Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you.

Another question:

I control a face-up Stardust and a face-up Red Dragon Archfiend. Archfiend attacks a face-down Ryko, whcih targets Stardust for destruction, and I send Stardust to the Graveyard to negate its effect. What happens during the End Phase? Stardust returns by its effect, but it did not attack, so does it get destroyed again by Archfiend's effect? Or does Archfiend's effect activate first, while I control no other monsters, and Stardust returns and remains untouched? It's a timing question, basically.

Controller has priority to choose how its effect goes off. If you control both, you can choose which effect to activate in what order. RDA's effect only happens once, so you can choose Stardust as chain link 1, and RDA as chain link 2. RDA will activate, than Stardust will special summon. Makes Sence? I will verify (like always) but this is how it should work.

^Not yet. At least not until it has been released in stores. :( I wish we could.

I happened to be lucky enough at the Sneak Preview to get a Queen of Thorns in one of my packs. Since the set is mostly plants, my 20-card deck won every game. The Queen is LV 6, so 6 stars are needed to summon it. Three common tuner plants happened to also be in those packs. It's Copy Plant, which can make its level equal to another plant on the field. I also got a bunch of LV 3 plants, including an Ultimate Rare Seed of Flames. On my first turn, I would summon a LV 3 plant. On my second turn, I would summon Copy Plant, make its level 3, and right there is Queen of Thorns on my second turn.

If I have a monster on my field and so does my opponent' date=' and I summon giant rat and activate creature swap, trading giant rat for my oppenent's monster and then destroy the giant rat, do I still get to Special Summon because I summoned it?

[/quote']

The effect of Giant Rat activates in the Graveyard, so you are the one who benefits from its effect, not the opponent.

Note that what matters is to whose Graveyard it is sent, not by whom it was Summoned. So if, for example, you use Monster Reborn to Special Summon a Giant Rat from your opponent's Graveyard, when that card is destroyed as a result of battle it will be the opponent who is able to activate its effect, even though it was you that Summoned it.

New topic: EH Divine Neos Rulings

Here is EH Divine Neos' effect:

[spoiler=Effect]

This card cannot be Special Summoned except by a Fusion Summon of any 5 "Neos", "Neo-Spacian", "Elemental Hero", "Destiny Hero" or "Evil Hero" monsters including at least 1 "Neos" monster, 1 "Neo-Spacian" monster and 1 "Hero" monster. Once per turn, you can remove from play 1 "Neos", "Neo-Spacian", "Elemental Hero", "Destiny Hero" or "Evil Hero" monster from your Graveyard to have this card gain 500 ATK. It also gains th removed monster's effect until the End Phase.

In the past, I argued about the summoning condition, and I'll admit I was wrong, but there's another thing about this card's ruling. Here is the Yugioh.wikia ruling:

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Elemental_Hero_Divine_Neos

NOTE: This is a OCG ruling, so the card's rulings MAY be different for TCG.

Now, as much as I know about Divine Neos' effect is that when it says, "Neos" as a Fusion Material, it doesn't only stand for "Elemental Hero Neos". In fact, it stands for any monster that has the word, "Neos" in its name (whether it's a Hero or not). That's why Neo Space Pathfinder is allowed to be used as "Neos" Material, bc it's (original Japanese) name has "Neos" in it. Now, here is the real question...

Can EH Neos Alius be used as 2 Fusion Materials (Neos and EH)?

Before replying, let me explain why I think he should be allowed to be both materials.

1) It's not "EH Neos", (when double summoned), but it still has "Neos" in its name, so he can be used as both a "Neos" and "Elemental Hero" material.

2) Because the card is not really a EH Neos, the ruling for "EH Neos" doesn't apply to Alius, unless Double Summoned.

If you are a judge, please let me know immediately. If can't tell me right now, please PM me when you get the chance.

Elemental Hero Neos Alius can be used to count either an E-Hero or as a Neos monster, since it has both Elemental Hero and Neos in its name. However, it cannot be used for both simultaneously - you can't fuse Divine Neos with Neos Alius plus four Neo-Spacians. The ruling for Elemental Hero Neos applies to Neos because the cards work in exactly the same way - the game mechanics do not change between these two cards, and there is no logical reason whatsoever for one card to behave one way and for the other to behave differently.

You. Cannot. Summon. Divine. Neos. With. Less. Than. Five. Fusion. Material. Monsters. By. Any. Means.

We've been over this several times. Even if Neos Alius could count as both an Elemental Hero monster and a Neos monster simultaneously, you would still need a grand total of five monsters.

So what your saying is' date=' I can do this:

Elemental Hero Neos

King of the Swamp/Hex-Sealed (subsitute for a Neo-Spacian)

and 3 more Heroes

[/quote'] No. But you could do.

Neos

Neo-Spacian

Hero

Hex/Swamp + 1 N/NS/Hero

You keep trying to get around using 1 of each, but you just cant. Summoning requirements are just that, requirements.

Does Dark Armed Dragon have to be special summoned by it's 3 dakrs in the grave effect? Someone challenged me on this.

Are you asking "if Dark armed is in your hand and u meet the requirement, do you have to (basically forced) to summon it?" If thats what your asking, than No. Its not a living card like Doom Caliber Knight.

So what your saying is' date=' I can do this:

Elemental Hero Neos

King of the Swamp/Hex-Sealed (subsitute for a Neo-Spacian)

and 3 more Heroes

[/quote'] No. But you could do.

Neos

Neo-Spacian

Hero

Hex/Swamp + 1 N/NS/Hero

You keep trying to get around using 1 of each, but you just cant. Summoning requirements are just that, requirements.

That's what I said. King/Hex can only take 1 sub. and the rest must be the requirements.

Example:

1 Elemental Hero Neos (as Neos Material)

1 King of the Swamp (subs as a Neo-Spacian)

1 Elemental Hero Neos Alius (as a Hero Material)

1 Elemental Hero Prisma (as a Hero Material)

1 Elemental Hero Woodsman (as a Hero Material)

= 5 Materials for Divine Neos

The rulings for the use of Fusion Substitute Monsters to replace generic Fusion Material Monsters are inconsistent; if I remember correctly, they CAN be used for the Dragon-Type Fusion Material Monsters of F.G.D., but CANNOT be used for the Machine-Type Fusion Material Monsters of Chimeratech Overdragon. (Of course, that's not a huge problem, since they can substitute for the named Cyber Dragon, but still...)

However, I believe Genzo is correct in this matter. If Fusion Substitute Monsters can be used, they certainly cannot be used to circumvent the conditions requiring the presence of Neo-Spacians.

Archived