MMORPGs

Aix

I've played one or two. Chrono Tales(?) is a name I seem to remember. Would Smite be included? Idk... If so, Smite. Path of Exile is pretty sweet too. It's been compared to Diablo and it's free to play (and not pay to win).

Anyway one thing I've always disliked is how no matter who/what your character is the story is exactly the same, you know? Also ftp games that are pay to win.

I've played one or two. Chrono Tales(?) is a name I seem to remember. Would Smite be included? Idk... If so, Smite. Path of Exile is pretty sweet too. It's been compared to Diablo and it's free to play (and not pay to win).

Anyway one thing I've always disliked is how no matter who/what your character is the story is exactly the same, you know? Also ftp games that are pay to win.

Preeettyy sure none of these are MMORPG's lmao.

We're talking more WoW, Guild Wars 2, FFXIV, SWTOR, Blade and Soul, TERA, all etc. kinda sheet.

Also I have played every MMO on that list. My main problem is that my laptop can't run any of them very well, otherwise I would be playing them all the time. Probably got the furthest in either WoW or GW2. 

Preeettyy sure none of these are MMORPG's lmao.

We're talking more WoW, Guild Wars 2, FFXIV, SWTOR, Blade and Soul, TERA, all etc. kinda s***.

Also I have played every MMO on that list. My main problem is that my laptop can't run any of them very well, otherwise I would be playing them all the time. Probably got the furthest in either WoW or GW2. 

Path of Exile is an online game (through steam so it can support how many players steam servers can support) that describes itself as an rpg.

Like i said Chrono tales is just something my brain shot out.

Smite isn't an rpg, exactly... but you do done the role of a god... the makers don't describe as an rpg, though, so my mistake.

Anyone play them? Which have you played? Which are the best, in your opinion? What do you like or dislike about them?

Yep, aside from CCG's (Real life ones only), MMO's are definitely a favourite, but more of the RPG aspect.

I've played Runescape, different private servers of Runescape, since... Grade 2 or 3? Lol. I've quit somewhere between Grade 11, because I dropped my own Private Server that I had been building utilizing Javascript. Another one would be Iruna, and AQ Worlds to a lesser extent. 

Best ones?... Not any yet. I've seen the gameplay of the others, but there's not really a MMO that's "best" , atleast for me.

What I like about them: The most redeeming part of MMO's is their ability to create an alternate reality. Like SAO, this aspect was pretty much the only thing redeeming the anime. In a world, where there are no limitations of circumstance to inhibit you, other than the game's rules, is a world where everyone can enjoy because it gives a better sense of freedom than anything else.

Dislikes: Most creators began developing the games to aim for profit, destroying the sense of what a MMO should be. Then again, I guess I can't personally blame them because it's the only method they have of paying the bills. However, it gets kind of far when it takes a ridiculous amount of time to grind levels, such as Runescape, and the only way to speed it up is usually paying real-life money. This goes the same for Iruna.

Also, most of these games aim for Level = Skill, compared to Skill = Skill. Basically, the higher leveled you are, the "better" you are at the MMO. Pisses me off every single time I start a new game, where older players hate on you for being new. 

WoW-Logo.jpg

Ten years later and this game is still my go-to for all my MMO needs. WoW for me is like an abusive girlfriend that is the perfect match for me despite the abuse. Every once in a while I get fed up with its sheet (namely its subscription fee and the fact that somehow my potato PC doesn't meet the bare minimum requirements to smoothly play a 10-year-old game) and say "Okay WoW, we're done", but somehow I always end up coming back for more. I've been in this weird on-and-off loop with the game for the majority of its lifespan, and that's because despite all the crap I give it sometimes, it was my first MMORPG and I simply never found a viable reason to move on to another one. I've dabbled in a handful of others, but my time with each was short and unmemorable.

Now if you'd like to direct me to any other game where you can play as a kung fu zombie that uses martial arts to heal his allies, can summon a celestial tiger, and builds robots & sheet with his downtime, and doesn't have a subscription fee, I might pick it up.

[spoiler=About 80% accurate]fanart-1303-full.jpg

I played Wizard 101 for like a 2 years, even had a membership for one of them. It was pretty fun, since it had wizards and cards all in one game. It was weird when Nick Jonas and Selena Gomez cropped up, though. 

Tried to get into maple story, didn't end up that well since my attention span was short and my comp was slow. 

I'd played Maplestory in middle school, but I still return to it every now and again.

I used to have a better mentality for MMORPGs, but I now have a ton of trouble sticking to any game/show/book/project/etc. for any significant length of time, MMORPGs included.

Hmm, I've played TERA and Guild Wars 2 in recent history.

TERA was fun. It was flashy and I liked the aesthetic, it was cool to try to solo BAMs (literally big-ass monsters) but the endgame was just grinding dungeons to get the endgame armor or PvP, so I felt there wasn't much content to hook me on.

Playing Guild Wars 2 now based on friend's recommendation and online reviews saying it was one of the best out there right now. Mostly lives up to the reputation, and there's no real grind. It's got lots of unique stuff and mechanics. I wish there was more really cool solo content though, but the coolest stuff is in huge map-wide events and dungeons. Also biggest con: no elves qq

Hmm, I've played TERA and Guild Wars 2 in recent history.

