Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

can i use these card's effects when imperial iron wall is in play:

~ Caius

~ Bottomless

if not for caius' date=' then what happens? does it just not work?

[/quote']

Bottomless simply cannot be activated.

As for Caius, it's effect still activates, but by the effect of Imperial Iron Wall, Caius's effect resolves into having not any effect at all.

So no. Both effects will not work.

I can perfectly image why people ask about bottomless, since it effect also destroyes, but I hate it when people say "CAN I HAZ SELECTZED CARD ZEND TO GREAV", when Caius obvious says that the card should be removed from play and that Imperial Iron Wall complete kills it.

Serious people, Caius VS Imperial Iron Wall is a no brainer. >___>

Is it true that, when activating Stratos' first effect, because of the way that he is worded, you get to choose the card(s) at the time that the effect resolves, rather than normally targeting the card(s)?

Destroy Spell or Trap Cards on the field up to the number of other "Elemental Hero"' date=' "Destiny Hero", and "Evil Hero" monsters you control.[/quote']

Also, a source would be appreciated.

Is it true that' date=' when activating Stratos' first effect, because of the way that he is worded, you get to choose the card(s) at the time that the effect resolves, rather than normally targeting the card(s)?

Destroy Spell or Trap Cards on the field up to the number of other "Elemental Hero", "Destiny Hero", and "Evil Hero" monsters you control.

I think you target when it resolves.

Ok, my friends are dueling at the moment and they're in need of some assistance. When you draw a monster for Glow Moss, does the Glow Moss die as the battle phase ends or not?

When this card attacks or is attacked, your opponent draws 1 card. Reveal that card, and based on its type apply the proper effect:

- Monster: End the Battle Phase.

- Spell: You can change this attack to a direct attack instead.

- Trap: This monster is changed to Defense Position.

Let's say you have LaDD, Light End Dragon or Dark End Dragon.

If the monster is removed from the field (via Dimensionhole, Fortune Slip, Interdimensional Matter Transporter, etc.) or flipped face-down (via Book of Eclipse, Book of Moon, etc.), when it returns to the field or flips face-up, does it regain its lost ATK?

Flip effects.

Do they activate during battle?

Like' date=' if Morphing Jar was attacked would it's effect activate?

Man-Eater Bug?

Etc, etc...[/font']

Battle continues as normal. If they're destroyed in battle, the flip effects activate from grave.

First of all,

Is it true that' date=' when activating Stratos' first effect, because of the way that he is worded, you get to choose the card(s) at the time that the effect resolves, rather than normally targeting the card(s)?

Destroy Spell or Trap Cards on the field up to the number of other "Elemental Hero", "Destiny Hero", and "Evil Hero" monsters you control.

Has been answered, but still without source.

Quick question because it kinda amazes me:

If I activate Ojamagic' date=' when it is sent to the Graveyard, does it's effect activate?

[/quote']

You can't activate it.

Thanks a lot, never thought about that.

Flip effects.

Do they activate during battle?

Like' date=' if Morphing Jar was attacked would it's effect activate?

Man-Eater Bug?

Etc, etc...[/font']

Battle continues as normal. If they're destroyed in battle, the flip effects activate from grave.

Oh, that brings up another question I have (yes, Exiro is asking 2 questions after each other!)

If I have Skill Drain face-up, and attack in to Morphing Jar, would his effect still activate?

I'd prefer a reference on this one, too.

If I have Skill Drain face-up' date=' and attack in to Morphing Jar, would his effect still activate?

I'd prefer a reference on this one, too.

[/quote']

"Skill Drain" will negate Flip Effects' date=' and you can chain the activation of "Skill Drain" to the activation of a Flip Effect, but you cannot activate "Skill Drain" in the Damage Step because it does not specifically modify ATK or DEF, so you cannot chain "Skill Drain" to a Flip Effect that is activated because a monster was attacked while face-down.

[/quote']

Basically,it negates it and those other parts are talking about chaining skill drain to a flip-effect which isn't part of your question.

Archived