Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So... how do the prompts thing work?

You just grab an archetype prompt from the Archetype Game and make it into a full set.  As long as it isn't one that's already been done (you can see the finished ones in the opening post), it's all yours!  There's no other restrictions on which prompts you can do.  You don't have to do one on a prompt you made or a name you chose.  It is helpful to note which prompt you're doing in here, but you don't have to.

Speaking of prompts, I'm doing "Sliver" on page 20.  I've got the monster lineup done, but I've got an exam tomorrow so I'll probably finish/post everything either tomorrow evening or sometime Friday.

You just grab an archetype prompt from the Archetype Game and make it into a full set.  As long as it isn't one that's already been done (you can see the finished ones in the opening post), it's all yours!  There's no other restrictions on which prompts you can do.  You don't have to do one on a prompt you made or a name you chose.  It is helpful to note which prompt you're doing in here, but you don't have to.

Okydoodle!

In a little over 25 hours, entry for this year's Secret Santa event for the AGM will close. If any of you have a good way to contact @@Sleepy, @@Flash Flyer - Sakura, or Sebi Evalon, make sure that they at the very least know what is going on. If they do not post their likes/dislikes in that time, they will not be added to the raffle, and will neither (be asked to) make nor receive a gift this year.

Offhand, I had a weird, almost animesque idea for an archetype's primary play, if any of you want to build on it:

The archetype has an equivalent to Flamvell Firedog (if it destroys a monster in battle, Summon any other archetype member from the Deck), a Continuous Spell that gives you a search every time an archetype member destroys something by battle, a monster you can freely give to your opponent (no Kaiju effect, think more Silent Wobby), but it lets you draw a card if given this way and it's a archetypal equivalent of a battle floater like UFO Turtle, a Quick-Play that either lets you ED Summon during the Battle Phase or it's a fast archetypal Fusion Spell, and a boss that can OPT after it runs over a monster revive one of your monsters to give to your opponent and immediately smack the newly Summoned thing.

The play I thought of was basically this:

Activate Continuous Spell

Give opponent the floater, draw

NS your Firedog

Enter BP, attack

Search, float, bingo bongo you have two more monsters on board and your Quick-Play

Attack with the other two if possible in this board state

Summon boss, kill a thing if possible, search again

Revive the floater, hit the floater, another search and free monster.

Is there a secret santa thread or something? I found out about it yesterday and can't say I know the details.
Do I just list general stuff I like at this thread and then get assigned a secret santa?
Also, am I too late in replying anyways?

=0

Okay, so!

The Secret Santa list was sent, a little later than expected (I did not expect to fall asleep last night as early as I did, but it was sent this morning). In that time, Sakura PM'd me his list, so here that is:

[From Flash Flyer - Sakura]

WIND monsters (though other Attributes are perfectly good with me)

Dragon, Beast, Beast-Warrior; though anything but Insects is generally fine.

Rabbit-themed stuff or animal-themed

Archetypes that are generally straightforward to work with (mostly because of my major stressing optimal design/cost to accomplish tasks).

They can have some unique quirks and stuff, but just not something that requires a ton of setup or weird gimmicks to play with.

MPB / Majespecter / Fur Hire / Ice Barrier / U.A.

Synchro / Link decks (but anything revolving around the Extra Deck in general works out)

Stuff that invokes East Asian or Polynesian mythology

Multiple Attribute / Type archetypes are okay too.

Dislikes

Complicated archetypes with weird gimmicks (mostly because this usually translates to bricking if gone too far)

Insect decks (I don't really like insects IRL, so yeah, please don't make an archetype with Insect monsters).

Unless the theme is like Inzektors or Super Shiny "C" (Power Rangers), then sure.

Sky Strikers (mostly because I'm fed up seeing people say "run Hornet Drones, do this" and some other sheet)

Slow set up Decks

[/from Flash Flyer - Sakura]

Also, we should be getting our recipients later today, with the lists provided as our outline for how to approach our set design.

@@Sleepy, I Mentioned you several times last month asking for your list. I just sent Yui the list of everyone who was ready. You could drop your likes/dislikes now for me to hurriedly edit the list to include you, but . . . HURRY.

