Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

@ yeah, I can do that. Just wait for my archetype post, I already have too much going on now and I think I won't work on it for a couple days because of school stuff and real bad weather (my house's external wall looks like a waterfall for how much it has been raining between yesterday evening and this afternoon) and the internet connection really sucks

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, Cosmoriders are all Warriors, so 1700 ATK makes one searchable generically. RotA and Fossil Dig exist. However, the real issue is getting playmakers consistently, and making said playmakers function. Even something as simple as a Normal Summon or battle-focused searcher helps, but it would need to be incredibly useful to make up for how lackluster the rest of the archetype is.

Also, the existing Riders are based on a Tokusatsu/Super Sentai/Power Rangers theme, and all the Raptors are based on carnivorous species.

[spoiler= A thing]

Can you win in the following scenario?

Opponent's LP: 200000

Opponent's field:

Cyber End Dragon (4000 ATK)

Piercing.

Piercing.

Cyber Twin Dragon (2800 ATK)

Double attacking.

Supply Squad

Continuous Spell

OPT, if a monster you control is destroyed: Draw 1 card.

Your LP: 800

Your hand:

Danger!? Tsuchinoko?

DARK - Level 3 - Reptile/Effect - 1300/0

(Danger! effect)

If this card is discarded: Special Summon it. (HOPT)

Elemental HERO Shadow Mist

DARK - Level 4 - Warrior/Effect - 1000/1500

If Special Summoned: Search a "Change". If sent to Graveyard: Search an "Elemental HERO". (Double HOPT)

Elemental HERO Solid Soldier

DARK - Level 4 - Warrior/Effect - 1300/1100

If Normal Summoned: Special Summon an "Elemental HERO" from hand. If sent from field to Grave by Spell effect: Revive a HERO, except itself. (HOPT)

Shaddoll Dragon

DARK - Level 4 - Spellcaster/Flip/Effect - 1900/0

FLIP: Bounce a monster.

If sent to Graveyard by a card effect: Pop a backrow.

Double Attack

Normal Spell

Target a monster on the field, and discard a monster from your hand with more ATK than the target. The target can attack twice during your next Battle Phase.

Double Polymerization

Normal Spell

Pay 500 LP: Fusion Summon 2 monsters with different names that can be Summoned with the same Materials as one another, using monsters from your hand or field as Fusion Material.

Your field:

Divine Serpent Geh

DARK - Level 12 - Reptile/Effect - ?(Currently 0)/0

(Summon condition)

If this card attacks, its ATK becomes double the ATK of the monster on the field with the highest ATK except itself, until the end of the Damage Step. A monster that battles this card has its effects negated and has its original ATK halved.

The Wicked Avatar

DARK - Level 10 - Fiend/Effect - ?(Currently 4100)/0

(Summon condition)

This card's ATK is always 100 points higher than the monster on the field with the highest ATK

(Backrow stun effect)

Shadow Soul Nightmare [ANIME CARD]

DARK - Level 8 - Fiend/Effect - 0/0

(Summon condition)

If another DARK monster inflicts battle damage to your opponent, this card gains ATK equal to the amount of damage inflicted, until the End Phase.

(Suicide effect if alone)

Your potentially relevant Graveyard:

Shaddoll Hedgehog

Shaddoll Beast

Elemental HERO Stratos

Elemental HERO Bubbleman (x2)

El-Shaddoll Fusion

El-Shaddoll Anoyatyllis

Your Summonable Extra Deck:

Starving Venom Fusion Dragon

Elemental HERO Gaia

Elemental HERO Escuridão

Elemental HERO The Shining

Masked HERO Dian

Masked HERO Dark Law

Masked HERO Anki

El-Shaddoll Winda

El-Shaddoll Construct

El-Shaddoll Shekinaga

Potentially accessible cards in Main Deck:

Mask Change

Elemental HERO Honest Neos

Well, Cosmoriders are all Warriors, so 1700 ATK makes one searchable generically. RotA and Fossil Dig exist. However, the real issue is getting playmakers consistently, and making said playmakers function. Even something as simple as a Normal Summon or battle-focused searcher helps, but it would need to be incredibly useful to make up for how lackluster the rest of the archetype is.

Also, the existing Riders are based on a Tokusatsu/Super Sentai/Power Rangers theme, and all the Raptors are based on carnivorous species.

[spoiler= A thing]

Can you win in the following scenario?

