Pocket Monsters: Sun & Moon

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which had already begun in New Zealand, begins tomorrow in Canada, is reported to air sometime this month in the UK (then again, the UK still hasn't shown SM043 yet) and on the 24th in the US.

Meanwhile, new episode titles

Episode 1010: Pika Pika Sparkling Love! Poipole Spins Round and Round!! (March 22nd)

Episode 1011: Work Experience! Around the Clock with the Pokémon Center!! (April 5th)

So there's a 1-week break on the 29th, which isn't out of the ordinary to be fair.

The first features Pikachu going missing after Poipole appears (and disappears) at school

The second features Ash and co going to the pokemon center as part of the school's work experience program, but encounter issues when Nurse Joy gets a cold and with the appearance of Team Skull.

EDIT: 

qmDRyZ5.png

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM065]

- The episode kicks off with Ilima finishing the Eevee sidequest, acquiring Eevium-Z

- After Litten's evolution, Mallow wonders who'll evolve next with thoughts turning to Ash's Pikachu (and for the umpteenth-time Ash says he wants to keep it as-is).

- We learn that Ilima is a graduate of the school and studies in the Kalos region, and that there are many legends about him (Komala's being BS ofc, but that didn't stop Ash and that wanting to see for themselves).

- Kukui invites Ilima to participate in the eventual Alola league due to the latter's experience in Kalos.

- Not surprised Ash's first dive ended in disaster, in addition to Marowak's refusal to dive (it is a fire-type ofc)

- When Mallow, Lana and Lillie started to cheer for Ash, my immediate thought was when Gary's cheerleaders recited a victory cheer for Ash after Ash beat Team Rocket in the Viridian gym.

- When Team Skull arrived, they moaned at how Ilima still hasn't evolved his Eevee, how petty. Tupper then moaned about how Ilima stole his popularity with the ladies and how it's his fault that no one else could get popular.

- Tupper believed that his Salandit is close to evolving, but is unaware that male Salandit can't evolve

- Using Extreme Evoboost actually calls other eeveelutions to lend their power. I wonder if the trainers of the Umbreon and Espeon noticed their mons go missing.

- In the end even the female Team Skull grunts fell in love with Ilima, pissing Tupper off even more.

[spoiler=SM065]

• Ohai Kagetora; reminder for me that I still gotta do your challenge and get Eevium Z.
  • Ilima fangirl club. 
  • Tupper (that Team Skull guy) hates Ilima because the latter stole his luck with the ladies. But to be honest, him getting pissed over that is pretty silly to bring in a dozen Team Skull grunts over.
    • Then again, I got no girlfriend so... /shrug
  • Ilima's studying abroad in Kalos, so...let's assume he's met all of the Gym Leaders that Ash has met and fought. IDK about the League though, and unlikely that Ash was ever mentioned. 
  • Extreme Evoboost literally summons the Eeveelutions from everywhere... K.
  • No Team Rocket...yay.

qmDRyZ5.png

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM066]

- I'm not surprised the writers made Ash forget he played ping pong in DP124 (as he was confused by Ilima's explanation of the rules), and as a result he was made to look bad at the game despite a slight differentiation in the rules, heck they made him lose to Mallow in a cheap way.

(Way to flush continuity down the toilet writers)

- Whilst I'm on the subject of the rules in Alola being different than it was in Sinnoh. When Ilima explained the rules, he said that the pokemon can use a paddle whereas in Sinnoh they could not. Same thing with attacks; in Sinnoh they were a no-no, in Alola it's a-ok.

- I didn't know this from watching the episode, but Team Rocket's disguises were a reference to the tennis manga; Aim for the Ace! Heck there was even a reference to Neon Genesis Evangelion when Kiawe talked about Ikari

- Just like in DP124, Jessie has her pokemon holding a paddle, (of course in DP124 she was informed that Meowth couldn't hold a paddle, whereas it was fine for Wobbuffet to use one)

- Just like in SM060, there was no reason for Bewear to show up and carry Team Rocket away when they weren't even up to no good. Granted Meowth tried to cheat, but still, it could've waited till after Jessie lost to show up.

