Pocket Monsters: Sun & Moon

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I had to watch it on Youtube last night (that, and I was grading stuff for that CC event among other things)

[spoiler=SM049]

• Faba is an jabroni confirmed. Trying to steal Type: NULL
  • Team Rocket said "screw you Faba, we ain't working for you anymore"
  • Type: NULL evolves and Lillie remembers that it SAVED her and can touch Pokémon again. OK Nebby, you are technically forgiven...sort of.
  • Daily reminder that Pikachu is still trash in fighting. 
  • Something with Ash getting yelled at by Gladion about this. (In his defense, Nebby was the one who teleported Lillie, and Ash had nothing to do with it.)

Yeah, I had to watch it on Youtube last night (that, and I was grading stuff for that CC event among other things)

[spoiler=SM049]

• Faba is an jabroni confirmed. Trying to steal Type: NULL
  • Team Rocket said "screw you Faba, we ain't working for you anymore"
  • Type: NULL evolves and Lillie remembers that it SAVED her and can touch Pokémon again. OK Nebby, you are technically forgiven...sort of.
  • Daily reminder that Pikachu is still trash in fighting. 
  • Something with Ash getting yelled at by Gladion about this. (In his defense, Nebby was the one who teleported Lillie, and Ash had nothing to do with it.)

[spoiler On that we can agree]

It's nice to see honorable Team Rocket.

So, what will the Memories look like?

So counting all episodes broadcast during the show's regular timeslot and side story episodes (except movie prologues), SM049 is officially the 1000th episode, well then...

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM049]

- Yeah Gladion would have a go at Ash for what happened with Lillie, and didn't care about Ash saying it was Nebby's fault, telling him to not blame it

- Faba steals Type:Null and claims that Lusamine wants it back too, a fact which was later proved to be bullshit when Gladion met with Lusamine

- Lillie becomes determined to regain her memories, starting with the happy ones when Nebby warped them to different places from their childhood

- Once Faba revealed he wants to wipe Lillie's memory, that was the last straw for Team Rocket and they decided to leave (saying they stand on the side of righteous evil), which means one thing; Bewear will start to make appearances again

- Gladion stated that it had been Lusamine's dream to meet an Ultra Beast, but questioned that after what had happened back then, even saying Faba might've lied to her as well.

- "Hypno uses Hypnosis"... I think Ash has forgotten how he dealt with that in Sinnoh, and got cornered by Teleport. 

- Type:Null evolves and saves Lillie like it did before restoring her memories and she is able to touch pokemon again. (On another note, I like how it utilises the memory items, inserting it into its head)

So counting all episodes broadcast during the show's regular timeslot and side story episodes (except movie prologues), SM049 is officially the 1000th episode, well then...

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM049]

- Yeah Gladion would have a go at Ash for what happened with Lillie, and didn't care about Ash saying it was Nebby's fault, telling him to not blame it

- Faba steals Type:Null and claims that Lusamine wants it back too, a fact which was later proved to be bullshit when Gladion met with Lusamine

- Lillie becomes determined to regain her memories, starting with the happy ones when Nebby warped them to different places from their childhood

- Once Faba revealed he wants to wipe Lillie's memory, that was the last straw for Team Rocket and they decided to leave (saying they stand on the side of righteous evil), which means one thing; Bewear will start to make appearances again

- Gladion stated that it had been Lusamine's dream to meet an Ultra Beast, but questioned that after what had happened back then, even saying Faba might've lied to her as well.

- "Hypno uses Hypnosis"... I think Ash has forgotten how he dealt with that in Sinnoh, and got cornered by Teleport. 

- Type:Null evolves and saves Lillie like it did before restoring her memories and she is able to touch pokemon again. (On another note, I like how it utilises the memory items, inserting it into its head)

[spoiler Sweet]

Silvally is like:

"CYBERKEY POWER! Dark type!"

Faba: "You need me!"

Lusamine: "About that... YOU'RE FIRED!"

Lillie: "Mom..."

Lusamine: "No one threatens my kids."

[spoiler=SM050]

• Nebby being dumb in the beginning; uh, you know that Faba wanted you for powers, right? So...IDEK what to tell you.
  • Welp, Lusamine gets taken into the Ultra Wormhole; cue crazy version of her later.
  • Jump roping with Pokémon? What the.
  • TR technically saved it, but in the end, Nebby was dumb enough to Teleport Faba to the basement.
  • Ash tackling Faba was amazing; now if this anime were only rated PG-13 or something so we could have him punch Faba.
  • Nebby evolves to Cosmoem, but only we know that it's an evolution.
    • Good luck trying to carry it Ash, unless you want to try carrying the equivalent of my (parent's) car in your bag.
  • Lillie, you shouldn't have come, but at least Lusamine cares for you and Gladion.