TERA was fun. It was flashy and I liked the aesthetic, it was cool to try to solo BAMs (literally big-ass monsters) but the endgame was just grinding dungeons to get the endgame armor or PvP, so I felt there wasn't much content to hook me on.

Playing Guild Wars 2 now based on friend's recommendation and online reviews saying it was one of the best out there right now. Mostly lives up to the reputation, and there's no real grind. It's got lots of unique stuff and mechanics. I wish there was more really cool solo content though, but the coolest stuff is in huge map-wide events and dungeons. Also biggest con: no elves qq

I was into GW2 for the longest time, it's actually a wonderful game. My issue with it was it's the world's shallowest ocean, and the difficulty outside PvP is pretty non-existent except for the artificial difficulty of Mists. I had a max level Necromancer and Engineer both with the explorer badge, it's a massive world, the lore is amazing (because I loved GW1... now... GW1 was freaking hard, you hit max level in like 12 hours and the game's story can take like 40. It's a miracle of forcing players to be REALLY F-ING GOOD, but it's old now.). I think my fondest memories are playing with friends levels, following the zergs in World versus World to take castles and fight the opposing armies, and the actually really balanced PvP (jk Necromancer overpwer, L2P scrubs Lich is undefeatable 1v1). 

I hope you enjoy the game, you'll find that it might not have the depth where you want it but if never find that, it's definitely a blast.

RN, I'm a FF14 player. It's pretty, deep in crafting and combat, and traditional enough that getting ahead take effort and the cutting edge of raiding is always moving. It's probably the BEST traditional style MMO out there, better than WoW and I was a casual player there for a good amount of time, but a lot of people don't like traditional MMOs anymore so I can see why. 

I was into GW2 for the longest time, it's actually a wonderful game. My issue with it was it's the world's shallowest ocean, and the difficulty outside PvP is pretty non-existent except for the artificial difficulty of Mists. I had a max level Necromancer and Engineer both with the explorer badge, it's a massive world, the lore is amazing (because I loved GW1... now... GW1 was freaking hard, you hit max level in like 12 hours and the game's story can take like 40. It's a miracle of forcing players to be REALLY F-ING GOOD, but it's old now.). I think my fondest memories are playing with friends levels, following the zergs in World versus World to take castles and fight the opposing armies, and the actually really balanced PvP (jk Necromancer overpwer, L2P scrubs Lich is undefeatable 1v1).

I hope you enjoy the game, you'll find that it might not have the depth where you want it but if never find that, it's definitely a blast.

Well now the game has Raids which is Anet's response to lack of difficulty. Haven't done them yet myself, so can't say more.

I'm taking my time with the content, so I think I'll have fun for a while.

I've played many, many MMORPGs over the years, and I always drop them eventually because they get too repetitive.

That said, I absolutely adore RuneScape. I haven't played it recently because I don't want to pay for Membership and I have literally nothing to do as a F2P because I've played it so much, but I always enjoyed the skill grinding and fun quests and lore. The graphics are what they are but I always found them quite charming.

If it weren't for school, I'd probably be on Runescape right now. Despite, or perhaps because of, its relatively poor graphics, it is about 15 years old now, it still finds a place in my heart due to its story and, as Shradow said, fun quests. How fun they are varies by quest and the individual, I found elemental workshop 3 fun (puzzles!!!), but many find it the bane of their existence. At least it isn't fetch 10 bear hides like some mmo's.

Way too many to list. But notable ones I guess...

• Perfect World International (Whatever that beast Tank class was)
  • Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (Paladin)
  • Rise of Mythos (Priest)
  • AdventureQuest Worlds (Infinity Knight/Cryomancer/Oracle)
  • Path of Exile (Templar)
  • Runescape (Total level: 1700+)

The last MMO I played was Ffxiv 2 months ago. Relic grind + overpriced materials  took too much of a toll. 2 dungeon roulette didnt help either.

3.2 is amazing, the content now seems to be much more appreciated than 3.1

Anyway, i'm kinda addicted to FFXIV. It's just way too great, the raids are very fun, i've recently started getting into raiding and it seems so cool. The story is very good and the majority of the community too. I main healer, so it's pretty stressful in some moments (aka always.)

3.2 is amazing, the content now seems to be much more appreciated than 3.1

Anyway, i'm kinda addicted to FFXIV. It's just way too great, the raids are very fun, i've recently started getting into raiding and it seems so cool. The story is very good and the majority of the community too. I main healer, so it's pretty stressful in some moments (aka always.)

At least the healer isn't blamed, so you can do your rotations without feeling like crap. In my experiences in raids, FFXIV gives most of the blame to the DPS.

Only MMO I play is SWTOR.  To be honest, aside from the occasional Warzone I really don't PVP much.  I usually just play it for the story content, which is what the game is definitely geared towards.  8 different classes, each with its own story and 3 expansions gives you days of story content.

Archived