[Cherry Heart] Cherry Heart Guild Main Hall Thread

Kyng

N0dTyer.png

It was a surreal dream. A peculiar dream. One he had not felt the likes of in his entire life. It was a dream that compelled him, yet with no malice nor ill will. Indeed, it was like but the gentlest of requests that could not be denied by even those of the cruelest hearts - not too unlike his daughter’s demeanour every now and then - but indeed it compelled those with noble and honourable souls to follow its call. It was most certainly a quest.

The white haired man awoke in what seemed to be a field of gentle flowers, the softest of spring breezes having petals dance like graceful butterflies, scattering throughout the land. Yet most notably stood an old, ancient, yet strong cherry blossom tree, it’s pinks softly showering from it almost hypnotically. What’s more, he had awoke upon a hill of all things, overlooking the beauty of the sea. Once standing up to his feet, brushing his cloak of the tender petals that danced and swayed around him, he approached the cliff face and gazed over into the horizon. The beautiful blue ocean was rivalled only by the beauty of its own reflecting above. All around him he felt nothing beyond serenity and bliss and it was a very welcoming feeling.

Just then, the faintest of noises was to bellow in the distance. A faint, and yet somewhat prominent horn. Glancing to its source, the man’s eyes were cast upon the famous, beautiful white port of Prunus. It was unmistakable, the proud lighthouse stood there mighty and strong, and its houses were whitewashed, reflecting the sunlight in an almost perfect way to have it shine. You could tell it was Prunus, as the whitewashed port was all that remained of it. The rest of the city had been rebuilt following the war to reflect its loyalty to the Kingdom of Fraxinus and, consequently, its architectural style clashed fiercely with the port.

With this, a gentle voice began to hum. It was in a way that seemed familiar, the likes of that which would make one think they’ve known this person their entire life, and yet they had yet to meet them.

Turning his head to it, the source came to be a cute, quirky girl with flowing chestnut hair and big grey eyes. She began to speak to the man. She explained to him where he was, and why he was here. He stood on the grounds of the old guild known as Cherry Heart - and the name sprung upon him. It was a guild of old, he had studied, a guild of mages and adventurers, one that catered to those who needed them. They pursued adventure for glory, to help those in need, and for the hell of it at times. Their legendary reputation was, too, cut down during the war and that is what became of it - a legend.

She then began to tell him that the guild was not destroyed. It had never been, in truth. Its name had still remained, as had its guildmaster, but they could not return. Not like this. Indeed, for their return, Cherry Heart would need to be rekindled, reignited, with a new spark of life. It is this what she requested of him. “Go to the City of Prunus. Go to the hall of Cherry Heart. Bring it back to life.”

And that is exactly what he set out to do.
It was a bright and beautiful day in the city of Prunus. Indeed, the rustle and bustle of daily life had a bit more spring in its step today, as there was quite an announcement going on. Throughout the city’s streets you could see its effect. From colourful banners hanging over the streets between houses, to the goods and goodies the merchants were selling. Folk were merry and had good reason to be, with children running about and playing in the streets causing a ruckus that only served to lighten the hearts of those around them. The town was incredibly welcoming today - not that it is usually unfriendly travellers, given its coastal nature travellers and wayfarers frequented Prunus as a prosperous port of trade and immigration - however today of all days would be one to remember.

Set upon the cherry blossom hill was a big ordeal going on. Many wagons and labourers were hauling all sorts of things - from enormous kegs and barrels of booze, to table settings and the sort, all of them pouring into the guild hall of Cherry Heart. Quite a festival was going on, you see, an extravagant event to herald the rebirth of the guild. The hall had been renovated and decorated to its usual welcoming demeanour, the standard it held in its past, and it would be open to the public to enjoy the festivities - however, there was one clear and obvious motive behind the resurgence of this guild. This party was, among other things, the drive to bringing new guild members into the fold. It was a way to attract adventurers and mages, to get the excitement to an unshakable high.

No expense had been spared, as the man behind the plan walked throughout the courtyard to check on how things were coming along. With a happy sigh he was more than delighted to see everything was moving almost like clockwork. Checking his clipboard he began to idly walk on by to check how things were coming along. He chuckled merrily as he found that many of the things were getting ticked off his list swiftly! The man made his way over to but one of the many buffet tables and tried himself some of the uncountable assortments of cheeses, and sinking into the scrumptious treat he found himself falling in love with the mood of the festival.

This man was Tyson Firebrand. While recognized as the guildmaster, it was only for the time being according to the horse's’ mouth. Tyson’s mind was dead set on the goal, the dream he had. To him, he was but the custodian of the guild. He was the steward who would see its return. His plan was quite simple - bring the guild to its glory, and the guildmaster would return. Maintaining the facade regardless, Tyson continued to ensure and maintain everything was being properly brought in and installed.

With monumental party devices like a gigantic barbeque built like a dragon, an outside arena for a friendly tournament, and most importantly the stall where applications sat, the Cherry Heart’s rebirth festival was thoroughly underway. All the party needed now was some applicants!

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7JRRD82.jpg?2

j1JUXgE.png?1

Amidst the outskirts of the city of Prunus stood a few trees, where a hooded figure in a brown, leather cloak sat with her back against the thickest one. On her lap rested a travel back made of the same material for which she chose to keep them from getting wet that easily. She had her back bent to look into it as one hand stretched the bag open while the other dug through it to find a certain ingredient that she knew she had packed but couldn't find.

"I need to gain some more body mass before I walk in there..." Gush murmured in frustration, eyeing the well that was not too far away from where she sat, "...just need a pinch. That's all I need, oh please, please be there..."

At last, she felt a familiar texture and immediately pulled out a small dose with two fingers, "Ugh, thank god, I knew I would need you for something!" She looked around, trying to keep quiet to avoid drawing attention. As she struggled to get to her feet, her cloak fell loose to reveal enough of her blue thighs that turned skin-colored with the light of the sun. The sight was caught by a passing drunk man whose eyes widened with joy as a creepy smile stretched from ear to ear. With a pint in his hand, he swayed over to Gush with his tongue skimming his upper lip.

Embarrassed at first, Gush hatched an idea. Without looking, she reached back into her back to pull out another herb, one whose leaves could put a human to sleep. With that, she slowly backed up behind the tree, teasing the drunken fool who swayed faster. Once out of sight of the town, a moment passed before Gush walked back out, leaving the man lying down in a loudly snoring sleep against the same tree that she sat by.

"Alright, now that that was taken care of..." she readjusted her cloak and popped her hood back up. With the herbs she needed still in hand, she made her way towards the well and drew some water, combining the herbs and pouring the contents down her cloak to be absorbed, "how convenient that this slime isn't that complicated to make... though I might be out of those ingredients already." She dug through her bag again, rolling her eyes and sighing.

"Oh well, guess I'll manage," with her body mass at the desired amount, she made her way to the Guild Hall where the festival was taking place. Judging by the influx of food and drinks in a particular building, it wasn't hard to find, "though I wish I could make something that could give me taste buds and senses to impair..."

Within the hall, Gush immediately noticed the stall of applications for the guild, which the festival was all about. She kept her distance, drawing her cloak tighter against her shoulders and her hood drooping farther down to cover her face more, watching the stall for anyone who was willing to join before she could have the idea to. She sat along one of the building's walls, watching as the people mingled and mumbled like a crowd should, eventually seeing some people start to fill out applications. These people looked more fit to join such a guild, which demotivated Gush as she sulked with another sigh. Although she was already seated, she slid further down enough to start melting through her cloak, which made her snap back into human form in a sudden panic that drew attention to her naked body. Her whole body turned a literal cherry red before she instinctively grabbed her coat, threw it on and immediately tripped and fell on her face.

"Why must it always be me..." she sobbed as the onlookers behind her went back to attending the festivities. As if she was now notorious, she somehow also felt like people did not look at her as a monster given the color of her gelatinous features appearing natural in the sunlight. She felt relieved, making her way back to the crowd but casually and with caution. Knowing that she wasn't a freak to the immediate eye, she found a reason to want to get involved, but part of her still felt like she needed to hide. With her back against another wall, she eyed the stall of applications and flicked her finger, splashing liquid onto a bypasser's face and making him stumble into the stall, knocking a few sheets off that fluttered all around the area, one in Gush's direction. Without hesitating to have people find the culprit, she rushed to snag the sheet and ran back behind the building, reaching into her back to pull out a quill and ink to fill it out.

