YGOChrome is out of Beta!

(If this needs to be moved, mods can you please do so)

So YGOpro, the automated dueling engine, now has made themselves browser based, so even if you cannot download the file, you still can still enjoy a streamlined, fully-automated Yugioh experience.

I'm only bringing it up now because even though YGOChrome (yes, it only works on Google Chrome), has been around for a few months, they have only just got out of their beta stage and added an online multiplayer mode.  They also tend to update it a lot more frequently than their downloadable files, so there's that.

You can play it here: http://www.ygopro.co/Ygochrome.aspx

^ Hmm.  I'm not sure.  My Adblock is on and it didn't stop the game at all...  Maybe you could clear your cookies?  That, then restarting Chrome usually fixes most online video/game problems for me.

@Mettaton - Tbh, I've never been sure about the difference between YGO and Devpro (and I'd never heard of Salvation before...).  Though with the new accessibility, do you think it will garner any new attention anyway?

^ Hmm.  I'm not sure.  My Adblock is on and it didn't stop the game at all...  Maybe you could clear your cookies?  That, then restarting Chrome usually fixes most online video/game problems for me.

@Mettaton - Tbh, I've never been sure about the difference between YGO and Devpro (and I'd never heard of Salvation before...).  Though with the new accessibility, do you think it will garner any new attention anyway?

It'll garner more, but it doesn't fix the issues.

The difference is the server UI of DevPro is much more friendly, the servers tend to be more stable, and devpro updates more often, which means shitty miscodings don't stick around forever.

DN will still win out over YGOPro because miscoding can't happen.

The difference is the server UI of DevPro is much more friendly, the servers tend to be more stable, and devpro updates more often, which means shitty miscodings don't stick around forever.

DN has bullshit update policy and worse admin support. Trolls have a 1 minute half life on pro

True, but it appears as though the peeps with YGOpro are specifically focusing on Chrome.  I mean, the last 3-4 updates were all within 2-3 weeks of each other, so any miscodes won't stick around that long, especially if this becomes a much bigger medium.  I can't argue about the servers, but it does look like they are really taking a big step forward and maybe those issues will get fixed as it continues to improve.

...Then again I'm really biased towards ygopro; I've never really took to DN.

I had to register after seeing this post. Devpro was suddenly DOWN for 2 weeks. When they returned you needed to reinstall their game multiple times and it still doesn't work smoothly even today. Re-registering accounts. Missing pics. Redownload yet again. Devpoints gone. Sleeves gone. Website+forum gone.

What I learned from this

1. They don't make backups!

2. They hardcode the server address into their client

3. Unstable staff. The next time one of their members leaves we can switch server and website again.

Sorry but calling Devpro server more stable is a hilarious and atrocious statement.

I had to register after seeing this post. Devpro was suddenly DOWN for 2 weeks. When they returned you needed to reinstall their game multiple times and it still doesn't work smoothly even today. Re-registering accounts. Missing pics. Redownload yet again. Devpoints gone. Sleeves gone. Website+forum gone.

What I learned from this

3. Unstable staff. The next time one of their members leaves we can switch server and website again.

Sorry but calling Devpro server more stable is a hilarious and atrocious statement.

Ever had to wait 2 hours on DN cause some idiot doesn't agree that Solemn Warning can stop Macro Cosmos?

DN doesn't give a flying s*** about it's userbase, the pros atleasts attempt to pretend they do

Is their server sheet? Maybe, but atleast we don't have to wait an extra three months to test card, and have more options while we do wait

DN is outdated and living in some stone-age fantasy around BLS

DN's main advantage is its incredibly high skill ceiling to the point where if you can string a few wins together you're playing YCS winners and the like. It's also really easy to access and much more reliable than the downloadable stuff. I'd use DN for testing over anything else anytime.

Also if you're constantly playing poor players on DN you're doing something wrong, ever since I got to 500 rank or something (probably extrapolates to about 1000 once the format isn't as new) I played almost exclusively competent players playing well-made decent decks and only had a couple of arguments over rulings with people who were generally compliant.

Sorry to slightly derail this thread, but I thought I'd give DN a bit of support from any flak it's taking/might take.

Yeah indeed testing out cards with either people you know or with competent people on DN is best option.

I use YGOPro out of laziness for more of a quick hand-testing vs the AI, but admit it's not exactly the ideal there.... for one the machine can be pretty stupid at times....

At least unlike when one plays against people over at YGOPro, there's no crappy 3 minute clock that barely lets you read the 8-lines of text per card in that 8-card combo the opponent just threw at you.... without possibility to change said clock....

Also, there's the bugs. Over the years there's been a few like Utopia revived with Xyz Reborn unable to stop an attack just because, or Majespecter Kirin unable to get Normal Summoned at random times.....

Plus, the ability to take back plays when asking the opponent to do it when you think you messed up....

Lastly, I have a ton of fun when there's friends on the chat all talking while we play... I wish YGOPro had that where you could just drop by and watch.

One thing though..... I haven't ever gotten into DN with Pendulums or against them sooooo a question:
Is there a Pendulum Summon etiquette to follow of some sort? I mean, the simultaneous Summons can't probably be simultaneous over there..... so have you ever had a Warning or Bottomless thrown at you when you weren't even done P-Summoning all your monsters? and if so, how do you deal with it? Do you list all your Summons on the chat box before starting to do it?

YGOPro has its merits though.... when you know the cards and plays of the decks already and the rules don't get glitches, it does flow pretty smoothly, and the ability to record is great...  although it is currently kind of crappy because A ) They are in their own format and can't be just uploaded without a recording program. B ) They get errors and stop working forever very often whenever there are new updates...

One thing though..... I haven't ever gotten into DN with Pendulums or against them sooooo a question:

Is there a Pendulum Summon etiquette to follow of some sort? I mean, the simultaneous Summons can't probably be simultaneous over there..... so have you ever had a Warning or Bottomless thrown at you when you weren't even done P-Summoning all your monsters? and if so, how do you deal with it? Do you list all your Summons on the chat box before starting to do it?

It's polite to declare "PS x amount" before you do it since at that point they can't respond to that declaration anyway.

What I learned from this

I mean, wow, recent issues

As opposed to YGOPro's constant sucking.

It's true DevPro has had issues of late, but as a rule of thumb, it's been better than YGOPro.

You didn't build YGOPro up, you tore DevPro down, and it doesn't solve any of the issues. In light of recent issues, Salvation is probably the best, as they actually got their sheet worked out. At least, UI/Server wise.

Archived