Yui has sent all members who sent in their likes/dislikes a member. Find that member's panel (it's on the last five pages), and give them as close to what they asked for as possible. 4-card minimum (no maximum), post it in a thread tagged "AGMGift", and once you've made the thread, link it here. It must be linked here before New Year's Day, so no one is waiting in agony.

It's preferable that whatever you make is AGM legal, and has proper Series 9.5 PSCT, but you do you. If you're writing an effect segment you think is unique, but you're not sure how exactly to do it, there's a possibility that myself, Tythe, Dova, or Eshai beat you to the punch; ask one (or more, if the first one you go to is clueless) of us if you're not entirely clear on wording.

Ideally, approach what to make in the following order, only moving down the list if you cannot do the earliest ones:

1 (most ideal): An archetype or series specifically dedicated to their preferred strategies and concepts.

2: Disconnected, if themed generics focused around making their preferred strategies and concepts easier to work with.

3: Support for their favorite in-AGM archetypes and series.

4: Support for their favorite Konami archetypes.

Everybody got that?

You wanna know something funny? In a fit of inspiration, I've already created my primary gift, and two of the supplemental ones. I think I just might have my thread open (in WIP form, while I add extra gifts over the month) in the morning.

I've also used an old commercial to express my generally improved mood as of late.

I know Im too late for the secret santa thing, I just wanted to apologize about it. I would have participated, but life is a b*tch so I couldnt even log in till now.. I doubt i can participate now, but if there is a way, Id like to (but dont go out of your way to make an opening happen, Im just saying if its still possible).

Anywho, I thought Id update yall on somn Im working on. Its an archetype called Rhymage, and they r based on Nursery rhymes. There will be a total of 18 monsters, and idk how many spells/traps. Its supposed to be an Xyz-centric archetype, focused on Rank 3 spam. Each Main Deck monster has a two effect clause: The first effect being a way tk Special Summon themself, and the second being a trigger effect that happens if they r Special Summoned by the effect of another card. The Main Deck monsters also have a quirk to them, where each monsters's ATK and DEF added together, equals 1800, to signify that there r 18 Main monsters. Here r the few cards I have so far:

Rhymage Jack Be Nimble

LIGHT - Level 3 - Warrior/Effect - 1400/400

During your Standby Phase, if this card is in your hand, you can Special Summon it. If this card is Special Summoned by another card’s effect, you can search your deck for 1 “Rhymage” card, add it to your hand.

Rhymage Fiddle Cat

LIGHT - Level 3 - Beast-Warrior/Effect - 1000/800

Once per turn, during your Main Phase, if you control a “Rhymage” monster: you can Special Summon this card from your hand. If this card is Special Summoned by another card’s effect, you can Special Summon 1 “Rhymage” monster from your Deck or Graveyard, except “Rhymage Fiddle Cat”. You can only use this effect of “Rhymage Fiddle Cat” once per turn.

Rhymage Jack and Jill

LIGHT - Level 3 - Fairy/Effect - 900/900

Once per turn, if this card is in the Graveyard because it was sent there this turn: you can Special Summon it. If this card is Special Summoned by the effect of another card: you can discard 1 card, shuffle 1 random card in your opponent’s hand into their Deck.

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/376475-holiday-season-2018-draconuss-gift-thread/?p=7130502

Happy Holidays, @@Flash Flyer - Sakura! I've also completed my one-off gifts for @@Raven Evalon and @@The Nyx Avatar, and the rest of you can expect little bit gifts over the course of the month while you wait!

As for the return of our member with a broken computer, don't worry about it. You can still give gifts in a mega-thread similar to what I do. No one is stopping you.

It's not my style, but I think the real issue is that it's asynergetic with itself. If every card Special Summons itself, but its effect only triggers if something else Special Summons it, then at best the archetype is a bunch of tech cards (or an engine) you won't be using as an archetype, and at worst you'll be making an anime character Deck.

