Becoming disabled by choice, not chance: ‘Transabled’ people feel like impostors in their fully working bodies

Ryusei the Morning Star

You know, I really wish I could tell my foreign friends that America wasn't just a breeding ground for mental diseases, but I really can't.

I'm torn, though. On one hand, we haven't had any real strife or conflict in ages over here like in other countries...on the other hand, America makes its own fake drama strife bullshit and at his point the nonexistent grass in a wartorn country is starting to look greener than this sheet.

Thanks for keeping it real, Dad. And hell, all of you. This sheet drives me nuts on my campus where they talk about it more than a religion. And of course, people are entitled to opinions, but the minute your opinion isn't theirs, they attack you like some crazy freak about it. What a damn sad country I live in. 

funk foreign friends, I can't even explain northern Virginia to my friends in southern Virginia 

DC, NYC, and California are barely "America"

But in all honesty, America is likely more sane than say Canada or the UK. Even the adults believe this bullshit there, not just the deluded millennials 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm certain if someone believes they're a disabled person in an able body, that thought in itself is signs of psychosis. Or schizophrenia.

But feeling they're a girl in a guy's body isn't?

You know, I really wish I could tell my foreign friends that America wasn't just a breeding ground for mental diseases, but I really can't.

I'm torn, though. On one hand, we haven't had any real strife or conflict in ages over here like in other countries...on the other hand, America makes its own fake drama strife bullshit and at his point the nonexistent grass in a wartorn country is starting to look greener than this sheet.

Thanks for keeping it real, Dad. And hell, all of you. This sheet drives me nuts on my campus where they talk about it more than a religion. And of course, people are entitled to opinions, but the minute your opinion isn't theirs, they attack you like some crazy freak about it. What a damn sad country I live in. 

C3n8rKiUMAA24b1.jpg

POTUS should expand his wall

I'm certain if someone believes they're a disabled person in an able body, that thought in itself is signs of psychosis. Or schizophrenia.

I was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia when I was 16. 

I'm a cis male but sometimes I feel more womanish than others. It's rather difficult not to feel at least somewhat effeminate when you're being used as a jabroni - which happens to be a favourite pastime of mine.

12784682_10205818773094109_180625736_n.j

As for people who are disabled and people who injure themselves, for sure they're out there. Some people want to be dead and end up that way. It's unfortunate, but you've gotta work with the hand you're dealt.

I was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia when I was 16. 

I'm a cis male but sometimes I feel more womanish than others. It's rather difficult not to feel at least somewhat effeminate when you're being used as a jabroni - which happens to be a favourite pastime of mine.

12784682_10205818773094109_180625736_n.j

As for people who are disabled and people who injure themselves, for sure they're out there. Some people want to be dead and end up that way. It's unfortunate, but you've gotta work with the hand you're dealt.

giphy.gif

I give up man. I'm too triggered to speak atm. Check your privilege you white male

I've had glasses since grade 3 or thereabouts, to anyone thinking of transabling to impaired vision I'd advise against it. I have various women's clothes for encounters with people who like that sort of thing. Planning to get a haircut in the next few days as part of my father's birthday, he's been nagging me to get one for some time. 

I... don't quite understand this. Is this one of those cases where someone's life is legitimately improved via removing a limb or something similar? When years of therapy etc couldn't help them? Because that's fine. It's whatever. The human brain is whatever and works in mysterious ways. Let them remove the f***ing limb if it makes them happier. But if it's just an excuse to assume the struggles of something you're not like the following

Transracial

is, solely because you don't like acknowledging your own privilege (I just threw up a little because I hate using that word in this context) and want to feel special, then that's f***ed up.

I... don't quite understand this. Is this one of those cases where someone's life is legitimately improved via removing a limb or something similar? When years of therapy etc couldn't help them? Because that's fine. It's whatever. The human brain is whatever and works in mysterious ways. Let them remove the f***ing limb if it makes them happier. But if it's just an excuse to assume the struggles of something you're not like the following

is, solely because you don't like acknowledging your own privilege (I just threw up a little because I hate using that word in this context) and want to feel special, then that's f***ed up.

Race has nothing to do with privilege. 

