Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

If I have Skill Drain face-up' date=' and attack in to Morphing Jar, would his effect still activate?

I'd prefer a reference on this one, too.

[/quote']

"Skill Drain" will negate Flip Effects' date=' and you can chain the activation of "Skill Drain" to the activation of a Flip Effect, but you cannot activate "Skill Drain" in the Damage Step because it does not specifically modify ATK or DEF, so you cannot chain "Skill Drain" to a Flip Effect that is activated because a monster was attacked while face-down.

[/quote']

Basically,it negates it and those other parts are talking about chaining skill drain to a flip-effect which isn't part of your question.

Oh durr, Netrep.

Thanks.

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have a couple of questions...

1. Victory Dragon's effect is "If this card attacks your opponent directly and reduces their Life Points to 0, you win the Match." Doesn't this happen if you attack with any monster and reduce their life points to zero? what is the point of this effect?

2. Can you Special Summon a Ritual Monster from the graveyard with Monster Reborn if you didn't ritual summon it? (I did this with Black Luster Soldier...that's why i ask)

i have a couple of questions...

1. Victory Dragon's effect is "If this card attacks your opponent directly and reduces their Life Points to 0' date=' you win the Match." Doesn't this happen if you attack with any monster and reduce their life points to zero? what is the point of this effect?

2. Can you Special Summon a Ritual Monster from the graveyard with Monster Reborn if you didn't ritual summon it? (I did this with Black Luster Soldier...that's why i ask)

[/quote']

1. this is an often misunderstood effect. What it is talking about is that if you play a Match game, or in terms easier to understand a 2 out of 3 battle, and do a dirrect attack and beat your opponent with Victory Dragon it counts as winning two duels no matter what.

2. no, you have to Ritual Summon it first. No exceptions.

Diamond Dude is face-up and I activate his effect. It's Monster Reborn. I send it to the Graveyard and wait for it to activate during my next turn. During my my opponent's turn, I summon Winged Kuriboh LV9. What happens to Monster Reborn during my next Main Phase?

Diamond Dude is face-up and I activate his effect. It's Monster Reborn. I send it to the Graveyard and wait for it to activate during my next turn. During my my opponent's turn' date=' I summon Winged Kuriboh LV9. What happens to Monster Reborn during my next Main Phase?

[/quote']

Diamond Dude only activates the effect of the Spell Card, not the Spell Card itself, so it stays in the Graveyard.

Is there a card that doubles effect damage you inflict to your Opponent?

AFAIK, you can only double Battle Damage, or use Dark Snake Syndrome, which only doubles it's own Effect Damage.

If Macro Cosmos or any cards that will remove from play cards sent to the graveyard is face-up on the field, and I have a Lightlord/Lightsworn Monster face-up on the field, will I send from the top of my deck to the graveyard as a maintenance cost or will I not send any cards?

It's an regular effect' date=' not a maintenance cost, and yes, they will be removed from play. The only exception is Celestia; because her mill actually [i']is[/i] a cost, she will not do anything, and no cards will be destroyed.

Ryko's not a cost either.

Or am I wrong?

It's an regular effect' date=' not a maintenance cost, and yes, they will be removed from play. The only exception is Celestia; because her mill actually [i']is[/i] a cost, she will not do anything, and no cards will be destroyed.

Or am I wrong?

You are right. It's not a cost.

Q: Is there a website/program that lets you searh card by effects or categories. Like input Level 4 tuner and it gives you a list with all of them. And the games are not what I am looking for.

Or am I wrong?

I never said it was. In fact, I said that Celestia is the only cost, which makes it clear that Ryko is not a cost. Learn to read, idiot.

Or am I wrong?

Q: Is there a website/program that lets you searh card by effects or categories. Like input Level 4 tuner and it gives you a list with all of them. And the games are not what I am looking for.

The Wiki lets you do this. You just need to figure out how to get the Wiki syntax right on their lists.

For example, to find all the Level 5 or lower Synchro Monsters, go to a random page and preview-edit it to say this:

{{#ask: [[English Name::

Or am I wrong?

I never said it was. In fact, I said that Celestia is the only cost, which makes it clear that Ryko is not a cost. Learn to read, idiot.

Or am I wrong?

The Wiki lets you do this. You just need to figure out how to get the Wiki syntax right on their lists.

For example, to find all the Level 5 or lower Synchro Monsters, go to a random page and preview-edit it to say this:

Is there anything easier? I don't like complicated things :S

Or am I wrong?

Or am I wrong?

Is there anything easier? I don't like complicated things :S

YVD, DMU, DME, World Championship 09 on the DS.

Or am I wrong?

Looks like I'll need to learn how to use wiki :S

Or am I wrong?

YVD, DMU, and DME are all on the computer and free.

Or am I wrong?

Oh no, it's something that is meant for a certain purpose. Let's not use it for any other thing that you can do with it, because it's not meant for that. Let's use calc.exe instead of Google when I need to calculate something.

If skill is face-up' date=' are the effect of tokens negated?, like, can I tribute a sheep token?

I'm thinking in a triky token beatdown.

[/quote']

Tokens don't have effects. Not being able to be Tributed is a condition that they gained in the same effect that summoned them.

Ok' date=' Junk and I are having an argument about using Hex-Sealed on Divine Neos. He says you can and I say you cant. Who's right?

Also, explain why.

[/quote']

You are wrong.

Explanation: You are Andrew.

When you Fusion Summon this card you can use a substitute' date=' such as “King of the Swamp”, for the “Cyber Dragon”, but not for the Machine-Type monsters. That means you can use a maximum of 1 substitute monster in the Fusion Summon.[/quote']

In other words, you are probably right.

But you are still wrong, because you are Andrew.

Archived