What I'd honestly recommend is trying to tie them into the archetype in some way. If they Summoned each other instead, and the effect triggered if Summoned by another archetypal card, that would make it a game of options, figuring out whose effect to trigger, in which order. That way, you could also retain the self-Summon effects to get yourself started, but you'd need to seriously choose whose unique effect to sacrifice.

It's just thought in archetype design.

Okie so I rethought the entire archetype prompt I had for Rhymage. I didnt exactly like what I had going, not even the name or lore I had. So, after rethinking their whole design, renaming them, and getting a bit of help from two friends, I have a few put together in their new forms and appearances. Ladies and Gentlemen, plz welcome the first members of the "Crystalline" Archetype!!

[spoiler=Crystalline]

Crystalline - Sapphire Seraph

WATER - Level 3 - Psychic/Effect - 1200/1400

Scale: 5

PE: This card is always treated as a Continuous Spell card while face-up in the Pendulum Zone. Each of your Standby Phases, you gain 300 LP for each Continuous Spell card you control.

ME: If this card was Special Summoned by the effect(s) of a “Crystalline” monster: Add 1 Level 4 or lower “Crystalline” monster from your Deck or GY to your hand. When this card is destroyed by battle: you gain 500 LP. Once per turn, you can send 1 Continuous Spell card from your field to the GY: Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower “Crystalline” monster from your GY.

Crystalline - Azurite Animist

WATER - Level 4 - Psychic/Effect - 1300/1600

Scale: 2

PE: This card is always treated as a Continuous Spell card while face-up in the Pendulum Zone. Once per turn, during your Main Phase only: you can Special Summon 1 “Crystalline Animal” token to the field (Beast/Level 3/ATK 0/DEF 1000), but they cannot be used as material except for the Xyz Summon of a “Crystalline” monster.

ME: If this card was Special Summoned by the effect(s) of a “Crystalline” monster: Special Summon up to 2 “Crystalline Animal” tokens to the field (Beast/Level 3/ATK 0/DEF 1000), but they cannot be used as material except for the Xyz Summon of a “Crystalline” monster. If this card were to leave the field by battle or card effect, you can send 1 “Crystalline Animal” from your field to the GY: At the end of the turn, Special Summon this card but its effect(s) are negated.

Crystalline - Topaz Thief

EARTH - Level 3 - Psychic/Effect - 900/2000

PE: This card is always treated as a Continuous Spell card while face-up in the Pendulum Zone. If a “Crystalline” Xyz monster destroys an opponent’s monster by battle, attach the destroyed monster to it as material.

ME: If this card was Special Summoned by the effect(s) of a “Crystalline” monster, select 1 monster with 2000 or less attack points on your opponent’s side of the field: Take control of that monster but its effects are negated.

Crystalline - Pyrite Paladin

EARTH - Level 4 - Psychic/Effect - 1000/2000

PE: This card is always treated as a Continuous Spell card while face-up in the Pendulum Zone. All “Crystalline” monsters you control gain 500 ATK/DEF.

ME: If this card was Special Summoned by the effect(s) of a “Crystalline” monster: Send 1 “Crystalline” monster from your hand to the GY. This card gains ATK equal to the original ATK of that monster. If this card is used as Xyz material: That monster gains 1000 ATK. You can only use 1 “Crystalline - Pyrite Paladin” as Xyz material this way.

Crystalline - Opal Oracle

LIGHT - Level 3 - Psychic/Effect - 1000/1000

PE: This card is always treated as a Continuous Spell card while face-up in the Pendulum Zone. Once per turn, you can declare a card (Monster, Spell, or Trap), then you reveal the top card of your Deck. If you guess correctly, add the revealed card to your hand. If you guess incorrectly, return the card to the bottom of your Deck. You can only control 1 “Crystalline - Opal Oracle” in the Pendulum Zone at a time.

ME: If this card was Special Summoned by the effect(s) of a “Crystalline” monster, look at the top 5 cards in your Deck: Add 1 “Crystalline” monster from the cards drawn to your hand, then return the rest to the top of your Deck in any order. If none of the cards are “Crystalline” monsters, return the cards to the top of your Deck in any order. Once per turn, you can declare a card (Monster, Spell, or Trap), then your opponent reveals the top card of their Deck. If you guess correctly, your opponent discards the card. If you guess incorrectly, your opponent can add that card to their hand.