Opponent's LP: 80000

Opponent's field:

Piercing.

Piercing.

Cyber Twin Dragon (2800 ATK)

Double attacking.

Supply Squad

Continuous Spell

OPT, if a monster you control is destroyed: Draw 1 card.

Your LP: 800

Your hand:

Danger!? Tsuchinoko?

DARK - Level 3 - Reptile/Effect - 1300/0

(Danger! effect)

If this card is discarded: Special Summon it. (HOPT)

Elemental HERO Shadow Mist

DARK - Level 4 - Warrior/Effect - 1000/1500

If Special Summoned: Search a "Change". If sent to Graveyard: Search an "Elemental HERO". (Double HOPT)

Elemental HERO Solid Soldier

DARK - Level 4 - Warrior/Effect - 1500/1300

If Normal Summoned: Special Summon an "Elemental HERO" from hand. If sent from field to Grave by Spell effect: Revive a HERO, except itself. (HOPT)

Shaddoll Dragon

DARK - Level 4 - Spellcaster/Flip/Effect - 1900/0

FLIP: Bounce a monster.

If sent to Graveyard by a card effect: Pop a backrow.

Double Attack

Normal Spell

Target a monster on the field, and discard a monster from your hand with more ATK than the target. The target can attack twice during your next Battle Phase.

Double Polymerization

Normal Spell

Pay 500 LP: Fusion Summon 2 monsters with different names that can be Summoned with the same Materials as one another, using monsters from your hand or field as Fusion Material.

Your field:

Divine Serpent Geh

DARK - Level 12 - Reptile/Effect - ?(Currently 0)/0

(Summon condition)

If this card attacks, its ATK becomes double the ATK of the monster on the field with the highest ATK except itself, until the end of the Damage Step. A monster that battles this card has its effects negated and has its original ATK halved.

The Wicked Avatar

DARK - Level 10 - Fiend/Effect - ?(Currently 4100)/0

(Summon condition)

This card's ATK is always 100 points higher than the monster on the field with the highest ATK

(Backrow stun effect)

Shadow Soul Nightmare [ANIME CARD]

DARK - Level 8 - Fiend/Effect - 0/0

(Summon condition)

If another DARK monster inflicts battle damage to your opponent, this card gains ATK equal to the amount of damage inflicted, until the End Phase.

(Suicide effect if alone)

Your potentially relevant Graveyard:

Shaddoll Hedgehog

Shaddoll Beast

Elemental HERO Stratos

Elemental HERO Bubbleman (x2)

El-Shaddoll Fusion

El-Shaddoll Anoyatyllis

Your Summonable Extra Deck:

Starving Venom Fusion Dragon

Elemental HERO Gaia

Elemental HERO Escuridão

Elemental HERO The Shining

Masked HERO Dian

Masked HERO Dark Law

Masked HERO Anki

El-Shaddoll Winda

El-Shaddoll Construct

El-Shaddoll Shekinaga

Potentially accessible cards in Main Deck:

Mask Change

Elemental HERO Honest Neos

For your duel puzzle (which I probably won't do b/c I'm really awful at 'em), a couple clarifications:

1. I assume the opponent still has a deck to draw from (for supply squad)

2. I assume this is master rule 3 (just confusing b/c you have a Danger! monster but no links)

I suppose you can assume this is all MR3, given Draco's opinion on MR4 / Links. Not sure if you would get similar results in MR4 though.

Probably would be code-able as a custom puzzle in YGOPro (well, barring Soul Nightmare if its equivalent isn't already in there), but likely not.

@ yeah, I can do that. Just wait for my archetype post, I already have too much going on now and I think I won't work on it for a couple days because of school stuff and real bad weather (my house's external wall looks like a waterfall for how much it has been raining between yesterday evening and this afternoon) and the internet connection really sucks

You can post it whenever you got time.

I know I've said this a few times, but whatever happens offline is more important than stuff on YCM.

Sorry about being less available this month. Life has been busy. Also, welcome Dante. Where is this large group project?

Anyway I didn't take on any new prompts, but I did make this archetype. If you have time, please take a look.
https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/376030-spirits-of-purgatory/

It's a fairly generic Fairy archetype. Are Valhalla, Hall of the Fallen and Cards from the Sky in AGM?

Sorry about being less available this month. Life has been busy. Also, welcome Dante. Where is this large group project?