"Run, run, everyone look out!" The panicked man rushed through the crowd that was forming for the festival. The crowd looked around in confusion to see what was the cause for such an alarm and spotted a large Minotaur swaggering down the street. He was an imposing figure, with a large crossbow slung over his back, and many balked as he approached.

However he did nothing to cause them harm, and instead just walked through the path they made, striding with determination towards one particular table.

The man running one, of many, beer stands stared in alarm at the beast that now stood in front of him. He was prepared to run for his life and cringed as the Minotaur raised his hand.

"One ale, friend!" The Minotaur said, with a crooked smile. The merchant let out a squeak of alarm...before his eyes rolled back and he collapsed onto the ground. "Well that's unfortunate...You, laddie!" He called to the nearest person. "Make sure the man's alright won't you?" He pulled out some coins from a pouch attached to his hip and set it on the table. "First round's on me!" He roared to the crowd, who instantly cheered. The threat of the Minotaur superseded by the promise of free alcohol.

Tegur picked up an entire barrel and pierced a hole with his horn, before holding it higher so that the liquid poured into his mouth. He chugged for a minute straight before slamming the barrel down and wiping his face. He gave a loud belch then let out a cheer. "What a glorious day!" He yelled, and picked up the closest person, a young man who had been ogling the Minotaur with curiosity and fear, and squeezed him in a tight hug. Tegur dropped the boy and stumbled off, towards where the applicants to Cherry Heart were gathering. "Make way make way, good beer don't come cheap and good ol' Tegur needs a job!"

A small, brightly colored, bird flew overhead of the festival, looking down at the people gathered. They all seemed to be in a good mood, and yet, the bird sensed there was something else there. As wonderful as this celebration was, there was something forced about it.

The bird landed on top of a thick tree branch, and suddenly transformed. In its place was a small young lady, with reptilian features, completely naked. She put a finger to chin, and tilted her head. "Strange strange, very strange." She muttered, and glanced over at a nearby squirrel. "What do you think? Humans don't even know how to enjoy themselves right, do they?" The animal looked at her, and seemed to nod, before scurrying off.

Kasayee hopped from the branch, landing in the middle of a group of chatting older men and woman. All of whom stared in surprise at the young lady that suddenly dropped in their midst. One made mention of indecency, to which Kasayee calmly replied. "Would you not say it is less than decent to judge someone you know nothing about? Silly human, wasting energy worrying about how a stranger looks." She walked off, as calm as you can be, deeper into the crowd.

She felt a hand on her shoulder, and she was spun around to come face to face with a leering man, whose breath reeked of alcohol. She smiled at them. "Yes?" She said, which seemed to encourage him.

"You're looking mighty fine little lady, but you'd look even better in my bed."

"Oh, thank you for the offer, but I don't sleep in beds. I must go now, I hope you find what you're looking for, and I don't mean a bedfellow." When the man refused to let go, she gave a wry smile. Suddenly a branch sprouted from her shoulder, and would have impaled the man's hand had he not taken it away quick enough. "You may find better luck elsewhere. That is if you were more polite...and didn't remind me of a dead skunk that was pissed on. Farewell, hopefully my advice does some good." She said with laughter in her eyes, and she continued on. "Now, to join this 'guild' or not, that IS the question. Filling out an application seems like such a bother..."

It was a surreal dream. A peculiar dream. One he had not felt the likes of in his entire life. It was a dream that compelled him, yet with no malice nor ill will. A world, made of donuts. A sacred haven where Tobias could fly freely among the gloriously glazed items of food, the donuts themselves parting to form a path for the young boy to step upon. Tobias could them open his mouth, immediately sucking in all the sugary goodness around him, then collapse onto a full stomach, and rest until the food had grown back, where the same actions would ensue. It was most certainly a dream.

"Wake up, sleepyhead! The Cherry Heart is opening up today!" A young, but not too young, woman stood annoyed over the top of the red-haired boy, barely noticeable in the blurriness of his vision.

"I'm sleeping... zz... Mum... zzzzzz..." The boy pulled his large fringe over his eyes and turned away, becoming silent for a moment before unleashing a large snore, almost shaking the room around him.

"You truly are your father's son..." The woman began with a smile, "NOW GET UP!" Her voice turned sinister and raspy, and in an instant the boy was out of his bed, standing wide-eyed at his mother, who was staring equally wide-eyed back. "You've wanted this chance for ages and you've finally got it! Appreciate it."

Minutes later the boy dashed out of his room clothed in a crinkled old shirt and a pair of camo pants, accompanied by a disgusting pair of black runners.

"Son, your mother isn't ready yet." A small pale man sat at the kitchen table looking out the window at the festivities in town.

"C'mon dad, you know what day it is. It's important! I gotta get going now or else I'll miss all the fun."

"Unlikely." Is all the older man replied. The boy slumped down into his seat at the table, placing one hand under his chin and looking past his father, into the town.

"Mum, how long does it take to prepare for a festival?"

"Longer than a man would ever know."

The celebrations going on could easily be confused for chaos, with children running around like mad dogs, people all over the place trying to make their way through the clutter, and a huge line of people all standing before some tables. "Look son, the applications line is here!" She said with a warm smile. "Let's line u-"

"Let's not... F-for now at least, is what I mean. Look! There's stuff all over the place. If we line up now we'll be stuck here all day. We should at least see everything there is to see before deciding to spend our time in a line."

x393wz.jpg

A cold-blooded murder walked cheerfully among people of all shapes and sizes, ducking in and around their feet, glancing to his left every now and again to see an equally fast human managing to keep up with him, a tiny dwarf. Both made their way through the crowd until they broke out of the large pack, both pouncing at a beautiful grey fountain before them, Kenpachi grabbing it just before his opponent did. "Sorry mate, but uh... You're sheet at running!" The miniature said in a deep and heavy voice before breaking into a chuckle.

"Shut up you... You... Oversized baby!" The man replied before erupting into an equally loud laugh. Both men were so drunk you almost couldn't tell they were adults. Kenpachi had been having a fairly lucky day, first with his human mates buying him a couple drinks, then a bloody oversized bullman paying for everybody's beer!

"I gotta go meet that Minotaur, mate. Ugly, but damn if he doesn't know how to make a dwarf happy." At this moment in time, Kenpachi didn't give a damn that he was an evil loony capable of slaughtering an entire village. Drunken hazes are fun, man.

ErxlloC.jpg?1

The town of Prunus was abuzz with new life.  The stores, the air, the view, it was all so much to take in!  Atop a large hill was seemingly where the events were taking place.  He could hardly contain his excitement, and his thorax started to shake nervously.  Everything was so lively, but he was used to all of this after all.  He grew up in one of the busiest places one could in this world, a bee hive!  But here in Prunus, he wouldn't just be another worker gathering supplies for the colony.  This is where he would make a difference in the world...here, at Cherry Heart. 

As he hovered along the street, a certain stand caught his compound eyes.  A flower stand with a beautiful array of colors that he'd yet to see graced the top of the handmade stand.  

"Oh my!"  He buzzed with delight.  "What a lovely display you have!  If you wouldn't mind...may I..."  He looked up from the flora display to realize the attendants at the stand had reeled in shock.  "Oh...Oh dear....I'm sorry to have come off as a bit...strange?"  His tone became softer, and his nerves started to show.  

"We uh...We don't get many of your kind around these parts."  The lady finally responded.

"I most certainly would think so...after all, us insectoids only live amongst ourselves.  However, I Leo Honeybuzz, am going to become a member of this town's guild!  Cherry Heart!"  

The couple at the stand looked at him blanky, to each other, and then back to him. 

"Oh wow!  What a brave little one you are!  Here," The lady pulled out a gardenia from the many types on display and handed it to him.  "Hopefully this will help you get a spot!  Good luck little one!"  He held the flower in his hand, almost driven to tears of joy.  

"Than-Thank you so much!  I'm gonna do my best!"  And with that, Leo waved at the ladies and went back on his way to Cherry Heart.  

V0anCJY.png

A4uywC9.jpg?1

So today was the day.  The day that the once famous guild, Cherry Heart, was reopening its doors and allowing new applicants.  This would be his only shot at redemption...where he could better himself and hone his....special talents.  

