Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This may be circumstantial' date=' but what would happen if Both Players drew All pieces of Exodia during the 5 Card Begining Draw? Would it because a Draw?

[/quote']

It's a draw.

It's also a draw if they both draw all five pieces of Exodia simultaneously from something like a Morphing Jar effect.

When I use Substitoads effect with Poision Draw Frog' date=' Poision Draw Frog misses the timing to draw a card, right?

Please explain how if I'm correct.

[/quote']

He misses the timing by definition of missing the timing. His effect is Optional Trigger, and him being sent to the graveyard is not the last event in the chain - another Frog is Special Summoned first.

Okay, so i was browsing and found this weird ruling about graverobber.

[Re: Avatar of The Pot] If you have your opponent's "Pot of Greed" in your hand because of "Exchange" or "Graverobber", you CAN send your opponent's "Pot of Greed" to the Graveyard to activate your "Avatar of the Pot"'s effect. But if you did this with "Graverobber", you take 2000 points of damage to do so.

((Provided by NetRep.net))

Graverobbers effect is...

Select 1 Spell Card from your opponent's Graveyard. You can use it as your hand until the end of the turn. If you use it, you take 2000 points of damage.

I only brought this up because of one of the new rulings about prohibition and the word "used."

Now as you know a card under prohibition can not be used, But it can be used to pay a cost. This is Avatar of the Pot's effect.

By sending 1 "Pot of Greed" from your hand to the Graveyard, draw 3 cards from your Deck.

Its also ruled as a cost. So why would you take 2000 LP if it wasn't "Used"

If there is a face up Macro Cosmos on the field, and I activate Future Fusion, would my Fusion still come to the field 2 turns later, even if they are removed from play? I would think not because they must be sent to the Graveyard, not removed from play.

Just a verification.

Okay' date=' so i was browsing and found this weird ruling about graverobber.

[Re: Avatar of The Pot'] If you have your opponent's "Pot of Greed" in your hand because of "Exchange" or "Graverobber", you CAN send your opponent's "Pot of Greed" to the Graveyard to activate your "Avatar of the Pot"'s effect. But if you did this with "Graverobber", you take 2000 points of damage to do so.

((Provided by NetRep.net))

Graverobbers effect is...

Select 1 Spell Card from your opponent's Graveyard. You can use it as your hand until the end of the turn. If you use it, you take 2000 points of damage.

I only brought this up because of one of the new rulings about prohibition and the word "used."

Now as you know a card under prohibition can not be used, But it can be used to pay a cost. This is Avatar of the Pot's effect.

By sending 1 "Pot of Greed" from your hand to the Graveyard, draw 3 cards from your Deck.

Its also ruled as a cost. So why would you take 2000 LP if it wasn't "Used"

That ruling was presumably made before we got actual rulings for Prohibition. Just another piece of BKSS.

If there is a face up Macro Cosmos on the field' date=' and I activate Future Fusion, would my Fusion still come to the field 2 turns later, even if they are removed from play? I would think not because they must be sent to the Graveyard, not removed from play.

Just a verification.

[/quote']

Future Fusion still works fine. The Fusion Material Monsters just get removed from play, but that doesn't interfere with Future Fusion's effect. The same is true of Advanced Ritual Art.

This probably works the same way with Future Fusion, but if there was a face up Macro Cosmoms/Dimensional Fissure on the field, and my opponent attacks a Sangan, or a UFO turtle, or somthing, do I still get my card or do I not get my card because it was removed from play instead of sending it to the graveyard?

I will check on this, However, I ran a Self Destruct Deck during regional, and it was the first to win 2. I lost the first round, and drew constantly until END of game procedures where i won 2 straight. I don't think that is true, but i will confirm.

EDIT: Okay i was right. You have to win 2.

you can only win a match by winning 2 games out of the match (well except for situations involving a time limit' date=' but this isnt a problem for you).[/quote'] The time limit refers to end of game procedure.

Irrelevent Question, I need this clarified because the people at my locals are idiots.

You cannot chain a self-destruct button when your life points reach zero, correct?

Example:

Player A: Ookazi (Random Card), You lose. You're at 0 Life Points.

Player B: No, I activate Self Destrcut Button. We both lose.

I was running a Horus Lock against an illegal or rather Trad player. Summoned Jinzo, and he says he can chain with Torrential Tribute. I argue that, Jinzo's summon cannot be chained except by Solemn Judgement. How should I judge this?

~Xemnas

I was running a Horus Lock against an illegal or rather Trad player. Summoned Jinzo' date=' and he says he can chain with Torrential Tribute. I argue that, Jinzo's summon cannot be chained except by Solemn Judgement. How should I judge this?

~Xemnas

[/quote']

Some cards, like Solemn Judgment or Forced Back, actually negate the Summon, so Jinzo never hits the field and thus cannot use his Continuous Effect. Other cards, like Bottomless Trap Hole or Torrential Tribute, are activated in response to the summon after the monster has already hit the field.

Jinzo is Torrential-proof.

1 - Is a face-down monster flipped face-up when attacked by Ehren or is it sent to the hand without being flipped?

2 - Can Lumina Special Summon a Lightsworn monster that is discarded to pay for her own effect?

3 - When I call Fiend Comedian's toin coss wrong, do I choose which cards in my Deck I send to the Graveyard?

Archived