine" monster on the field; equip this card to that target, OR: Unequip this card and Special Summon it in Attack Position. This card can be used as a Fusion Material monster while equipped to a monster by this effect. While equipped by this effect, the equipped monster cannot be destroyed by battle. (A monster can only be equipped with 1 Union monster at a time. If the equipped monster would be destroyed by a card effect, destroy this card instead.)

1800/1600

[spoiler=Ultimate War Machine - Golden Chest]

Level 10

"War Machine - Heart of Steel" + "War Machine - Metal Head" + 1 "War Connector" monster
Must be Fusion Summoned, or Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by Tributing the above cards you control (you do not use "Polymerization"), and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Once per turn: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; send it to the Graveyard. This card cannot attack the turn you activate this effect. When this card leaves the field: You can Special Summon 1 "War Machine - Heart of Steel" from your Graveyard.

2700/2100

[spoiler=War Machine Connection]

Spell

Add 1 "War Machine" monster from your Deck to your hand, then you can Fusion Summon 1 "War Machine" Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, by banishing Fusion Materials listed on it from your hand or your side of the field. You can only activate 1 "War Machine Connection" per turn. You cannot Special Summon monsters the turn you activate this card, except by the effect of "War Machine Connection". You can banish this card from your Graveyard, except the turn this card was activated: Add 1 of your banished "War Machine" monsters to your hand.

Yemachu uses a WATER-attribute Winged Beast-type deck. Their deck focuses on Tribute Summoning.

[spoiler=Flaming Pelican]

aaenpf.png

Name: Flaming Pelican

Attribute: WATER

Level: 5

Pendulum Scale: N/a

Pendulum Effect: N/a

Type: Winged Beast / Effect

Monster Effect: Once per turn, while this Tribute Summoned card is face-up on the field: You can target 1 monster on the field whose effects are negated; inflict damage to your opponent equal to half that target's ATK or DEF (whichever is higher). If this card is sent to the Graveyard because it was Tributed for a Tribute Summon: You can target 1 Special Summoned monster on the field; negate that target's effects on the field while this card is in the Graveyard.

ATK: 2300

DEF: 1700

[spoiler=Flowing Pelican]

254xd9g.png

Name: Flowing Pelican

Monster Effect: While this Tribute Summoned card is face-up on the field, if a monster whose effects are negated battles, during damage calculation: That battling monster's ATK and DEF become 0 during damage calculation only, but it cannot be destroyed by that battle. If this card is sent to the Graveyard because it was Tributed for a Tribute Summon: You can target 1 Special Summoned monster on the field; negate that target's effects on the field while this card is in the Graveyard.

ATK: 2000

DEF: 2000

[spoiler=Freezing Pelican]

2ijosoo.png

Name: Freezing Pelican

Monster Effect: While this Tribute Summoned card is face-up on the field, face-up monsters on the field whose effects are negated cannot be Tributed or be used as a Fusion, Synchro or Xyz Material for a Summon. If this card is sent to the Graveyard because it was Tributed for a Tribute Summon: You can target 1 Special Summoned monster on the field; negate that target's effects on the field while this card is in the Graveyard.

ATK: 1600

DEF: 2400

[spoiler=Pelican Eggs]

k2g32w.png

Name: Pelican Eggs

Attribute: SPELL

Level: N/a

Type: Normal

Monster Effect: Add 1 "Pelican" monster from your Deck to your hand. During the turn you activate this card, you can Tribute "Pelican" monsters from your hand for a Tribute Summon, but you cannot Special Summon monsters. You can only activate 1 "Pelican Eggs" per turn.

ATK: N/a

DEF: N/a

In times where there was little food availible, pelicans would wound themselves to be able to feed their youngs... or at least that was thought, but it is the reason why pelicans appear in heraldry. You could consider the part of wounding themselves, as tributing; that, and the fact they are water birds, is why I choose for pelicans as this archtype's name. The effects of theses monsters, however, are not related at anything regarding pelicans in particular.

A slight thing to notice, is that the effects work both ways; your own monsters can (and in some cases will) be affected by these cards.

The undead and damned nobility whose power emanates from beyond the abyss, the Necrobility make their first appearance in the dueling world!

[spoiler=Necrobility Skull Saltigue]xfJGQFQ.jpg
Unaffected by your opponents Spell Cards that do not target. Once per turn, if you successfully Normal Summoned a monster: You can target 1 "Necrobility" monster in your Graveyard: Special Summon that monster in face-up Attack Position.

[spoiler=Necrobility Skull Seigneur]2YHcFZI.jpg

If there is a face-up Fiend-Type Fusion monster on the field, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. Fiend-Type Fusion monsters on the field cannot be targeted by card effects.

[spoiler=Necrobility Skull Landgrave]1E58Qlm.jpg

3 "Necrobility" monsters
Once per turn: You can Fusion Summon this card, from your Extra Deck, by banishing 3 "Necrobility" monsters from your Graveyard. If this card is targeted by an effect: this face-up card is unaffected by other card effects for the rest of the turn. Neither player can Special Summon any monsters during their turn, except "Necrobility" monsters.