However, looking around at the gathering, the other hopefuls all looked a bit...strange.  He'd never seen so many non-humans in one place before.  It almost felt a little awkward to him.  Though, the more he thought about it, the more it made sense.  They all had a reason to come here, just like he did.  Some extra coin, a place to call home, practice for something even more grande in scale!  Now he was excited!  So many different people to meet and to spar with!  

An aura started to emanate around him, and his flowing hair danced in the breeze, and was whipped around playfully.  He began walking towards the signs that read "Apply Here", but was distracted when his nose caught the faint trace of....

MEAT!  

His stomach growled and he quickly grasped it in an attempt to shut it up as quickly as possible.  He reached into his pockets, the same thing he had done the night before, to find out what he already knew.  

Myth was flat out broke.  He rubbed the back of his head and smiled.  Maybe he would have to sign up first, and then receive some sort of food voucher for the day!  He resumed his course posthaste, and booked it to the back of the line.  He had to stop quickly, as the man...or bug, in front of him had his stinger sticking out as plain as day.  The gust of wind that swooshed past all the applicants almost blew the bug away.  Myth quickly grabbed it by the leg.  The bee looked at the man with long flowing hair, and nodded.

"Thank you sir!  I was almost carried off by that incredible gust!  My name's Leo!"  Myth nodded as Leo descended back to the ground.  He pointed to himself with his thumb.  

"Myth."  He said.  He then pointed towards the stinger that had caused all this ruckus.  The bee's face almost turned from black to a crimson red.  

"OH SUGAR!"  The stinger quickly retracted into his lower body.  "I can't believe I had that just sticking out for the world to see!"  He bowed to Myth, who scratched his cheek in confusion.  "Please, accept my apology on bee-half of all bee-kind!"  Myth only patted Leo's small head.  He wasn't the one to care about such trivial things.  But apparently in his culture, this was a horrible offense.  

"No worries."  

Angela

"Thanks for letting me stay for the night, madam!"

Angela waved at the landlady while smiling. Packing her backpack, she then proceeded to leave as fast as she could from the place. The landlady might have not known it, but she didn't actually pay any money to her husband, and he let her stay during the night for...another reason entirely that would be disastrous if the landlady had any ideas of, buuut that shouldn't matter. If she ended up knowing, the only people she could get mad to would be her husband anyway so Angela wouldn't have to worry about that. She got her stay, a nice breakfast, and that's without spending any money at the overpriced inns or hotels nearby.

To think about it, lately she hadn't been able to find treasures that she could send to her dad to get her allowances. Coupled with how hard it was to find quests that she could actually take on her own lately, she's really getting short on money. Dangerously so. Had it not for her hearing about the newly opened application for the guild...she might have to return home. That'd be a massive bummer. But for that lack of funds too, Angela couldn't actually get into the guild's place with a vehicle of sort. She had to leave early on and walk there. That shouldn't really be a problem. but it's still quite a bummer since that's wasting like 2 hours of the day for her.

"It's not like I've been doing this for months or so. No time to complain, yep yep."

iU8EggM.png

Took her shorter than expected to reach the destination, and once she was there, Angela was surprised at how there was a festival going on at the place. She thought that it was going to just be a lame session of applying and then a short introductory briefing. Then again, she shouldn't complain about this. It's legitimately something she needed to cheer her up, and hey, free food. That's never a bad thing. Her sight at first was immediately taken by the sight of a giant barbecue shaped like a dragon. For someone that didn't get to eat anything fancy in the past mouth, that was simply mouth-watering. Though, at the last moments before she rushed right into there, she remembered that she had to fill in the form to join the guild first.

She sighed a bit at that realization, and went around to look for the registration post. The line when she came thankfully wasn't really that long, and it took her only half an hour to finally get to fill in the form and return it. Once that was done though, there's no longer anything that could stop her from enjoying the food and the festivities. Maybe she'd find someone interesting around too. The place was filled with people of different races. Humans, elves, minotaur, dwarves, some other stuffs, that winged freak at the corner, there's plenty of opportunities to learn about new things. And a lot of opportunity to try new things too.

"...Huh?"

Though, what ended up taking her interest weren't what she's expecting at first. A figure in the midst of the crowd took her attention. It was...a young girl? Seemingly so, though doubtful. This girl, who was half-covered by scales, was now talking with a drunken-looking old man. She's for some reasons was not wearing any clothing, and it's clear that everyone in the place that saw her was aware of it, especially since the old man was clearly trying to hit on her. Though it seemed that his advances was stopped when the scale-y girl formed a branch on her shoulders somehow to almost impale the man's hand.

"Now, to join this 'guild' or not, that IS the question. Filling out an application seems like such a bother..."

"There's really not that much to fill, so don't worry about it. The line's pretty long, but you probably can wait until later to get a chance of filling the form."

Angela, who went closer, tapped the girl's shoulder to take her attention. She had make a note to withdraw her hand as soon as she could to avoid getting speared by a branch. Smiling with the best smile she could make, Angela tried her best to wait for the girl so she had a chance of answering her question, before Angela get to the more important topic, something that she had been dying to ask since she saw the scale-y girl.

"So uh...sorry for barging in on the convo, but...I'm kind of curious on something. How does it feel walking around butt-naked like that? Does it really feel good? Does it or how people looks at you when you do it inconvenienced you?

Well, it's kinda weird for me to ask but...ah, I don't think it's that important to say." Despite saying that, from how she asked the question, it was clear that Angela said it with quite the interest on the topic. Thus, she patiently waited on the lizard-like girl to answer her question.

Eristhene

"...Winged weirdo...? People really have no taste these days."

Mumbling to herself, Eristhene walked out of the line in front of the application table, and started to walk around looking for something to do. She rarely went around the city, but it felt weird that people rarely saw an elf like her these days. It's not something that should be a problem, it was just about how people saw her that made her somewhat disturbed. Annoyed, even. Like how she was taught to march, she walked with her halberd on her side. The clothes that covered her large black wings went up a bit at times, uncovering what looked like weapons underneath it.

It's not like she really wanted to join the guild. That wasn't a part of her mission to patrol the city for her King's sake. Although, her neighbor did have some good point. If it's not for their urging and effort to make Eris realize about how much Eris needed to join the guild to find a proper job for once and for her to find allies, then she'd still be stuck at her flat, tinkering with her guns again. Hard to admit, but Eris did realize that mission or not, getting stuck there for decades didn't really do her well. Better off getting a new activity in joining this guild than rotting there.

For now, at the very least, she decided to just enjoy the food. Enemies and assassins might attack at any moments, so it's best if she's able to confront them when she's full and ready.

kip9Xwj.png?3

Prunus. A city with a familiar sounding name, though not one of familiar sights. It was known to be a popular site for travelers all around; whether it be for trading or for sight seeing. It was one that had a positive reputation and one that could definitely take the breath away. But the sight the young Mena Smith saw today was one that she could never have prepared herself for, no matter how much she had heard about this town. From just the outskirts of the city, it was quite clear to see that this was quite the hustling bustling place. The sound of a collective crowd speaking could be heard from all around, all manner of attractions were easily visible no matter where one was and the various smells were that wafted from every direction were both in pleasant and pungent....varieties. The whole sensation of it all was enough to make her second guess herself, though turning back was not really an option anymore. 

Steeling herself, Mena walked through the crowd of people, trying not to get overwhelmed by everything that was here. She was here for one reason, and one reason only. And that was to eat meat. Her feet carried over to the barbecue, her mouth watering as the scent of freshly cooked meat wafted towards her. As she forced her way through the crowd, she practically threw what little money she had on her at the vendor as she grabbed something that she had never actually seen before and just started devouring it. "Sooo good," slipped out of her mouth as the meat continued to force its way through her body. While lost in the bliss of it, she shook her head as she came to her senses once more. As good as it was, meat wasn't why Mena had come to this port city. No.

Mustering her willpower to walk away from the alluring power of barbecue, she continued on her way towards the building with the most presence in town. The one that was undoubtedly the guild hall of Cherry Heart. Making her way through the roaring crowd, she eventually got to the sign in area, where she stopped dead in her tracks. "Eh?" Her mouth was a bit agape as she looked on at all of the not so human folk that were gathering here. She knew that they existed, and had learned about different races before, but seeing them up close. That was an entirely different subject altogether. Nevertheless, she swallowed her nerves as she continued to wait on line before she could fill out her application to the guild. 

