Hero Academia: Rise Above Max Omega! [My Hero Academia RP/Co-Hosted by Chaos Sonic and Yui/pg-13/IC/NA]

Mr. Hyde

MX55gTQ.png

The bottle of milk tea that Creed had launched exploded in midair, almost spontaneously, dousing the new student, in the sugar-filled drink. Before that, he introduced himself as Akira, specifically stating that his name didn’t mean “light.” Creed stared at the new kid, stifling a laugh, when he heard Gin’s voice approaching.

“Say,” he growled, “that’s some hero-like behavior right there.”

Creed looked towards Gin to respond, but promptly noticed something about the boy. He couldn’t quite put his finger on it, but Gin looked… different. Creed sat there, blankly staring at the blue-haired boy as he racked his memory to figure out what was different about Gin. Gin, in the meantime, exploded towards the new kid, yelling at him in usual Gin fashion. Meanwhile, Aaron spoke out again, yelling in the same way that he did before the Kashyyyk trip the week before. Creed’s mind was focused on Gin; he had no intention of trying to process whatever it was Aaron went on about.

“Is he always like this? It seems tiresome keeping up with these pointless angry types.” Creed had gotten up and was walking closer to Gin. As he stood next to him, Asuka spoke up in response.

“He’s always like this,” she sighed. “I’m pretty sure his heart’s in the right place, though.”

Creed put a hand on Gin’s head and ruffled his hair. “Yeah, don’t worry. He’s pretty harmless.” After being aggressively pushed away by Gin, he moved along to talk with the new kid further. Akira commented further on the situation of the room.

“Is anyone in this room sane?”

“Probably not.” He had made a seat out of an adjacent desk as he drank from his own bottle of tea. “Probably explains why you’re doused in sugar and milk. I mean, who could have done something like that?” He joked, shifting his eyes around and tipping his finger on his chin.

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mike

"Is anyone in this room sane?"

Various other students offered their own answers, some tongue-in-cheek and others more serious. Inwardly, the stress was building inside between the milk-tea incident and the way Gin was reaction. Do we get to try out our costumes soon or...? Mike thought to himself as he desperately hoped for a means to have himself rescued from class.

“Probably not," Creed replied, sitting down at his desk with a smug grin on his face. “Probably explains why you’re doused in sugar and milk. I mean, who could have done something like that?”

Does he think he's funny? Mike wondered as his expression betrayed his annoyance. He also secretly hoped that Gin would finally crack, injure Creed enough to get him kicked out of class and get himself kicked out of class. Mike buried this thought with another drink of coffee and another bite of his cookie.

"Is anyone in this room sane?" The new kid asked. Terro shrugged. He didn't have a good idea what sane was, but...

"I mean, we did rush in fighting villains way out of our league. I'm sure most would call that insane," Terro commented as he folded his arms. Looking over, he saw Isami approach him. The two didn't talk too much, so this would be a good opportunity to talk to him more.

"I'm sure he didn't mean what he said to offend us... right?" Isami asked. Terro rubbed his chin as he thought about it.

"I don't think so," Terro said. "I think that he's like me... unsure of how to interact with people," He paused. "Or an... 'idiot'," He added, not exactly sure what it meant, but he knew it wasn't a good thing. 

HE70W3a.jpg?1

As Aaron went on with his speech, Gin didn't so much as give the boy a single glance.  What was he whining about now?  Him calling Gin the complainer was truly something to behold.  Although he had nothing to add to the nonsensical sense of self-righteousness the boy possessed, he couldn't help but grind his teeth as the boy continued to go on and on, continuing to insult the prodigy of the class.  

"I don't have time to respond to the complaints of weaklings.  If you think you can talk to me like that with such a weak Quirk...then be a man about it.  You think one response is going to changer your character in?  Get real punk."  Gin calmly growled, as the boy had left the room.  

"You seem like you were offended personally by my comment. Were you the first one down, or something?" 

The comment made Gin go completely silent for a split second.  The fact that his most powerful move, End Sniper, was so easily shrugged off by the pinnacle of villainy really had messed him up this past week.  It was a move he never thought he would use while in school, a move so dangerous that he had never had the thought of practicing it.  He had ran scenario's through his mind of how to produce it, and how to not blow his hand up while firing ... but the fact of the matter was that it proved useless.  He wasn't even scratched in the fight physically...but his pride on the other hand.  His open finger curled into a fist. 

"As if...It was one of these losers who went down first.  I think it was Ichiro.  That kid's lame quirk almost got him killed."  Gin pointed a thumb to his chest.  "I did more damage than Suna, or even Omega Star did!  I bet you couldn't even fathom to think of what my Quirk could be!  HAH!  It'd make you run back to your school for the Quirk Impaired!"   

