Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I use Diamond Dude's effect and let's say I top Poly. Do I still have to send Fusion-Materials to the grave? I mean, isn't it a cost to play Poly? I read Diamond Dude's rulings: "Since you are only activating the Normal Spell Card’s effect, and not the Normal Spell Card itself, you do not pay costs and you do not have to meet any activation requirements." So with Polymerization, I can just summon any fusion I want without sending the Fusion-Material?

I'm starting to wonder if The World OTK even works, because sending 2 cards to the Graveyard for The World is a cost.

So let's say I'm pulling the Samsara Lotus version and I have 2 of the Lotuses in my Graveyard and The World with his Heads Effect on the field.

I enter my end phase and this is what the chain should look like if I were to activate both Lotuses and The World:

• Chain Link 1: The World
  • Chain Link 2: Samsara Lotus
  • Chain Link 3: Samsara Lotus

When I activate the effect of a card, I need to pay it's cost before it is even put into the chain. That'd I couldn't even activate The World's effect because I only controlled 1 monster.

Is this all correct, and do I actually need the Lotuses - or any other 2 monsters - on the field before I can start the loop?

Thanks in advance.

I'm starting to wonder if The World OTK even works' date=' because sending 2 cards to the Graveyard for The World is a cost.

So let's say I'm pulling the Samsara Lotus version and I have 2 of the Lotuses in my Graveyard and The World with his Heads Effect on the field.

I enter my end phase and this is what the chain should look like if I were to activate both Lotuses and The World:

[list']

[*]Chain Link 1: The World

[*]Chain Link 2: Samsara Lotus

[*]Chain Link 3: Samsara Lotus

When I activate the effect of a card, I need to pay it's cost before it is even put into the chain. That'd I couldn't even activate The World's effect because I only controlled 1 monster.

Is this all correct, and do I actually need the Lotuses - or any other 2 monsters - on the field before I can start the loop?

Thanks in advance.

I believe you can simply use the effects of the Lotuses (Loti?), then activate The World's effect in a new chain.

I'm starting to wonder if The World OTK even works' date=' because sending 2 cards to the Graveyard for The World is a cost.

[list']

Thanks in advance.

I believe you can simply use the effects of the Lotuses (Loti?), then activate The World's effect in a new chain.

Well, neither of the cards stat the they activate 'at the end of the End Phase', like Theinen the Great Sphinx and some other cards, so I'm not sure if you can do it that way...

[list']

Thanks in advance.

Well, neither of the cards stat the they activate 'at the end of the End Phase', like Theinen the Great Sphinx and some other cards, so I'm not sure if you can do it that way...

They also don't say that they activate at the beginning of the End Phase either. In fact, The World is optional, so I would assume that, as with Treeborn Frog, you could use its effect at any time during the phase.

[list']

Thanks in advance.

They also don't say that they activate at the beginning of the End Phase either. In fact, The World is optional, so I would assume that, as with Treeborn Frog, you could use its effect at any time during the phase.

Oh, that must be it.

Also, I've just found it on UDE.

Since you have multiple effects that you can activate/resolve during the End Phase, you can choose the order in which to activate/resolve them. Keep in mind, they do not form a chain and will activate/resolve one-at-a-time.

So, you could choose to Special Summon a "Samsara Lotus", then, provided nothing was activated in response to the Special Summon, you could Special Summon another "Samsara Lotus", then, provided nothing was activated in response to the Special Summon, activate the 'World Lock' by tributing both "Samsara Lotuses".

He doesn't state exactly why it works this way, but I bet that it's because it's optional.

Thanks, anyway, Crabby.

For both?

The situation in question is that I own a Malicious Fiend, but no Malicious Edge, and I thought I could use a Hex with Dark Fusion to replace it but not with Dark Calling.

Also, even though it'd be ridiculous to do so, could I use a Hex to replace the Fiend-Type required for Dark Gaia?

Unless a fusion has the Cyber Dragon Fusion syndrome, "A Fusion Summon of this card can only be conducted with the above Fusion Material Monsters." And the fusion monsters do not have special rulings (Lyla VS Zombie Master) Than you can use substitutes.

Also Yes. You can use Hex to replace a fiend, but why would you want to? Their the easiest part of the requirement to fulfill.

Hexes cannot replace the Fiend, as it asks for a Type rather than a specific monster; they can only be used for the Rock, being Rocks themselves.

By the same token, Hexes cannot replace the Fiend in Malicious Devil or a generic Machine in Chimeratech Overdragon (but can replace Malicious Edge or Cyber Dragon, making this less important).

Archived