Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've considered a Super Poly but I seeing if what I have is balanced first (probably will though since Super Poly ended his most iconic duel in the series against the Supreme King).

Time Stream I've done weird because I was admittedly trying to do too many things at once. Still working on it.

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/366404-agm-fossil-fusion-and-the-fossil-dyna-archetype-that-you-really-never-wanted/

There's tons of ways you can use numerical references, which is why I was stuck regarding what to make for -111. The 111th night of the 1001 Nights is a story about a harem, making it tempting to make a Flarem card, but there are 111 identified species of psychotropic fungus, making Fungal Serpents another tempting design . . . and then there's the whole Cipher thing with computer code that makes it a necessity that Numerix-000, if it's ever made, must be a Cipher.

Hey, school starting soon for me, so I'm a bit busy, but just my two cents: We should leave Numerix-000 alone. Don't make anything for that. That way, if someone wants to use that Convincing Costume(?) card to make their monster a Numerix, they can just go for -000 so it doesn't mess with card effects too much!

Okay, so unless Eshai and Octo want their own Numerix to be as close to the "Imperial" Numerix as possible, ideally Numerix-111 would be a Cipher, Fungal Serpent, or Flarem monster. I can't decide, because of my role in all 3 (I made the latter two, and might as well have made the former with the sheer amount of support I gave it), but I'd really like it to be one of those 3.

Also, Nyx, while you're doing support, here are my archetypes that I think need the most help:

●Flarem. Give them another R5, a play enabler, or a few new Equip Spells, because they're kinda hurting for all of them.

●Aura. Their Main Deck boss is a semi-nomi Level 6 that Cyber Dragon could run over, and their ED boss is almost impossible to Summon (it requires there to be at least 10 Aura cards on board/in the Graveyard, and they don't swarm or benefit from being in the Graveyard as of yet).

●Darkhorse. They're a Synchro Fusion archetype with next to no Main Deck, and those monsters' puny stats don't exactly help their battle effects trigger. Even with a wannabe Gateway of the Six, they don't have much kick to them.

●Geargoyle. I'm honestly just disappointed by how little I was able to accomplish with these.

I think I could do that. Though, do you think you could leave the links here to see them. I had some trouble finding the last one I worked on (Fiendrache).

Here are the links to those archetypes in particular:

Flarem:

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/352411-agm-written-flarem/

Geargoyle:

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/364164-agm-written-geargoyle/

Aura:

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/337377-written-auras-steady-power-ups/

Darkhorse:

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/327483-darkhorse/

Also, that's an interesting strategy- using Convincing Costume to turn a non-Numerix Xyz into a Numerix for purposes of Rank-Up or giving more monsters the ability to kill Censure Censor.

I meant for all of us, like an official template to prove AGM membership. Seeing as Draconus (the founder) and several other members don't have membership cards I thought I could do something.

Any design requests? Colors? Themes? Fonts?

Regarding member cards, I had had an idea, but I lack the requisite design skill to execute it, as well as the cash to commission it, so it's languished on the sidelines.

Essentially, the basic format would be a rectangle with 3/8 scale (height/width), a circle 4 [insert measurement method here] in diameter in the middle containing their avi. The user's name and member number (I signed up first, so I'd be 001 or something to that regard, and basic order can be determined from order in the OP) would be on the left side of the rectangle, and the letters "AGM" on the right. The color of the badge would be determined by the user's favorite Attributes/Types or something along those lines.

Also, .Belle, I ask that you post your basic info (check the OP), and put everything that you made of Salamanders into a CC thread. Congrats.

Tbh is we could instead make the join number into something like a Yugioh card set number, for example, AGM-EN001 it would be hilarious. As for the rest, that's vague enough to work off of, but I'd like some theme ideas, as in is there any colors that represent the AGM? If there isn't I could choose but I'd rather we vote on it. I would probably add the favorite color in addition, like a trim color.

I mean, just for the sake of contrast with the avi colors, the badge should ideally be primarily bright-colored, with a dark-colored border around the profile pic itself. Maybe the red-and-gold in the "Cardmaker" portion of the site logo?

EDIT: I may have accidentally closed out the status bar. How fix?

Still going to work a little more on Prysm, but for my next project this one should be interesting:

Jinx

Bad luck, bad bad luck, bad luck, you're just bad luck . . .

This archetype is composed of monsters of varied Types and Attributes, focusing on various things that are just unfortunate. Most of them are named after things that are bad luck in one culture or another- black cats, sweeping your feet, whistling at night, mythical bad luck like Ifrits- and their Attribute and Type are reflective of their brand of misfortune.

All of their primary effects are based on die rolls, with most results on the die turning out poorly for you . . . but the positive effects are really, immensely good, usually saddling your opponent with the same restriction you would have gotten from the negative effect, plus giving you some other advantage.