“Is he always like this? It seems tiresome keeping up with these pointless angry types.”

"POINTLESS ANGRY TYPES?!"  He exploded, yet again.  

"He's always like this," Asuka sighed in response. "I'm pretty sure his heart's in the right place though." 

"I AM NOT!  AND I HAVE NO HEART!"  Gin's finger now pointed at Asuka, as it quaked with anticipation.  

"Is anyone in this room sane?"

Ed751i6.jpg

Ino raised her hand.  

"I think I'm practically sane...although I never thought I'd have to openly express that....maybe me having to say it out loud is a bit contradictory...I mean, what sane person has to admit they're sane, amiright?"  Ino kept yammering on.  

"I didn't know idiots could be sane..."  Gin groaned.  

"I represent that statement!"  Ino said, smacking her desk as she stood up.

"It's resent...idiot."  Gin said, lowering his finger from Asuka's target painted body.  

HQiOaTA.png?1

It wasn't too long after all the student's were in their seats again until Suna returned with Madame Mic in tow.  

"Students.  I'm sure you all know by now, but this is Madam Mic.  She will be with us today as we pick out our code names.  These names will be continued to be used throughout your entire hero career.  I imagine you have had one in your head ever since you've wanted to become a hero.  No profanity or anything of the like will be tolerated."  There was the sound similar to Sayuri etching on her white board, as Madam Mic turned her own white board over.  

'In other words, your very own Hero Name!  Choose carefully!  ╰(・∇・╰)'

Suna nodded before continuing.  

"And after that...you all have the option of choosing a faculty member, or approved Hero, to give you advice and preparations for the upcoming U.A. Class Tournament.  You will study under them for the next week, and learn from their past experiences.  Maybe you'll even spar with them, as they give you pointers in how to better use your Quirks in combat."  Suna shrugged.  "Or they could be lazy and not do that...some poor sap chose me last year."  He coughed, looking away from the students.  "My house had never been cleaner."  Suna then walked beside his desk.  "Now, you can take your time, but go on ahead and come up.  Then present your name." 

"I've been waiting for this day!  I've been researching all kind's of stuff, and one thing sounds totally cool in my head!"  Ino's desk was practically levitating off the ground before she hopped up in front of the class.  On the chalkboard she wrote out her hero name, and title.  

"Shaking Hero: Vibrator"!

Turning around triumphantly, she saw Madam Mic's face turn a shade of red that would make an angry Gin's confidence shot.  She turned to Suna, who only stared out the window, barely able to contain his laughter.  Ino scratched her cheek, wondering what the problem was.  She turned back to Madam Mic, who was rapidly writing on her board.  

'Todoya, that is too lewd for a hero (⁄ ⁄•⁄ω⁄•⁄ ⁄)⁄ .  Unbecoming for such a young lady...'  

Looking back at the name, Ino tilted her head.  She didn't get it, but maybe it wasn't such a good name.  It had to have already been taken!    

"Well...I learned a lot about earthquakes last year...so maybe this will work..."  She said, erasing her previous name, writing over the chalky ashes.

"Quaking Hero: Epicenter!" 

She jumped, looking at the expressions of the class.  She then turned to Madam Mic who giggled a bit.  On her white board she wrote: 

'How Appropriate ┗|・o・|┛!'

As Ino returned to her desk, Suna and Madam Mic stood patiently, awaiting the next student.  

After a few minutes of calming down, Aaron noticed Suna with Madam Mic walking back to the class. Promptly, Aaron got back up and went back into class with head down just hoping Gin wasn’t looking at him. Shortly after sitting down, everyone went back to their seats as Suna and Madam Mic walked in. "Students.  I'm sure you all know by now, but this is Madam Mic.  She will be with us today as we pick out our code names.  These names will be continued to be used throughout your entire hero career.  I imagine you have had one in your head ever since you've wanted to become a hero.  No profanity or anything of the like will be tolerated."

'In other words, your very own Hero Name!  Choose carefully!  (・∇・╰)'

"And after that...you all have the option of choosing a faculty member, or approved Hero, to give you advice and preparations for the upcoming U.A. Class Tournament.  You will study under them for the next week, and learn from their past experiences.  Maybe you'll even spar with them, as they give you pointers on how to better use your Quirks in combat. Or they could be lazy and not do that...some poor sap chose me last year. My house had never been cleaner. Now, you can take your time, but go on ahead and come up.  Then present your name." 