- This is the first time Smeargle even uses an attack despite having made numerous appearances since the Original Series, heck Sketch made its debut.

- Ikari was a bit of a dick to Mienshao, scolding it numerous times, even Ilima moaned at him during the final, but later backpedalled by apologising and saying that trainers can refine teamwork with strictness.

- In the end Ilima goes back to Kalos (Though I'd like to know how the Eeveelutions got onto that rock in the post-credits scene after the poke problem answer) 

I'll give my thoughts on the new English theme once the first episode airs over here, which'll be on Monday. (If I miss it, then I'll watch it on YT)

EDIT: 

qmDRyZ5.png

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM067]

- Narrator breaking the fourth all by zooming the camera in on Poipole

- Poipole whisks Pikachu away whilst Sophocoles is doing his presentation, and of course being the blind butt-monkey that he is, Ash doesn't notice until lunch

- Sophocoles mentions the Hokulani Observatory, which should be foreshadowing a visit there in the future

- It appears that after the events of SM061 (being fascinated by the light of Pikachu's attacks, which it remembered after encountering a Chinchou), Poipole has taken a liking to Pikachu after the latter offered it an apple

- Mimikyu with the strat of getting Rowlet to sod off (at least it steered Rowlet back on course)

- Rowlet assumed Pikachu was in trouble and went for Poipole who poisoned Rowlet in self defence, angering Pikachu. At least Poipole was remorseful and offered to carry Rowlet back.

- Kek, Poipole laughing at Team Rocket after they recited their motto

- Of course Bewear would come and save Team Rocket from getting a zapping, predictability at its finest.

- Oh yeah, this is the first time Meowth has seen Torracat since its evolution, and he seems to be proud of the little fella.

- Lusamine allows Poipole to live with Ash until they can find its Ultra Wormhole (when it'll be released, though it'll probs evolve into Naganadel before then), shame that they wasted an entire box of Beast Balls because Poipole kept dodging the balls due to not understanding that it was supposed to go inside which Lillie assumed was playing around.

Also, new episode title

Episode 1012: Shine on, Starship Celesteela! (April 9th)

This one features Sophocles finding a metallic object buried in a bamboo grove, digging it up and assumes it's Kaguya from one of his favourite folk tales "Starship Kaguya".

More new episode titles

Episode 1013: Protect the Farm! The Blue Flame Strikes Back!! (April 16th)
Episode 1014: Dewpider gets Lana! (April 23rd)

The first features some douche wanting to buy Kiawe's farm and turn it into a resort (and I'm assuming Alolan Marowak is gonna use Inferno Overdrive here), the other features a Dewpider falling in love with Lana (so I'm assuming Lana is gonna capture Dewpider here). 

• 3 weeks later...

Guess I'm doing back episode reviews first (if I can remember what's in them), then yesterday's.

[spoiler=-SM066]

• Ash legit sucks at this game (or his teamwork with Pikachu playing ping-pong is bad). I mean, he did get Iron Tailed in the face a ton of times that episode. 
  • Ilima's opponent blamed his back of synergy on his Pokémon and told Ilima to screw up (well, you get the point).
    • Guy loses by a close margin and all, but apparently mellows out slightly. 
  • Ilima returns to Kalos. 
  • No surprise about the fangirls being around.

[spoiler=SM067]

• Ash catches Poipole, but it came with it poisoning Rowlet and some other stuff. Least Poipole figured out what it did wrong (but Rowlet is clueless half the time)
  • Took him a whole box of Beast Balls because Poipole (and Lillie) assumed it was a game. 
  • Ash doesn't realize Pikachu left until later. 
  • Something about Meowth and Torracat seeing each other again...