Life had been brought to Prunus. All around, there was chatter, talking, and excitement. Lily found herself being swept in among the festivities. She had heard rumor that Cherry Heart was accepting again, but didn't actually believe it until now. Usually this place was rather quiet, but today it was as if the circus had come to town. Bodies were everywhere, some foreign, some local. Lily made her way through the crowd, paying no attention to the men in the lot for once in her life. She casually strolled along, taking in the scents, and watching the party happen. A marvelous sight it was. However, the barbecue caught her eye. On it, she couldn't help but notice the hotdogs. She couldn't recount how many times people had been brought to her for something as petty as choking on those. What a risk for such a sub-par food. But she didn't let those damper her mood.

While in the grounds, she couldn't help buying a few treats. She knew it wasn't healthy, and by eating these deep fried calorie bombs she would lower her life expectancy rate, but she couldn't pass it up. Besides, the men at the vendors were more than happy to give her discounts on them. She had just finished a large rod of deep fried dough, coated with melted butter, cinnamon, and sugar, and a Strawberry Banana smoothie when she remembered she was here to sign up for the Cherry Heart Guild. The large crowd surrounding a small area gave her an idea of where it was, so she set off.

Lily came across the Guild Hall. It was her plan to sign up for Cherry Heart. After hearing stories form some of her patients, she had been DYING for adventure. Besides, what better way to keep them from winding up in the ER than to heal them in the fields! A truly genius idea. She strutted down the hall, her pink heels clicking against the ground. However, there seemed to be a bunch of people, and even more animal-people singing up before her. What a colorful array of people. She waited towards the end of the line, deep in thought. So deep she wasn't even busy flirting with the guys in the line.

Having taken the advice of the explorers, Angel had finally made it to the City of Prunus. The city was buzzing with the cheers and laughter of the festival and multiple adventurers were making their way to sign up for the guild. “Alright Angel, don't screw this up now,” Angel sighed as she moved through the crowd. Angel knew she could pass through the crowds without getting any weird looks, for all they knew she could be wearing an unique style of armor.

However there was one thing she couldn't get away with as her eye soon began to twitch. “Of all places… definitely don't screw this up,” Angel knew that if she glitches out in a crowded area like the festival, she would screw things up for herself. “This is my one chance, if I join this guild, I may be able to learn about the ones who created me.” But after noticing the drunken Minotaur, and lizard girl, she realized that maybe her “other” personality wouldn't be so troubling for everyone in the festival.

Never the less, she knew not to mess up. One wrong move, and she may not be accepted by the guild and she might never find out about her creators. “Well… here goes nothing.” Angel made her way to sign up for Cherry Heart, ever hoping that “Fallen Angel” doesn't make an appearance.

2567mns.png

“Gah, my back is killing me...”

Masaru groaned and rubbed at the small of his back in a fruitless attempt to alleviate some of the tension. It was all because he had been forced to sleep in an alley the night before with Arctus poking into his back, and the smell of a dead rat burning his nose and probably still lingering on his clothes. He hadn’t had the coin to pay for a room in any of the local inns or hotels, even the cheap and rundown ones, and his attempts at convincing them to take an “IOU” hadn’t gone over well (he still had the bruises from the broom to prove it). All in all, so far his experience in Prunus had been nothing but bad, but the Summon Mage wasn’t going to let that get him down.

He had managed to make it to the festival despite the ache in his back and the massive crowd that had gathered to watch the spectacle, squeezing his way past all of the stalls and pickpockets and little kids running from their Mom or Dad, and to say that he was feeling overwhelmed would have been an understatement. Masaru had never seen a barbecue so enormous, or felt so much magic gathered in one place; the air was absolutely humming with magical power, leaking off all of the mages that had come to join the legendary guild Cherry Heart. Not for the first time, he was struck with a feeling of inadequacy compared to everyone else around him.

What would they want with someone like him, who couldn’t even get in a proper fight without dropping Arctus because of his clumsy attacks, when they had someone like the Minotaur who was picking up entire kegs full of ale with no trouble? He had thought that maybe he could win some people over by just being a nice guy, but just a minute after arriving and that thought had been thrown into the dirt and stomped on. How could his stupid smile compete with someone who had the money to pay for literally everyone a round of drinks? He couldn’t even afford a stupid place to stay overnight.

Masaru shook his head and steeled his nerves. No, he had traveled for a month on foot to be here. At the very least he was going to try and sign-up, even if they just laughed in his face. With that thought in mind and before he had a chance to lose his nerve again, Masaru pushed his way through the crowd and stumbled into the line where people were waiting to apply.

He wasn’t in line for more than a minute before he noticed something strange. Was that…? Masaru shook his head once again. No, it couldn’t be, she had been barely up to his chin when he left the village three years ago. It wasn’t possible that she was taller than him now, that wouldn’t make any sense. Even if her hair matched up and she was still as lanky looking as ever and… Damn it, he was going to have to ask, just to make sure. But there was definitely no way that she had grown taller than him.

“Mena! Hey, Mena, is that you?” Several people in the line turned to look at Masaru and he realized that he had shouted quite a bit louder than he had intended to. Welp, not much he could do about it now.

"There's really not that much to fill, so don't worry about it. The line's pretty long, but you probably can wait until later to get a chance of filling the form."

Kasayee hadn't expected her question to be answered, but she was pleasantly surprised by the response this young lady gave her. "Oh hello there...You smell strange." She didn't mean any offense by this, was simply stating a fact. There was an unusual odor lingering on the girl's skin. "But thank you. Waiting is something I can do, waiting doesn't take effort."

"So uh...sorry for barging in on the convo, but...I'm kind of curious on something. How does it feel walking around butt-naked like that? Does it really feel good? Does it or how people looks at you when you do it inconvenienced you? Well, it's kinda weird for me to ask but...ah, I don't think it's that important to say."

Kasayee smiled, seemingly knowingly, at the young girl. It was a question she had somewhat anticipated. She looked up at the sky a moment, before answering. "When you were born, you had no clothing, yes? Was there anything weird about it? Did it feel like anything in particular? This is the natural state. It's not an issue of how it feels, or how others see it, it just is." She looked back at the young lady. "There's so much wonder in this world, yet that is the question I get most. You people are such funny creatures. Oh, but I will admit, laying down in the grass feels much more comfortable without something in the way. As for inconvenience...What do I care for how others see me? I have nothing to hide, I will live my life, and they theirs, and that's all."

"Whose damn horse is this!?" Kasayee's attention was taken by a small uproar. A man was complaining about having been apparently trod upon by a most unusual horse wearing clothing. In response a Minotaur came up to the man. "Oh there ye are! Sorry about that laddie, Jeezes is a bit clumsy I'm afraid. Jeeves, apologize to the man, come on, speak up won't ya?" After the horse and Minotaur stared at each other for a time, the Minotaur waved his hand. "Bah he's being shy, c'mon let's get you somewhere you won't cause trouble." With that, the Minotaur led the horse away, and Kasayee noticed he clutched one of the applications in his hand, interesting...

"Well isn't that delightfully ironic....Anyway, is there anything else you were wondering? Because I'm going to get some food..." She eyed a table full of fruit with a

hungry glint in her eyes, heading towards it before the other girl could respond.

"Alright, that should do it... now to turn it in..." Gush held the application in front of her, reading it repeatedly until she was convinced that everything was correct. As she looked to where the applications were being turned in, she started shaking, which looked more like wiggling with her gelatinous body, "...okay, Sammy, deep breath, it's just a crowd of humans, they're weirded out by everything."

One foot in front of the other brought her back around the corner with her cloak restrained and her hood up as she peeked her head to eye the stall once more, only to see the line consist of other non-human creatures, more specifically the reptilian person who stood naked and partly covered in scales. Nonetheless, her features that would normally be covered up were exposed and there wasn't a hint of embarrassment or humiliation on her face, but confidence and joy despite the guys who hit on her. This puzzled Gush but also gave her a wave of relief, but only slightly as she still had the natural need to be decent having been a human before.

