Goyo Emperor (907)

KafqHRN.jpg
Earth Warrior / Fusion / Effect
LV10 3300/2500
2 EARTH Warrior-Type Synchro Monsters
(1) When either this card or a monster you control that is owned by your opponent destroys a monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon that monster to your side of the field. (2) When your opponent Special Summons a monster(s): You can Tribute 1 EARTH Warrior-Type Synchro Monster; gain control of that Summoned monster(s). (3) If this face-up card leaves the field: Return all the control of all monsters you control to their original owners.

http://ygorganization.com/poor227/

Oh hey, a new use for Miracle Synchro Fusion. The first effect is super trolly, "Oh hey, I am just gonna steal all your monsters and then attack you with them and gain even more monsters!". I guess that this means I will have to figure out how to build a Goyo Deck now. Interesting card that's for sure.

Oh hey, a new use for Miracle Synchro Fusion. The first effect is super trolly, "Oh hey, I am just gonna steal all your monsters and then attack you with them and gain even more monsters!". I guess that this means I will have to figure out how to build a Goyo Deck now. Interesting card that's for sure.

X-Sabers may be a deck worth looking into for this card.

not limited to goyo but earth synchro eh......interesting

if goyo defender isnt nerfed it could work well with this, first effect is deadly since it can create domino effect to control all your opponent monster (probably get opt if released), second effect is good too, unlike king, its not level restricted but it cant tribute itself so its somewhat gimmicky to use, the third effect actually a good drawback

this can work with most X-Saber and Junk Synchros too, which is nice

i wonder if nekroz can tech MSF for this since they can just send the materials with kaleidoscope

Lol none of it's effects are once per turn.

I was just thinking of all the stupid stuff you could do by, for example, giving them Berserk Dragon then stealing it back, attacking over their whole field and then said whole field hits them directly.  Unfortunately I remembered ownership doesn't work that way so you can't abuse this thing too much with gimmicky sheet like that.

But that's not to say you can't just steal the most powerful monster to kill the next strongest to kill the next strongest to kill...

giphy.gif

I like this card. It's playable by Miracle Fusion, and you don't necessarily need Goyo monsters as materials, but can also use stuff such as that Gaia Knight vanilla Synchro, and X-Saber and Junk Synchros. The artwork is nice as well; I find cute how the emperor seems to be a kid and yet is stronger than the biggest Goyo monster.

The last effect/drawback wasn't necessary in my opinion, since this already needs a bit of dedication to be played.

And it's sad that the second effect needs specifically EARTH/Warrior Synchros because it means that unless you can spit out Synchros, you will have to jump through some hoops to make it live; and then the effect will be dispelled once this card leaves the field... but I guess you shouldn't be heavily relying on this effect anyway, and it's better to look as it as a cute extra bonus.

The artwork is nice as well; I find cute how the emperor seems to be a kid and yet is stronger than the biggest Goyo monster.

Actually I think that was the case fairly often in imperial Japanese history. In such times the Emperor, while having final say on things of national importance, was much more of a figurehead. All the nitty gritty was handled by the Shogun and his network. As such emperors took the throne reasonably early in their life, because their main role was to keep up appearences. Until they came of age and finished their imperial training, all they really had to do was sit there and look pretty while his advisers and the Shogun handled most everything else, and even then he only really had the power of Oversite.

Much was the same back in ancient Egypt when a young pharaoh took the throne.

I knew my goyo turbo would be kinda good eventually

no, it won't be

This card's lack of being able to run over Pendulums, need to run MSF, and the fact that you have to at least have the resources did a third Goyo/EARTH monster makes it just meh. It's not bad, it's not good, just there.

The first effect is nowhere near as good as it once was and building for this guy as a boss isn't going to work out well.

no, it won't be

This card's lack of being able to run over Pendulums, need to run MSF, and the fact that you have to at least have the resources did a third Goyo/EARTH monster makes it just meh. It's not bad, it's not good, just there.

The first effect is nowhere near as good as it once was and building for this guy as a boss isn't going to work out well.

That depends on what Goyo Defender ends up like, since it basically vomits out free material for this guy.

X-Saber are already half-decent and can summon this easy enough. Even then, I can't imagine it being worth it at all, even with MSF.[

The only thing I think is good about it is the first effect, and even that is only good against some boards/decks. It does nothing against Nekroz. It does nothing against Pendulum. Impact is low against BA and Tellar. I honestly think this card is ridiculously weak.

Archived