[spoiler=SM068]

• Team Skull being themselves and causing trouble, though it results in Garbodor getting its fingers plugged up and releasing stench.
  • Ash should've used a Z-move on them, but...meh.
  • Apparently Ash and co. were doing a work activity at the Pokémon Center, but they have to run it themselves because Nurse got sick.
  • Cross-dressing Ash (but they got a male version of outfit for him). 
  • Only 1 TR member showed up, but needless to say "why is the twerp here" in his mind.
  • Had to call in Joy from 'Akala to help out figure out how to handle Garbodor.
    • Apparently he never clean out its fingers and gunk accumulated in there. 
    • Requires the large equivalent of a Q-tip and it stinks like hell in there after. 
  • At the end of the day, Rotom has pic of Ash crossdressing which he's embarrassed to look at. 

Technical filler that can be skipped unless you want to see that fat TR grunt get some character development

qmDRyZ5.png

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM068]
- Team Skull not happy with Ash flaunting Poipole and challenges him to a battle, during which Zip's Garbodor was unable to use Venoshock. Nevertheless it almost made Ash late for work experience* at the Pokémon Centre.
- Nurse Joy fell ill, leaving Ash and the others to handle the duties themselves.
- As cringey as it was, Ash putting on the dress was amusing as he has crossdressed before, something he hasn't done since Best Wishes, though I found it amusing when the girls put makeup on him (gotta go full hog).
- This is the first episode we've seen anyone from Team Rocket on their own (barring flashbacks or specials), but James almost let it slip when he said "brat" before backpedalling to alleviate suspicion. Though when they were leaving, Kiawe believes he had seen him before.
- Poipole learned not to mess with Alolan Exeggutor.
- Took a while but Zip finally walked into the Pokémon Centre to get help for his Garbodor, which required earpicks (and an eternity) to unclog the poison. Heck even Zip bought one after the situation was resolved, though claimed that it was a "souvenir".
- In the end a Nurse Joy from Akala stepped in to help (and she somehow has a fleet of Comfey to fly her back to Akala, though as this was in the post credits scene, it will not be in the dub)
- At least Rotom recorded the day's events so MeleMele Joy could see how everyone did (it even recommended the pics of Ash crossdressing which embarrassed Ash).
- *My main concern with the episode (isn't that it's filler) is the fact that the plot contradicts employment laws, specifically regarding Ash. At 10 there is no way he should've even been allowed to do work experience. Reason why I said Ash specifically is because for the others who were captains in the games, we know they're between 11-19 and the minimum age for work experience falls in the latter half of that range, so it isn't as much of an issue for them. So Team Skull ambushing Ash at the top of the episode was a positive for me.

new episode titles;
Episode 1015: Pan-dun-dun! Burn with Passion, Mallow's Family! (April 26th)
Episode 1016: Team Rocket's 's Island Challenge! Get a Z-Ring!! (May 3rd)
Episode 1017: This Tough Geezer's the Island Kahuna?! (May 10th)

So Nanu will debut in May and they're finally addressing the TR subplot with their Z-crystal, though whether they obtain a Z-Ring or not is up in the air *cough*Bewear*cough*. Though on the subject of pokemon that TR has that can use the Z-crystal that they have, Meowth does have Bite (though it was only used prior to it being a dark-move, and in DP, Meowth claimed to be able to use Night Slash, but said it was too scary to use)

qmDRyZ5.png

- Team Skull not happy with Ash flaunting Poipole and challenges him to a battle, during which Zip's Garbodor was unable to use Venoshock. Nevertheless it almost made Ash late for work experience* at the Pokémon Centre.

- Nurse Joy fell ill, leaving Ash and the others to handle the duties themselves.

- As cringey as it was, Ash putting on the dress was amusing as he has crossdressed before, something he hasn't done since Best Wishes, though I found it amusing when the girls put makeup on him (gotta go full hog).