"Well, I guess I'm not the only freak here after all..." she mumbled with fading breath as she looked one last time at the application as if compulsively obsessed with how her own handwriting looks, "...well, here goes nothing." Taking a deep breath, she made her way to where applications were being taken, eyeing the strange girl in line while at the same time avoiding eye contact with onlookers and keeping her face shaded under her hood with one hand holding her collar tight while the other let the slip of paper flutter with the air. However, her eyes could only noticed everything to her side before she ran into more people walking away.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!" she gasped while staggering back with quivering legs that made her whole body shake again. As if knowing she was already drawing attention, she made the final stretch to turn the paper in. Embarrassment flooded her as she continued to shake in a wiggling fashion, which only made it worse as she sat down near where one of the buffet tables were, eyeing the food and wishing she could enjoy it.

"...ugh, at least I don't need it to survive, but... it looks so delicious..."

Climbing the hills and stairs of the beautiful city of Prunus was the ebon man from the Distant East, the deserts of Kaktos. Dareios was smiling brightly as he found his heart bewitched by the joy filling the streets. The kids playing, the merry working songs - he probably saw it in rose tinted glasses, but who couldn’t on a day like this? The city’s heart, it's’ Cherry Heart, was beating with life once again. Dareios’ explorative wanderlust had him in the perfect place at the perfect time, it seemed, and he would not cast this blessing of fortune aside. He strode up every path and followed the masses who piled on into the grounds of the guild.

What he saw before him only went to further romanticize the beauty of the festival for him - an old hall, honoured by an enormous festival held outside welcoming all those who came. All funds went to rebuilding Cherry Heart, and the line for the applicants was growing bigger and bigger every second. The vast amounts of tables filled with people, plates and food gave the whole area a wonderful vibe, and the noise of happiness, banter, and merriness had spirits unshakable. With a chuckle, he knew it was destiny that called him to this place. Dareios felt fate tugging his heart strings. He had found what would be his home for the time to come.

Dareios nonchalantly sauntered on by past a winged individual - who caught his attention almost immediately. It seemed they were coming from the stall, which meant one thing: they must have applied! Perhaps she’d be able to answer any questions he had. What’s more is that she was also enjoying the food. With this in mind he gave the lady a charismatic smile as he gently spoke in his chocolately goodness that was his voice.

“Excuse me, miss.” Dareios started, gesturing to the stand and the queue. “I noticed you came from there. Did you apply to join the guild?” He chuckled with a cheeky little swagger as he rubbed his chin, following up with “If so, is there anything I should know before applying - oh, and that food looks really good. Do you just go up and grab some? Or do you need to pay?”

Gauging the winged woman’s response, Dareios would reply with a hand brought to his heart and a nod, thanking her for what assistance she could provide - once he finished the queue he’d probably see if he could bounce back around to talk to her. However among other things his eyes were immediately transfixed upon what he could only describe as a blonde bombshell, a beauty incredibly exotic to him. It was Lily Moral, who naturally managed to steal the show wherever she wandered, who stole Dareios’ gaze. He’d make a mental note to talk to her as soon as he could.

However soon after this he noticed what he could only describe as a very wobbly woman handing in her papers in a very flustered demeanour. Furrowing his brow curiously he wondered what on earth was going on. So, he figured out a neat way to figure it out. Once he worked over the form, and dropped it where relevant, Dareios walked on by and got himself a modest plate of grub. With this he walked on by Gush and gently tapped her shoulder.

“Hello there.” He spoke with a start. “I’m going to go eat with that lady over there. I noticed you handed in an application. She did too, and so did I - it might be good to get to know each other if we end up making it through.” Extending the invitation to the slime girl, Dareios brought his food back over to Eristhene’s seat as he smiled gently, giving her a wave to greet her again.

~Past~

BGM

"NO! i ABSOLUTELY FORBID IT!!"

"But Tosz...what's the use of even teaching me these abilities?!"

Deep within a forgotten cave, a young man by the name of Kin Agham began to voice his concerns of leaving the "nest" and venturing forth into the world...but his father: Tosz, the Gold Dragon who stood before him, had other ideas.

"There is no discussing it, Kin! I told you that you aren't ready for that." Tosz replied, slamming his claw down in protest. "Your training isn't complete...and damnit, I will not have you risking your life!"

Kin, being fed up with this, stormed off away from the dragon... This was the last straw... He had finally been fed up with his father...

Later within the cover of night, the young Dragon Slayer scurried around the cave, taking quite a bit of the treasure Tosz "acquired" for himself and placed it in a small pouch. With one final look at the Gold Dragon that slumbered not too far behind, he made his way out of the den...

~Present Day~

BGM

The beautiful sun shone down upon the city of Prunus and it was busier than usual...well, for obvious reasons. The Magic Guild known as Cherry Heart was accepting new guild members. This would mean wizards from all over the kingdom would most likely be arriving to answer the call that Cherry Heart gave forth. This was nothing to him though...he loved a challenge...

"Whooooooooa!!" Kin marveled at the sight upon the cherry blossom hill that housed the guild hall. "That's definitely the place."

A grin began to form over the man's face as he took his thumb and brushed it against his nose, in a confident manner as he reached into his little pouch on his side. He pulled out two gold coins, flipped them into the air before letting them fall back down....right into his mouth. This spectacle was probably very...VERY strange to some, but he didn't care.

"Yeah...that hit the spot. Nothing like a bit a gold to satisfy my belly!" Kin chuckled before making his way up the hill towards the guild hall. Heh...just watch Tosz...I'll show you that I'm ready. I'll prove to you... he thought as he began to pick up his stride, running up the hill, full of a youthful vigor.

Angel kept cool and signed her application for the guild. After turning her application in, she proceeded to sit at one of the many tables set up for the barbeque. She noticed at a table close to hers, sat a charming man and what appeared to be a woman with large wings. They appeared to be having a nice talk, Angel knew that getting to know her possibly future guildmates was a smart idea, but as she wasn't much of a talker, she couldn't start a conversation with anyone new. She came to the decision to wait for someone to talk to her first, as she wasn't talkative in the first place to start a friendly conversation on her own.

Suddenly from the corner of her eye, Angel saw possibly the cutest thing she had ever seen in her short time of being "alive". A fuzzy bee insectoid in human clothing waiting in line to sign up for the guild. As much as she wanted to just snatch up and hug the insectoid, she knew she had to keep her composure, she couldn't lose control in front of so many people otherwise she might ruin her chance of joining the guild. " Ooooohhh, it's so cute... but I can't lose my mind now, just stay calm Angel, stay perfectly *Spark* Calm!!!" Angel had to slap herself to stop herself from glitching. She stopped herself, but much to her embarrassment, people began looking at her strangely. " Ahhhh, of all the times," Angel sighed to herself as she covered her face.

OST - Shippo Dance

Nanuq stood in the middle of the plaza, stiff like a board. Among just humans, he'd stick out like a sore thumb, being on the taller side. But the city seemed to be full of creatures and races of all shapes and sizes, leaving him feeling rather normal in comparison. That is, normal by human standards.

The various sights of these beings and the scenes they caused, the hundreds and different intermingling scents, the hustle and bustle of a city revitalized. The last he passed through here, several weeks past, the city simply didn't have this much life. Among street vendors, there might've been simply one or two selling food or the occasional trinket. People went about their day, doing their daily tasks and chores whilst daydreaming about who-knows what. It'd be unfair to call the fairly grand city as "drab," but in comparison to now, it fit the bill rather well. Now, there were dozens among dozens of street vendors peddling their wares or foodstuffs loudly and proudly, and people pushed and shoved on their way to wherever to do whatever. Decorations lined the buildings on the streets, and all-in-all, it was like an entirely different city.

"What... happened since I came here last?"

His own self-musings would provide him no answer, though he found himself doing them anyway; though the time since he had been away from family was short, he still picked up the habit of talking to himself at fairly regular intervals. Perhaps he just wasn't used to the idea of having no one to talk to? Sure, there were hundreds of people surrounding him, but there was no one to him. He felt a knot in his stomach well up and begin to pull at him, and loneliness began to creep up on him. Pricking himself with his own claw in the leg, he knocked himself out of it, and focused. People were moving in droves in all sorts of directions, but a small majority of them had been moving north of where he was. And where their were people...

"...there are rumors."

With quick strides, he began to navigate his way in the direction the crowd was headed, a task not so simple due to his innate size. However, he still had a level of nimbleness one wouldn't expect from him, and was able to squirm his way through the myriad of races and peoples without touching anyone else, save for one lady with strange hair. No time to apologize. He'd had enough of this insufferable loneliness, and if he could only pick up one lead, one hint, one speck of information... maybe he'd be able to find his family.

