[Written] Elemental HERO Icarus

Agro

Elemental HERO Icarus

WIND / Level 4

[ Warrior / Effect ]

If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: Add 1 "HERO" monster from your Graveyard to your hand, except "Elemental HERO Icarus". If this card is sent from the hand or field to the Graveyard by a card effect: Draw 1 card. Each effect of "Elemental HERO Icarus" can only be activated once per turn.

ATK / 1700 DEF / 500

We've all wanted a decent WIND E-HERO to fill the void that Stratos has always left behind. Do we have one?

Warrior Returning Alive effect instead of RotA on Summon. Also has a hard OPT restriction to avoid silly loops. Fair enough.

Supplies an extra draw if used for a Fusion Summon or if it gets destroyed by a card effect. That's great. Bear in mind that it can also trigger if it is used with cards like Dark World Dealings to get a net +1. There's no OPT restriction on this either, which makes me a little bit concerned regarding its out-of-deck synergy.

Bear in mind that it can also trigger if it is used with cards like Dark World Dealings to get a net +1.

That would be a +-0 ... as dealings usually ends in a -1, for these techs this card is as useful as broww, the huntsman of the dark world ... (unless you use hand destruction and magically gathered 2 of these, but that is far more work).

Not to mention your opponent gets grave setup and more chances to make his hand better.

Good design, however I would suggest that it would only be able to use one effect per turn, so  it would not effectively turn into a faster dark mist.

Seems interesting and a good card for the wind mask heros.

Man, is it just me or there is no card...?

It's you.

Keep in mind that Agro has opted to do a WRITTEN card, which is perfectly acceptable.

All of the card's stats and effects are laid out for review in text format.

Do keep in mind that cards are not required to have pictures.

------

Another thing is that we have an Advanced Clause in this area.

If you're going to make a comment about the card, it must be on how it's designed (or to point out to the thread creator if they are missing critical things in there, such as Type, ATK/DEF, etc)

We've all wanted a decent WIND E-HERO to fill the void that Stratos has always left behind. Do we have one?

Warrior Returning Alive effect instead of RotA on Summon. Also has a hard OPT restriction to avoid silly loops. Fair enough.

Supplies an extra draw if used for a Fusion Summon or if it gets destroyed by a card effect. That's great. Bear in mind that it can also trigger if it is used with cards like Dark World Dealings to get a net +1. There's no OPT restriction on this either, which makes me a little bit concerned regarding its out-of-deck synergy.

Yeah for some reason I had my mind set that either I only do OPT on the first effect, or i do 1 effect per turn, OPT. Dunno why I didn't do OPT / OPT separate lawl

fixed

This card is still Stratos in some ways, but recovers dead HEROs instead of searching them via the Deck.

It helps to use Blazeman/Shadow Mists, which is a good thing.

That, and it nets you a draw if this either gets blown up, used for Mask Change (into Kamikaze) or Fusion Material for whatever, which is nice.

Hard OPT on both is a good idea, so things don't get out of hand like Stratos did with his search power.

-------------

As a whole, I rather like this card, and this certainly can replace Stratos (although in a different capacity) until Konami decides to unban it in TCG or we get a retrain.

Personally, I'd probably use this to recover stuff, then go into Kamikaze via this + draw (I sure as hell am not using the other alternative that we have [Avian]).

Archived