- This is the first episode we've seen anyone from Team Rocket on their own (barring flashbacks or specials), but James almost let it slip when he said "brat" before backpedalling to alleviate suspicion. Though when they were leaving, Kiawe believes he had seen him before.

- Poipole learned not to mess with Alolan Exeggutor.

- Took a while but Zip finally walked into the Pokémon Centre to get help for his Garbodor, which required earpicks (and an eternity) to unclog the poison. Heck even Zip bought one after the situation was resolved, though claimed that it was a "souvenir".

- In the end a Nurse Joy from Akala stepped in to help (and she somehow has a fleet of Comfey to fly her back to Akala, though as this was in the post credits scene, it will not be in the dub)

- At least Rotom recorded the day's events so MeleMele Joy could see how everyone did (it even recommended the pics of Ash crossdressing which embarrassed Ash).

- *My main concern with the episode (isn't that it's filler) is the fact that the plot contradicts employment laws, specifically regarding Ash. At 10 there is no way he should've even been allowed to do work experience. Reason why I said Ash specifically is because for the others who were captains in the games, we know they're between 11-19 and the minimum age for work experience falls in the latter half of that range, so it isn't as much of an issue for them. So Team Skull ambushing Ash at the top of the episode was a positive for me.

new episode titles;

Episode 1015: Pan-dun-dun! Burn with Passion, Mallow's Family! (April 26th)

Episode 1016: Team Rocket's 's Island Challenge! Get a Z-Ring!! (May 3rd)

Episode 1017: This Tough Geezer's the Island Kahuna?! (May 10th)

So Nanu will debut in May and they're finally addressing the TR subplot with their Z-crystal, though whether they obtain a Z-Ring or not is up in the air *cough*Bewear*cough*. Though on the subject of pokemon that TR has that can use the Z-crystal that they have, Meowth does have Bite (though it was only used prior to it being a dark-move, and in DP, Meowth claimed to be able to use Night Slash, but said it was too scary to use)

Are we gonna see Mallow's mom? And Acerola?

At least we're moving on to 'Ula'ula now and the trials there, but how they pan out remains to be seen. Ash has no need to do the Electric trial, but the other two are yes.

They could follow the games for TR's trial location, but it's more likely it'll be in an anime-only location and just getting the Z-Ring; not necessarily the Power one Ash has.

I also doubt Ash will be facing Nanu that soon, and might take another couple months before he does. 

qmDRyZ5.png

- *My main concern with the episode (isn't that it's filler) is the fact that the plot contradicts employment laws, specifically regarding Ash. At 10 there is no way he should've even been allowed to do work experience. Reason why I said Ash specifically is because for the others who were captains in the games, we know they're between 11-19 and the minimum age for work experience falls in the latter half of that range, so it isn't as much of an issue for them.

[spoiler=reply]

In the US, you gotta be at least 16 to get a job anyway (though you can do volunteer work at earlier ages; I did 6 weeks at a hospital when I was 14, but that's slight off-topic]. Er, you can probably get an exemption for regular work too, but IDK. Not sure how that applies to other countries like the UK and elsewhere (if you have similar regulations).

But yeah, 10 years old is way too young to be doing any form of work in the modern world (especially working at the Pokémon Center, which can be comparable to a vet clinic or something); regardless if actual work or volunteering, even if you're being supervised. In this case, it's comparable to an internship, and you gotta be in your 20s-30s for that. 

Or in the Pokémon universe, our regulations don't apply, but yeah. 

====

Then again, this isn't taking into account any chores like helping parents on a farm or something that isn't regulated by the government (but you still get some payment for).

[spoiler=reply]

In the US, you gotta be at least 16 to get a job anyway (though you can do volunteer work at earlier ages; I did 6 weeks at a hospital when I was 14, but that's slight off-topic]. Er, you can probably get an exemption for regular work too, but IDK. Not sure how that applies to other countries like the UK and elsewhere (if you have similar regulations).

