Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

I just realized that Infinite-Eyes Aeon Dragon doesn't have its own Paladin (Paladin of White, Dark, and Photon Dragon), and that makes me sad after all the effort I put in to give Aeons every weird and wacky tool protagonists could ever ask for without anything being too busted.

I understand Gold-Eyes not getting one- the archetype doesn't lend itself well to a Ritual- but Aeon already does a lot of random sheet.

Speaking of Rituals, Eshai, hilariously enough the Fossil support you made searches T-Rocks Fossil Forgery, the Ritual Spell for that beatdown-focused Rock archetype that mills a lot.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do have that Fracture Frame thing I made in the Ritual game, but because it specifies "Fracture Frame" in the card text, will count more as an Archetype if I want to add it. And yes, it was partially themed on the kind of sheet I have to learn for my degree.

Then again, we have the YCM equivalent of Nekroz in AGM, but not adding more because Rituals are constrained to be named / themed after either current or notable past staff members. Hence why I advised Draco and Tinkerer NOT to design new Ritual members, and same goes for other members in here who do legacy stuff and opt to add more.

====

Speaking of which, the ED games (well, ones pertinent to AGM anyway are somewhat dead right now, so...).

So I tested the Affinfinity archetype I've been making (the one that has your opponent draw cards) with the greatest attempt at breaking the Deck possible

I used Cup of Ace, Appropriate, Trickstar Reincarnation (thank god that card is getting limited) and Heavy Slump, and I don't think I've ever had more fun with the Deck (which I'm a bit guilty of)

I ended up giving my opponent 10 draws in 1 turn, and then using Heavy Slump to take all of the cards away.

The Deck also has an imbalance between the monster effects (as in I didn't care about most of them) so the Deck is a bit sketchy at the moment, so balancing the Deck is going to take awhile, which is why the post has been delayed.

So yeah might need to do more testing, since Lightsworns + Trickstars isn't exactly what I was planning on

Reincarnation's only getting Limited in the OCG (which no one here but Winter plays); TCG still has it at 3 until Tewart and whoever at KoA get their act together. And yes, once he comes back, expect to hear a lot more about that format. (We're all TCG list users, right?)

Right, and Kyumi's getting their Deck reviewed. So far, it seems alright, but I have other things I need to do so cannot fully critique it. (Minus that one Synchro that got pointed out, and should be fine.)

Well, Draco's the one who ultimately decides whether you get it or not; even though the core of the Deck is mostly my stuff. (I don't think the other members [talking about the older ones, sans Belle and Eshai] save for maybe Draco and Tinkerer to some degree know how the Deck functions in an ideal environment.)

Then again, I assume he is still looking at Nyx's.

Given that there are several entries, I'm just going to do a little blurb at the end of the month. I'm prepping everything for now.

Because I'm grading two Decks (three if Sakura does throw his hat into the ring, and if he does I ask that he do something that Kyumi and Nyx aren't), I just want to make sure that I'm not talking out my ass.

Mine is material mechanics, traffic engineering design and fluid mechanics (which I sort of don't like, because examples aren't helpful). I also have a lab leader thing for ethnic studies, but it's literally "sit in lecture, go meetings with professor once a week and then lead lab section on Friday for 30 min". 

====

On a Yugioh-based topic, if I ever code Skateboard Dragons for YGOPro, we finally have code I can rip off for their effects.

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/366691-vjmp-subterror-guru/

(Yeah...)

So I looked through all of the TCG cards that synergize with the Deck and was a little disgusted by what the Deck could devolve into

Cup of Ace - 1 of 2 Player draws 2 cards (50/50)

One Day of Peace - Each player draws a card + an extra effect; limited

Appropriate - Draw 2 each time your opponent draws a card.

Grand_Horn_of_Heaven - Negate Inherent Special Summons, skips a Phase, opponent draws

Recall - Negate Monster Effects and your opponent draws

Dark_Bribe - Negate Spell/Traps and opponent draws

Heavy_Slump - Screw your opponent’s hand, your opponent draws 2 cards

Present_Card - More consistent than Heavy Slump, but they draw 5 cards and actually mills

Trickstar_Reincarnation - Present card but it banishes and they get the same number of cards

Finite Cards - The hand size limit of each player becomes 3

Santa_Claws - Kaiju but your opponent draws

Mist_Wurm - Boss monsters that returns cards to the hand

Grand Horn, Recall, and Dark Bribe essentially means the Deck has all kinds of access to negation, while Reincarnation, Present Card, and Heavy Slump can have the Deck turned into heavy trap mill (although you're probably only running Heavy Slump because putting your opponent down to 2 cards is way too good, which ruins the Deck a bit) .Cup of Ace, One Day of Peace, and Appropriate are just really good draw power for the Deck (although in practice Appropriate was a bit overkill at times and if activated would kill me)

