[KLD] Mothership Spoilers Sept. 7

.Rai

Aetherflux is uhh, Interesting. You need to cast 10 spells to gain 50 life in one turn from it. It also makes a good alternate win con in soul sister type decks. The puzzleknots are pretty weak, even in limited. The best one are the black and green one but with thopters and servos being everywhere the red one is playable.

Aetherflux is uhh, Interesting. You need to cast 10 spells to gain 50 life in one turn from it. It also makes a good alternate win con in soul sister type decks. The puzzleknots are pretty weak, even in limited. The best one are the black and green one but with thopters and servos being everywhere the red one is playable.

Actually, 8 spells is enough, gaining 36 life.

When I saw Aetherflux my brain went right to commander. It is a REALLY scary card there. Gaining 10 life is really easy for a lot of deck, and this has a built in way to do it.

The other puzzleknots ended up being pretty weak. Green is pretty nuts imo and black is good. White is also passable. Blue seems pretty weak, but if energy ends up really good in limited it might be playable. Red seems super bad though. The fact that Red costs 2M to use again when they were clearly willing to go to 1M is so strange.

Outcome seems interesting.

Wait, but Fireforger's is easily the best in Limited. It's in a format full of 1/1s for you to ping off, and where those 1/1s are pretty important because you're stopping them from crewing things.

It's about as good as Geistflame was in Innistrad, i.e. pretty good.

Wait, but Fireforger's is easily the best in Limited. It's in a format full of 1/1s for you to ping off, and where those 1/1s are pretty important because you're stopping them from crewing things.

It's about as good as Geistflame was in Innistrad, i.e. pretty good.

My issue is that even with a lot of 1/1s running around they don't come at much cost to make. I could be undervaluing the ability to pick off a Thopter or Servo, but I don't think it is that powerful. I am willing to be wrong though. Especially since this can let a 2/3 trade with a 2/3 and then sit around making combat math more difficult for the opponent.

My issue is that even with a lot of 1/1s running around they don't come at much cost to make. I could be undervaluing the ability to pick off a Thopter or Servo, but I don't think it is that powerful. I am willing to be wrong though. Especially since this can let a 2/3 trade with a 2/3 and then sit around making combat math more difficult for the opponent.

Geistflame got a 3.0 from LSV for Limited in Innistrad. I definitely remember it being pretty damn good a card. Fireforger's will almost certainly get the exact same rating. It trades being instant speed for being super splashable, the second activation being cheaper and artifact synergy.

Archived