Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

This card cannot be Special Summoned except by a Fusion Summon

Yo dawg, we heard you like Fusion Summons, but we gave you a regular Special Summon effect instead, so you can fail while your effects fail.

...but why would you even want to? You'd need to get five acceptable monsters, including The Light, onto the field to do it that way; that's definitely not efficient.

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If skill is face-up' date=' are the effect of tokens negated?, like, can I tribute a sheep token?

I'm thinking in a triky token beatdown.

[/quote']

Tokens don't have effects. Not being able to be Tributed is a condition that they gained in the same effect that summoned them.

Since tokens are treated as normal monsters, would Non-Spellcasting Area negate the effects given to them by the Spell Card that summoned them?

If skill is face-up' date=' are the effect of tokens negated?, like, can I tribute a sheep token?

[/quote']

Tokens don't have effects. Not being able to be Tributed is a condition that they gained in the same effect that summoned them.

Since tokens are treated as normal monsters, would Non-Spellcasting Area negate the effects given to them by the Spell Card that summoned them?

It's not the tokens that have the effects, it's the spell card that prevents the action.

Skill drain is on the field. I summon Jinzo. What happens?

Skill Drain wins. Jinzo has no effect.

I summon Jinzo. My opponet chains skill drain. Same thing? Does Jinzo prevent traps from being chained to his summoning because his effect is continuous and starts as soon as he hits the field?

I summon Jinzo. My opponet chains skill drain. Same thing?

Your opponent doesn't have a chance to activate Skill Drain. It doesn't negate the Summon like Solemn Judgment would, so they can't activate it before Jinzo hits the field, and they can't activate it after he hits the field, because his effect won't let them.

I summon Jinzo. My opponet chains skill drain. Same thing? Does Jinzo prevent traps from being chained to his summoning because his effect is continuous and starts as soon as he hits the field?

YOU CANNOT CHAIN TO SUMMONS.

[/quote']

It's not the tokens that have the effects, it's the spell card that prevents the action.

I know, did you know the effect of Non-Spellcasting Area? I specifically said that they're treated as normal monsters, aka, have no effect, and was wondering if the card would negate the SPELL'S EFFECT, not their's ~.~

Crystal Abundance' date=' blow up 3 cards.

Special Summon 2 Sapphire Pegasus, and 1 Ruby Carbuncle.

Can I activate the effects in the order of Carbuncle, Pegasus, Pegasus, pull 2 CBs in my Spell/Trap zone, and then Carbuncle resolves last and summons them?

I've never been completely sure about that.

If you want to do that, you have to make Carbundle Chain Link 1 and the Pegasus' Chain Link 2 and 3. Pegasus' resolve first, and when Carbundle resolves, the monsters are there to be summoned.

[/quote']

I know, did you know the effect of Non-Spellcasting Area? I specifically said that they're treated as normal monsters, aka, have no effect, and was wondering if the card would negate the SPELL'S EFFECT, not their's ~.~

I'm not really sure. Who said they're treated as Normal Monsters anyway? I only said that they have no effects.

I'm pretty sure it's a ruling, I know I've heard it before at least. Regardless, according to the text of Non-Spellcasting Area it's "Monsters (except for effect monsters) are unafffected by Spell Cards" OWTTE and I'm at least sure they aren't effect monsters.

I'm pretty sure it's a ruling' date=' I know I've heard it before at least. Regardless, according to the text of Non-Spellcasting Area it's "Monsters (except for effect monsters) are unafffected by Spell Cards" OWTTE and I'm at least sure they aren't effect monsters.

[/quote']

True dat.

So' date=' it would negate the effects of the spell card on the token?

[/quote']

Wait a second, the effect of a Spell Card on a token it would summon, would be a Lingering Effect, and there's no way to stop THOSE effects, so no...

I have a question about Giant Germ' date=' when hes destroyed, can I just special summon 3 Blue-eyes from my deck, then next turn, unleash Blue-Eyes Ultimate?

[/quote']

lolno.

Giant Germ effect: When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, inflict 500 damage to your opponent. You can also Special Summon up to 2 "Giant Germs" from your Deck in face-up Attack Position.

Source: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Giant_Germ

People keep arguing if Horus Lv8 can be Special Summoned with Level Modulation.

Can it work?

An “LV” monster that normally cannot be Special Summoned except by the method in its text CANNOT be Special Summoned from the Graveyard with “Level Modulation” unless it has been previously Special Summoned by the correct procedure. The “ignore the Summoning conditions” text allows for these monsters to be Special Summoned only after they have been properly Summoned by their own effect. This applies to “Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV8”' date=' “Armed Dragon LV7”, “Silent Swordsman LV7”, “Silent Magician LV8”, and “Winged Kuriboh LV10”.[/quote']

I have a question about Giant Germ' date=' when hes destroyed, can I just special summon 3 Blue-eyes from my deck, then next turn, unleash Blue-Eyes Ultimate?

[/quote']

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Errata:Giant_Germ

:\

Archived