Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

In my case, I'm Level 7 as far as YCM rankings go [even though it's not displayed on profile now]. Everyone else here ranges from Level 2 (I think on Belle) up to Level 5 (I think Nyx at highest); no one has hit the Level 6 marker yet; let alone close to being Legendary.

But yeah, what does the prototype look like anyway?

====

Also need to finish side project before I move back to AGM stuff.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rectangule 8x3 with a 4x4 Circle on the left side. There's a diagonal gradient of yellow to red, along with another color for whatever the owner desires (right now it's just blue) that forms across the rectangle. I also found out how to make a cool trim and corner design without doing too much by inverting a satin effect on the rectangle, along with a stroke on the edges with the same color. 

The name and level go on the bottom half of the circle, with "Archetype" Generator Meta and the AGM set number (AGM-EN0??) as a signifier to who joined in what order on the right side of the card. 

Don't know what other info to add. Maybe a simplified version of our descriptions. 

In terms of join time and activity:

• Draconus: He's prolific as-is in terms of cardmaking.
  • Tinkerer: Where the hell was he during August?
  • Nyx: See Draconus, but yeah.
  • Tojin: Semi-active; hasn't seen him too much (but he exists)
  • Sakura [me]: Obvious I'm here; just not making cards often because I have to devote time to VRAINS design too, and also engineering work. I contributed a ton of the Synchro and Xyz.
  • GarlandChaos: Where is this kid lately?
  • Dova: Contributes enough; I'm talking to him on Discord lately; should be back next month or so.
  • ChampionZero: Where has he been lately (guessing RP)
  • Octosquid: Recently joined, but putting in the effort. 
  • Eshai: Recently joined, but showing a lot of stuff.

You can always put our user titles on the card instead of trivia/stuff. That, and join date [mine is Feb 5, 2009; you might see the next day depending on timezone].

====

Right, and I want to put the Fire Fists & Fire Formation stuff up for consideration. 

Might as well toss support for Vampires to clear up stuff.

To be fair, I really only need Tenki and Tensu in here, but they're Archetypal cards so yeah, either the whole thing or none at all.

(Partly due to Cheetah Racers needing searchers because lack of doing so without counters, but probably other Beast-Warrior decks in here that need them. And yes, ZPD.dek gets it too. So...heads-up, once the EARTH challenge shows up, Zootopia deck can be used.)

Brotherhood of the Fire Fists aren't in the AGM yet? They're like a cooler version of True Draco. I'll give them a vote.

Also the fact I don't know half of the members of the AGM disturbs me. I haven't talked to Tojin, Garland, or Dova. I have seen Tinkerer (at least when I first started to contribute to the site) but not talked directly to him. ChampionZero I've seen around but haven't talked directly to him.

.Belle is kinda a wild card, but considering he won 2 AGM card contests in a row I guess his game design skills are safe to say pretty spectacular. I'll probably put that on his card. 

The design for the template hasn't changed much but if there are any recommendations for the theme of detailing. I've been wondering if making a more horizontal version of what a Yugioh card typically looks like would be a good idea, which would include a picture, name, card text, set number, and description right on the card to begin with. 

We already did the EARTH challenge.

July was EARTH, August was FIRE, and now September is WIND. I did this mostly because I really wanted October to have DARK.

Alright, Vampires are in.

In the AGM, Amazoni also gets Tenki and Tensu, which makes them a mildly more dangerous battle-focused archetype, especially considering their optional Contact Fusion across the board.

Also, Eshai, did you intentionally misspell Tojin and Garland's names? Not cool, dude.

Probably was accidental mistyping since the correct keys are close to each other. 

But to be fair, I haven't talked too much with Garland or ChampionZero, if at all [former has inactivity issues]. Tinkerer is slightly iffy due to minor interactions in here, and partly in the Archetype game where things happen; also only guy in here besides Dova and self who have made Links (though not necessarily posting them in CC). Dova gets a bit due to that Advanced review thread and convos with him over Discord. Draconus and Nyx are obvious. New ones are getting there. 

Hello guys! I guess I'm officially the member of this group now :D A quick rundown on stuffs to do aside from this introduction post would be nice.

[spoiler=Also here's my member card thing!]

.Belle

Weakness: Severe time deficiency, card images

Strength: I always focus on flavor and background when making cards, also I'm quite a competitive player so I know what to add to an archetype to make it good.

Trivia: Dunno what to say here xD

Okay, so because you won via the contest, all you need to do now is make a CC thread for the archetype and link it back here.

Beyond that, you could select a project from the Archetype Game, except one that was already made (check the OP) or one that was reserved by someone else.

Reservation list:

●Draconus297:: Seven Deadly Swords

●Flash Flyer - Sakura:: Windy

●The Nyx Avatar:: Jinx

●Champion0:: Archaevil

●Octosquid:: Black Luster

No one else has anything reserved, although I'm keeping Tygyrr, Red Rider, and Dinosaurd separate (I don't intend to do them any time soon, but I'd rather no one jumped on them yet) for . . . reasons.

Alternatively, you could start a Legacy thread and make things that AGM archetypes need.

