Is YCM Good or bad?

cr47t

"Two sides"

The pettiness of you two is getting a bit extreme tbh, especially you PR. It's not a good sign for new members especially to come here and see a mod visibly arguing with a member on a continuous basis. That's not to say white is in the right but you should know better.

I think YCM has done more good than harm over the years and that's a good thing.

It's a good site. It basically always has been. I think it could stand to benefit from some soul searching on behalf of the mods in terms of what lines they want to draw and what the effects of action or inaction will be, but that's not like some catastrophic thing. I think the drama gets played up too much because people live off it. It's really kind of absurd.

Just be good to each other, and to the extent anyone breaks that norm, let them take a break.

The idea that Roxas is the one being petty is hilarious. He's apologized and called for peace multiple times, and Winter has agreed to it. Then, when Roxas tries to do his job of moderating, he gets called out. Give it a break. Mods are here to help things go well. Listen to them. You don't have to agree with them.

"Two sides"

The pettiness of you two is getting a bit extreme tbh, especially you PR. It's not a good sign for new members especially to come here and see a mod visibly arguing with a member on a continuous basis. That's not to say white is in the right but you should know better.

I think YCM has done more good than harm over the years and that's a good thing.

That was my point. I was saying I'm sick of it. And it's not like I'm the one who's making up an idea that there are multiple sides, since I'm trying to stick with the concept that Winter initially presented. At the time when Winter claimed there were loyalists, I refuted the idea, but now I'm trying to agree that it's a problem.

It's a good site. It basically always has been. I think it could stand to benefit from some soul searching on behalf of the mods in terms of what lines they want to draw and what the effects of action or inaction will be, but that's not like some catastrophic thing. I think the drama gets played up too much because people live off it. It's really kind of absurd.

Just be good to each other, and to the extent anyone breaks that norm, let them take a break.

The idea that Roxas is the one being petty is hilarious. He's apologized and called for peace multiple times, and Winter has agreed to it. Then, when Roxas tries to do his job of moderating, he gets called out. Give it a break. Mods are here to help things go well. Listen to them. You don't have to agree with them.

And when I tried to prevent any concerns about me abusing my power, I still got yelled at. People say that there's a problem, and I try to take those concerns into consideration, but when I try to reassure people that I'm taking steps to amend the problem, then suddenly the same people complaining about that problem are telling me that there's no problem to begin with, and that I just "perceived" it, therefore I'm somehow abusing my power. I can understand if I mess up when trying to correct a problem, but if people are going to turn around and say there is no problem, then I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do.

That was my point. I was saying I'm sick of it. And it's not like I'm the one who's making up an idea that there are multiple sides, since I'm trying to stick with the concept that Winter initially presented. At the time when Winter claimed there were loyalists, I refuted the idea, but now I'm trying to agree that it's a problem.

And when I tried to prevent any concerns about me abusing my power, I still got yelled at. People say that there's a problem, and I try to take those concerns into consideration, but when I try to reassure people that I'm taking steps to amend the problem, then suddenly the same people complaining about that problem are telling me that there's no problem to begin with, and that I just "perceived" it, therefore I'm somehow abusing my power. I can understand if I mess up when trying to correct a problem, but if people are going to turn around and say there is no problem, then I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do.

Ignore Dae in that one, your initial post there really was fine. And Cenk was more likely than not joking around imitating the actual Cenk. I don't really like you but in that one instance you did nothing wrong, aside from maybe replying afterwards.

Winter can be wrong. My loyalists are less loyal than you might think. But the best rallying cry tends to be an overzealous jabroni.

There are not so much winter and roxas loyalists, as there are anti-winter and anti-roxas loyalists. Best example would be swapping you for Draco, and the same group forms. 

Basically what I'm saying, is the "loyalists" from out of distaste for us, rather out of agreement w/ us

It was a joke, starting with the topic, and ending with all the responses on it. 

Black made it clear he did it on discord, party why Kook and I were making satire topics about it. 

Anyway, I think w/ Link Summons incoming, we might be able to pull some of the old bloods back into the game. Zauls, Zarkus, and Cowcow have already shown interest.

Throw in Tormey getting YCMaker to return and fix stuff, there's hope for this place. 

Anyway, I think w/ Link Summons incoming, we might be able to pull some of the old bloods back into the game. Zauls, Zarkus, and Cowcow have already shown interest.

>not listing me

I see how it is.

As for the whole roxas winter thing: It's overblown. Wahrheit is right in saying we play up the drama. Literally who cares. There isn't a crazy conspiracy against anyone, and neither side is on some righteous quest. The fact that it has reached this point is silly. Should have just been dropped at the apology tbh. (This goes for both sides)

Archived