Mist Wyrm probably means I'm going to have an Extra Deck monster that does something similar, along with another that might function similarly to a limited OPT Appropriate along with

Got to give credit to some of the guys working on Duel-Portal (they really know their stuff). Helped me a lot with testing and balancing on the discord)

Also, Kyumi, this rabbit hole your idea has put me through. The reason I've been working extensively on the Deck is because it gets REALLY FUN. It's a really fast archetype that also speeds up your opponent's Deck as well, which just ends up being really fun. Played against a 60 card Deck full of monsters that float, draw, or whatever else when sent to the GY, In then end we were both down to less than 10 cards in hand and he ended me with a Fusion monster that gained ATK for each card in his GY, which ended up at over 10,000 ATK as if it was an anime battle.

What I'm saying, is that if I were to ever draw for my cards this would be the archetype.

I mean, I'm not much for the idea of anything that could cause a lockdown, but if it is just silly pseudo-stun, then really I'm ask for it. I'll need to give the archetype proper a look once you're done.

Also, reminder of the current queue:

Destiny HERO (2/3 - Nyx, Sakura)

Infernity (1/3 - Eshai)

Speedroid (1/3 Draconus)

Alright. I finally feel like my Deck is done for September's challenge. It took me a while, and I had a little help from Eshai and Sakura, but it is finally complete. I searched through the generics thread like ten times to find some good ED monsters, and I'm happy with what I found. Anyway, here they are:

[spoiler=My WIND Entry(Hopefully admittance into the AGM)]

Cheetah Racer Champion Blur (X2)
You may want a couple of these for two reasons: A. He is pretty much your best beatstick. B. A nuke the field effect could come in handy, even with the high cost.

Cheetah Racer Kuwaisu (X3)
You want this card and a few others to be maxed out in your Deck. How else would you be able to generate counters quickly?

Cheetah Racer Awiwi (X3)
Remember when I said some need to be maxed? This one falls in that category. Special Summoning triggers more counters, so it is epic. Only problem is, having four counters in the first place...

Cheetah Racer Haraka (X3)
You're probably annoyed by now. Anyway, this is also good, because not only can you revive a fallen racer, but it can be any fallen racer, including Blur.

Cheetah Racer Rapido (X2)
This is not all that essential. I would run it just to get some more counters upon summoning it. Although, a +1 to your hand could be useful, if you're willing to lose the counters...

Cheetah Racer Vave (X2)
Once again, I don't see the real purpose of this card. It doesn't't help get more counters, but at least you can break an opponent's boss, provided they Don't have protection for him.

Cheetah Racer Sogdo (X3)

Amazing card. Is the 1st Cheetah Racer tuner, and can help me get even more counters extremely fast with it's discard effect. Being Level 4 tuner can open a lot of oppotunities.

Blossom Kitsune (X3)
This card is phenomenal. Allows me to pendulum summon, and get an extra normal summon just in case. This is a Staple card if I ever saw one.

Matsuri Kitsune (X3)
Definetly need a good scale. This could also help stall a bit, that way I can gain counters faster. Staple.

That's 24 Main Deck monsters, now for the Spells/Traps.

Cheetah Racer Speedtrack (X3)
Amazing card for this deck. Allows me to have a good stat boost, while also making lots of Speed counters for every summon of my Racers. Nice usage.

Recruitment (X3)
This one is so broken in my taste. Not only can I special summon ANY of my Racers from my Deck/hand, but when it is in the Grave, I can summon a Racer from there as well.

Acceleration (X3)
Gets me more Speed counters, and saves the ones that are lost, as long as I have another Racer on the field. Sweet.

Terraforming (X3)
Gotta get the field fast.

Fire Formation Tenki/Tensu (X2 each)
Phenomenal Beast-Warrior Support for the engine of my deck.

Mirror Force (X1)
Battle negation.

Mystical Space Typhoon (X2)
Backrow disposal. Because every deck needs it.

Call of the Haunted (X2)
Can be used as either Stall, or Revival for more counters. Good usage as well.

Okami Dagger (X2)

Was searching through the generics thread and saw this baby. Could prove useful, since it has 3 different effects. I can use it to gain ATK points or just pay 1000 LP to SS another Beast-Warrior from my GY. Then, when it is destroyed, I can halve the ATK of 1 monster on the field.

Extra Deck

Numerix 92-Elite Equestrian Star Goldrider (X3)
Incredible card for this deck. While being EARTH not WIND, it helps Beast-Warriors by SSing them from the Deck. Also, stall mechanic while it still has overlay units.