Ino was the first to go up and declare her hero name as “Epicenter” after trying "Vibrator". Most of the class was trying to hold back laughter, but like Ino, Aaron didn't get it. As Ino went back to her seat, Aaron got up next just to get it out of the way. Turning to Suna and Madam Mic while writing on the board, “I would like to spend my week with Principle Glory if that is possible.” Then turning to the class, “Voltage. . .” He wasn’t as exited out talking in front of the class, but he accomplished the task. Aaron erased the board for the next student before returning to his seat.

MX55gTQ.png

A short amount of time passed and all the students had returned to their seats. Suna returned to the classroom, with the school’s resident announcer, Madam Mic, following behind.

“Students. I’m sure you all know by now, but this is Madam Mic. She will be with us today as we pick out our code names. These names will be continued to be used throughout your entire hero career. I imagine you have had one in your head ever since you’ve wanted to become a hero. No profanity or anything of the like will be tolerated.”

Madam Mic presented her own words on a white board, just like Sayuri.

[in other words, your very own Hero Name! Choose carefully! ╰(・∇・╰)]

“And after that, you all have the option of choosing a faculty member, or approved Hero, to give you advice and preparations for the upcoming U.A. Class Tournament. You will study under them for the next week, and learn from their past experiences. Maybe you’ll even spar with them, as they give you pointers in how to better use your Quirks in combat.” Suna droned on about someone he tutored the previous year while Creed thought of a name.

While Creed was thinking, Ino went first. She presented her name as “Shaking Hero: Vibrator.” Creed tried to hold back a laugh, which failed and manifested as a loud snort. Madam Mic blushed and quickly scribbled something onto her board. After reading what Madam Mic had to say, Ino changed her name to "Quaking Hero: Epicenter." Madam Mic described it as “appropriate” with another cutesy emote after it. After Ino was Aaron. He asked the teachers if he could train with the principal, and then mumbled his hero name as he scribbled "Voltage" on the board. After Aaron returned to his seat, Creed took his turn. He stood in front of the board and began writing in surprisingly legible handwriting.

こうそく.........................................................

「高速のヒーロー・GTO」

"Hi-speed Hero: GTO"

Expecting a bit of confusion, Creed went on to a short explanation. “The GTO is a really old car that my dad used to keep in the garage when I was little. He spent a lot on restoring it and maintaining it, and he even gave it a better engine. It was one of the first high-speed rides I can remember, so that’s where my name comes from.” He quickly turned towards the teachers to say one more thing before returning to his seat. “Dibs on Omega training.”

F7eoyPD.jpg

iU8EggM.png

"You seem like you were offended personally by my comment. Were you the first one down, or something?" 

"As if...It was one of these losers who went down first. I think it was Ichiro. That kid's lame quirk almost got him killed."

Ichiro heard his name mentioned by Gin when talking to the new kid. He sighed a bit and decided to wave when the new guy probably looked to see who Gin was referring to. "T-That would be me..." he said sheepishly, sighing before going quiet again.

iU8EggM.png

"Students. I'm sure you all know by now, but this is Madam Mic. She will be with us today as we pick out our code names. These names will be continued to be used throughout your entire hero career. I imagine you have had one in your head ever since you've wanted to become a hero. No profanity or anything of the like will be tolerated."

'In other words, your very own Hero Name!  Choose carefully!  ╰(・∇・╰)'

"And after that...you all have the option of choosing a faculty member, or approved Hero, to give you advice and preparations for the upcoming U.A. Class Tournament.  You will study under them for the next week, and learn from their past experiences. Maybe you'll even spar with them, as they give you pointers in how to better use your Quirks in combat. Or they could be lazy and not do that...some poor sap chose me last year. My house had never been cleaner. Now, you can take your time, but go on ahead and come up. Then present your name."

Hero names. This was something Ichiro was working with himself with actually recently. Like Suna said, the names of a hero would be kept in the history books for everyone to remember. And as most of the students here, Ichiro had come up with one.

The downside was the second thing Suna mentioned: choosing a faculty member or approved Hero to help them out for the tournament. Ichiro wasn't exactly sure who would perfectly be able to assist him and his crazy strong Quirk. While listening to the other student's names: Ino with Epicenter, Aaron with Voltage, and Creed with GTO, he took a small sigh and stood up. Walking towards the front, he took the chalk and began to write down his hero name on the board.

Once finishing writing the name, he turned to the students and cleared his throat, looking at them, Suna, and Madame Mic.

ハーキュリーアンヒーロー: アトラス

Herculean Hero: Atlas

"T-This is the name I've come up with..." Ichiro said, rubbing the back of his head. "Herculean Hero: Atlas."

