Pocket Monsters: Sun & Moon

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

though I won't be able to collate my thoughts till later on this evening.

I say that, but it doesn't look like the episode is up online yet, so this isn't relevant atm. Having said that, it'll be interesting seeing how USUM stuff will collate to the plot, but that's far away at this moment in time.

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM044]

- So Ash has a dream involving him making a promise to Solgaleo and Lunala to look after Cosmog (The appearance of which gets the attention of the Tapus and Gladion's Type:Null)

- Gladion assumes that an Ultra Beast has shown up after seeing Type:Null act up

- The opening (which reverted back to Alola) shows Ash with the Pikashunium Z on his Z-Ring in addition to Type:Null becoming Silvally and Z-Lillie

- Professor Burnet is referred to as "a fellow researcher" by Kukui. (In the games, we know that the two of them are husband and wife)

- It seems that the Rotomdex has no info on Cosmog

​- Tonight on "Bollocks with Lana" Lana says that a Groudon probs come out of the ground when talking about why Ash wasn't in class yet.

- Lillie gives Cosmog the name Nebby

- Get in the bag Nebby... owait

- According to Lillie, Lusamine never considers Lillie's feeling and brings up Lusamine evolving her Clefairy when Lillie wanted to raise it as a Clefairy (despite Lusamine saying it was hers)

- Faba wasn't happy about the idea of Ash taking care of Nebby

EDIT: Meanwhile new episode titles;

Episode 990: Gladion & Silvally! The Confinement Mask!! (October 26th)

Episode 991: Strike a Fully Powered Pose for a Sleepover! (November 2nd)

Episode 992: Lillie & Silvally: Memories Reborn! (November 9th)

[spoiler=SM044]

Ash finds Nebby after having a dream.

Nebby referred to as a UB and stuff. 

Something about them being realistic to game counterparts.

Lillie convinces Lusamine to let Ash hold onto Nebby

(Somewhere along the line, Lusamine will run into UB-01)

Also, 45 because the anime sites were being shitty today. 

[spoiler=SM045]

• Everyone getting teleported to places; Ash had to deal with the Jigglypuff a few times; RIP.
  • Something about TR making malasadas and stuff. 
  • Sculpting their partner Pokémon; Sophocles apparently cheated by trying to make Charjabug (or tried to). 
  • Nebby teleported everyone to top of the roof. 

[spoiler=SM046]

• Ditto hates shots (but doesn't everyone under the age of, what, 12?)
  • Team Rocket works at Aether Foundation now (err, for time being anyway)
    • Finds out about Type: NULL and Faba tells them "you saw nothing".
  • Kids realize that Ditto leaves its eyes as a giveaway (though it does not work with Quagsire because it already has small eyes). The end of the episode showed this.

Right...and just need to watch episode 40 subbed and we're all good. 

[spoiler=SM046]

• Ditto hates shots (but doesn't everyone under the age of, what, 12?)
  • Team Rocket works at Aether Foundation now (err, for time being anyway)
    • Finds out about Type: NULL and Faba tells them "you saw nothing".
  • Kids realize that Ditto leaves its eyes as a giveaway (though it does not work with Quagsire because it already has small eyes). The end of the episode showed this.

Right...and just need to watch episode 40 subbed and we're all good. 

[spoiler reference]

Just like Duplica's first Ditto before it could perfect it's transformation.

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM045]

- Team Rocket chat about how they can save-face/redeem themselves after being a no-show at HQ

- I liked how hard Team Rocket tried so hard to avoid looking at Ash when he wanted to buy a doughnut, shame Kukui prevented that potential sale

- Nebby is such fun, teleporting everyone to different places (similar to what they were thinking about); Sophocoles to Jigglypuff, Mallow to Oranguru, etc

- Facedesk at Ash thinking Kiawe can teleport

- Kek at Sophocoles trying to shortcut his schoolwork by sculpting Charjabug and Kukui rejecting it

- Ngl Team Rocket leading Ash's line of vision towards the setting sun during the fight was rather clever

- So James thinks that Nebby is a pre-evolution of Koffing as it is a floating ball of gas

- Bewear's appearance was rather boring tbph as Nebby simply teleported Team Rocket to it.

Also managed to find SM046 subbed online

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM046]

- Oh look a Ditto whose eyes stay the same when it transforms, now where have we seen that before? Oh yeah, when it first appeared back in the original series. Though it was stated that some Ditto can transform more accurately than others.

- Faba is definitely a piece of sheet, tossing Rowlet. I know he was trying to grab Nebby but still

- Kek, Lusamine inviting the group to Aether Paradise to ask how Lillie is at school

- So Team Rocket is working under Faba now, well then. Then again Faba did mention it was a better paying job than selling doughnuts that noone was buying anyway.

