Starliege Paladynamo

nEgIHeT.png

A precursor to 101 by a whole season, and even more to Castel/DRXD. I remember when this card was actually a selling point to decks, if only a small one, and made OTKs with Machu Mech if you teched it in Constellars. Unlikely as hell, but adorable.

Now it's just outdated and outclasses in general. DRXD does what this does with nearly complete superiority, Castel removes threats/blockers better, and 101 does the general schtick better. And the draw on death is just not as likely to occur anymore.

I will admit that I, personally, am a fan of this card, but I do agree that it's pretty outclassed at this point. Sure, you can render a big monster essentially null and void by detaching 2, but it starts with 2 materials, more often than not. And the drawing power doesn't really mean much with cards like Compuls and Castel, which don't destroy.

As BoC said, an example of a card that was sadly powercreeped.

A relic of past formats, I would say. But still, the draw effect gives it an edge and, who knows, it may make a comeback someday, by filling a niche, becoming an out to a reaaally specific threat (e.g. a monster that cannot be destroyed by battle and is unaffected by the effects of non-LIGHT monsters), or something among those lines.

A relic of past formats, I would say. But still, the draw effect gives it an edge and, who knows, it may make a comeback someday, by filling a niche, becoming an out to a reaaally specific threat (e.g. a monster that cannot be destroyed by battle and is unaffected by the effects of non-LIGHT monsters), or something among those lines.

*Looks sideways at Exciton*

Nah, but in all seriousness, this is one of my favs since it was the third XYZ monster in my household, and one that I used to out my brother's Leviathan Dragon many times.

Archived