Remind me if I wrote the prompt for Red Rider or not, because I know I wrote a "Red" prompt or two, but YCM's searching function is legitimately sheet at finding it.

But anyway, I have added some new support cards for Cheetah Racer (legacy stuff) in the original thread. Obviously because the time periods have passed, I have locked it but it was on my mind to repair them due to barebones backrow. (Just more Spells, as Tinkerer's legacy support card failed to factor into their existing stuff; not searchable because it's not a member and removing counters for an MST-esque effect and minusing stats is counterproductive.)

=====

And yeah, lack of Rituals in AGM sucks but blame Konami for shafting them after Nekroz.

You did. Essentially, they're supposed to be an archetype full of references to relevant 5Ds characters, that craps out RDAs like an assembly line. Their "archetypal" Synchros were supposed to be "updated references" to the Signer/Duel Dragons, so I'm guessing something along the lines of RDA Scarlight for all 6 Dragons.

Are there any Pendulums in the AGM? I Don't know exactly where to look, and Don't want to end up searching every card in the generics thread for a pendulum or two. Please help me out. Thank you in advance.

Actually yes. Some are even full archetypes, like this one:

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/343042-have-some-class-agm-victorian-archetype/

Though there are some single ones in Generics, too.

gfsxq7d.png

Necromancer Morgan

DARK - Level 4 - Spellcaster - 1600/0

A lady with the power to revive the dead. Her practices were unfavored by other magic users, so she defected.

ZlkE3md.png

Tropical Lamia

WATER - Level 4 - Reptile/Pendulum/Effect - 1900/0

Pendulum Effect:You cannot Summon or Set monsters except Reptile-Type monsters. While you control a face-up Field Spell, your opponent cannot activate card effects during the Damage Step.

Monster Effect:When this card is Normal Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower Reptile-Type monster from your Graveyard. When this card is Special Summoned: You can add 1 Reptile-Type monster from your Graveyard to your hand. You can only activate each of the effects of "Tropical Lamia" once per turn.

ygKZeEI.jpg

Fantasy Karneval Magician Esther

DARK - Level 7 - Spellcaster/Effect - 2800/1900

Pendulum Effect:Once per turn: You can add 1 banished Level 2 or lower monster to your hand.

LORE:Behold! As she possesses a magic box that moves at her will. Anyone caught in it will be impaled!

Tropical Lamia is a Masked Chameleon target that can Special Summon Masked Chameleon, and Necromancer Morgan sounds like an awesome revival card but at the cost of being MST negated. 

Also I'll probably get my Ritual Pendulum Spell Counters done after I'm finished editing the Fossil Dyna archetype.

Are there any Pendulums in the AGM? I Don't know exactly where to look, and Don't want to end up searching every card in the generics thread for a pendulum or two. Please help me out. Thank you in advance.

Considering what you're going for in the Deck challenge, these might be helpful. (Any Pendulums that I made)

Spiritbreaker Kitsune

FIRE - Level 5 - Beast-Warrior/Pendulum/Effect - 2100/1400 - Scale 6

Pendulum Effect - Once per turn, if a monster you control destroys a monster by battle: You can target 1 card on the field; banish it.

Monster Effect - If this card destroys a monster by battle: You can target up to 2 cards in either player's Graveyard; banish them. This card gains 200 ATK and DEF for every card banished by this effect.

Expert Kitsune

FIRE - Level 7 - Beast-Warrior/Pendulum/Effect - 2500/2300 - Scale 2

Pendulum Effect - Once per turn, if a monster you control battles an opponent's monster: You can have it gain ATK equal to the ATK of the opponent's monster it is battling until the end of the Damage Step.

Monster Effect - Cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects. When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: Your opponent takes damage equal to its ATK.

Kitsunari the Emissary of the Heavens

EARTH - Level 7 - Beast-Warrior/Pendulum - 2700/1600 - Scale 8

Possessed by the spirit of a powerful okami, it is said that she wields as much power as the gods themselves.

Kyarahime the Spirit Dancer of the Earth

EARTH - Level 4 - Beast-Warrior/Pendulum - 1700/1400 - Scale 0

One of the chosen priestesses at a local shrine, she has a special connection with several of the spirits that she is capable of summoning.

Matsuri Kitsune

LIGHT - Level 4 - Beast-Warrior/Pendulum/Effect - 1500/1900 - Scale 1

Pendulum Effect- While you have another card in your Pendulum Zone, monsters you control cannot be targeted or destroyed by your opponent's card effects.

Monster Effect- Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can Tribute this card; monsters you control cannot be targeted or destroyed by your opponent's card effects until the end of this turn.

Talisman Kitsune

EARTH - Level 7 - Beast-Warrior/Pendulum/Effect - 2700/1700 - Scale 8

Monster Effect - Cannot be targeted by your opponent's effects. While you control another Level 5 or higher monster, monsters sent to your opponent's Graveyard by battle are banished instead. If this card leaves the field: You can Special Summon 1 Level 7 or lower monster from your hand or Graveyard, but its effects are negated until the end of this turn. You can only use this effect of "Talisman Kitsune" once per turn.