Anyway I didn't take on any new prompts, but I did make this archetype. If you have time, please take a look.

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/376030-spirits-of-purgatory/

It's a fairly generic Fairy archetype. Are Valhalla, Hall of the Fallen and Cards from the Sky in AGM?

I'll add you to the group PM so you know how to get in. But yeah, we're mostly done with it.

Make sure you read over the specs and ask if there are questions you need answering with how to go about it. (I wrote it this time, so...yeah)

*takes a deep breath*

We have the "Solemn" stuff, the "Hole" Trap cards (but not Traptrix), the "Mirror Force" Trap cards, the "Virus" series, the Book Series (I think this might need clarification.  I'm assuming this is Book of Moon/Eclipse/Taiyou/Life, not the Spellbooks), and the "Forbidden" Quick-Play Spell Series.

In terms of custom stuff: the only listed backrow-only "archetype" (I believe) is my "Falsehood" Archetype.  In terms of stuff in the generics pool: we have the "Forgotten One" series, and the "Sparks" series/archetype.  There's also the "Rail" Trap series, but that needs a specific monster for it to work correctly.

Out of everything though, I think only Falsehood and Sparks are playable as a deck (and the former is not very good at it).

Okay, in inverse order of the things brought to my attention:

It is the "Book" Spell series, not the "Spellbook" archetype. Books of Moon, Taiyou, Life, and Eclipse are what we're referring to. Missed backrow-only Generics series are "Plus Minus", "Sacred Tome" (Dame is optional), the obvious RUM/RDM/RCM cards, and Monster Freeborn turns Monster Reborn and Monster Reborn Reborn into a mini-series in their own right. There's also the Grimmoire Continuous Spell Cards, but those aren't exactly synergistic with one another, and don't accomplish a common goal.

The 2018 prompts were all stored on my old phone, which I have misplaced the charger to. However, the remaining prompts were burn damage and exact name cards (so get your Dark Magician Deck ready), although I can't for the life of me remember which is which.

I guess just choose 1 for now and leave other for December, or just leave them both for 2 months.

But yeah, if anyone in here wants to test run the group archetype, all of it should be up on Duel Portal. Just let me know if any changes need to be made, as I set them to Private-Shared (so only I can edit them, with the exception of the other DP mods if needed).

But yeah, if anyone in here wants to test run the group archetype, all of it should be up on Duel Portal. Just let me know if any changes need to be made, as I set them to Private-Shared (so only I can edit them, with the exception of the other DP mods if needed).

Okay, that's nifty. I may give it a try later.

@@R.Surraco . . .

You lucky funk.

So, at first, I was going to deny you entry on the Cosmorider/Cosmoraptor support, due to using up all 5 of your slots on Spells, several Equips among them. The synergy was awkward, the only thing truly on point was the theming, and the effects in general were kinda unexpected.

But then I read it again. Several times. I tried to analyze why you did what you did, what your end goal was.

You gave them a tie to Auras, and literally created a Cosmo/Aura Control build out of literally nothing. You absolute psycho, you offbeat genius. The only issue with this new Deck focus is that Cosmoraptor Tyranno isn't searchable (or even consistently Summonable unless you run Tribute fodder) for a finisher, making the entire Deck lean a bit too hard on Durrall stall with a bunch of Equips, or King Gilford, to keep you alive long enough to reach your win condition, but by giving them enough ties to a Deck that also just so happens to utilize LIGHT Warrior equips, you did, in fact, satisfy the necessary conditions of improving Cosmor as a Deck.

Drop your signup info now, because you are, officially, an AGM member. Rah rah, and all that.

Not exactly. Think more like how Invoked Wind Witch worked, but the individual pieces aren't exactly good separate. The five card support lineup, through some happy accident, made the two sets mesh unexpectedly well with one another, and if they're given semi-consistent access to either Tyranno or King Gilford, the Deck can actually be incredibly fun, conceptually.

I'm glad it worked, honestly. I must say, my focus on the cards was... well, making the cards have more "Sentai/Rider" on it, because, well, that's what they are.

R. Surraco
Weaknesses: Not a ruling expert; too much love for the Pendulum Era; Not a meta player; Not having the decency of picking a nickname...
Strengths: Boundless imagination; quick thinking; a nice butt.
Trivia: R. Surraco is his real name (Richard Surraco) and can't recall why haven't picked a nickname yet.

Archived