But yeah, 10 years old is way too young to be doing any form of work in the modern world (especially working at the Pokémon Center, which can be comparable to a vet clinic or something); regardless if actual work or volunteering, even if you're being supervised. In this case, it's comparable to an internship, and you gotta be in your 20s-30s for that.

Or in the Pokémon universe, our regulations don't apply, but yeah.

====

Then again, this isn't taking into account any chores like helping parents on a farm or something that isn't regulated by the government (but you still get some payment for).

[spoiler=Response]

I know in the UK you have to be 14 before you can do work experience, though you can do a paper round at age 13. But yeah I looked at employment laws before watching the episode.

EDIT: Trailer for the new movie; featuring new pokemon Zeraora

The trailer also shows that Team Rocket will be in the movie (albeit AU versions of them).

[spoiler=SM069 (with subs)]

• Sophocles stumbles upon Celesteela buried near his camping site (which apparently was buried for 201 years)
  • I'm actually surprised Ash and co. actually managed to dig Celesteela, considering it's 30 ft in high (give/take a few inches, but w/e). Though, they had Grubbin helping out.
  • Nice referencing The Bamboo Cutter story here (though it works because Celesteela is based on the fairy tale). 
  • Trying to capture something with catch rate 25 and over 30 ft tall without weakening? Uh yeah, not going to work.
  • TR butts in again because it's a Rocket-themed Pokémon, but again with Bewear.
  • At the very least, no one got hurt when Celesteela launched itself to the moon and it was an emotional goodbye.
    • This is better than watching the SpaceX launches (well, I haven't seen them launch but you get it)

Oh right, and it took a while to find the episode because usual areas weren't up a few hours ago and guys on YT weren't of help either. It is up now, but you have to find it on your own.

qmDRyZ5.png

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM069 ...69 (I had to, I'm sorry)]

- Sophocoles and his parents are camping in a bamboo grove, and ofc Sophocoles is on his computer looking at the optimal time to view the moon. You'd think he'd have left that at home, oh well.

- Sophocoles just happens to stumble across Celesteela who has apparently been there for 200 years (so technically the first UB to appear in the world then) after recalling a spin on the classic bamboo cutter tale. I remember the first time I heard a variant of that tale was in season 3 of Cardfight Vanguard.

- Sophocoles finds a way to rope the others into helping him dig up Celesteela, with help from a few Grubbin as well. I do like that they used the first ending theme as an insert song during the whole process.

- After Celesteela was dug up and Rotomdex is unable to get data on it, Kiawe assumes that it could be an Ultra Beast, which is later confirmed by Aether Foundation when they're alerted of it (they also confirmed that it came 200 years ago), though Sophocoles was sad that they'd have to say goodbye to it.

- At least they didn't use an entire box of Beast Balls (like with Poipole), but they realise quickly that the Beast Balls failed due to it still being rooted down.

- Of course Team Rocket would want Celesteela after eavesdropping and learning that it's a "Rocket" pokemon.

- When they announced their mechas a Mk2 I was like "What happened to Mk1, owait that got wrecked in Kanto"

- Aether Foundation mentioned that Celesteela could burn down the whole forest once it launches and expels gas (something mentioned in its Moon dex entry), thus the Ultra Guardians had to juggle battling Team Rocket with protecting the forest when Celesteela took off. At least no one was hurt and it was an emotional goodbye, though we don't see it return to its home.

- Of course Bewear would fly in on the diverted rocket fist and ride off with Team Rocket.

- Oh yeah, Tapu Koko was watching everything unfold from a distance.

[spoiler=Oh right]

and it took a while to find the episode because usual areas weren't up a few hours ago and guys on YT weren't of help either. It is up now, but you have to find it on your own.

[spoiler=Response]

For me, I wait 24 hours after the episode airs as I know by then the site I usually use has the episode up subbed.

