Fire Emblem Heroes

Astro Dude

Ideally he'd be a fast armor unit since canonically he's fast as funk despite the armor so he might not have Wary Fighter, but we'll see.

We will indeed. After all the Black Knight is one of the best units and toughest bosses in all Fire Emblem history. He does have low Res but even up against Blue Mages it doesn't matter, unless it's Reinheart and Olwen. Oh wait, BK does have high speed, so at lv 40 he'd be faster than almost any blue mage.

Basically BK is a combo of Zephiel and Hector. Zephiel cause he's an armored sword unit, and Hector because Alondite gives him distance counter, like Siegfried, Xander's signature legendary weapon. My guess, the only thing that can even scratch BK is Ragnell, so the only unit that can do damage against him is Ike. Good thing I have him.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just as expected we get some more "Enigmatic blade: Marth" from the mini tempest trials. Useful for merging, not much else given 'he' has no skills to inherit. Also another chance to het the strongest seal released ao far: "Quickened pulse". We are also getting "distant defense 1" as a seal; that is quite cool and can be useful for somw units.

As for the topic of Black Knight, I highly doubt only Ragnel can take him down. Not everyone has access to it, making it quite unfair (eapecially if he shows up in arena with such a skill). Also, the video showed "Brave Mercenary: Ike" dealing damage to Black Knight using Urvan. At most I'd expect him to have an enemy only seal akin to "Embla ward" which protects him against non-legendary weapons.

"Not much else" seems like an underestimation considering how strong of a sword lord Lucina is, even if she's no Ryoma or Ike. At the new max possible of +3, Masked version goes up to 45/51/37/26/20 with Falchion which is quite good. You typically replace pretty much all of Lucina's base kit anyways except for Luna/Aether so starting with no skills is much less of a downside than you'd think. Tobin and Clive having skills is fine because they're pretty bad units, but even with skills they're worse unit rewards.

EDIT: Actually I guess your wording is specifically talking about the extra copies having not much else aside from merging, that's fair. But they are fantastic rewards to anyone who missed them the first time.

EDIT: Actually I guess your wording is specifically talking about the extra copies having not much else aside from merging, that's fair. But they are fantastic rewards to anyone who missed them the first time.

Bingo, that is what I was refering to. She can be used to inherit a regular "silver sword"; that is it. Aside from merging you could create a defense team of multiple "Enigmatic blade: Marth" to try overwhelm with red. Yet another option - that is rather niche - is building each in a different way, so you can pick an alternate build during arena assault which better suits the enemies. But it is indeed nice that newer players can also get her.

Okay, I didn't get Lyn but I kinda lucked out. I got not one, but two Ninians. One with +HP -Spd, the other with -HP +Def. Also, I got a 4* Henry with Ignis. Anyone I can pass Ignis off to and which of the two Ninians should I keep?

Ninian prefers as much speed as she can get to avoid getting doubled as much doubles as possible (effectivly halving damage). Therefore I'd go with -hp, +def.

As for Ignis, any unit with a killer/slayer weapon with high defense can benefit from it. Some units might also want green tome breaker (Julia and Nino for example), of which Henry is currently the only wielder.

Edit: a twitter poll asks which of four units should be distributed for free is live. You can choose between: Palla, Catria, Est and Narcian. The game's bulletin board links to it.

Bingo, that is what I was refering to. She can be used to inherit a regular "silver sword"; that is it. Aside from merging you could create a defense team of multiple "Enigmatic blade: Marth" to try overwhelm with red. Yet another option - that is rather niche - is building each in a different way, so you can pick an alternate build during arena assault which better suits the enemies. But it is indeed nice that newer players can also get her.

Ninian prefers as much speed as she can get to avoid getting doubled as much doubles as possible (effectivly halving damage). Therefore I'd go with -hp, +def.

As for Ignis, any unit with a killer/slayer weapon with high defense can benefit from it. Some units might also want green tome breaker (Julia and Nino for example), of which Henry is currently the only wielder.

Edit: a twitter poll asks which of four units should be distributed for free is live. You can choose between: Palla, Catria, Est and Narcian. The game's bulletin board links to it.

Unless it's someone I don't have, not interested. I mean, I already have these units.

And I went for the -hp +def Ninian. Also, Eliwood, Hector and Ninian are kicking butt in Tempest Trials. I may go for the 50,000 prize. Also, Masked Marth has no skills other than weapons. What would be a good build for her?

As for Ignis, the problem is most armored units have Escutheon for a skill. I'm thinking of giving Ignis to Effie.

bump: Went for one more go with Brave Heroes. I got worthless heroes again. Shanna, Leon, Claire, and Cecelia. I merged them all but Leon with their respectives. Leon has Ignis I'll transfer it to someone else, that or the Speed + skills. Notice I only put four worthless heroes, the only one worthwhile I got is Soren. I think this is a gift from the great beyond considering we'll have the Black Knight and Nephenee to deal with.

Good news, I'm nearing 20k feathers again. And I'm thinking of upping my Eliwood instead of Gunter. I mean, my mini tempest trial team consists of Eliwood, Hector, Klein and Ninian.

But I'll give up on the Brave Heroes banner and move on to the next one. I've also been using Mini tempest trials to up heroes who have yet to get their 4* skills.

Approaching 5% pity. This brave banner is starting to get on my nerves. Ill pull once more tomorrow with the free orbs.

enjoy getting spooked by SI units/sheet units

I got to 5% then got spooked by Luke, which, while good, is certainly no Roy.

EDIT: Rolled after this then immediately pulled Ike ayyyy

Okay, I did get a 4* Leon which has all three Speed +'s, so I had Ninian inherit them She didn't have an A skill so, Wynaut?. Also, I'm close to 35k points in TT Mini. And to think, we still have 2 days of this left. I'm using this as an opportunity to give any of my 4* units a workout for SP since my main three for this: Eliwood, which I recently upgraded to 5* and gave him Durandal and his last remaining skill, Hector and Ninian have more than 1k SP, why not? So far, I worked on Hawkeye, which is the WORST unit by far because of his low speed, minimal damage output and the fact that everything can double him is dumb I gave up on him after he learned Threaten ATK 2. Now I'm working on Peri, and after her, I'll work on another 4 star unit that needs to learn a skill. I will say this, I will give Brave Heroes one more go before moving on to the next story banner. And I can't wait for the next Tempest Trial. Who will be the hero we get?

edit: I got jipped again, the only GOOD hero I got is Lachesis. Everyone else is fodder. Well, I'll get those final few orbs. Maybe by next banner I'll get someone good.

I got a similar nature, and tbh I'm probably just going to stick him with Fury and do my best to salvage my poor boy's speed stat

I suggest Darting Blow+Speed Seal if you're not running him in Horse Emblem. +ATK would push him to 54 ATK before skills so he's already solid there, and he's a player phase nuke anyway so Darting Blow+seal would bring him to 38 Speed before buffs if he attacks.

I suggest Darting Blow+Speed Seal if you're not running him in Horse Emblem. +ATK would push him to 54 ATK before skills so he's already solid there, and he's a player phase nuke anyway so Darting Blow+seal would bring him to 38 Speed before buffs if he attacks.

I was actually planning on running him on Horse Emblem, cause the +6 from Hone Cavalry and +3 from Fury will put him at about 40 speed, though I might just stick Darting Blow on him anyway considering he's, like you said a player phase nuke and I only have so much Fury to go around...

Then again considering I'm saving up feathers to fully deck out my Horse Emblem I probably won't be working on him for a while anyway...

Archived