[Finished]Zerpant's "I have to make THAT?!" Contest! [Done Judging! Scores are up, feel free to ask and dispute]

ÆƵ–

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I didn't expect to win, getting dead last in both balance and overall is a bit...discouraging. I'll admit, I'm more of a flavor guy then a balance guy, but I would like to know why I scored an 18 out of 50.

Provided~

And please don't take that score the wrong way, I just want you to get better, promise!

Quite curious to your reasoning behind the awarded points. Mostly about those awarded for "Balance".

On a similar note, some 'archtypes' scored quite a bit higher/lower than I anticipated... Though I don't believe it would affect the top 3 much (if at all).

I wouldn't mind an explanation as well. After testing the Soulstorms on Duel Portal they seemed pretty broken to me.

I would like to see an explanation as well, just because i'm curious and stuff

Quite curious to your reasoning behind the awarded points. Mostly about those awarded for "Balance".

On a similar note, some 'archtypes' scored quite a bit higher/lower than I anticipated... Though I don't believe it would affect the top 3 much (if at all).

All provided~

I am requesting the evaluation for all participants. I'm sure you have the commentary noted down somewhere, right?

You mean my comments right? I'm afraid I just don't feel comfortable sharing all of the comments behind them with one person. I am, however, wiling to share my comments on your cards, if you do so desire. 

As in, edit them all into the grades post for general public viewing.

I still feel like it would just be unnecessary on both my account and the account of others. Copypasting 6 pages of comments, only to have maybe half the people look at them, and the fact that scrolling through maybe half a page just to see your score seems like it would be kind of a tedious experience. 

Like I said, I'm willing to give out any comments that people ask for, but public release feels like a no-no.

AEZ, I was not part of the contest, but have been following it from very early on, and I would like to see your reasoning behind people's scores, especially the balance scores. If we are free to dispute the scores, then I think that -- for example -- Garland Chaos shouldn't have got the fairly high balance score of 38/50. (Sorry Garland if this feels like I am picking on you). Soleur Daisy and Dandelion are unbelievably overpowered with their effects: "Once per turn, you can reveal this card from your Extra Deck: Add 1 LIGHT monster or 1 "Soleur Fusion" from your deck to your hand." and "Once per turn, you can reveal this card from your Extra Deck: Add 1 Plant-Type monster or 1 "Soleur Fusion" from your deck to your hand." These effects come on cards you don't even have to draw or search, and there is no cost or downside to using them, other using up a slot in your extra deck and not being able to use the other effects, but they don't really matter compared to the power it gives to decks such as Lightsworns, Tellarknights, Sylvans, Aromas, PSY-Frames, Chaos, Performages, Traptrix and basically any deck that would like to search out a Plant or a LIGHT easily.

Then, there is Soleur Greenhouse, a field spell with this effect: "Once per turn, you can Special Summon 1 "Soleur Seed Token" (Plant-Type/LIGHT/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0) to either player's side of the field." Again, no cost, plus it can be activated as many times in one turn as you have field spells to activate, just like Chicken Game. Unlike most other tokens, this token has no limits on what it may be used for, so this can help with Tribute Summons. However, what makes this card OP is that it allows you to summon a 0 ATK monster to your opponent's side of the field in Attack Position, basically allowing any monster to direct attack regardless of what other monsters your opponent controls, easily activating "When this card inflicts battle damage..." effects as well as "When this card destroys a monster by battle..." effects for even the lowest ATK monsters.

Again, please don't feel like I am picking on you Garland, or even you, AEZ. I just wanted to provide a small example of why I think you (AEZ) should reveal your reasoning behind the scores you have given out to the contestants. You can put them in spoilers if you think that "scrolling through maybe half a page just to see your score seems like it would be kind of a tedious experience." Thank you for reading. :)

AEZ, I was not part of the contest, but have been following it from very early on, and I would like to see your reasoning behind people's scores, especially the balance scores. If we are free to dispute the scores, then I think that -- for example -- Garland Chaos shouldn't have got the fairly high balance score of 38/50. (Sorry Garland if this feels like I am picking on you). Soleur Daisy and Dandelion are unbelievably overpowered with their effects: "Once per turn, you can reveal this card from your Extra Deck: Add 1 LIGHT monster or 1 "Soleur Fusion" from your deck to your hand." and "Once per turn, you can reveal this card from your Extra Deck: Add 1 Plant-Type monster or 1 "Soleur Fusion" from your deck to your hand." These effects come on cards you don't even have to draw or search, and there is no cost or downside to using them, other using up a slot in your extra deck and not being able to use the other effects, but they don't really matter compared to the power it gives to decks such as Lightsworns, Tellarknights, Sylvans, Aromas, PSY-Frames, Chaos, Performages, Traptrix and basically any deck that would like to search out a Plant or a LIGHT easily.

Then, there is Soleur Greenhouse, a field spell with this effect: "Once per turn, you can Special Summon 1 "Soleur Seed Token" (Plant-Type/LIGHT/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0) to either player's side of the field." Again, no cost, plus it can be activated as many times in one turn as you have field spells to activate, just like Chicken Game. Unlike most other tokens, this token has no limits on what it may be used for, so this can help with Tribute Summons. However, what makes this card OP is that it allows you to summon a 0 ATK monster to your opponent's side of the field in Attack Position, basically allowing any monster to direct attack regardless of what other monsters your opponent controls, easily activating "When this card inflicts battle damage..." effects as well as "When this card destroys a monster by battle..." effects for even the lowest ATK monsters.

Again, please don't feel like I am picking on you Garland, or even you, AEZ. I just wanted to provide a small example of why I think you (AEZ) should reveal your reasoning behind the scores you have given out to the contestants. You can put them in spoilers if you think that "scrolling through maybe half a page just to see your score seems like it would be kind of a tedious experience." Thank you for reading. :)

I can see what you mean, and thank you for taking the time that I apparently did not take to actually thoroughly research the interactions between these cards and the game. 

I do admit I might have made some slight oversights when it cam to specific interactions, and I rather focused on what I thought the cards would be played with instead of a thorough look at what they could to to every deck out there. 

But this is one of the reasons I have this week-long dispute thing! I am willing to make adjustments to scores if someone, anyone really, can find a reason to do so, and as such I will do so with Garlands scores. Still, though, I feel that the reasoning behind my scores should remain in the hands of only myself and those they are meant for, for privacy reasons and personal morals, ya'know?

Naw, don't worry, I don't feel like you're picking on me at all.

Thanks, Snailien. I'll learn from these mistakes and think harder about balancing next time I try something like this.

Also, Zerpant, if it wouldn't be a hassle, would you mind PMing me the reasons for my scores?

Naw, don't worry, I don't feel like you're picking on me at all.

Thanks, Snailien. I'll learn from these mistakes and think harder about balancing next time I try something like this.

Also, Zerpant, if it wouldn't be a hassle, would you mind PMing me the reasons for my scores?

I think I would like mine as well... Honestly, our entries are public, so I see no real reason why the justification of our scores shouldn't be. Hell, even our scores are public.

Give me mine as well if you have them.

Sure thing, all sent~

Alright, how about a compromise. I'll post the a little sentence or 2 summarizing why I scored the items as such, and if you would like elaboration, you can ask.

Sound good?

Archived