I'm only lucky that the sites I watch on actually had it subbed today (because last week, I had to wait)

[spoiler=SM070]

• Corporate douchebag wants to turn Kiawe's farm into a resort area, where only he gives a sheet about the profits.
    • Kiawe and his folks refuse, but as I expected, the guy did other sheet to ruin the farm (apparently broke the fence and let the Miltank run loose)
  • Marowak fails the Z-move first time because lack of belief.
  • Kiawe's training hard overnight and his dad tells Ash "just watch as it's something only he and Marowak can accomplish right now"
  • Z-Flare Blitz pays off, even with halved damage in the rain and Electivire is out. 
  • Bourgain and his goons are arrested for contract forgery, property damage and trespassing.
  • No Team Rocket!

Also Ash-related crap.

• Electivire had to be looked up on the Pokédex; uh Ash, you met one, like, before you left for Sinnoh (unless you literally get amnesia every season).
  • Mistook the 'Akala Jenny for her sister, but in his defense, all of them do look alike. Surely he knew this by now.

As harsh as I am on Ash, yeah, he literally can't be that dumb.

====

Then again, the farm situation does parallel a lot of what actually happens down here in terms of corporations and sheet (though replace the farms and resort area with high-rise condos for out of state investors and/or guys from China, etc buying up all the available housing in this state.)

You can ask about it outside this thread if interested.

qmDRyZ5.png

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM070]

- Some corporate douche shows up wanting to buy the Kiawe family farm so he can build profitable resort hotels. Obviously they refuse (as they'll practically be homeless), resulting in douche mcdoucheface to activate contingency measures; starting with damming the river

- Took about 4 and a half mins (that's minus opening and question segment) for Ash to show up for what it's worth. It is a Kiawe episode so it's understandable for the resident butt-monkey to appear late.

- Douchebag and his cronies breaks the fence letting the Miltank sod off, and of course they claim that it just happened to be broken.

- Ash apparently forgot what an Electivire was (not like Gary and Paul had an Electivire or anything), thus Rotom checks it on the dex.

- A-Marowak fails the Z-move at first, but this was due to Kiawe admitting that he had doubts and declaring that he won't doubt it no more

- The next day, Kiawe wants to fight Douchebag for the farm, (Win; Douchebag sods off, lose; he gets the farm)

- I never knew Electivire could use Rain Dance, then again I always associate them being physical attackers tbf. Despite the rain, A-Marowak was still able to beat it with the Z-move. (I figured that this was gonna happen when the episode title was revealed)

- Good thing Rotomdex recorded the conversation as Douchebag tried backpedalling. claiming he made no such promise, and decides to tear down the farm anyway.

- Akala Jenny turns up in the nick of time and arrests Douchebag for forgery of land ownership, trespassing and property destruction.

- Of course Ash confuses the Akala Jenny for MeleMele's. You'd think he'd learn to not jump to conclusions, then again this happens every region.

- All in all, it was a good development episode for Kiawe and A-Marowak

According to a recent summary for SM073, James' Mareanie will be learning Knock Off so it can utilise the Z-crystal they already have.

Also from what I can see (small pic), apparently Acerola's Mimikyu is shiny. On one hand it makes sense since Jessie has a Mimikyu, on the other it has a flower on its head.

As for Hapu, I think she'll probs be established as a Kahuna already in the anime. We've seen small deviations of the plot in the games already (no captains, not needing to do all trials to fight the Kahuna), and she seemed capable in the games unlike Flannery who in the anime forgot to clean the gym after a battle.

Also from what I can see (small pic), apparently Acerola's Mimikyu is shiny. On one hand it makes sense since Jessie has a Mimikyu, on the other it has a flower on its head.

As for Hapu, I think she'll probs be established as a Kahuna already in the anime. We've seen small deviations of the plot in the games already (no captains, not needing to do all trials to fight the Kahuna), and she seemed capable in the games unlike Flannery who in the anime forgot to clean the gym after a battle.

