Captain America: Civil War

Shradow

So the trailer's finally out, and unfortunately I watched this right after waking up so my excitement is a bit abated right now, but I can't wait to see the movie. Though looking at the trailer it seems different from the comic arc, since while I haven't read it I thought it was a considerably larger scaled conflict in the comics. But it still looks cool.

All i can say is that the last 15 seconds of the trailer made me hyped, the scene where Tony says "So was i" gave a damn good chill and feels and both the soldiers ganging on him at the end was cherry on the cake. Overall not very active and dynamic but very good for a first trailer/teaser. Loved the black panther (uniform is damn cool) and will hype for spiderman after the 2nd trailer. Overall a great trailer that wrecked all in the last 10-15 seconds.

Spider-Man when

The trailer was awesome. I do like that the issue is actually relevant to Steve, since my understanding of the comic is that the event causing the Superhero Registration Act in the first place is completely irrelevant to the actual war between Cap and Iron Man. There's also plenty of focus on Bucky here, so it certainly feels like a proper sequel to Winter Soldier instead of just being an adaptation of Civil War.

In the comic, there were some B list heroes capturing rogue mutants, one of whom happened to be Nitro who causes explosions. What they didn't know is Nitro had some kind of mutant steroid that amplifies their powers so when Nitro made the explosion, he also took an elementary school with him. This triggered protests from citizens about how they weren't being held accountable for anything and some heroes like Peter Parker and Tony Stark relented. They saw the points being made and agreed to a system where heroes would register their identity with SHIELD and receive training so they'd act more like elite police as opposed to vigilantes and be held accountable for damages. People like Cap however were against it because competent villains (all of them) can easily get that information and target relatives and loved ones. Eventually it turned into more of a power struggle than a debate.

Naturally this won't happen because movies and dead children don't mix well, so I figure the chaos during the events of Winter Soldier will be the angle they push the Superhuman Registration Act. Maybe also Ultron.

I wonder if they're gonna do the whole thing about Spider-Man revealing his identity. Probably not, since that led into One More Day and I don't think they're going down that route. Also Sony still owns Spider-Man movies, right?

Sony does still own Spider-Man, but they're collaborating with Marvel after ASM2 failed, so he's going to be in Civil War, followed by a new movie in 2017 with Tom Holland. All as a part of the MCU.

somewhat hoping this move has an open end so that the x-men and spiderman can fit in later. civil war had a huge scale of impact and this movie looks like it's going to be nuts, but i really want it to be a gathering point for as many marvel comic characters as possible instead of an open-shut story. 

Considering how this will be the debut of the MCU Spider-Man, we're definitely going to get that open end for him. As for the X-Men, though? I seriously doubt that. Fox owns the rights to the X-Men, and it doesn't look like they'll be giving up on those soon. They'd sooner give up on the Fantastic Four rights than allow the X-Men to fit in. Although, considering how Kevin Feige has broken away from Isaac Perlmutter, who got really petty about not having the X-Men rights to the point that X-Men comics have been messed with in bizarre ways, Feige might at least keep things open. Maybe not specifically allow the X-Men to fit in, but he wouldn't exactly rule them out.

Considering how this will be the debut of the MCU Spider-Man, we're definitely going to get that open end for him. As for the X-Men, though? I seriously doubt that. Fox owns the rights to the X-Men, and it doesn't look like they'll be giving up on those soon. They'd sooner give up on the Fantastic Four rights than allow the X-Men to fit in. Although, considering how Kevin Feige has broken away from Isaac Perlmutter, who got really petty about not having the X-Men rights to the point that X-Men comics have been messed with in bizarre ways, Feige might at least keep things open. Maybe not specifically allow the X-Men to fit in, but he wouldn't exactly rule them out.

I thought they specifically said Spider-Man won't be in this.

Also, Tony's "So was I" line is brutal as funk. 

The trailer shows him getting the funk beaten out of him by Cap and Bucky, but considering the Age of Ultron trailer showed a broken shield I am taking the bits we see with a grain of salt. I mean, that fight is definitely happening, but I don't think it is as definitive as the trailer makes it look.

Neither Falcon or Bucky are developed enough to take the shield yet.

Rogers was brought back to life soon after the tragedy in comics so it should not make a difference. Also another thing i would like to point out is maybe the iron man suit cap and bucky are beating the sheet out of does not contain Stark, since the line "So am i", you can see tony using the hologram technology he used in Iron Man 3. Maybe it's just a prototype suit getting it's ass handed.

Just to clarify:

Spider-Man is making a cameo in this movie. He's not going to be central to the plot or anything like he was in the comics, but he'll definitely show up.

And a major incentive for the Superhuman Registration Act does seem to be stemming from AoU where a city fell from the sky.

Sokovia.jpg

Also, I agree it's too soon for Cap to relinquish the shield. Chris Evans is also contracted for more movies after this, so.

I like that they're keeping the focus to Cap too. It's looking to be a different story than the one in the comics, but that's good. Trying to do that just won't work as well since MCU hasn't established that many heroes yet. Plus, that's what Avengers 3 will be for.

Trailer was awesome, I'm really looking forward to this and seeing where it takes the MCU. 

Rogers was brought back to life soon after the tragedy in comics so it should not make a difference. Also another thing i would like to point out is maybe the iron man suit cap and bucky are beating the sheet out of does not contain Stark, since the line "So am i", you can see tony using the hologram technology he used in Iron Man 3. Maybe it's just a prototype suit getting it's ass handed.

Heres the thing, the MCU operates on a VERY different wavelength than the actual comics so I HIGHLY doubt we'll see characters coming back from the dead willy nilly.

Archived