He heard Madame Mic furiously writing on her white board and when he turned, he saw what it said: 'Ooooooh! Choosing the name of the Greek Titan who holds the world! That is smart! (> ' 3 ' )>'

Ichiro rubbed the back of his head again at the praise that he got from Madame Mic. Nevertheless, he cleared his throat again and spoke once more. "Also...I'd l-like to have...O-Omega Star to study under..." Out of the list of faculty at U.A., Ichiro came to the conclusion that Omega Star was the best solution and choice to go with for his Quirk. After all, she was incredibly strong in her own right as well. The problem was...Creed was going for Omega Star as well. So meaning he might've been screwed at this point. Either way, once he finished talking, Ichiro went to sit back down at his desk.

lmHWTAK.png

"Students. I'm sure you all know by now, but this is Madam Mic. She will be with us today as we pick out our code names. These names will be continued to be used throughout your entire hero career. I imagine you have had one in your head ever since you've wanted to become a hero. No profanity or anything of the like will be tolerated."

'In other words, your very own Hero Name! Choose carefully!  ╰(・∇・╰)'

"And after that...you all have the option of choosing a faculty member, or approved Hero, to give you advice and preparations for the upcoming U.A. Class Tournament. You will study under them for the next week, and learn from their past experiences. Maybe you'll even spar with them, as they give you pointers in how to better use your Quirks in combat. Or they could be lazy and not do that...some poor sap chose me last year. My house had never been cleaner. Now, you can take your time, but go on ahead and come up. Then present your name." 

My own codename. I never actually thought about this. Asuka acknowledged that she'd have to think of something at some point sure, but she figured she still had at least a couple years to figure something out. Lately she'd been focusing on just being a good student, and hadn't paid much mind to the future. To have to think of something so suddenly...

Asuka went a little red at the cheeks, and turned her face away from the chalkboard as she put a hand over her mouth. She had a new thing to think about now: Not laughing. She wasn't sure who would explain to Ino why that name was a bad idea, but Asuka knew it wouldn't be her. She settled on being Epicenter, followed by Aaron, Creed, and Ichiro, who respectively picked the names Voltage, GTO, and Atlas. An idea had hit Asuka's head for a name at that moment. Now was the time to take that bold first step into the world of heroes...

Well, another "bold first step" anyway. Asuka rose from her seat and made for the chalkboard, picking it up and scribbling down the name she'd thought of.

宝石ヒーロー ヘマタイト

Gemstone Hero: Hematite

'Sounds uptight and responsible!  GO HEMATITE o(^▽^)o'

With a smile and polite bow to Madam Mic, Asuka promptly returned to her seat. Not before erasing the name of course. "I would like to study with Lady Law please," she requested. If the opportunity to study under an experienced hero was just out there in the open, there was no reason not to take it.

h1v7t2f.png

Hero names was it? Sayuri had been thinking about that lately. Honestly, words weren't her strong suit. She was better with pictures and drawings, that sort of thing. She didn't want to go all the way to the chalkboard though. Instead, she wrote down her name of choice and request for a staff member to study under on her own whiteboard, before holding it up for the teachers to see.

血統ヒーローハウル

Pedigree Hero: Howl

I'd like to work with Crescent.

'Can I pet the pedigree hero ( ꒪Д꒪)ノ?'

Please don't pet me, Sayuri signed toward Madam Mic. She wasn't about to erase her whiteboard just for that.

s06t3UC.png

"I don't think so," Terro said. "I think that he's like me... unsure of how to interact with people," He paused. "Or an... 'idiot'," He added. Terro seemed to have the same impression Isami did on Akira, except for maybe the idiot part. 

"That makes sense. I was thinking that, but it's nice to hear it from someone else." He said, smiling at Terro. "I don't know about the idiot part though..." He added, turning back to Akira. He didn't strike him as the intellectual type, with his messy attire and the fact that he was still, in fact, wearing sunglasses in-doors. Then again, he couldn't of been too dumb if he got in with a special test... or something. Isami wasn't paying much attention to how exactly he got here. "... well, whatever it is, at least I'm sure he didn't say that to be mean." He shrugged slightly.
. . .

Shortly after everyone had sat down, Suna returned with Madam Mic to his side. "Students." Suna started speaking. "I'm sure you all know by now, but this is Madam Mic. She will be with us today as we pick out our code names. These names will be continued to be used throughout your entire hero career. I imagine you have had one in your head ever since you've wanted to become a hero. No profanity or anything of the like will be tolerated." There was the sound similar to Sayuri etching on her white board, as Madam Mic turned her own white board over.