After a brisk walk, he'd sooner come across what all the commotion was about. It was a grandiose looking building, of sorts. Perhaps a fancy pub, or a guild hall? Either way, as he walked through the courtyard, he soon found himself amongst warriors, mages, and all sorts of combat-related folk, many of which were just reeking of the sort of raw strength he was familiar with, while many others were more akin to... a newborn cub, than anything else. If his father's stories had taught him anything...

"Definitely a guild hall."

Making his way inside the structure, he could barely move his way around, as the hall was packed with potential applicants, employees, and other such folk. With such a vast array of races and peoples at his disposal, he would no-doubt hear the rumors he required. He began to get excited at the prospect, pushing his way further inside. However, he found himself stopping at a pillar, suddenly lost in thought and confused in action. He looked around, seeing a strange bird creature, what smelt to be a... form of slime, and even a minotaur, among others. He gripped the necklace his father gave him, post disappearance.

"...Where do I even start?"

x393wz.jpg

Tracy could not be reached for comment, as his shop was closed in preparation of Cherry Heart's opening. A sign on the door to his humble shop read "Business Inquires Inside."

Angela

"Oh hello there...You smell strange."

...Huh...? I swear I've taken a bath.

Looking puzzled at the lizard girl's remark, Angela nevertheless tried to still look friendly towards her as she waited for the answer of the main question that she asked about. In the meantime she tried her best to not be too distracted by the girl's figure. Others were definitely watching over the little girl now, some with a clearly disturbed expression, some with a clear lust in their eyes. Yet, being at the center of the attention didn't seem to bother the girl at all. That's weird. A naturalistic approach like this in a big city...does she really regard her body as nothing important that she's willing to show it off like that without shame?

"When you were born, you had no clothing, yes? Was there anything weird about it? Did it feel like anything in particular? This is the natural state. It's not an issue of how it feels, or how others see it, it just is."

Well, she's not wrong. Still, it's still hard to swallow for Angela that she could just go clotheless like that without being disturbed. What about heat? What if it's cold, or what if it's raining? Maybe being a lizard girl she didn't have to worry about those things, but her not seeming to care about those felt weird. And...what if she met perverts like that old man earlier? A drunk geezer wouldn't be a problem for the lizard girl to spear through, but what if she came across someone more dangerous?

"There's so much wonder in this world, yet that is the question I get most. You people are such funny creatures. Oh, but I will admit, laying down in the grass feels much more comfortable without something in the way. As for inconvenience...What do I care for how others see me? I have nothing to hide, I will live my life, and they theirs, and that's all."

"A-ah...I see." Angela resisted her urge to start ogling and touching the lizard girl. Thinking about it, she had a point. Angela could only imagine the joy of having the wind breeze embraced her bare skin, or the sensation she'd feel when she's lying on the grass without her clothes obstructing her skins from the sensation. Not having to worry about her clothes getting sticky and uncomfortable due to sweat, not having to worry about her clothing getting wet when she jumped right into a river to have fun. And, perhaps it's just an inner urge that she awakened when she saw the lizard girl, but...thinking about it, Angela felt like she wished to be in her position. Being in such a shameful position with people looking at her with a mix of disgust and lust...thinking about it sent a shiver down her spine. It's not something she would openly admit but...getting publicly shamed like that by her own choice sounded a lot more enjoyable in her mind than before.

Though, being an adventurer Angela had no excuses to try something like what the lizard girl did. She's not a lizard, the weather would do one hell of a toll to her skin and her health. Bugs and parasites would be an issue too - something the lizard wouldn't have to worry with her shapeshifting scale-y skin. There's also the fact that going around naked while carrying her backpack would scrape her skin badly due to the friction between her sweaty skin and her backpack, and that could hurt like hell. And lastly, she still had to worry about getting scratched by branches, pebbles, rocks, and other inconveniences in the terrain.

Sadly, it seemed that it's something she had to do during casual times, not during an adventure nor a quest. Though, the lizard girl's attention was taken by a ruckus away from Angela while the blue-haired girl was still stuck thinking about living her life the natural way. Apparently a minotaur caused a minor issue with his horse or something, although Angela didn't get to see most of the thing happening.

"Well isn't that delightfully ironic....Anyway, is there anything else you were wondering? Because I'm going to get some food..."

"Hmm sur- Wait, wait for me!"

Just as she was going to answer the lizard girl's question, the lizard girl had already left for a food stall, the one with fruits lined up on top of it. It looked really mouth-watering, but of course, Angela would prefer the dragon-shaped barbecue before eating fruit as dessert. She thought about whether she would go straight to the barbecue or to follow the lizard girl, but at the last moment, she decided to follow the girl instead. She still had things to ask to her, and a companion would always be harder to get than a piece of meat these days.

"Hey, hey..." Angela approached the girl as she started to pick on the fruits, "Dressing like that, you never had any problems with perverts or something similar? Like, I know you handled that old man earlier well, but that's just a drunken geezer.

Though, that topic aside...uh, damn! I forgot to introduce myself! Dang...sorry to be rude like that. Name's Angela, an aspiring hunter for both treasure and love. I don't think I've seen anyone like you before, so mind telling me where did you come from?

It must be quite the fun place..."

Eristhene

“Excuse me, miss.”

In the middle of enjoying her ice cream, Eris was approached by one...quite interesting human male. Of course, her first reflex was to grab her weapon, getting ready to use the halberd any time, but the man soon proven himself to not be a hostile, and Eris could loosen herself as he continued to talk. She still made a point to keep some distance between him and her, though.

“I noticed you came from there. Did you apply to join the guild?”

"Yes. Somewhat decided that I need new things going on in my life."

“If so, is there anything I should know before applying - oh, and that food looks really good. Do you just go up and grab some? Or do you need to pay?”

"Well..." Eris tried her best to keep her voice firm and resolute, but something in the man's word made her choose to speak in a more lax way. Unfitting for a soldier like her, but maybe a slip like this wouldn't be too bad for a momentary change. "You just need to fill a form and return that form, and that's pretty much it. And the food...are mostly free. Some requires you to pay, but they usually wouldn't be expensive since I assume the guild makes sure so vendors gave the biggest discount they could to their delicacies."

The man seemed pleased with her reply, and replied with a polite gesture. It's uncomfortable, sure, but Eris couldn't really say that she wasn't pleased by the man's politeness. He then left the queue, and Eris let out a sigh before returning to enjoy her food. There's something dangerous about him, the elven woman was sure. He might not even be dangerous, but she knew that he could spell trouble. The fact that she let her guard down was also quite alarming. If he's an enemy...no, Eris couldn't really think that he's really an enemy. Perhaps it's best to keep her manner for now, and not let herself too taken by his words.

Once she finished with her delicacy, she moved to the next table to eat something heavier. It's not really much, just a plate of filleted fish, but she's not really a big eater anyway. Though, soon she realized that there's people approaching her, and as she turned around, she noticed the man from earlier, who also brought another girl with him this time. The bluish girl that the man brought with him looked...unhealthily wobbly, though she seemed to be quite flustered to be around them. Thinking about it, Eris remembered seeing her on the line to apply earlier. She was quick to run away as if she's quite shy, though she definitely did apply for the guild. The man waved his hand to greet Eris again, and Eris awkwardly responded with a smile before giving the two of them a room to sit, making sure that she sit on the new girl's side instead of the man's in the meantime. Also, it's a perfect position so that she could fire the guns on her wings towards any of them if they prove to be hostile. No matter what, it's still in the enemy's territory, so she couldn't be too sure about anything.

"Now now, since we all applied to the guild and would probably soon be guildmates, an introduction should be warranted." Saying that, Eris then took the time to gather her breath before she continued with something that she probably had repeated over a thousand times. "I am Eristhene Claudia Tiberius of the Outer Border Patrol Joint Detachment, of the proud elven kingdom of Caeth. I am here to start a new direction in my life, while hoping that this doesn't break the order my king gave me. That's that, I guess."