[spoiler=Necrobility Title Curse]eTP2baw.jpg

Target 1 Non-Effect DARK monster in your Extra Deck; Special Summon that target in Attack Position and equip it with this card. The equipped monster is treated as a Fiend-Type "Necrobility" monster. This face-up card is unaffected by other card effects.

[spoiler=An Invitation from the Necrobility]cC8cHAg.jpg

All DARK Fiend-Type monsters in your graveyard are treated as "Necrobility" monsters. When a "Necrobility" monster in your graveyard is banished: Gain 500 Life Points for each monster banished this turn.

My WIND Zombie-Type archetype is finally ready!

Story: An alien that lived on Jupiter was killed by the Great Red Spot. It found itself resurrected as part of the storm and that it now had the compulsion to inflict its fate on others, specifically the sapient inhabitants of a nearby planet: Earth. Using technology and magic it influences Earth's weather to kill humans and resurrect them as the embodiment of the storm that killed them.

[spoiler=Sandsoulstorm]Sandsoulstorm
Level 2 WIND Zombie/Effect
ATK 300 DEF 400
Effect:
If this card is Special Summoned: You can banish this card, then you can banish 1 WIND or Zombie-Type monster from your side of the field or Graveyard, and if you do, target 1 card on the field; banish that target. You can only use this effect of "Sandsoulstorm" once per turn.

[spoiler=Snowsoulstorm]Snowsoulstorm
Level 3 WIND Zombie/Effect
ATK 1000 DEF 1300
Effect:
If this card is Normal or Flip Summoned: You can banish this card; send 1 "Soulstorm" monster from your Deck to the Graveyard. During either player's turn, when a face-up monster your opponent controls activates its effect: You can banish this card from your hand then reveal 1 WIND or Zombie-type monster from your hand; negate that effect, and if you do, that monster's ATK and DEF become 0. You can only use this effect of "Snowsoulstorm" once per turn.

[spoiler=Soulstorm Surge]Soulstorm Surge
Level 6 WIND Zombie/Fusion/Effect
ATK 2300 DEF 600
Effect:
2 "Soulstorm" monsters
Must first be Fusion Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by returning the above banished Fusion Materials in your possession to the Graveyard. (You do not use "Polymerization".) You can only Fusion Summon "Soulstorm Surge" once per turn. During either player's turn: You can banish this card and shuffle 1 WIND or Zombie-Type monster from your Graveyard into the Deck, then target 1 monster on the field; it gains ATK and DEF equal to the shuffled monster's ATK and DEF until the end of this turn. If this card is used as a Fusion Material: You can banish 1 WIND or Zombie-Type monster from your Deck. During your second Standby Phase after this effect's activation, add that card to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Soulstorm Surge" once per turn.

[spoiler=Tropical Soulstorm]Tropical Soulstorm
Level 8 WIND Zombie/Fusion/Effect
ATK 2600 DEF 1300
Effect:
2 "Soulstorm" monsters
Must first be Fusion Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by returning the above banished Fusion Materials in your possession to the Graveyard. (You do not use "Polymerization".) You can only Fusion Summon "Tropical Soulstorm" once per turn. During either player's turn: You can banish this card, then target 1 card in your opponent's Graveyard; banish that target. If this card is used as a Fusion Material: Look at your opponent's Extra Deck and banish 1 card from it, also banish 1 card from your Extra Deck. You can only use this effect of "Tropical Soulstorm" once per turn.

[spoiler=The Great Red Soulstorm]The Great Red Soulstorm
Level 10 WIND Zombie/Fusion/Effect
ATK 2450 DEF 700
Effect:
1 "Soulstorm" Fusion Monster + 1 Zombie-Type monster + 1 WIND monster
Must first be Fusion Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by returning the above banished Fusion Materials in your possession to the Graveyard. (You do not use "Polymerization".) You can only Fusion Summon "The Great Red Soulstorm" once per turn. You can only control 1 "The Great Red Soulstorm". Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can return any number of your banished "Soulstorm" monsters to the Graveyard; place 1 Beaufort Counter on this card for each returned card. During each of your End Phases: Remove 1 Beaufort Counter from this card or banish it. This card gains effects based on the number of Beaufort Counters on it.
● 1 or more: This card gains 100 ATK for each Beaufort Counter on it.
● 3 or more: Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can banish 1 WIND monster from your hand or side of the field, then target 1 card on the field; place that target on the top of the Deck.
● 4 or more: Once per turn: You can Special Summon 1 Zombie-Type monster from your Graveyard.
● 6 or more: You can remove any number of Beaufort Counters from this card; banish cards from your opponent's Graveyard and/or from the top of their Deck, equal to the number of Beaufort Counters removed.

I have no idea how the heck I came up with these, but I really like how it turned out.  One thing I noticed about both Fire and Water decks is that they both give up card advantage to fuel their effects.  FIRE is generally super aggressive, while WATER decks generally regain advantage via the effects of the fodder.  Combining the two forced me to create an aggressive deck that burns advantage, but still gets use out of every move you make.