- Team Rocket thinking they can attract Nebby with garbage was amusing

- Shocker?! An episode of Sun/Moon featuring TR that doesn't have Bewear in it whatsoever. What madness is this? (and when can we see more Bewear-less episodes?)

- Team Rocket discovering secrets about Type:Null and then saying to Faba that they saw nothing.

- Faba mentions that Lillie being able to touch pokemon is a problem and is worried about her possibly regaining memories.

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM045]

- Team Rocket chat about how they can save-face/redeem themselves after being a no-show at HQ

- I liked how hard Team Rocket tried so hard to avoid looking at Ash when he wanted to buy a doughnut, shame Kukui prevented that potential sale

- Nebby is such fun, teleporting everyone to different places (similar to what they were thinking about); Sophocoles to Jigglypuff, Mallow to Oranguru, etc

- Facedesk at Ash thinking Kiawe can teleport

- Kek at Sophocoles trying to shortcut his schoolwork by sculpting Charjabug and Kukui rejecting it

- Ngl Team Rocket leading Ash's line of vision towards the setting sun during the fight was rather clever

- So James thinks that Nebby is a pre-evolution of Koffing as it is a floating ball of gas

- Bewear's appearance was rather boring tbph as Nebby simply teleported Team Rocket to it.

Also managed to find SM046 subbed online

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM046]

- Oh look a Ditto whose eyes stay the same when it transforms, now where have we seen that before? Oh yeah, when it first appeared back in the original series. Though it was stated that some Ditto can transform more accurately than others.

- Faba is definitely a piece of sheet, tossing Rowlet. I know he was trying to grab Nebby but still

- Kek, Lusamine inviting the group to Aether Paradise to ask how Lillie is at school

- So Team Rocket is working under Faba now, well then. Then again Faba did mention it was a better paying job than selling doughnuts that noone was buying anyway.

- Team Rocket thinking they can attract Nebby with garbage was amusing

- Shocker?! An episode of Sun/Moon featuring TR that doesn't have Bewear in it whatsoever. What madness is this? (and when can we see more Bewear-less episodes?)

- Team Rocket discovering secrets about Type:Null and then saying to Faba that they saw nothing.

- Faba mentions that Lillie being able to touch pokemon is a problem and is worried about her possibly regaining memories.

[spoiler about that]

I have a feeling the regaining memories thing could be the biggest clue of all.

Whilst I'm waiting for the episode to be uploaded, I found out something about the fight with Team Rocket in SM045; Jessie using the sunset to blind Ash in order for Meowth to steal Nebby is a reference to the battle between Jessie and James' Japanese namesakes, Miyamoto Musashi and Sasaki Kojirō, where Miyamoto used the sunset to blind Sasaki and strike him with his bokken.

Technically it WAS uploaded, but only the raw as usual. 

[spoiler=SM047]

• Litten knocks over the washtub, gets Lycanroc wet and then results in him going on a rampage. (Now what the hell do you think would happen if you threw the whole tub on him)
    • Then again Ash, Litten didn't want a bath either. BECAUSE IT'S A FIRE TYPE.
  • Nebby gets funny and transports Ash to Ten Carat Hill.
  • Gladion nicknamed his Type: NULL "Silvally" (I mean, that's its evolutionary form though all that results is just its helmet going off and it gains a few inches and better speed). Still though, I was kinda expecting it to actually be a legit one.
  • Traces of Midnight Lycanroc are evident this time. 
  • Ash had to walk home from Ten Carat Hill because Nebby went back to sleep. (In-game, it's not that far, but anime-wise, could be a few miles)
  • We find out Lillie's fear of Pokémon is due to Nihilego. Well...let's see how that turns out.
  • No TR this episode. Good.

Technically it WAS uploaded, but only the raw as usual. 

Really? Because I was easily able to find a subbed version of the episode online

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM047]

- Lycanroc got pissed because Litten accidentily tipped the bathtub over it, making it muddy. Ofc Litten is displaying classic fire-type traits by refusing baths (If only I can remember the last time a fire-type had a wash, 'cuz I'm sure it has happened)

- This time on "Where will Nebby take us?" Ash ends up at Ten carat Hill

- Gladion named his Type:Null "Silvally" (To be fair it is one with a confinement mask) and vows to take down the Ultra Beasts with it (including Nebby if it displays UB traits, though he was surprised Lillie named it)

- Gladion questions what makes Ash so "special" (there is Ash-Greninja for example), wondering why Solgaleo/Lunala entrusted Ash with Nebby

- We learn that Lillie's fear of touching pokemon came from an encounter with Nihilego and the events of which were so terrifying that it caused Lillie's memories to be supressed as a result.

- Rotomdex went into detective mode to find Ash, but abandoned that when a broadcast of his favourite detective was about to start.