Crystalline - Diamond Dancer

LIGHT - Level 4 - Psychic/Effect - 1200/1200

PE: This card is always treated as a Continuous Spell card while face-up in the Pendulum Zone. As long as this card is face-up in the Pendulum Zone: This card is the only card that can be targeted by Trap cards. This effect cannot be negated.

ME: If this card was Special Summoned by the effect(s) of a “Crystalline” monster: Add 1 Continuous Spell card from your Deck to your hand. This card is unaffected by your opponent's monster effects.

Crystalline - Ruby Ranger

FIRE - Level 3 - Psychic/Effect - 1500/800

PE: This card is always treated as a Continuous Spell card while face-up in the Pendulum Zone. During the Battle Phase: you can make all “Crystalline” monsters you control lose 800 ATK but they can attack directly until the end of this turn.

ME: If this card was Special Summoned by the effect(s) of a “Crystalline” monster: All “Crystalline” monsters lose 500 ATK but can attack directly this turn. At the end of this turn, all “Crystalline” monsters are changed to Defense Position. Once per turn, you can pay 1000 LP: This card can attack directly this turn.

Crystalline - Garnet Gardna

FIRE - Level 4 - Psychic/ Effect - 700/1800

PE: This card is always treated as a Continuous Spell card while face-up in the Pendulum Zone.

ME: If this card was Special Summoned by the effect(s) of a “Crystalline” monster: All “Crystalline” monsters you currently control gain 800 DEF. Once per turn, if a “Crystalline” monster were to be targeted for an attack: Change the attack target to this card and all face-up “Crystalline” monster to Defense Position.

Crystalline - Amethyst Acolyte

DARK - Level 3 - Psychic/Effect - 1000/1000

PE: This card is always treated as a Continuous Spell card while face-up in the Pendulum Zone. Once per turn, you can send 1 card from your hand and the the top of your Deck to the GY, Special Summon 1 “Crystalline” monster from your hand, Deck or GY to the field.

ME: If this card was Special Summoned by the effect(s) of a “Crystalline” monster: Send the top 5 cards from your Deck to the GY, Special Summon up to 2 “Crystalline” monsters from your hand, Deck or GY. Once per turn, you can send the top 3 cards of your Deck to the GY: Special Summon 1 “Crystalline” monster from your hand, Deck or GY.

They r going to be an Xyz Centric archetype that also has Pendulums in it. However, the Pendulums have a plot twist. Sure, u can use their scales to Pendulum Summon no problem, but their effects have nothing to do with Pendulum support or Summoning at all. Instead, they like disguising as Continuous Spells, creating all sorts of fun tricks and ploys to use against their enemies. They love Special Summoning each other tho, so theres that.

Naming Scheme is a gem, and then an RPG class that Alliterates (i think thats a word) with the gem. Same for the Xyz, except instead of a Gem, its an element color, ie: White, Purple, Green, Blue, Red etc.

Lore wise, each monster is a character in a video game. The game (and field spell that allows them to basically ignore MR4) is named "Crystal Crusade!" and they have RPG classes as names, cuz each gem has their own class. The Xyz monsters, r the highest possible ranking and class for that attribute. Where as Opal and Diamond r both White stones, they become the strongest they can, and make a glowing white aura, hence making "Crystalline - White Wizard". Make sense?

Oh whoops. Musta assumed it would be the same as last year lol. Glad u corrected me.

==========================

Also, @@Draconus297 (and anyone else who wants to give me pointers), how does "Crystalline" look so far? Unique enough to make a game of options, but synergize well enough to work as an archetype?

Crystalline, so far at least, has very little synergy. Also, the Pendulums can't be sent from field to Graveyard as cost, so you need to make actual Continuous Spells for the archetype. The real issue is that each one has self-synergy, working well with other copies of itself, but not specifically doing anything of note with other Crystalline cards.

That said, they look fun thematically. Bad, but a fun casual Deck.

Archived