Traveling is fun! Its the gateway to new adventures and mysteries that life has to give those that dwell in her domain. Henry's travels this time took him to the city of Prunus where he had hoped to make his way into his first magical guild. This was definitely a different kind of work than he was used to. All his life he used to work in casinos and hotels. Which to be fair he was good and bad at the same time. Maybe it was time for a change and word around the countryside was that Cherry Heart was having a great a extravaganza to attract new members. Now if there was one thing that he knew was how to act in a party. It was what his family raised him on. 

He didn't have many bags, they were going to be shipped to him upon his acceptance and subsequent rooming inside the guild, so he was pretty mobile while walking around the city. It didn't take him long to find the guild hall as it was radiant in its preparation. Henry had walked in and noticed that he was nowhere near the first person to arrive. He was smiling as there were already so many new characters in his life and he hasn't even gotten the chance to introduce himself yet. But he realized before he was going to make introductions he would probably need to be a guild member first. For that he would have to not get distracted and actually find himself the sign-in sheet/application form. After looking around like a chicken with its head cut off he managed to actually find one and fill it out rather quickly. After that he looked around kind of nervously!

Now where do we turn these in at?

The festival was in full swing, celebrating the unexpected and magical rebirth of a legendary guild. However, one man who had himself endured an unexpected resurrection was not enjoying the party.

Solomon glowered at the minotaur and his antics from a window of a comfortable inn. The whole thing smelled fishy to him. The minotaur had paid for drinks for everyone... except there was several hundred people crowding round trying to take advantage of that fact. It didn't matter if the minotaur's pouch was full of the finest enchanted gold east of the High Forests, the pouch was too small to pay for everyone, especially the less scruplous who were using the minotaur's 'generosity' to purchase the most expensive drinks, on his tab. 

"Good morning, sir!" a cheerful voice rang out, making Solomon turn round to see the maid who cleaned his rooms enter. His stance, subconsciously tightened relaxed, and he nodded toward the maid.

"Aye, it is, madam," he replied, courteously, "people seem to be enjoying the festivities."

"Aren't they just? I've never seen the city so busy! And so many exotic visitors! I've even heard that there's a minotaur," the maid replied, her voice happy.

"There is," Solomon replied, "and you can see him from the window here."

"Oh, can we? Let me take a look!" the maid set down her equipment before walking over the window, brushing against Solomon in her haste. Solomon froze and took a large, unnoticed step back, at the same time cursing himself for it. "Holy-! Y-you wouldn't want to be locked up with him in a room, would ya?" the maid asked, gawping at the minotaur. "I wonder how smart he is... I mean, some people say they're just beasts, but they said the same about other races back in the day and that was disproved!"

"I dare say that they're sharp as any human, and that this specimen is sharper still." Solomon replied, frowning at the maid's excited demeanor. This was a port for hell's sake, hadn't she seen anything like this before. The maid turned to him, noticed the frown on his usually inexpressive face and frowned herself.

"What makes you say that?" she asked. Solomon gestured towards the window before answering.

"Look at what he is up to. He arrives and people run from him. He goes and buys drinks for everyone. Suddenly, they all love him, and loads pf people come to take advantage of this. However, the sheer number of people and the increasing value of their drinks they're buying on his tab means that it is very unlikely he'll be able to pay, but the merchant can't do anything without angering the crowd." Solomon's frown deepened, "it is almost enough to make a man suspect he has a history in... politics" he finished, spitting out the word like a death threat. The maid tilted her head at his words.

"What is wrong with politics?" the maid asked. It was the most she'd heard the strange man speak since he'd arrived, smelling of fish, loaded with money and wearing strange clothes and armor. Clothes and armor he hadn't removed in his entire stay... Not to mention his bed hadn't been slept in. If she hadn't known better, she'd have said he spent every day standing where she found him every day when she went to clean this floor of the inn.

"Tch... It doesn't matter. It is in the past." A few centuries, as far as I reckon...

"Hum, well I better be going. Mistress Hepp is letting me have the day off. I've heard all sorts have arrived, people made of slime, dragon mages, insectoids and even an elf!" Solomon's frown lessened as she spoke.

An elf, huh. The elves lived near my homeland... and live for centuries...

With this new lead, Solomon turned to leave. "Sir? You going to sign up?" the maid enquired, but was ignored. She watched as Solomon grabbed the gleaming spear and scarred shield that gave her an ominous feeling to look at and march out. The maid sighed, oh, well, hopefully he remembers to pay...

Solomon looked round the area in front of the inn. He had tossed the gold he had stolen from the pirates on the way here at the landlady, and judging by her lack of pursuit, it had covered the cost. He frowned, remembering how he had stolen the gold. 
He had needed a lift to this port, but was, for the first time in his life, lacking in funds. Desperate, he stowed away on a small ship, which turned out to be a pirate vessel. After subduing them, he'd given them a new destination, a lecture on respecting their betters and taken their gold in the name of House de Yones. Not exactly a glorious tale, even barring the part where he had to hide under a pile of smelly fish nets, but a satisfactory one. Well, satisfactory for common folk, but rather... lacking for a noble.
So caught up in his musings on the nature of heroism, he didn't the lizard girl and blue haired girl who he was currently on a collision course with. Which was quite something, considering that one was naked.

Kasayee plucked a juicy looking apple from the pile, and was about to take a large bite out of it when...

"Dressing like that, you never had any problems with perverts or something similar? Like, I know you handled that old man earlier well, but that's just a drunken geezer.

She couldn't help but laugh. This girl was obsessed with the idea, it was charming in its own way. "There are many who seem to want to take advantage of it. But I have my own ways of avoiding trouble. I could show you sometime, I guess."

Though, that topic aside...uh, damn! I forgot to introduce myself! Dang...sorry to be rude like that. Name's Angela, an aspiring hunter for both treasure and love. I don't think I've seen anyone like you before, so mind telling me where did you come from?

It must be quite the fun place..."

Fun? Hmm, was it a fun place? Perhaps, to some. Though it certainly was dangerous as well. She wondered if she should say, her people had been undisturbed for many years...Well it wouldn't hurt to be vague.

"Introductions, another tradition I never really understood. I'm Kasayee, just Kasayee, not some adventurer or anything. Though I guess I am on an adventure...anyway, where I come from. Not many people have visited, it's an island, far from here. It's...peaceful, except when it's not. I guess really it's not peaceful at all. Though I've never had any problems. I wonder why that is..."

Her musings were interrupted as a...man? Someone bumped into them. Kasayee turned to him, expecting another like the man from before.
Very much not.

Standing before her was...an undead. Kasayee naturally tensed up, remembering the necromancy the race that was her own's natural enemy employed. But the man, despite his appearance, didn't seem hostile. "You are...unnatural." She said flatly. "Why were you brought into existence?" Kasayee was strangely serious, her Druidic teachings coming to the forefront. She had no problem with this creature but whoever made him must have done something terrible. The spirits were talking to her all at once, telling her that it was her duty to stop whatever it was.

Kasayee shook her head. No, she wasn't going to get involved, she didn't want to waste her life away like that. "Nevermind." She smiled at the man and grabbed a second apple. "Want one?"

Tegur led Jeezes away, in a serious conversation about not stepping on people "I know it's hard, these little people are so...little, but ye gotta do better than that old friend...Oh I know I know, I'm not mad at you." He heard a shout, as a young boy called out to his companion “Mena! Hey, Mena, is that you?”

The boy seemed small, and nervous, standing in the line where the guild applicants were. Hmm. Tegur frowned. A boy like that, clearly full of youth and innocence, doing something as dangerous as guild work? He shared a look at Jeeves, and the horse looked back knowingly. "Aye, aye, I agree." The Minotaur stumbled his way towards the boy, and placed a hand on his shoulder. Loudly he spoke. "Hello there boy, I've got an idea, why don't you and I be friends? M'name's Tegur!"

“Hello there.”

Gush could hear a lot of common greetings being passed around throughout the festival, but this one stood out as it had sounded like it was aimed at her. She looked around frantically though with more curiosity than panic despite feeling both, finding eye contact with a man standing over her with a friendly look on his face.

"O-Oh? H-hi..." she began to speak, but her voice was faint and hardly noticeable.