Well, this is one way to get front row parking.

But why stop here?!

How about transautism to leech accommodations in college and work?!

And transveteranism to get military discounts at the movies!

And transelderism to live in a retirement home!

Do you think Transracial people exist?

Nah. Only wiggers.

Well, this is one way to get front row parking.

But why stop here?!

How about transautism to leech accommodations in college and work?!

And transveteranism to get military discounts at the movies!

And transelderism to live in a retirement home!

Nah. Only wiggers.

Transgenderism opened a door to a lot of crap

f*** foreign friends, I can't even explain northern Virginia to my friends in southern Virginia 

DC, NYC, and California are barely "America"

But in all honesty, America is likely more sane than say Canada or the UK. Even the adults believe this bullshit there, not just the deluded millennials 

Oh funk off. You'd be hard pressed to find people believing in this bullshit in the UK.Just as I'm sure outside of a superspecific crowd you'd be hard pressed to find people in the US believing in this sheet. Until today, despite having lived in the UK for 20 years, I'd never heard of any of these terms or conditions. Crazy remains crazy, and the UK and US are not so wildly different that we indulged mental health fantasy. I would argue that the mental health service is too defunded for us to be able to indulge into it.

You don't need to try and take cheap shots at regions of the world with more liberal viewpoints than you every time you find a story about some liberal idiots being idiots. It's frankly childish. Because every funking time something like this happens you have to go 'Hurr durr Liberals' or 'hurr durr millennials' or 'hurr durr Europe' as if you are better than those groups. It's never that it's just a bunch of idiots being idiots is it?

Sorry to momentarily derail the thread, here's a bit on topic:

If people legitimately believe they have these conditions, as Phil said it's a sign of a greater underlying neurological condition than just a need to feel special. Mostly because I want to believe very strongly that people in our race aren't stupid enough to maim themselves in order to feel special.

Now personally, once technology advances to the point it'd be worth it, I'd like to replace my legs with prosthetic ones. Even experimentally. But not because I romanticize being disabled. I just want to be a part of evolving humanity through mechanics.

To want to cut an arm off because you feel like you shouldn't have it is dangerous and frankly should be considered self harm ideation, and handled as such.

It's obviously a result of the tone of the article but I'm pretty disappointed in the comments in this thread, which are basically along the lines of "lol what a retard why would you ever do this" when it's quite clear that this is a mental illness which we should actually be trying to help people with rather than just point and laugh. No person in their right mind would voluntarily maim themselves and this goes beyond all this identity politics sheet and into the realm of actually ill people. Comments like the following are pretty insensitive and kinda miss the point, and Gadj is the only person to actually get it.

She probably did it for the funking insurance money.  And everybody like her is funking stupid.

You, and everyone who thinks like you, is funking stupid.  You wanna be handicapped so funking bad?  Come to my house.  I'll help you out.

These type of people are an example of why selective breeding was thought of.

I don't think you need to be a genius to realise the two are not comparable.

edit: This is a much better source than that article on what it's about, it's been a thing since god knows when and you do people who suffer from it a disservice by lumping it in with liberal sjw tumblr sheet

http://www.biid.org/

It's the presentation of the urge to maim oneself as sane and as an "identity issue" to be accepted and indulged rather than as a mental health issue to be concerned about and cured that's prompted ridicule and outrage, particularly from disabled people for whom their disability is so far removed from something they'd have ever wanted.   

I don't think you need to be a genius to realise the two are not comparable.

Body integrity identity disorder

and

Gender identity disorder

Sound like they might have something in common. Anything is comparable; it's not thoughtcrime to do so. 

Oh funk off. You'd be hard pressed to find people believing in this bullshit in the UK.Just as I'm sure outside of a superspecific crowd you'd be hard pressed to find people in the US believing in this sheet. Until today, despite having lived in the UK for 20 years, I'd never heard of any of these terms or conditions. Crazy remains crazy, and the UK and US are not so wildly different that we indulged mental health fantasy. I would argue that the mental health service is too defunded for us to be able to indulge into it.