[spoiler=SM050]

• Nebby being dumb in the beginning; uh, you know that Faba wanted you for powers, right? So...IDEK what to tell you.
  • Welp, Lusamine gets taken into the Ultra Wormhole; cue crazy version of her later.
  • Jump roping with Pokémon? What the.
  • TR technically saved it, but in the end, Nebby was dumb enough to Teleport Faba to the basement.
  • Ash tackling Faba was amazing; now if this anime were only rated PG-13 or something so we could have him punch Faba.
  • Nebby evolves to Cosmoem, but only we know that it's an evolution.
    • Good luck trying to carry it Ash, unless you want to try carrying the equivalent of my (parent's) car in your bag.
  • Lillie, you shouldn't have come, but at least Lusamine cares for you and Gladion.

[spoiler Checked on Cosmoem]

*Insert Futurama Dark Matter Clip here*

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM050]
- Ofc Faba would be nowhere to be seen after what had happened. He needed to make sure what he has planned next goes without a hitch
- Lillie making up for lost time by touching all the pokemon, though Nebby didn't appreciate it... and add in an explosion from Turtonator too

- Kek at Team Rocket being triggered by such a shoddy disguise, at least they were temporarily able to grab Nebby
- Oh, hello Bewear after a 5 episode absence (and what a good bunch of episodes they were too  :Kappa: )
- Not surprised Lillie's house has a private jet as well
- Ash with the tackle strat
- And the dumbest move of the episode award goes to Lusamine for sending a Fairy-type against Nihilego. Second goes to Gladion for the Air Slash
- Nebby evolves, ofc it's still a mystery to everyone including Rotomdex (ofc it got Tapu Koko's attention)
- Lusamine is taken by Nihilego... bye

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM050]

- And the dumbest move of the episode award goes to Lusamine for sending a Fairy-type against Nihilego. Second goes to Gladion for the Air Slash

[spoiler=to be fair]

We could assume that they don't know what type Nihilego is, because that info wasn't given until we actually caught the thing in-game (or you datamined it early). From our perspective, yeah, it was a bad idea for them.

Then again, I don't expect any of them there, bar maybe Faba to have any Psychic or Ground 'mons on them. (Also Water, but I doubt Lusamine has a Milotic at this time; would've helped)

[spoiler=to be fair]

We could assume that they don't know what type Nihilego is, because that info wasn't given until we actually caught the thing in-game (or you datamined it early). From our perspective, yeah, it was a bad idea for them.

Then again, I don't expect any of them there, bar maybe Faba to have any Psychic or Ground 'mons on them. (Also Water, but I doubt Lusamine has a Milotic at this time; would've helped)

[spoiler=Response]

Then again, characters in the anime tend to use not very effective moves from time to time, even if they knew the type of the opponent.

[spoiler latest episode happened]

I'm surprised Lillie and Gladion didn't get Draconium Z.

[spoiler=To be fair]

Hala stated in SM009 that Totems don't always leave Z-crystals, though I'm not surprised it didn't leave one tbph

[spoiler=Thoughts on SM051]

- Of course Faba would blame Lusamine after what happened

- More anime logic happening, Ash being able to lift Cosmoem without any effort 

- Lillie becomes Z-Lillie (we knew it was gonna happen at some point) and is determined to save Lusamine, with Gladion's help of course. Though the moment was kinda meh

- Hala recalls a legend that was passed down from one Kahuna to the next about the Altar

- It's a good thing Gladion knew about the traps otherwise Lillie would've been screwed (though minus 5 points for Lillie thinking there was a invisible bridge)

- Gladion and Lillie showed some decent teamwork against Totem Kommo-o and its allies, though said allies didn't make it easy (as in knocking the memory from Gladion's hand). I will say this, some people thought Silvally was nerfed so that Lillie can play a part in the fight, though I'd have to disagree. Having said that, some people complained that Shiron is still spamming Powder Snow. Though I'm not surprised Kommo-o didn't leave a Z-crystal upon its defeat tbph (Hala did say that Totems don't always leave Z-crystals, then again it'd just collect dust anyway as neither has any dragon moves atm)

- All the Tapus appear at the altar (meaning sheet will go down soon)

[spoiler=preview]

Looks like this is when Ash will get the Z-Power Ring, and also use the Solganium Z in conjunction with Solgaleo

And literally every other villain who refuses to take responsibility for their actions. It is a common trope to be fair.

That's true.

[spoiler So...]

You do know Ash will have to release Solgaleo eventually. I mean it's awesome he will have a Legendary, but he can't keep it. It'll be like the Zygarde scenario from XY and Z all over again.