"I’m going to go eat with that lady over there. I noticed you handed in an application. She did too, and so did I - it might be good to get to know each other if we end up making it through.” the man said as he set for a table where another woman sat as if she were saving him a seat. Gush's body showed a hint of pink as if her entire body was blushing and began to shake some more, but she had to get out of her shell eventually. He was right, it was best to get to know her party if she were to be picked. With a deep breath, she exhaled herself up from the seat and began to take small steps towards the table, looking around with her hands still hugging her cloak tight against her shoulders. She felt like an assassin approaching them this way, but as she walked up next to the man who greeted her, she began to feel relieved, however the woman across from him brought back a wave of anxiety.

"Um... hi," she shyly muttered forcefully in order for them to hear her this time. She kept her hood up, but revealed enough of her face to modestly hint at her inhuman features, which made her feel uneasy albeit it was inevitable to hide it, "...you never told me your name. I'm Samantha... S-Samantha Green," she hardly made a habit of looking at everyone's face when introducing herself, but she turned to the other person, "I-I guess I might as well get to know everyone in case we get picked."

What a line. It was so long. Fortunately for Lily, all those currently in front of her were men. None were too attractive, mostly just average. But, she could be convincing when she wanted to. She pushed up her chest, placed some loose strands of hair behind her ears, and pointed her knees together, before overlapping her hands on her heart. She then spoke with an exasperated tone.

"Oh my! This line is soooo long~." She vocally huffed, immediately drawing the attention of the men ahead of her.

One by one, each of them offered her their spot. At first, she played it off, but after the insisted, she gladly took up the offer to advance. Once she had gotten to the front, she filled out the application, before turning it in, and giving a wink into the crowd of men now fawning over her. Each of them probably thought it was for them. In fact, the arguing became quite vociferous, even a few of them threatening to come to blows. As she walked away from the crowd over there, she couldn't help but to smile, pleased with the results she had gotten.

Lily was beginning to grow bored now. She came for what she had to and had gotten it done quickly. She pondered her options. She could go back to the Hospital, but she didn't really want to. She could eat more, but she wasn't particularly hungry. She could talk to people, but none caught her interest. Until she had a great idea. What if she set up her own vending place, and met new people! She set her plan into motion immediately. One of the vendors that had a dumb Ring Toss game. No one was interested in it, but it was perfect. She approached the man, leaned over, and struck up a conversation.

"Hey hot stuff. Business a bit slow today? Well, how about this. Maybe I can run this stand for a bit while you run out and get a bite to eat, relax, maybe have something to drink?~ By the way, I'm a nurse, so when ya get back maybe I can give you a little mouth to mouth~" She said in a charming voice, throwing in a wink at the end. In truth, she was probably going to stick around long enough to fulfill that last promise, but the young man didn't know that.

In a heartbeat, he ran over the rules of the game, then ditched. The second he left, she took out some Nail Paint. She used the last of her glittering pink to cross out "Ring Toss" and wrote below it "Kissing Booth." after applying some of her Cherry Red lipstick she pulled up the chair and sat on it, crossing her right leg over her left leg.

"We are now open~" She said, loud enough to catch the ears of a few people passing by. She held a jar that said "0.50 cents" out, and waited for the lines to start forming.

It wasn't long for Kin to finally turned his application in...but regardless of that, currently this was seeming all too boring for him. Sure it was a festival of sorts, but Kin wasn't exactly having too much of a good time right now. He reached into his pouch and tossed another gold coin into his mouth, the sounds of him crunching into it was easily heard.

"Jeez...wasn't expecting THIS many people to even be here." Kin grumbled. He threw his arms behind his head, walking slightly past the various booths that the vendors had.

These things were a bit different than he had ever seen, due to him just remaining in a cave with Tosz for a good long while. Nevertheless, Kin was still taking in the beautiful scenery as much as he possibly could. Still, a sigh could be heard from the Dragon Slayer as he was beginning to get restless. The smells of the various people surrounding him were very unique to each and every one of them. He could easily tell that some of these wizards were pretty strong...

Heh...they may be strong...but their nothing compared to me. Kin thought, full of confidence and maybe a bit of pride.

So far this whole festival seemed pretty boring to him. That was, until Kin noticed something out the corner of his eye. A grin began to form across his face as he turned towards what was obviously an outside arena. "Oh hell yes!" he said, flicking his thumb across his nose, before making his way to the arena. He seemed to be the only one there...but that was for the moment. He took a deep breath, as he slung his backpack off from his back.

BGM

"AAAAAAALLLLLLLRIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!!" Kin shouted, knowing he got pretty much everyone's attention now. If they saw him, they'd see that the young Dragon Slayer was already stretching. "Haven't had a good brawl in a while. So...which one of y'all is first? C'mon...no need to be shy about it. I won't kick your tails hard!" he boasted with a huge grin on his face.

ErxlloC.jpg?1V0anCJY.pngA4uywC9.jpg?1

Leo and Myth had both reached the application desk, after waiting for what seemed to be a couple of days.  The two filled in the appropriate details required on the form, and turned them in with smiles and shining eyes.  The two gave each other a thumbs up, and decided to hang out with each other for the duration of the festivities.  The two seemed to get along, and Leo liked the simple nature of this human.  He was much more approachable than half the other hopefuls at the time.  

After Myth's stomach had growled again, Leo buzzed with laughter.  

"My my!  Somebody forgot to eat a balanced breakfast this morning!  Let us go grab a bite shall we?"  Myth gladly accepted the offer, and the two located the barbecue building that Myth had his eye on the whole time.  He ordered a Rex-Size Steak, and Leo humbly payed, not getting anything for himself.  When Leo noticed him looking at Myth with concerned eyes, he put his nerves at ease.  "No worries friend Myth, I have some money saved up from my Queen!  I'm glad I could use it for this occasion!  If you think I'm hungry though," Leo pulled out the Gardenia he was given earlier and delicately placed a thin straw in it, "This is all I'm having this afternoon."  

Myth smiled.  What a fascinating being he had beefriended.  

With full stomachs, the two fumbled back outside.  There was a crowd gathered around an arena of sorts, and some hooligan was shouting in the middle of it. 

"AAAAAAALLLLLLLRIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!!  Haven't had a good brawl in a while. So...which one of y'all is first? C'mon...no need to be shy about it. I won't kick your tails hard!"

Now someone was speaking his language.  Myth cracked his knuckles and started shifting his way through the crowd, Leo nervously walking behind him.  He met the man's gaze as he stepped inside the ring.  This kid was definitely strong...but stronger than him?  He'd have to see for himself.  From the sidelines, Leo cheered him on.  

"Go get him Myth!  I'll bee right beehind you!"  Myth flashed the insectoid a thumbs up, before rolling his shoulders and smirking at the blonde.  He opened his arms, and a powerful gust of air bursted from his body.

"Come..."  

kip9Xwj.png?3

As Mena continued to stand in line, she seemed to start tapping her foot impatiently. The line was already slow as it was, but something upfront seemed to make it even more disorganized and slow. Fidgeting a bit, as she was patiently waiting, the girl was definitely becoming restless. In a small flash of light, she seemed to pull a small mallet out of lord knows where, twirling it about as if to preoccupy her time with something. As she continued to do this, she heard a slightly unfamiliar voice call out her name. She wasn't sure who could have possibly recognized her here, especially with this kind of crowd, but as her curiosity compelled her to, she turned her head in the direction of the voice. As soon as she saw a face that found far too familiar, she almost immediately snapped her head back, away from it.

There was no way he was here. The hair was similar, the rather goofy face of his was pretty similar as well, but there was no way it was him. He was way shorter then she remembered and the voice that called out to her was way deeper than his ever was. Besides, there was no way he was here. He should have been off somewhere doing....something. She wasn't actually ever sure what he was supposedly doing, just that it probably wasn't supposed to be here. Turning around to make sure that it was who she thought it was, she turned back to face him again, only this time she froze at the sight of who was next to him. The big bull man from before was just standing there, towering over everything around him and giving off an intimating aura. Of course, because she stopped, he most obviously knew he saw her now and so with a nervous smile on her face, gave a small wave back to him.

Thankfully the line started to pick up again, and this allowed her to high tail it out of that situation. As she continued to progress through the line, she eventually made it to the application table, and got her own form, before leaving the area to go sit down on a bench. Letting out a sigh, she was starting to regret this decision more. Having to share another career and possibly living space with him, Masaru, again was not going to be enjoyable. But, as she had already filed out her application, and had no real home to return to, she was far beyond the point of no return and would just have to deal with it for the foreseeable future. 

Archived