Allow me to introduce, the Flarephoons (Flare + Typhoon).  They are extremely combo oriented, burning themselves to setup their combos from nearly any point on the field.  They seem pretty ridiculous, but if you aren't careful, you can completely screw yourself by burning up too much advantage should your combo be stopped.

[spoiler Flarephoon cards]

[spoiler Flarephoon Soul]

Level 3 | FIRE
Aqua-Type / Effect
700 / 200
You can only use each effect of "Flarephoon Soul" once per turn.  You can reveal this card in your hand; Shuffle it into your Deck, and if you do, Set 1 "Flarephoon" Spell or Trap Card from your Deck to your Spell and Trap Card Zone.  If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can target 1 "Flarephoon" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it.  If this card is banished by the effect of a "Flarephoon" card: You can Draw 2 cards.

[spoiler Flarephoon Prodigy]
Level 4 | FIRE
Aqua-Type / Effect
1500 / 200
You can only use each effect of "Flarephoon Prodigy" once per turn.  You can reveal this card in your hand; Shuffle it into your Deck, and if you do, banish 1 "Flarephoon" monster from your Deck, except "Flarephoon Prodigy".  If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can target 1 of your banished "Flarephoon" monsters; Special Summon it.  It's effects on the field are negated.  If this card is banished by the effect of a "Flarephoon" card: You can target 1 "Flarephoon" monster in your hand or Graveyard; Special Summon it.

[spoiler Flarephoon Guru]
Level 4 | FIRE
Aqua-Type / Effect
1800 / 200
You can only use each effect of "Flarephoon Guru" once per turn.  You can reveal this card in your hand; Shuffle it into your Deck, and if you do, send 1 "Flarephoon" card from your Deck to the Graveyard.  If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can target 1 of your banished "Flarephoon" cards, except "Flarephoon Guru"; Add it to your hand.  If this card is banished by the effect of a "Flarephoon" card: You can Special Summon 1 "Flarephoon" monster from your Deck.  You cannot Special Summon monsters during the turn you activate this effect, except "Flarephoon" monsters.

[spoiler Flarephoonity]

lol Flarephoon + Unity hooray for puns

Continuous Spell
The effects of "Flarephoonity" can each only be used once per turn.  You can shuffle any number of Spell or Trap Cards from your hand into the Deck, and if you do, add an equal number of "Flarephoon" monsters with different names from your Deck to your hand.  When you Special Summon a "Flarephoon" monster from your Extra Deck: You can target 1 face-up card your opponent controls and 1 "Flarephoon" monster in your Graveyard; Return both targets to the owner's hands.  During your turn, except the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard, you can banish this card from your Graveyard; Fusion Summon 1 "Flarephoon" monster from your Extra Deck, using monsters from your hand or Main Deck as Fusion Material.  You cannot Normal Summon monsters during the turn you activate this effect.

[spoiler Flarephoon Exemplar]
Level 8 | FIRE
Aqua-Type / Fusion / Effect
2800 / 2100
2 or more "Flarephoon" monsters
Cannot be Special Summoned, except by Fusion Summon, or by the effect of a "Flarephoon" card.  If you would Fusion Summon this card, except by it's own effect, the maxium number of Fusion Materials is 2.  You can Fusion Summon this card from your Extra Deck, by sending the appropriate face-up Fusion Material Monsters you control to the Graveyard (you do not use Polymerization).  When this card is Fusion Summoned: You can banish 1 "Flarephoon" monster from your Graveyard; Until the End Phase, this card gains ATK equal to the Level of the banished monster x 200, also you can resolve 1 of the following effects:
* Shuffle 1 card your opponent controls into the Deck.
* Shuffle 1 card in your opponent's Graveyard into the Deck.
* Shuffle 1 of your opponent's banished cards into the Deck.
* Shuffle 1 random card in your opponent's hand into the Deck.
Once per turn, during either player's turn, you can shuffle 1 "Flarephoon" card from your hand into the Deck; Negate the effects of 1 face-up card your opponent controls, until the End Phase.  If this Fusion Summoned card is destroyed by battle or leaves the field by an opponent's card effect: You can target any number of your banished "Flarephoon" monsters and/or "Flarephoon" monsters in your Graveyard, up to the number of monsters used as material for this card's Fusion Summon; Add them to your hand.  You can only control 1 "Flarephoon Exemplar".

Aquatic will probably have another round of this after he finishes grading the entries from this contest.

(I would imagine he's almost there by now)

That, and if he isn't going to be busy with academics or other offline matters.

-----

Take your time with things, AEZ.

Not going to rush you, because indeed multiple card entries are a pain to deal with.

Aquatic will probably have another round of this after he finishes grading the entries from this contest.

jfc don't give him any more ideas. It's already taken him a month and then some to get to the actual grading. If he were to have another round, we would be done by the end of 2015. :|

Archived