Don't forget, to Ash's surprise cause he's an idiot here, he figures the Kahuna's are all adults while he'll be surprised to see a kid as kahuna.

Don't forget, to Ash's surprise cause he's an idiot here, he figures the Kahunas are all adults while he'll be surprised to see a kid as kahuna.

I do think Hapu is older than she looks. It’s possible they’ll play the “don’t let my height fool you, I’m older than I look.” card, but we'll just have to wait and see what they do with Hapu, and how Ash will react.

[spoiler=SM071 thoughts]

• First half of episode was all Pokémon and none of Ash and friends (though focusing on Dewpider)
  • Lana didn't catch the Dewpider, but helped it get a new home.
  • Apparently putting water bubble on head makes you look like one and that technically worked. 
  • Fight with Surskit (which does mirror their rivalry somewhat in the games) and the former evolved, so Dewpider took over the pond. 
  • Poipole being silly and popping the bubble, which it needs to breathe. 

This was a 1-hour special today, but at the time of writing, only 71 is available online completely (and subbed). 72 technically is around in RAW, but some of the audio is purposely muted in certain areas and some other stuff. (I'll wait for it to properly come out before commenting)

qmDRyZ5.png

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM071]
- Under the guidance of Araquanid (I hope it gets proper representation in the future rather than having 17 seconds of screentime), the Dewpider leave to find a new home.
 - (This isn't the first time I specifically counted how much screentime someone got, I believe I did that in XY on two occasions)
- For one Dewpider (who got lost), it didn't have an easy time, between getting trolled by a Pikipek to getting in a fight with other Dewpider (or Poipole popping its bubble)
- Not counting the OP or the Poke-Problem segment, we don't see any human characters for 8 and a half mins.
- Dewpider falls in love with Lana after seeing her with a bubble on her head, thinking her to be one of its own (assume it's male), and it certainly didn't like the other pokemon being around Lana.
- After everyone runs outside, Kukui decides to change the agenda to observing the Dewpider finding a new home (Key word being observe, as Lana pointed out; "a king needs to find its own castle"). At least they used the opening as an insert song for that part.
- As soon as Dewpider found a suitable home, it gets into a fight with a Surksit, (mirroring its dex entries from Sun/Ultra Moon), but after Surskit evolved during the fight, it leaves itself allowing Dewpider to claim the territory.
- And of course, Lana doesn't get the Dewpider (despite people assuming that she would)
All in all, this felt like a bad "fake out" episode. We had the setup for it to be a capture episode for Lana, but it ended up being terrible filler, considering the main focus was on Dewpider, with the human cast not appearing till like halfway through the episode. Speaking of the humans; specifically Lillie, Mallow, Kiawe and Sophocoles, they didn't really do anything, they were just there. Kukui at least filled in the blanks by pointing out that Dewpider had just left its nest, and Ash didn't do much either aside from being present when Dewpider fell.

Now to wait for SM072

Dropping SM072 thoughts, though it's been a couple days. Yes, it's subbed and not getting audio cut in random areas for who the hell knows why. 

[spoiler=SM072]

• Mallow's brother returns for the Alola Bread Festival. Also he falls in love with Noa (or whatever the dub named her).
  • Tried making Danishes with Grepa berries, but the girls got the sweet ones whereas Ash and Kiawe got the sour ones. 
  • Ends up having to overhaul things because this guy fell down while daydreaming about him getting married to Noa, and all of the sweet berries he picked with Lickitung got eaten by a Snorlax.
  • TR competes, but the existence of Grepa Berry jam on bread draws customers away.
    • Jessie gets the dumb idea of tossing everything into the pot and sheet blows up. Uh yeah, that won't win you anything.
  • Mallow wins, though 'Ulu (Mallow's brother) finds out that Noa already has fiancee and getting married to him.
  • 'Ulu goes back on training journey and falls in love with Beauty.

Archived