eldritch moon

Chaosix

I'm actually having a hard time remembering the last non-'walker-based threat to the multiverse before the Eldrazi's reveal. (That could be due to seizures, but eh.) I just keep getting the feeling they could have been handled much better than they were.

BUT! That is simply my own opinion. However, even if Emrakul does have a play in this, I suspect that there's something else as well. Just a hunch, though, and I have no issues with being wrong.

I'm just hoping that tho Emrakul will be the antagonist, she will not be defeated here, and we'll get to see her soon, ideally with no card here and a truly terrifying one in the future after she's devoured a plane or 2 in the background.

I hope it's not eldrazi. I've had enough of them in the last block. Plus it feels like a lame reveal to such a big build up. I know their original plan for BFZ block was to make an expansion for each Titan but that never happened since they changed the block structure. Save Emmy for later, give us something new other than rehashed space monsters.

If it is emrakul, they did well to differentiate her from the poorly received Eldrazi last block.

If it isn't, the story really doesn't make much sense.

Seriously the best way to do this is for the monster to be emrakul, but for emrakul to not actually arrive. Have Nahiri thwarted before that happens. That way we get a glimpse of what emrakul can do, don't have giant monster battles two blocks in a row, and it solves the dilemma of Eldrazi mechanics really not fitting into a small set, let alone a card for a Titan.

If it is emrakul, they did well to differentiate her from the poorly received Eldrazi last block.

If it isn't, the story really doesn't make much sense.

Seriously the best way to do this is for the monster to be emrakul, but for emrakul to not actually arrive. Have Nahiri thwarted before that happens. That way we get a glimpse of what emrakul can do, don't have giant monster battles two blocks in a row, and it solves the dilemma of Eldrazi mechanics really not fitting into a small set, let alone a card for a Titan.

And tbh, this is probably what will happen, but I think Emmy will still get a card in this expansion.

Also:

13466184_946027088829682_583116184570181

And tbh, this is probably what will happen, but I think Emmy will still get a card in this expansion.

Also:

13466184_946027088829682_583116184570181

Slightly confused. Is it an Emrakul cutout like Avacyn had? I assume it's some sort of physical store decor but I don't know what all those fancy letters mean.

My problem with them using Emrakul isn't that we already had the Eldrazi last block, but what happens at the end of this one. They can either 1) leave her on the plane which creates another Rise issue, 2) have her pushed off the plane but what was the point to have her pop in for such a short time, or 3) defeat her (likely by trapping her in the moon) but this undercuts her so much, especially since she is the strongest of the 3 titans.

Who knows, maybe they'll surprise us with a 4th option, but as it stands I'm expecting/hoping for 2.

My problem with them using Emrakul isn't that we already had the Eldrazi last block, but what happens at the end of this one. They can either 1) leave her on the plane which creates another Rise issue, 2) have her pushed off the plane but what was the point to have her pop in for such a short time, or 3) defeat her (likely by trapping her in the moon) but this undercuts her so much, especially since she is the strongest of the 3 titans.

Who knows, maybe they'll surprise us with a 4th option, but as it stands I'm expecting/hoping for 2.

maybe  it emracarl, the 4th eldrazi titan

maybe  it emracarl, the 4th eldrazi titan

TBF, technically, there is no evidence to suggest that there are only three Eldrazi Titans in the whole of the multiverse, in fact I'd argue there are plenty more if not infinitely so. The three Titans we know and love happened to be the only ones seen by the three planeswalkers who sealed them on Zendikar, and during their imprisonment they nor any other 'waler we've met had any indication that there were more, but we currently have to definitive answer to how many planes there are. And the more planes there are, the bigger the Blind Eternities as we know them become. Meaning there's plenty more space for more Titans to exist in and more food in the form of mana that we haven't even glanced at yet.

But after Emrakul is finally stopped, I'd imagine they'll take a break from Eldrazi for a few years before even officially suggesting there might be more.

I REALLY hope it isn't Emrakul. I hope we don't see Emrakul until AT LEAST the Kaladesh block is over. She represents a constant looming threat, and it would be a shame to have her show up so early after the "Oh god she's out there somewhere" we got at the conclusion of the Zendikar block.

My personal hope is... well... AM I the only one who remembers that fourth angelic sister mentioned in SIgarda's chapter? She hasn't been mentioned since, but I can totally see that coming back, though shame Avacyn is dead now so there isn't really a "You killed me now I have come for my revenge" deal. 

I REALLY hope it isn't Emrakul. I hope we don't see Emrakul until AT LEAST the Kaladesh block is over. She represents a constant looming threat, and it would be a shame to have her show up so early after the "Oh god she's out there somewhere" we got at the conclusion of the Zendikar block.

My personal hope is... well... AM I the only one who remembers that fourth angelic sister mentioned in SIgarda's chapter? She hasn't been mentioned since, but I can totally see that coming back, though shame Avacyn is dead now so there isn't really a "You killed me now I have come for my revenge" deal. 

its emrakul, its already been confirmed.

also, the 4th angel idea is actually pretty good

Archived