Also, Ash vs. Mother Beast Lusamine, will it go down like Slayers or Yugioh?

Slayers Scenario:

Gladion: Mother please! Now you must choose! Will you allow your self to be consumed by Nihilego or will you take your vengeance upon it?

Lusamine: Mother beast...

MB Lusamine: Don't interfere!

Lusamine: Oh no, I have chosen, you must be destroyed.

Yugioh scenario:

MB Lusamine: What is happening? AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Lusamine: I'm regaining control of my life!

That's true.

[spoiler So...]

You do know Ash will have to release Solgaleo eventually. I mean it's awesome he will have a Legendary, but he can't keep it. It'll be like the Zygarde scenario from XYZ all over again.

[spoiler=Response]

Technically Ash doesn't own it (he's caring for it), much like how Z1 wasn't owned by anyone, so it wouldn't be released persay, but rather leaving on it's own accord.

Okay,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siRp4uqWMpQ

This could soon come to pass.

That particular vid is actually fake though. I did some digging and I found out that said vid has been around since June.

In confirmed news however, a new episode title;

Episode 997: Shine, Z-Power Ring! A Super Fully Powered 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt!! (December 14th)

EDIT (Thursday): even more episode titles;

Episode 998: Thank You, Solgaleo! You are Our Nebby!! (December 29th)

Episode 999: A Strong Sleeper: Komala's Secret (December 28th)

The first features the fallout of the Ultra Beast incident while the second episode features Samson Oak talking about Komala in time for Jigglypuff to appear and cause trouble

So we're basically wrapping up the S/M plot after this, and then more mundane stuff with the school life. (Uh Ash, would it kill you to do your 'Ula'ula trials too?)

But yeah, episode, for most part, was good.

Ash would have to go through Acerola's trial, and if Jessie's Mimikyu could beat the stuffing out of Pikachu, the Totem Mimikyu would straight-up kill it. Then there's the Electric trial, oh wait, Ash has Electrium-Z already. Then there's Guzma and Plumeria, provided Plumeria appears in the anime at all. THEN, will he battle Nanu and thus, USUM will take presidence.

Ash would have to go through Acerola's trial, and if Jessie's Mimikyu could beat the stuffing out of Pikachu, the Totem Mimikyu would straight-up kill it. Then there's the Electric trial, oh wait, Ash has Electrium-Z already. Then there's Guzma and Plumeria, provided Plumeria appears in the anime at all. THEN, will he battle Nanu and thus, USUM will take presidence.

Electric first, then Ghost and deal with Nanu later. But at the same time, yeah, Ash already got the Electrium Z so that'll likely fall to Sophocles if he even bothers to get better. 

Ghost trial will have to wait until Ash gets a Ghost 'mon to make use of it (or learns a Ghost move). We don't know yet, or Jessie might do it (if/only if she ever gets a Z-ring). 

Dark is the only one that's guaranteed (for now), but then we don't know how it'll pan out. 

====

If you figured out by now, the anime has broken dramatically with the Sun/Moon plot, and the bigger Team Skull members might not show up as much. We'll have to see how they go forward with the series; we're getting a rehash of the final Lusamine fight, but whether or not we also get the Ultra Necrozma thing is another matter. 

(IDK if you even made it that far, so I'll leave it at that)

Electric first, then Ghost and deal with Nanu later. But at the same time, yeah, Ash already got the Electrium Z so that'll likely fall to Sophocles if he even bothers to get better. 

Ghost trial will have to wait until Ash gets a Ghost 'mon to make use of it (or learns a Ghost move). We don't know yet, or Jessie might do it (if/only if she ever gets a Z-ring). 

Dark is the only one that's guaranteed (for now), but then we don't know how it'll pan out. 

====

If you figured out by now, the anime has broken dramatically with the Sun/Moon plot, and the bigger Team Skull members might not show up as much. We'll have to see how they go forward with the series; we're getting a rehash of the final Lusamine fight, but whether or not we also get the Ultra Necrozma thing is another matter. 

(IDK if you even made it that far, so I'll leave it at that)

I was gonna get the games, but the checks I was gonna use to get them were issued in the summer, so I'll wait, but not too long, wanna get those Dusk Form Lycanroc's for both US and UM.

Yeah, I'd also expect Sophocoles to do the electric trial if at all.

As for the Ghost trial, I think we'd have to wait till Ash gets a ghost move as all the ghosts from Alola have debuted already (and if the writers wanted to give him a ghost-type, they'd have done so already if you know what I mean), and I think the reason why they've been rushing the plot is because they haven't bothered to improve Ash's team ('mons or moves-wise) in ages.

Archived