Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I play Interdimensional Matter Transporter on my Destiny Hero - Plasma' date=' does it return to the field during the End Phase.

Because I'm still confused that Interdimensional Matter Transporter actually Special Summons Plasma or just "returns" Plasma to the field.

[/quote']

It simply returns it to the field and there'll be no problem for Plasma.

And the equipped card will be sent to the Graveyard because it has no legal target. Plasma won't regain his atk bonus.

If I play Interdimensional Matter Transporter on my Destiny Hero - Plasma' date=' does it return to the field during the End Phase.

Because I'm still confused that Interdimensional Matter Transporter actually Special Summons Plasma or just "returns" Plasma to the field.

[/quote']

It simply returns it to the field and there'll be no problem for Plasma.

Thank you

And the equipped card will be sent to the Graveyard because it has no legal target. Plasma won't regain his atk bonus.

Obvious >_>

I haz a TCG ruling question (*shock* can it be? yes it is :P). I was PM'd today by a member who had a question about one of the DS Yu-Gi-Oh! games and a ruling from it. He said that he had a face-up Skill Drain on his field, and yet his opponent was still able to swap the Gladiator Beast monsters in his GB deck with no problem, though their gained effects did get negated. He was wondering if this was an actual ruling or a glitch in the game. I didn't really know what to tell him so I'm wondering the same thing.

I checked the wiki for Skill Drain rulings, and the only one I found that could explain this was the section about trigger effects. It said that trigger effects still activate but are negated while the monster remains on the field, and that for monsters that remove themselves from the field for their effects (such as tributing Cannon Soldier for his own effect, or the effect of Exiled Force) don't get negated cuz the monster isn't on the field anymore (which makes sense).

So, my question is, is the swapping effect of GB monsters a trigger effect and that's why it doesn't get negated by Skill Drain, or is it an error in the game?

So' date=' my question is, is the swapping effect of GB monsters a trigger effect and that's why it doesn't get negated by Skill Drain, or is it an error in the game?

[/quote']

Yes, no and no.

Yes, the swapping is an optional trigger effect.

No, that's not why it doesn't get negated by Skill Drain.

No, it's not an error in the game.

Skill Drain doesn't prevent cards from activating.

Instead, it waits for the card to activate and when it does, it check if the card is face-up on the field or not.

Since returning a GB to the deck is a cost for it to Special Summon another one from the deck, it's not on the field after it activated, so it's not face-up after it activated, so it's not negated by Skill Drain.

I'm happy to answer your first and maybe only Ruling question ^^

Skill Drain doesn't prevent cards from activation.

Instead' date=' it waits for the card to activate and if it does, it check if the card is face-up on the field or not.

Since returning a GB to the deck is a cost for it to Special Summon another one from the deck, it's not on the field after it activated, so it's not face-up after it activated, so it's not negated by Skill Drain.

I'm happy to answer your first and maybe only Ruling question ^^

[/quote']

Ah! That makes sense! I forgot that returning it to the deck was the cost and not part of the effect. Thanks for clearing that up for me ^_^

When a monster's ATK or DEF are changed by its own effect, like "Slate Warrior" or "Berserk Dragon", and "Skill Drain" is activated, that monster's effect is negated and the ATK/DEF are returned to normal. Even if "Skill Drain" is then destroyed, the old adjustment to ATK/DEF does not come back. Any bonuses or penalties are lost when "Skill Drain" effect is applied, and you have to start over from the beginning.

When a monster's ATK or DEF are changed by its own effect' date=' like "Slate Warrior" or "Berserk Dragon", and "Skill Drain" is activated, that monster's effect is negated and the ATK/DEF are returned to normal. Even if "Skill Drain" is then destroyed, the old adjustment to ATK/DEF does not come back. Any bonuses or penalties are lost when "Skill Drain" effect is applied, and you have to start over from the beginning.

[/quote']

Does the last sentence still apply when the bolded part is changed to "any monster's"?

I've noticed the line up of the Zombie Structure which is to be released soon. I understand using DDC is kind of stupid' date=' but if a player activates Allure of Darkness, or in this case, DDC, while Imperial Iron Wall is face-up on the field, does Allure's (or DDC's) effect resolve?

[/quote']

Allure has already been answered here, so I will link to the answer here that will in turn link to the answer on UDE.

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/thread-53747-post-1162827.html#pid1162827

The OCG Ruling for DDC:

http://yugioh.faq.konami.jp/EokpControl?&lang=en&tid=44232&event=FE0006

In other words:

If "Imperial Iron Wall" is active, then "Different Dimension Capsule" cannot be activated. If "Imperial Iron Wall" is chained to "Different Dimension Capsule", then no card is removed from play and "Different Dimension Capsule" is sent to the Graveyard.

If you activate Allure, and some one chains Iron wall, no cards will be removed, HOWEVER, if you do have a Dark monster you must show that monster to your opponent, other wise, you drop your hand. Also, if Iron wall is already face up, you can not activate Allure. Please, to further help you, what does DDC mean?

When a monster's ATK or DEF are changed by its own effect' date=' like "Slate Warrior" or "Berserk Dragon", and "Skill Drain" is activated, that monster's effect is negated and the ATK/DEF are returned to normal. Even if "Skill Drain" is then destroyed, the old adjustment to ATK/DEF does not come back. Any bonuses or penalties are lost when "Skill Drain" effect is applied, and you have to start over from the beginning.

[/quote']

Does the last sentence still apply when the bolded part is changed to "any monster's"?

I would say yes

[/quote']

I would say yes

I would have to add it depends on the scenario. For example, Dark Jeroid. Lets say it effects a monster, dropping its atk. Lets also say Dark Jeroid is still face up on the field. I will verify shortly, but it seams to me that its effect is continuous. However, If Dark Jeroid is no longer face up, I don't believe the ATK of that monster returns to normal.

[spoiler=Dark Jeroid effect]

When this card is Normal Summoned, Flip Summoned, or Special Summoned successfully, select 1 face-up monster on the field. As long as the monster remains face-up on the field, decrease its ATK by 800 points.

If you activate Allure' date=' and some one chains Iron wall, no cards will be removed, HOWEVER, if you do have a Dark monster you must show that monster to your opponent, other wise, you drop your hand. Also, if Iron wall is already face up, you can not activate Allure. Please, to further help you, [b']what does DDC mean[/b]?

Different Dimension Capsule.

Also, thank you for your quick and efficient responses. :D

Sakuretsu and Synchros:

1 - If Stardust attacks and my opponent activates Saku, can I chain the attacking Stardust's effect and send it to the Graveyard so it won't be destroyed?

2 - Same situation with Thought Ruler: can I pay 1000 LPs with the attacking Ruler's effect to negate Saku? If so, can that same Thought Ruler resume the attack afterwards?

Archived