Anti-LIGHT Xyz

The Nyx Avatar

Let's face it, the LP cost is very minimal for being able to buy one or two turn's worth of paralysing the opponent's plays, if you're up against the right decks. The cost of detaching an Xyz Material is also standard-issue for most Xyz activated abilities, so you have two rather negligible costs for the ability to bypass hexproofing and destruction. And the card itself is on par with a few other R4 generics at minimum.

At least, I would have the locking effect only apply if the card has Xyz Material. This would force the player to consider giving up the lock in exchange for the second round of ultimate removal. Also prevents this card from being recurred with incredible ease using Call of the Haunted and its ilk, and force one to consider Xyz Reborn if they want a second shot at locking out the opponent.

Let's face it, the LP cost is very minimal for being able to buy one or two turn's worth of paralysing the opponent's plays, if you're up against the right decks. The cost of detaching an Xyz Material is also standard-issue for most Xyz activated abilities, so you have two rather negligible costs for the ability to bypass hexproofing and destruction. And the card itself is on par with a few other R4 generics at minimum.

At least, I would have the locking effect only apply if the card has Xyz Material. This would force the player to consider giving up the lock in exchange for the second round of ultimate removal. Also prevents this card from being recurred with incredible ease using Call of the Haunted and its ilk, and force one to consider Xyz Reborn if they want a second shot at locking out the opponent.

Added on to its effect and removed the maintenance cost.

I'm not exactly fond of this being a one-side Skill/Soul Drain (remind me which one negated the Graveyard again) for LIGHT decks.

At present, that would amount to 'tellars (I think these are still in style), Kozmos (shuts off Farmgirl and the LIGHT ships from triggering) and some other stuff, LS (some people might like it though).

Granted, other Decks would only have to deal with the removal effect, but yeah it's pretty much LIGHT hate on a 2.5k generic R4 body.

I think you know that Kozmos are pretty relevant nowadays, among others, so if this were released, this would see some usage.

As Snatch already mentioned, if an effect is going to destroy/remove something, it should target.

Making the effect target allows the opponent to at least have a chance at responding (and most effects do that; barring sweep removal).

LP cost here isn't really one, to be honest.

However, at least the lock only applies if you have Xyz Materials, so that's fine.

At least you can still chain Yuki / Veiler or something to stop it from triggering its detach.

Again, iffy on its design, given what exists nowadays, but I do see this being used as a generic.

Archived