- I liked the use of a remix of the UB battle music in the fight with Type:Null/Lycanroc (though I'm not surprised Ash lost)

- Gladion makes Ash promise not to tell anyone that he saw Type:Null, especially not to Lillie.

- RIP, Ash had to walk home as Nebby was sleeping

That was yesterday; might be up right now [or was up at the time I wrote my commentary, but didn't see it because of time constraints] or my anime sites are slow as hell.

I normally have to wait like a day to watch the episodes as the sites I normally use tend to not have the episode up on time, so I look elsewhere (and somehow stumble across a subbed version).

EDIT: new episode title

Episode 993: Faba Strikes Back! Nebby Gets Abducted!! (November 16th)

I normally have to wait like a day to watch the episodes as the sites I normally use tend to not have the episode up on time, so I look elsewhere (and somehow stumble across a subbed version).

EDIT: new episode title

Episode 993: Faba Strikes Back! Nebby Gets Abducted!! (November 16th)

[spoiler Okay]

See this:

THAT IS WHAT I WANNA DO TO FABA! Of course Pokemon only fight pokemon, but... I can get Captain Falcon to Falcon Punch Faba in the face.

Just ignore him.

[spoiler=SM048]

• Nebby, you damn well funked up and gave Lillie dirty flashbacks about what happened. (Well, blame Type: NULL for this but in a way, you teleported her to it, so...)
    • Well Ash didn't break his promise, but...
  • Apparently Z-move imitation contest and Kiawe just happened to charge up his and destroy the house. He's the only one who even HAS a Fire Z-Crystal. 
  • Fighting over television; Sophocles wants to watch Professor Oak, Rotom with that detective series, Lana to watch Water Pokémon and Kiawe to watch baseball.
    • Ohai 'Olu'olu.
    • Also this is what happens at the Y and other communal areas, except replace it with surfing. 
  • Munchlax ate all the food. Yo Ash, you remember your own Snorlax or did your mind blank out over the years?
  • Lillie misses Lusamine, but...

Just ignore him.

[spoiler=SM048]

• Nebby, you damn well funked up and gave Lillie dirty flashbacks about what happened. (Well, blame Type: NULL for this but in a way, you teleported her to it, so...)
    • Well Ash didn't break his promise, but...
  • Apparently Z-move imitation contest and Kiawe just happened to charge up his and destroy the house. He's the only one who even HAS a Fire Z-Crystal. 
  • Fighting over television; Sophocles wants to watch Professor Oak, Rotom with that detective series, Lana to watch Water Pokémon and Kiawe to watch baseball.
    • Ohai 'Olu'olu.
    • Also this is what happens at the Y and other communal areas, except replace it with surfing. 
  • Munchlax ate all the food. Yo Ash, you remember your own Snorlax or did your mind blank out over the years?
  • Lillie misses Lusamine, but...

[spoiler yeah, NICE GOING NEBBY!]

YOU JUST SET LILLIE'S RECOVERY BACK!

Just ignore him.

Hard to ignore Faba when he's planning to abduct Nebby after he has his failures exposed  :Kappa:  . (had to stay on-topic)

Though in all seriousness, I've seen people say (whilst discussing the episode) that the AF arc will probs end by the end of the year or something, which is something I'm sceptical of.

EDIT:

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM048]

- Wow, Hobbes is such a perv, filming Lillie without permission like that

- Ofc Lillie would win the game of hide and seek when Nebby touched her legs, winning the loft for the girls.

- The group had a Z-Move pose game, and ofc Kiawe would take it so seriously that he'd wreck the place. Rotomdex even suggested at the end that viewers should try it at school.

- Of course Munchlax would eat all the food. (You'd think they'd have accommodated for that possibility, but nope, have to flesh out the episode a bit more by having Kukui/Burnet get more food... and reminisce about childhood too)

- Ah yes, the classic fighting over the TV argument (Sophocoles wanting to watch Oak, Lana; fishing, Rotom; detective repeats, Kiawe; baseball), at least the argument ceased whilst watching said game... specifically Oluolu

- Burnet suggests that Lillie should try talking to Lusamine properly as the former said that she often sees Lusamine looking at pics of Lillie/Gladion

- Well, funking, done, Nebby! That piece of sheet reverted Lillie back to how she was at the start of SM.

EDIT 2: new episode titles

Episode 994: EffortfuLillie! A Determined Runaway Act! (November 23rd)

Episode 995: The Altar of the Sunne! Solgaleo Descends!! (November 30th)

Episode 996: Hurry Up! Operation: Rescue Lusamine!! (December 7th) 

The first features Lillie and Gladion. The second features Ash going to Poni Island to meet Solgaleo, only to discover the Guardian Dieties of the Alola Region there. The final episode features Ash & Co. going through the Ultra Wormhole to hunt for Lusamine

Archived