Blossom Kitsune

WIND - Level 5 - Beast-Warrior/Pendulum/Effect - 2000/1400 - Scale 7

Pendulum Effect- This card's effects can only be applied/resolved if you have another card in your Pendulum Zone. You can Special Summon this card from your Pendulum Zone. You can Normal Summon 1 WIND monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.)

Monster Effect- If your opponent controls a monster and you control no monsters, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). Monsters your opponent controls lose 300 ATK and DEF for every WIND monster you control.

Superstar Blaster

LIGHT - Level 4 - Cyberse/Pendulum/Effect - 1800/1300 - Scale 5

Pendulum Effect - Once per turn, if a Pendulum Monster you control destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can inflict damage to your opponent equal to that monster's ATK.

Monster Effect - Once per turn: You can return 1 Pendulum Monster you control or 1 card in your Pendulum Zone to the hand; destroy 1 card on the field.

===

The "Kitsune" series should be of some use.

Here are all the generic Main Deck Pendulums I designed. However, given the nature of the challenge, the Gold-Eyes Scales should also work, given that they're 2/9 Scales that only work for WIND.

Axis-Diffuse CORE

EARTH - Level 3 - Thunder/Pendulum/Tuner/Effect - 800/1200 - Scale 1

Pendulum Effect - During a turn in which you Pendulum Summoned successfully using this card as a Pendulum Scale: You can destroy 1 card you control to add 1 Level 4 or lower monster that can be Normal Summoned from your Deck to your hand. You can only activate this effect of "Axis-Diffuse CORE" once per turn.

Monster Effect -

If you Pendulum Summon this monster, and no other monsters: Draw 2 cards. Once per turn, you can Fusion Summon using this monster and 1 or more other monsters you control as Fusion Material without activating a Fusion Spell Card.

Nice Gneiss

EARTH - Level 3 - Rock/Pendulum - 0/2000 - Scale 0

Pendulum Effect - During either player's turn, if a monster(s) you control is Tributed: Gain 300 Life Points. If your Life Points are higher than your opponent's: Monsters you control gain 300 ATK.

Monster Lore- A very pretty little rock that brings good fortune to the house it occupies.

Lady of the Night Sky

DARK - Level 3 - Spellcaster/Pendulum - 1700/700 - Scale 9

Pendulum Effect - This card cannot be destroyed by its controller. Your opponent can use your Pendulum Scales to Pendulum Summon, and if they do: Draw 1 card for each monster that is Pendulum Summoned. Neither player can Special Summon monsters from their Extra Deck, except by Pendulum Summon.

Monster Effect - This magister is capable of immense feats of magical power, but her spells often go awry in unexpected ways. Her sacred magical tomes are covered with ink from self-made "corrections" to ancient spells.

Fireburst Dragon

FIRE - Level 7 - Dragon/Pendulum/Gemini - 2800/2000 - Scale 2

Pendulum Effect - Up to 3 times per turn, during either player's turn, if a monster(s) on the field is destroyed, inflict 500 damage to your opponent. Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 Dragon-Type monster you control: Add 1 FIRE monster from your Deck to your hand.

Monster Effect - This monster is treated as a Normal monster on the field and in the Graveyard. You can Normal Summon this face-up monster to treat it as an Effect Monster with the following effect:

●Once per turn, you can discard 1 card to target 1 monster your opponent controls: Destroy that target, and inflict 800 damage to your opponent. If this monster destroys your opponent's monster by battle, you can Special Summon 1 Normal monster from your hand or Graveyard. You can only activate 1 effect of "Fireburst Dragon" per turn.

Crying Dancer

LIGHT - Level 3 - Spellcaster/Pendulum - 1300/1500 - Scale 8

Pendulum Effect - If a face-up Pendulum monster you control is destroyed by battle or your opponent's card effect, you can move that monster to this monster's Pendulum Zone, and Special Summon this monster from the Pendulum Zone. If you activate this effect, this monster gains ATK equal to the ATK the destroyed monster had on the field.

Monster Lore - Once a powerful sorceress, a failed spell left her cursed with magical empathy. Forced to feel the pain and suffering of others near her as if it were her own, her mind has completely broken under the stress.

Destindark Dragon

DARK - Level 4 - Dragon/Pendulum/Effect - 1700/1200 - Scale 4

Pendulum Effect - If your opponent Pendulum Summons, you can Special Summon this monster from your Pendulum Zone: The ATK of that Pendulum Summoned monster(s) becomes 0.

Monster Effect - This monster can be treated as a Tuner for the Synchro Summon of a Dragon-Type Synchro monster. Once per turn, you can increase or decrease this monster's Level by 1. If a Level 7 or higher Pendulum monster destroys your opponent's monster by battle, you can Special Summon this face-up monster from your Extra Deck (During the turn you activate this effect, you cannot Summon monsters, except Dragon-Type monsters).

No, we didn't. If anything, I'd recommend you restrict it to the EARTH Attribute as well as the Rock-Type, because Wilonka with a Foolish/Upstart sounds pretty dangerous, but them being LIGHT Rocks with a Tribute Summon shtick makes it pretty easy to cut off support you don't want them to have.

I just did a count- I've made 290 cards in my Legacy thread alone

Archived