Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about this:

When you use Dark Calling it says it is treated as Dark Fusion.Does Dark Calling have the invincible for one turn effect like dark fusion.

The monsters that can be fused with Dark Fusion don't have an effect that makes them invincible when summoned by Dark Fusion, but this 'invincibility' is just an additional effect that Dark Fusion has and Dark Calling does not have.

In other words: No.

This is probably stupid and noobish' date=' but I'm just checking.

Me: Plasma Attacks

Opponent: Negate Attack

So, could I activate Misfortune during my Main Phase 2?

[/quote']

# [Re: Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning] If "Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning" attacks' date=' and its attack is negated by "Magic Cylinder" or "Negate Attack", you cannot activate his first effect during Main Phase 2.[/quote']

I think the same can be said for Misfortune, but I haven't found a ruling for the specific case of it.

If I have all 5 pieces of EXODIA in my hand and I don't declare it immediately' date=' but instead wait a while and declare it then, would that be considered cheating?

If not, when exactly can I declare EXODIA and when not?

[/quote']

Exodia's effect is Continuous, so I believe you are required to activate its effect immediately (well, as soon as is legal; you'll need to wait for the current Chain Link to end, so no shenanigans with Dark World Dealings where you're supposed to discard a card and all you have are the five pieces). Also, failure to declare victory would certainly be considered a deliberate delay of game, which is probably against tournament policy.

If I have all 5 pieces of EXODIA in my hand and I don't declare it immediately' date=' but instead wait a while and declare it then, would that be considered cheating?

If not, when exactly can I declare EXODIA and when not?

[/quote']

Exodia's effect is Continuous, so I believe you are required to activate its effect immediately (well, as soon as is legal; you'll need to wait for the current Chain Link to end, so no shenanigans with Dark World Dealings where you're supposed to discard a card and all you have are the five pieces). Also, failure to declare victory would certainly be considered a deliberate delay of game, which is probably against tournament policy.

Ah, that's new to me.

Thanks, cookie for choo.

Ok had some difficulties with Reborning a Elemental Hero fusion.

If Fusion Summoned succesfully and He is sent to grave can I Reborn him/her with Persay MR' date='Ocean,or Hero City.

[/quote']

Elemental Hero Fusions tend to have a clause saying "This card cannot be Special Summoned except by Fusion Summon". This makes them Nomi, which means that you cannot use an effect like Monster Reborn or Skyscraper 2 - Hero City to Special Summon them even if they have previously been Special Summoned by the proper method. However, Elemental Hero Ocean's effect returns cards to the hand instead of Special Summoning them, which means that it can be used on Elemental Hero Fusions. However, since Elemental Hero Fusions are Fusion Monsters, they are returned to the Extra Deck instead of being sent to your hand.

If you have Heart of the Underdog of on the field' date=' your hand is only the head of exodia, you only have normies in your deck including all of Exodia, do you win in your draw phase because of Exodia, or lose because you can't draw?

[/quote']

You win. Especially since Heart of the Underdog's effect is optional.

If you have Heart of the Underdog of on the field' date=' your hand is only the head of exodia, you only have normies in your deck including all of Exodia, do you win in your draw phase because of Exodia, or lose because you can't draw?

[/quote']

You win. Especially since Heart of the Underdog's effect is optional.

Ok, thanks.

Is there any way I could build a workable deck of 90% traps and magics' date=' with less than 10 or so monsters, that would be competitive, and have a side deck of monsters in case I need it, or has this already been tried and failed at? If it is workable, could you give me a central idea to build it around?

[/quote']

Your best bet would probably be Jar OTK.

Is there any way I could build a workable deck of 90% traps and magics' date=' with less than 10 or so monsters, that would be competitive, and have a side deck of monsters in case I need it, or has this already been tried and failed at? If it is workable, could you give me a central idea to build it around?

[/quote']

Gah, so many cards I'll have to hunt down.

I'm assuming you mean this deck: http://yugioh.tcgplayer.com/db/deck.asp?deck_id=50367

However, what do I use in place of Cyber Jar?

[/quote']

I'm assuming you mean this deck: http://yugioh.tcgplayer.com/db/deck.asp?deck_id=50367

That deck isn't legal in Advanced Format, so no.

What I was actually referring to was the deck based around combining All-Out Attacks with Morphing Jar #2.

[/quote']

That deck isn't legal in Advanced Format, so no.

What I was actually referring to was the deck based around combining All-Out Attacks with Morphing Jar #2.

Ahh, Morphing Jar #2, not Cyber Jar.

And if you look, I edited my post, noting its Forbidden status.

Hrmmm, one more simple question, and I apologize for the double post. My brother just got home, and he picked me up a Gold Series pack. In it was a Crush Card Virus. Should I sell it to buy more packs, or use it in a deck?

Are Gaia Knight, the Force of the Earth, The Masked Beast and Bickuribox considered Normal Monsters, or are they only Synchro, Ritual and Fusion?

In other words, do vanilla support work on them and are they affected by cards that don't affect Effect Monsters?

Example 1: Can I send The Masked Beast to the Graveyard to activate Symbols of Duty?

Example 2: Can I activate Backup Soldier to return Bickuribox to my Extra Deck?

Danke shön.

I do remeber there bing something about this in the UDE Forums, and it was said that they are Normal (Whatever being ritual, or fusion) But not being normal monsters. EX: They wouldn't switch to defense position by the effect of Curse of Anubis.

I will get the official info in just a sec; provided nobody beats me to it.

EDIT:

People often have confussion with the difference between Normal Monsters and non-effect monsters.

For the purposes of Non-Spellcasting Area non-effect monsters are protected as long as Non-Spellcasting Area is active on the field' date=' your Black Skull Dragon is such a monster, however, Black Skull Dragon is not a normal monster and therefore unable to be considered for use with Justi-Break

All normal monsters are non-effect monsters, not all non-effect monsters are normal monsters.[/quote']

Archived