Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scenario: Ring of Destruction face-down, Light and Darkness Dragon on the field, Mokey Mokey Smackdown on the field, random other Fairy-type monster on the field, Mokey Mokey in the graveyard. I activate Ring of Destruction to destroy LaDD, and select Mokey Mokey.

Does Mokey Mokey come out with 3000 or 300? I know the effect of Smackdown lasts until the end of the turn, even after it's gone. However, in this case, they're all destroyed at the same time, does Smackdown activate then?

Another Question: Destruction Ring + Mokey Mokey King. Does King miss the timing?

When Elemental Hero Absolute Zero is being controlled by an opponent and he tributes it does the summoned monster get destroyed as well

If the effect of "Mokey Mokey Smackdown" is activated (by a Fairy-Type monster on your side of the field being destroyed)' date=' and afterwards you Summon a "Mokey Mokey", that "Mokey Mokey" will also have 3000 ATK even though it wasn’t on the field when the Fairy-Type monster is destroyed. [/quote']

If the effect of "Mokey Mokey Smackdown" is activated (by a Fairy-Type monster on your side of the field being destroyed)' date=' and afterwards you Summon a "Mokey Mokey", that "Mokey Mokey" will also have 3000 ATK even though it wasn’t on the field when the Fairy-Type monster is destroyed. [/quote']

However' date=' in this case, they're all destroyed at the same time, does Smackdown activate then?

[/quote']

However' date=' in this case, they're all destroyed at the same time, does Smackdown activate then?

[/quote']

The ruling says that it doesn't even matter if Mokey Mokey is face-up on the field at the time that an Angel is destroyed, so why would it matter if a Mokey Mokey happens to be destroyed at the time that another Angel is destroyed?

It's like this:

You have a situation and a question about it.

Netrep has an extremer situation and an answer to the appropriate question.

Don't you think that this answer then also apply to your question?

Hi' date=' was wounding if you can put Face-Up monsters in DEF Mode? My friend says you can't do that but I say can. So what is it?

[/quote']

You can't summon them in face up defense, if that's what you're asking.

This, unless Light of Intervention is in play.

Hi' date=' was wounding if you can put Face-Up monsters in DEF Mode? My friend says you can't do that but I say can. So what is it?

[/quote']

No, I mean if I had the monster in ATK mode and then I switched it to DEF Mode.

[/quote']

This also assumes that it's a Normal Summon or Flip Summon; one can certainly Special Summon in face-up Defense Position.

[/quote']

No, I mean if I had the monster in ATK mode and then I switched it to DEF Mode.

That would also be allowed. If not... has your friend ever heard of Morphtronics? Pure proof right there.

I didn't quite understand the answer to my question

That's because there wasn't quite a lot to understand about it.

Mea culpa.

When Elemental Hero Absolute Zero is being controlled by an opponent and he tributes it does the summoned monster get destroyed as well

When it gets tributed, it tries to activate in your Graveyard, but can't do that yet because it's not the last thing that happened. If the current chain is over, if any, it'll start it's own chain with itself on Chain Link 1. When it resolves, the monster that was just Tribute Summoned is already on the field and will therefore be destroyed.

If Chain Dragon inflicts battle damage while macro cosmos is on the field' date=' does my opponent remove the top 3 cards of their deck?

[/quote']

Milling your opponent is an effect, not a cost, so you can do that, and they will be removed from play instead.

Archived