Because this archetype is so heavily luck-based, you think it would be utterly awful . . . if it weren't for their support cards. These run the gamut from mitigating your bad luck, to actual attempts to give you good luck (fixing your die rolls in one way or another), and if you want to run pure Jinx these are a must.

Also, some of them have secondary non-luck-based effects, which are pretty solid regardless.

I mean, just for the sake of contrast with the avi colors, the badge should ideally be primarily bright-colored, with a dark-colored border around the profile pic itself. Maybe the red-and-gold in the "Cardmaker" portion of the site logo?

That could work.

I could do Red and Yellow, maybe Red and Gold if it looks betters. 

Dark border around the picture makes sense.

Nyx if you're going to dice rolls PLEASE do it like Snipe Hunter, making only 1 or 2 numbers ability exceptions. Tbh you could have 1 regular effect, with rolling a 1 negating the effect and 6 adding on to the effect. Maybe even a Field Spell that makes all of your Dice Rolls a 6, but if you are be wary of Dice Jar interactions.

Another recommendation is trying to replicate Yahtzee mechanics in the cards, but that isn't exactly in the prompt nor is it an easy feat.

Also did a cool board clear card

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/366429-board-clear-that-gets-around-all-types-of-card-effect-protection-but-then-becomes-a-nuisance-afterwards-agm/

That would go against the flavor of the prompt, Eshai. They're supposed to be high-risk, high-reward. Like, 1-3 hurting you, 4-5 hurting your opponent the exact same way, and 6 being immensely, stupidly good, by both directly helping you and hurting your opponent. Or, alternatively, most results doing literally nothing but wasting your time and making you pay a cost.

Plus, anything that rolls dice can employ Odd-Dice for support, because those guys like it when dice are rolled, no matter the result (although they especially like odd-numbered results).

Anyway, I'm trying to think of any more non-archetype Rituals to add to bolster their numbers. So far, I can list our Rituals on a single page:

Prediction Princess Tarotrei

Cyber Angel Vrash

Cyber Angel Dakini

Cyber Angel Idaten

Cyber Angel Benten

Cyber Angel Natasha

Relinquished.

Black Luster Soldier.

Black Luster Soldier - Super Soldier.

Lycanthrope.

Magician of Black Chaos.

The Masked Beast.

Dragon King Avogadro (AGM created)

Emperor of the Different Dimension (AGM created)

Warrior Princess Akasagarbha (AGM created)

Ryubí, Emperor of Illusion Dragons (AGM created)

Card Diviner Clotho (AGM created)

Card Diviner Lachesis (AGM created)

Card Diviner Atropos (AGM created)

Bident Beetle (AGM created)

Hakkaiku, the Ultimate Evil (AGM created)

Pixie Sorceress (AGM created)

Karmic Archfiend (AGM created)

Moyufutsusa Rituals (AGM created, do nothing outside the archetype)

Raptor Ace Rituals (AGM created, do next to nothing outside the archetype)

T-Rocks Rituals (AGM created, do little outside the archetype)

YCM Heavenly Sovereign Rituals (AGM created, do nothing outside the archetype)

I plan on making another Prediction Princess Ritual monster/Ritual Spell, and maybe another Cyber Angel, but it's easily the least represented mechanic in the AGM.

Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, and Pendulum make up the ED, and are designed relatively well; Unions have several large, powerful archetypes (two of which are vaguely meta-relevant if I don't miss my guess); Gemini are doing their best, and their best is pretty damned good; Tribute Summon has never been this good, especially if you're in one of its several archetypes; standard old Normal monsters can function almost entirely on their own with the support they've been given; Hell, even frigging Trap Monsters have two ways to win in the AGM. We're neglecting Rituals a bit.

Anything that uses WIND. Look at what's available, and be careful with your decisions- there's a reason it's a monthly challenge. You have an entire month to think and deliberate your decisions, don't be hasty or do anything stupid.

Half or more of the monsters in your Main and Extra Deck must be WIND (counted separately), you must use an acceptable ratio of monsters to the rest of your Deck (no Bubble Beat nonsense here), et cetera.

WIND archetypes:

Space Cruisers

Stardust (be sure to check my Legacy Support thread)

Gusto

Dragunity

Gold-Eyes

Narcissiren

RI-ON

Update on the Membership card: I have a basic concept made on Photoshop with most of the coloring and such done. Probably going to have to Pen Tool over it and add some details, and then get some detailed assets for stuff like LVs and preferred pictures from each member. If anyone has a preferred font they'd like me to use, that would be great.

Also some Wyrm Gemini LV monsters with GY effects. Would like to hear thoughts on it since it's a weird concept giving GY effects to Gemini monsters and I'd like to get a second opinion on the wordings.

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/366452-wyrm-gemini-lv-monsters-how-unoriginal-agm/

Archived