You don't need to try and take cheap shots at regions of the world with more liberal viewpoints than you every time you find a story about some liberal idiots being idiots. It's frankly childish. Because every funking time something like this happens you have to go 'Hurr durr Liberals' or 'hurr durr millennials' or 'hurr durr Europe' as if you are better than those groups. It's never that it's just a bunch of idiots being idiots is it?

Sorry to momentarily derail the thread, here's a bit on topic:

If people legitimately believe they have these conditions, as Phil said it's a sign of a greater underlying neurological condition than just a need to feel special. Mostly because I want to believe very strongly that people in our race aren't stupid enough to maim themselves in order to feel special.

Let me phrase the question differently in a way that I'm sure the UK and liberal America would yuck it all up

"Should a person be allowed to make consensual body modifications without overwhelming public stigma?"

I wouldn't be hardpressed at all to find support for that lunacy. I'm not taking cheap shots, I'm taking a well reasoned shot since the embrace of transgenderism is an arbitrary red line. These sorta people belong in mental institutions, but since the liberals have gone so far off the deep end, it's not our fault for not being accepting of these people. 

Get out of your groupie more w/o the idea that all conservatives are evil fucks, and maybe you'll see just how batshit crazy the liberals have become

"Should a person be allowed to make consensual body modifications without overwhelming public stigma?"

Honestly? Yes. I would probably advise against it, because what the funk are you doing, but at the same time I have always preferred to live and let live.

But that isn't what this is. This is presenting it as a social movement, debasing debatably similar (but much more valid) things such as transgender rights, as well as spitting in the face of those who actually are disabled, by presenting itself as a matter of ability, rather than a matter of choice.

Let me phrase the question differently in a way that I'm sure the UK and liberal America would yuck it all up

I wouldn't be hardpressed at all to find support for that lunacy. I'm not taking cheap shots, I'm taking a well reasoned shot since the embrace of transgenderism is an arbitrary red line. These sorta people belong in mental institutions, but since the liberals have gone so far off the deep end, it's not our fault for not being accepting of these people. 

Get out of your groupie more w/o the idea that all conservatives are evil f***s, and maybe you'll see just how batshit crazy the liberals have become

I'm sure you'd find support for that statement in a lot of places. Because that statement covers any form of cosmetic surgery as well. It's a horrible form of equivilance as a result because it's incredibly vague. You can get people to agree to essentially anything if you phrase it in a vague enough way.

If you asked "Should a person be allowed to make consensual body modifications, including maiming oneself, without overwhelming public stigma?" you wouldn't get the same level of support because the specifics turn it into a completely different

I fully admit there are insane liberals. Just as there are insane conservatives. I take objection to you using liberal as if it's a dirty word as if all those who have a liberal ideology believe the same kind of bullshit as the regressive left say. It's the same as if I were to say you are one of the evangelical relgious nutjobs because you happen to be right aligned. It's unfair and provocative.

I want you to divorce the idea that the idiotic s*** some liberals do is because they are liberal, as opposed to them just being f***ing idiots or insane as is the case for the body modification. That is what I take objection to, your insistence on slandering an entire half of the poltiical spectrum because of the actions of a handful of people. Because I know that you should be intellegent enough not to believe it.

And I want you to do that because I'm sick of seeing you use liberal as a dirty word in threads without any provocation time and time and time again. It just makes it seem like you continually can't divorce oneself from the argument because you automatically try to get people with opposing viewpoints to feel defensive and insulted. It's really funking tiring and I've asked you not too far too many times.

This is kind of a sidetrack; But do you actually think that I'm one of those sorts of liberals? For reference I don't think that all those with conservative views are evil f***s. I actually embrace a lot more conservative views than I used to as a result od discussion with my fellows at university. I believe this has been reflected in some of my evolved viewpoints over the past few years. So I find the idea that you think I'd be, and involve myself with a bunch of people who believe this s*** is anything other than a sign of mental illness really strange?

Get out of your groupie more w/o the idea that all conservatives are evil f***s, and maybe you'll see just how batshit crazy the liberals have become

God forbid I support the right for people to be free to do whatever they want to their own bodies.

The human body isn't sacred. Happiness is more important than any societal ideal for what one's body should look like.

Archived