Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

Thanks.

A new question. I've seen more than one ruling on Zombie Master, and I'd like to know how things officially stand at this point: provided I have targets in my Graveyard when I activate Zombie Master's effect, can I Special Summon the monster I discard for its cost?

And what if there are no eligible targets before I activate its effect? Can I still use Zombie Master's effect and Special Summon the monster I discard?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If there are targets, you can special summoned the discarded (cost) monster. If there are no targets, you can not activate the effect. (Attempting to create Targets.) Its like stealing quarters from the Fountain. You see a quarter (Zombie) So you distract the guards by tossing in a coin. (Cost Monster) You realize the coin you tossed in was a $.50 cent piece, so you say "Screw the quarter." Senario B, the Fountain is bone dry, You cant distract the guard by tossing in a coin, Than trying to fish the same coin back.

New question, based on something that happened in a Duel I had a while ago.

Zombie World is on the field. Red-Eyes Zombie Dragon (2400 ATK) attacks Black Rose Dragon (2400 ATK), both are destroyed. Does REZD's effect still activate making Black Rose Dragon be Special Summoned to the other side of the field?

If Macro is on the field and a card's effect activates that destroys all other cards on the field (like Judgment Dragon or Demise' date=' King of Armageddon), does the other cards get removed from play or sent to the Graveyard while being destroyed?

[/quote']

...are you seriously asking this? >_> Read Macro.

If Macro is on the field and a card's effect activates that destroys all other cards on the field (like Judgment Dragon or Demise' date=' King of Armageddon), does the other cards get removed from play or sent to the Graveyard while being destroyed?

[/quote']

Actually, it wasn't really that bad of a question...

Anyway, Ryuusei, imagine Macro being the only card you control.

If your opponent activated Heavy, Macro would be sent to the Grave and not removed from play.

If you controlled more s/ts, you don't destroy them 1 by 1, but all at the same time that Macro would be sent to the the Grave. Therefore, the others go to the Graveyard too.

[/quote']

Actually, it wasn't really that bad of a question...

Macro isn't remaining face-up on the field. >_> Plus, it goes to the grave when destroyed, so why shouldn't everyone else?

^Interesting. Well I did find this ruling.

"Maju Garzett"'s ATK will be 0 if you Special Summon it' date=' or Tribute Summon it with a monster with "?" ATK (such as "Gradius' Option" or another "Maju Garzett"), or [b']Tribute Summon it with only 1 Tribute using "Cost Down"[/b], or equip it with "Megamorph", or if it's flipped face-down and then face-up again, or if you Tribute Summon it with Mirage Tokens, or if you remove it from play with "Dimensionhole" and it returns to the field.
But that doesn't answer the question, your not using cost down, and your attempting to summon it with DC, so lets look at its rulings.

You can Tribute Summon "The Wicked Avatar" or "The Wicked Dreadroot" by Tributing "Double Coston" and one other monster.

Ill confirm, but i think it only goes to 17. Combining 1 monster's attack, even if it does count as 2 seems like the correct line of action.

EDIT: It seems that they ruled it that you have to physically send 2 monsters, so it will have 0 ATK not 1700 like i said earlier.

This card only looks at its controller's field for Spellcasters. The effects are not applied based on your opponent's monsters.

Id have to say as long as the cards controller has a spellcaster, than the opponents (both of them) can not activate spell cards, however if the controller does not, only the controller can not activate spell cards.

This card only looks at its controller's field for Spellcasters. The effects are not applied based on your opponent's monsters.

Id have to say as long as the cards controller has a spellcaster' date=' than the opponents (both of them) can not activate spell cards, however if the controller does not, only the controller can not activate spell cards.

[/quote']

the problem is, you are the controler, not your partner which is the issue I have trouble with.

...What if Kuraz destroys Black Garden? Does Black Garden still cut its ATK in half?

Black Garden's cut in half effect is a Mandatory Trigger effect, that'll be Chain Link 2 if Kuraz is summoned, activating it's effect.

First, the atk gets cut in half, then Kuraz kills it and you draw.

Also nice deck idea.

Id have to say as long as the cards controller has a spellcaster' date=' than the opponents (both of them) can not activate spell cards, however if the controller does not, only the controller can not activate spell cards.

[/quote']

the problem is, you are the controller, not your partner which is the issue I have trouble with.

Ill confirm, but as it stands, your partner would be unaffected by your Village.

Archived