Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

but you see thats what im confused with i looked for an official ruling and all i see for skill drain is that it negates the effects of monsters on the field. and the EB's "there can only be one" effect should be also negated. if skill drain leaves the field then the "only one..." effect should be applied thus killing one of those monsters to meet the conditions of the card.

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No you wont. An archfiend Monster has to be destroyed and sent to the graveyard. At the time of destruction, Gilfer is still a spell card. AFTER its destruction its sent to the graveyard, than it becomes a monster again. It was never destroyed as a monster, it just turned into one as a result of Game mechanics.

Also, even in a better suit. Lets just say you can. Both effects activate at the same time. If you chose to activate Gilfers effect within any part of the chain, you have to choose a target FIRST. If there is no monsters on the field at the time you activate the effect, it fizzles.

I have an Question about the Wicked Avatar. If what I think is correct, I might be able to DESTROY THE AVATAR BY BATTLE!!

Let's say I have only Samsara Lotus and an Trap Card on my field, and my opponent has only an Avatar that has done 3 or more turns. I attack Avatar with Samsara Lotus. If I open the Trap Card which is Mask of Weakness, and I use it on Samsara Lotus, will Avatar's ATK become 0, and can Samsara Lotus destroy it? Or, not?

Please Help!!

Can you use the effect of Ancient Fairy Dragon AFTER the Battle Phase?

No.

Just to get one of my friends to shut up' date=' BRD vs. BTH. What happens.[/quote']

If BRD's controller calls prior, then his effect activates.

BTH doesn't negate anything, so the field gets nuked as soon as BRD resolves, which he will, because he doesn't state that he needs to be face-up on the field to resolve.

Can you use the effect of Ancient Fairy Dragon AFTER the Battle Phase?

No.

Just to get one of my friends to shut up' date=' BRD vs. BTH. What happens.[/quote']

If BRD's controller calls prior, then his effect activates.

BTH doesn't negate anything, so the field gets nuked as soon as BRD resolves, which he will, because he doesn't state that he needs to be face-up on the field to resolve.

Thanks, I thought so.

I have another question on Exodia. I know that what I am going to say right now would almost never happen ever, but...

Let's say person A and B are Dueling. They both play Exodia Decks, and in their hands are 4 pieces each of Exodia. Then, Person A activates Dark Hole. If both Sangans are destroyed at the same time, and both Exodia parts become complete in the 2 Player's hands at the same time, who would win? Or, would it be a Draw?

I have another question on Exodia. I know that what I am going to say right now would almost never happen ever' date=' but...

Let's say person A and B are Dueling. They both play Exodia Decks, and in their hands are 4 pieces each of Exodia. Then, Person A activates Dark Hole. If both Sangans are destroyed at the same time, and both Exodia parts become complete in the 2 Player's hands at the same time, who would win? Or, would it be a Draw?

[/quote']

I believe Person A wins because he/she has priority

I have another question on Exodia. I know that what I am going to say right now would almost never happen ever' date=' but...

[/quote']

It's either a draw, or the turn player wins. I think a draw because it is if both people draw all five in the opening, it's a tie no matter who would have gone first.

actually, i believe player b wins. or its a draw.

heres how it works.

player a plays dark hole.

both sangans die.

player a, being the turn player, gets chain link 1.

player b gets chain link 2.

chain link 2 resolves first.

so all 5 pieces are in player b's hand before the resolution of player a's effect.

the question is, whether the win can be declared between links in a chain.

actually' date=' i believe player b wins. or its a draw.

heres how it works.

player a plays dark hole.

both sangans die.

player a, being the turn player, gets chain link 1.

player b gets chain link 2.

chain link 2 resolves first.

so all 5 pieces are in player b's hand before the resolution of player a's effect.

the question is, whether the win can be declared between links in a chain.

[/quote']

If i remembered correctly,win conditions cannot be declared until all chains have been resolved.

this just occured to me, and now its bothering.

say honest is activated at its prime time, during damage calc, when it can only be responded to by something like injection or another honest. or a counter trap, i think.

your opponent chains honest.

doesnt that mean, because his honest resolves first as the last link on the chain, that he just gave you a large attack boost for no reason?

i guess honest should then be activated at damage step instead?

i had thought only one chain could occur in damage step, and now i dont remember why, but it sounds like, while reading lolwikis breakdown, that many chains can occur, assuming the cards are all of the required speed or function.

so

can someone explain that through to me?

do honest fights get big because they /dont/ chain?

Archived