Batman v. Superman

Fusion X. Denver

I'm looking forward to this movie, I laughed at the dialogue between Batman and Superman about Wonder Woman "She with you?" "I thought she was with you." Ben Affleck in these trailers is really growing on me a Bruce Wayne/Batman

Lex is black IIRC

In the cartoons he was but in the older Superman movies, no... But he was bald

So at first, I thought this was one of those "character VS character" threads, and I don't even know either series that well, but I was surprised to think that it would be an actual contest, given the disparity between the two.

So I click, I see it's a movie, I watch.

Is this a joke?

Lex is black IIRC

Nah, he's white in the comics and movies. I think he was just tan in the show, but he definitely had a deep voice that'd fit a black guy.

Despite my negative faith in this film's quality, I really do love Eisenberg as Lex. It is a very different Luthor, but holy sheet I love it.

I like it too. I think it'd be cool if he turned really ruthless once he loses the hair in the movie, it'd create a really powerful contrast.

My main worry with this movie is that it's too crowded. I think the main purpose of this movie is to set up Justice League as quickly as they can.

Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash and Victor Stone (Cyborg) are all stated to appear in this movie. Then we have Lex as the villain and now DOOMSDAY of all things thrown into the mix. It also looks like the plot's doing something with Zod?

Plus we have Darkseid's minions coming in and wrecking sheet.

I don't think it'll be that great a movie, but I'm hoping it'll at least be entertaining.

Jessie Eisenberg is playing Lex's son....according to news sources (my brother lmao).  

But this movie seems like it's going to rush things quite a bit.  They should've saved doomsday for a solo superman movie tbh...and the fact that it's supposedly created by luthor is kind of lame.  

Wonder Woman appearing out of nowhere doesn't bode too well either, since both Supes and Bats are surprised that she's there.  So like...deus ex WW?  

All in all...I'm just excited for Batfleck tbh.

Jessie Eisenberg is playing Lex's son....according to news sources (my brother lmao).  

But this movie seems like it's going to rush things quite a bit.  They should've saved doomsday for a solo superman movie tbh...and the fact that it's supposedly created by luthor is kind of lame.  

Wonder Woman appearing out of nowhere doesn't bode too well either, since both Supes and Bats are surprised that she's there.  So like...deus ex WW?  

All in all...I'm just excited for Batfleck tbh.

I think it's up in the air right now if there'll even be a Man of Steel 2. If anything, Bizarro would have made more sense rather than Doomsday.

I am feeling pretty optimistic about Batfleck as well though. I think that solo-Batman movie could be a good one.

I feel like DC saw Marvel's success with movies and tried to do the opposite. Instead of setting up everyone then making a crossover they're making one movie with a bunch of people then making stand-alone ones.

They are, but I feel like that's because they're trying to hop on the superhero bandwagon before it dies out.

I know they're super popular right now and there's a crapton of movies slated between now and 2020, but the market's over-saturation will lead to the superhero bubble popping. All of these movies are getting huge budgets since they're all blockbusters and as soon as a big bust or two happens, production on future projects will come to a grinding halt.

If I had to guess, I'd say by the time Avengers 3 finishes, people and Hollywood will be over superheroes and have moved onto something else.

I think DC is anticipating this to happen, so they're gonna quickly scramble a universe together and make as much money as they can before the window passes. Justice League would be the main priority in releasing since that movie will likely be the biggest moneymaker and will generate the most hype. So they're doing a reverse order to make sure they at least get that movie in so they'll be as on-top as they can be when the superhero fad fades.

• 3 months later...

Archived