Sakura the Leaf Ninja of Scattering Petals (X3)

Good monster protection effect. Level 8 is easy to summon and relatively good secondary effect.

Sawsbuck the Four Seasons Messenger (X2)

This is a reasonably good card. While being WIND, it can help provide a little more power for me. Overlay Unit effect is iffy, but can prove usefull.

Lucario the Wave-Guiding Warrior (X2)

Is pretty good too. This card is not WIND, but can help with some protection for himself and the ability to destroy any monster easily. Good for clearing an opponent's monsters.

Storm Rider Bunny (X2)

WIND and Beast-Warrior, this thing is going to be used to recycle my lost cards. If I lose all my Racers relatively fast, I might want to get them back, and this is the perfect opportunity to do so. Not extremely substantial, but good usage.

Stardust Dragon (X3)

WIND monster that I can easily Synchro Summon, with some good stall effects. Can help to protect my monsters so I can keep collecting Speed counters.

Kyumi, Nyx, I'll probably have judgment for your Decks released sometime next week (probably next Friday), so any last-minute techs or edits you want to do should probably be done this weekend.

Updating the queue:

Destiny HERO (2/3 - Nyx, Sakura)

Speedroid (2/3 - Draconus, Sakura)

Infernity (1/3 - Eshai)

Also, in terms of newer cards, I'd like to make a point that I did add Downbeat and some of the Legacy Support released last night- Millennium-Eyes Restrict and the new Fusion Spell, Desperado Barrel Dragon and Bomb Spider (surprisingly we already had OG Barrel Dragon, and I don't know why), & Ultimately Mutated Insect Queen. For the whys and wherefores of a specific addition, they're mostly things I've put in essentially due to filling weird niches that we don't have filled, but not allowing anything with a significant chance of being particularly stupid (ergo why I'm cautious about the new Bandit Keith Trap, for example) or requiring something I'm just not going to add unless outright requested to function the way it needs to (looking at Super Cocoon).

I've been thinking about the fact that not one but three members have talked about adding Spirits in some way, but no one has said anything definite about them. Given how niche Spirits are, here are the things I know we'd add if Spirits did become a thing here:

●Amaterasu.

●Aratama.

●Asura Priest.

●Kinka-Byo.

●Nikitama.

●Tsukuyomi.

●Yaksha.

●Yamata Dragon.

●Legacy of Yata-Garasu.

So, I want any and all thoughts on whether or not we should add Spirits, and if so, any that I've missed.

Last but certainly not least, I have a milestone card coming up [3000], and I'm not sure which design to pursue, so I'll just leave the names here and let you guys decide which thing I'm making. Because it is a milestone, whatever I make will have 3K ATK and/or DEF.

●Wired Machine Omega.

●Royal Shadow General.

●Last of the Guardians.

●Sandstone King.

●Dictator Dragon.

My milestones tend to be literal boss monsters with +3K ATK/DEF [depending] (well, because I'm all alone in the 30,000-range for a while). By now, I think most of them have been ported over, sans maybe my 35K one. Most are Synchros lately, but yeah.

====

Especially for Kyumi in this case, I highly advise you look over your main deck again and trim down before Draco gets to stuff. You want it to be fully functional, and Decks running close to the max. number of cards in a Deck tend not to do very well.

So, that's one "meh".

Well, let's see. At last count, our total members are at 11, if I remember correctly-

Draconus297

Tinkerer

The Nyx Avatar

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Dova

Champion0

Tojin

GarlandChaos

Octosquid

Eshai

.Belle

So, given that, what could we possibly take inspiration from that has 11 things involved? The Da'at already has Timelords, Infernoids do the "count in different languages" thing . . . and the only constellation that has exactly 11 stars is The Snake, last I checked (Orion has 13, Scorpio has like 20, the Dippers have 7 each). And, if we wanted to do a "2 per Attribute" gimmick, that leaves 1 with only 1. I mean, I'd love to do a silly powerful boss Deck with one from each of us, buut it's just kinda hard for thematics. Cutting out the inactives, that's 6, so maybe one for each Attribute, each day of Judeo-Christian-Islamic creation, most of the chakra (7) . . . I like symbolism, it's just hard to do right when our numbers fluctuate so goddamned much, and are never at a good number for the low-hanging fruit. I mean, we could just go the Magician Girl route and spell out a word, but . . . which word?

Also, that's Destiny HERO in. This is going to be kinda interesting.

I think it can fare well. I got rid of the Gold-eyes because the focus of the deck was special summoning my Racers and if they were in there, I could draw one of the Gold-Eyes when I needed a Racer, and lose the duel because of that. I kinda needed the rest of the cards in my deck, so I couldn't get rid of any more. This is probs my final update to my entry.

Archived