Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

does the card "Null and Void" work with card destruction/Morph jar? (played at a local shop and had a big argument/discussion about it)

i don't think so' date='Null and Void misses the timing since it can't be chained only to the discarding effect of it

You can only chain "Null and Void" to an effect that draws cards and does nothing else. You can chain "Null and Void" to the activation of "Pot of Greed" or "Jar of Greed". You can chain "Null and Void" to the activation of the effect of cards like "Airknight Parshath".

If I play Machine Duplication' date=' and my opponent chains, somehow either flipping my monster down, destoying it, spinning it, etc., do I still get Machine Duplication's effect?

[/quote']

a ruling netrep gave is similar and should answer it:

The Machine-Type monster is chosen at activation of this card' date=' so if the opponent chains "Ring of Destruction" to destroy the chosen monster, up to 2 copies of that card can still be Special Summoned.[/quote']

Why don't people try to use Netrep before asking a question related to rulings?

So' date=' let's say PoC copies a monster's effect that activates when its destroyed, like Dark Necrofear. If I crash it, do I get the effect?

[/quote']

It's a continuous effect and fades away during the End Phase or when it's removed from the field/flipped face-down.

So no.

ive seen people tag out with a poc copying a gb though.

is that illegal then?

also

light of intervention.

if i play it, then set a monster face down, does it activate a flip effect when its normal summoned?

or no?

the wording is icky.

ive seen people tag out with a poc copying a gb though.

is that illegal then?

I think he'd just be shuffled into the deck and that nothing further would happen' date=' just like how it would just go to the Graveyard when it becomes Sangan and suicides.

also

light of intervention.

if i play it, then set a monster face down, does it activate a flip effect when its normal summoned?

or no?

the wording is icky.

I think it means that they are instead Normal Summoned, because AFAIK, you can't Normal Summon face-down monsters in this game.

It's one of those older cards that never got a clear rulings about it.

If SDD/AM is on the field and DAD is summoned using its effect <--- can SDD/AM Negate the effect and destroy DAD?

Yes. Why not?

I have a question about Urgent Tuning.

Whats so good about it? (clarify the effect' date=' plz.)

[/quote']

Invalid; it's not good.

also' date=' please allude to which post you are saying 'no' to. sources or at least an argument would be nice as well, so i know what youre talking about.

[/quote']

Don't accuse him for something you did yourself.

You didn't quote him and there has been a post in between.

Nope.

If SDD/AM is on the field and DAD is summoned using its effect <--- can SDD/AM Negate the effect and destroy DAD?

Summoning Conditions=/=Effects.

Are you implying that he can't activate Stardust Buster's effect in this case?

i clearly referenced his question about sdd/buster, however.

if i just said "yes" then it would be obnoxious, but since no one else has had a question about sdd/buster, then its easy to assume im responding to him.

even then, its a complete statement illustrating an idea that sdd/buster can hit anything that wrath can.

it doesnt need to quote something.

If the opponent controls only 1 monster with an effect "This card cannot be selected as an attack target" (Like the earthbound immortals)' date=' does that mean I can attack the opponent's life points directly ?

[/quote']

No. You've been watching too much 5Ds.

If the opponent controls only 1 monster with an effect "This card cannot be selected as an attack target" (Like the earthbound immortals)' date=' does that mean I can attack the opponent's life points directly ?

[/quote']

That depends on the monster in question. It is legal if it's Legendary Fisherman or that one WATER Guardian monster.

I was wondering, when a card says "This card cannot be normal summon or set, this card can only be special summoned by-(example: sacrificing three monsters) ect" does that mean you can special summon it from your hand by simply doing that or does there have to be some sort of card effect involved like monster reborn(if you got the card into the graveyard)

I've been a bit confused by that.

Oh also, on beast king barbaros can you still normal summon him using the tributing or do you have to normal summon him with no tributes and make his atk 1900 or special summon him?

sorry for the dumb questions.

I was wondering' date=' when a card says "This card cannot be normal summon or set, this card can only be special summoned by-(example: sacrificing three monsters) ect" does that mean you can special summon it from your hand by simply doing that or does there have to be some sort of card effect involved like monster reborn(if you got the card into the graveyard)

Oh also, on beast king barbaros can you still normal summon him using the tributing or do you have to normal summon him with no tributes and make his atk 1900 or special summon him?

To the first question, it's from the hand only (unless otherwise stated), by performing whatever the card says. Monster Reborn doesn't work on those cards except for a select few.

To the second question, you can play Barbaros using 1, 2, or 3 tributes (or by special summon, but that's irrelevant). However, Barbaros is usually played in Skill Drain decks, so you don't see people tribute 2 for it (or tribute for stuff at all, really) often. >.>

I was wondering' date=' when a card says "This card cannot be normal summon or set, this card can only be special summoned by-(example: sacrificing three monsters) ect" does that mean you can special summon it from your hand by simply doing that or does there have to be some sort of card effect involved like monster reborn(if you got the card into the graveyard)

To the first question, it's from the hand only (unless otherwise stated), by performing whatever the card says. Monster Reborn doesn't work on those cards except for a select few.

To the second question, you can play Barbaros using 0, 2, or 3 tributes (or by special summon, but that's irrelevant). However, Barbaros is usually played in Skill Drain decks, so you don't see people tribute 2 for it (or tribute for stuff at all, really) often. >.>

everything else was right.

i have a situational question cause i have done this in a duel and things got confusing. i know how skill drain works and all. I wanted to know on the Earthbound God effect of "there can only be 1 Earthbound god on the field" is negated with skill drain right? if so, i can have Apu and Piscu on the field at the same time with skill drain on the field? one last following situation, if skill drain is destroyed and the "only 1 earthbound god on the field" applies while there is already two on the field. i can chose to destroy piscu and use its destruction effect right?

very interesting duel i had.and very confusing.

i have a situational question cause i have done this in a duel and things got confusing. i know how skill drain works and all. I wanted to know on the Earthbound God effect of "there can only be 1 Earthbound god on the field" is negated with skill drain right? if so' date=' i can have Apu and Piscu on the field at the same time with skill drain on the field? one last following situation, if skill drain is destroyed and the "only 1 earthbound god on the field" applies while there is already two on the field. i can chose to destroy piscu and use its destruction effect right?

very interesting duel i had.and very confusing.

[/quote']

^IIRC' date=' the premise for your question is an inaccurate presumption.

Just to get one of my friends to shut up, BRD vs. BTH. What happens.

[/quote']

how is his question inacurate?

the stopper effect doesn't work if the effects are negated right? so why couldn't he play a second one and later have this problem come up?

how is his question inacurate?

the stopper effect doesn't work if the effects are negated right? so why couldn't he play a second one and later have this problem come up?

I believe there were some effects with rulings that say Skill Drain doesn't work on them. (not the ones from the hand/grave, I know about those)

Archived