Captain America: Civil War

Shradow

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

[spoiler=Saw the movie.]funking awesome. Definitely my new favorite Marvel movie.

All the action was really cool, everything seemed so meaty and satisfying, like I kept cringing when someone would get hit like in the scene where Cap and Bucky are fighting the soldiers in the stairwell. Seeing Crossbones in the beginning was nice, shame he blew himself up.

All of the big fight scene between the two factions at the airport was super great, too. I'm really glad we finally got to see Ant-Man grow big, I've been waiting to see it since he never did it in his own movie. Black Panther was great, we got to see why he was so intent on beating up Bucky any chance he got. Anytime anyone mentioned "Wakanda" no matter how casually, I would do a little whisper shout of it in my chair. Got my friends to eventually start it, too. This movie also has my favorite movie incarnation of Spider-Man. He's young enough and nerdy enough and it's great, I can't wait for his new movie series. 

I'm really glad the bad guy ended up killing the other super soldiers while they were still frozen. It was a good red herring, but if they had actually gone through with having to team up or something to fight the new threat I felt it would've made the movie a lot worse. Instead, we get the whole scene with Bucky killing Tony's parents (actually seeing him smash Howard Stark in the face was absolutely brutal), and I was in stunned silence the whole time. Movie got real dark there for a bit. I'm also wondering what will happen to Helmut Zemo and if we'll see him in his full Baron Zemo regalia somewhere down the line.

Gotta love the Stan Lee cameo. Mr. Stank, indeed.

Best of all I'm super glad they didn't kill Don Cheadle. I've been super worried about him since the trailers came out. Paralysis isn't so bad if you have robot leg braces to let you walk anyways.

9/10 movie, would definitely want to see it again.

definitely best movie in the series.

[spoiler=yeah] that fight at the airport broke my heart, they were practically all holding back out of consideration, and scarlet witch was putting in work this movie. in addition to that, spider man's intro was beautiful, he's amazingly awkward, and even untrained he held his own (well enough) against everybody he fought. his motivations though, they were more similar to captain america than they were to iron man though weren't they?  bucky's arm is now gone, and he put himself under for the sake of everybody. ant man's scenes were great as well. out of everybody though, black panther was the most well played character. by the end of the movie, it felt more like a story about his development into a proper hero than it did about the captain and tony. iron patriot's walking scene at the end was beautiful too. 

was it just me, or did the vision cause more property damage than anybody else in the movie? really, he destroyed an entire building just to stop them from leaving. also, this movie is shipping him and the scarlet witch hard af.

definitely best movie in the series.

[spoiler=yeah] that fight at the airport broke my heart, they were practically all holding back out of consideration, and scarlet witch was putting in work this movie. in addition to that, spider man's intro was beautiful, he's amazingly awkward, and even untrained he held his own (well enough) against everybody he fought. his motivations though, they were more similar to captain america than they were to iron man though weren't they?  bucky's arm is now gone, and he put himself under for the sake of everybody. ant man's scenes were great as well. out of everybody though, black panther was the most well played character. by the end of the movie, it felt more like a story about his development into a proper hero than it did about the captain and tony. iron patriot's walking scene at the end was beautiful too. 

was it just me, or did the vision cause more property damage than anybody else in the movie? really, he destroyed an entire building just to stop them from leaving. also, this movie is shipping him and the scarlet witch hard af.

We saw him naked. He has no dick. That's gonna but a shitty relationship

[spoiler=Huh, I never actually posted my thoughts on the movie.]

Loved it.

They weaved Black Panther into things really well and I'm psyched for his movie now despite not really knowing much about him before going in. 

They absolutely nailed Spider-Man. I'm really hyped for Homecoming with Tom Holland and Marvel behind the wheel, we're in for a real treat judging by his banter and action sequences.

The whole airport scene's probably my favorite MCU fight to date, probably general Marvel too.

I also really liked that Team Iron Man had more going for them than they did in the comic. Team Cap was the clear team to root for in the comic whereas the lines are more blurred here. I still sided with Team Cap for the movie, and the movie sorta leaned that way towards the end too, but I don't blame Iron Man for his actions and I can understand people who sided with him.

Also, that final fight was so intense. God damn.

Easily in my top 3 Marvel movies.

after thinking about it for a minute, i have a massive nitpick over a minor issue: [spoiler=well] During the final fight ,when iron man, captain america, and the bucky were fighting, there was a clear opening behind them in the fortress that captain america was obviously in danger of falling out of. my nitpick is, if that existed there from the start, and it is as open as it appears in that fight, then why the hell did he need to/ want to find a password at all? all anybody would have had to do was climb up from the bottom or drop from the top and they would have been able to get inside this apparently super-secret development area. it's not that big of a deal, but it just bugs me that that detail was overlooked.

Archived