'In other words, your very own Hero Name! Choose carefully! ╰(・∇・╰)'

Suna nodded before continuing. "And after that...you all have the option of choosing a faculty member, or approved Hero, to give you advice and preparations for the upcoming U.A. Class Tournament. You will study under them for the next week, and learn from their past experiences. Maybe you'll even spar with them, as they give you pointers in how to better use your Quirks in combat." Suna shrugged. "Or they could be lazy and not do that...some poor sap chose me last year." He coughed, looking away from the students. "My house had never been cleaner." Suna then walked beside his desk. "Now, you can take your time, but go on ahead and come up. Then present your name."

Ino immediately jumped out of her seat, getting up to write something on the board. She had decided on the name "Vibrator", which Isami thought was fitting. However, he noticed Suna turning away, trying to contain his laughter. Madam Mic seemed flustered about the name, writing something about it being lewd. Isami wasn't too sure what was going on, the situation completely flying over his head. Whatever it was, it was enough for Ino to change it to Epicenter. As she started writing it down, Isami realized that he needed to come up with something. As the others went up to write their names, Isami stared out the window, thinking about what his name could be.

Isami took a while to think of something, but eventually he did come up with a name. As Sayuri returned to her seat, Isami stood up and made his way to the chalkboard. Grabbing one of the markers at the chalkboard, he began writing down his hero title...

サーペントヒーロー・キッドコブラ
Serpent Hero - Kid Kobra

He put down the marker, standing proudly at his name. He had shortened a nickname he had gotten when he was young, and the kid part sounded good. He turned to Madam Mic, who was already writing a response.

Simple and effective. Very nice! (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)و

He chuckled, rubbing the back of his head, before making his way back to his seat. As he got there, he remembered that he hadn't chosen who to train with. "Oh, can I study with Madam Mic please? If it's ok with her, of course!" He smiled, turning to Madam Mic for her response. She blushed a bit with a small grin on her face as she quickly started writing on her board again.

I accept (๑°o°๑)

"Thank you!" Isami said as Madam Mic nodded her head, smiling at him. He sat down at his chair, beaming with joy.

Mike

It wasn't long until everyone was called back to their seats, and Madam Mic had joined the class as it started.

"Students.  I'm sure you all know by now, but this is Madam Mic.  She will be with us today as we pick out our code names.  These names will be continued to be used throughout your entire hero career.  I imagine you have had one in your head ever since you've wanted to become a hero.  No profanity or anything of the like will be tolerated."  There was the sound similar to Sayuri etching on her white board, as Madam Mic turned her own white board over.  

'In other words, your very own Hero Name!  Choose carefully!  ╰(・∇・╰)'

Suna nodded before continuing.  

"And after that...you all have the option of choosing a faculty member, or approved Hero, to give you advice and preparations for the upcoming U.A. Class Tournament.  You will study under them for the next week, and learn from their past experiences.  Maybe you'll even spar with them, as they give you pointers in how to better use your Quirks in combat."  Suna shrugged.  "Or they could be lazy and not do that...some poor sap chose me last year."  He coughed, looking away from the students.  "My house had never been cleaner."  Suna then walked beside his desk.  "Now, you can take your time, but go on ahead and come up.  Then present your name."

Mike spent the time as others went up and presented their names frantically flipping through his English/Japanese dictionary. He had had a name idea since middle school; something he had come up with in Science class, but he only ever thought of it in English terms; never in Japanese words. At each person's name he would briefly glance up to see what they had chosen, before diving back down into his book once more. Finally, he figured out what he needed to write, and as soon as Isami was done with his Mike practically jumped from his seat and walked up to the whiteboard.

力のヒーロー:グリーンシフト
Force Hero: Greenshift

Madam Mic wrenched her marker back and began to hastily scrawl on the board. 'Very cool! (σ・ω・)σ'

"and, uummm..." Mike continued. "I don't know who to pick for the training thingy, so I don't think I'm going to pick anyone. Sorry." Feeling an immediate rush of embarrassment, Mike quickly returned to his seat.

Ee9cS21.png

c9SYpcu.png

Tomoaki's new classmates were certainly a lively bunch, if nothing else. He had scarcely said four sentences, and yet they all seemed to be crowding around him already. They seemed as if they were easily impressed. The angry one with the finger guns took issue with his probing, indicating that one of the background characters injured himself in the fight, and bragging about how much damage he was able to deal. Even so, he seemed especially shaken by Akira's comment. However, a particular part of his response stood out.

"I bet you couldn't even fathom to think of what my Quirk could be! HAH! It'd make you run back to your school for the Quirk Impaired!"

Akira smirked, before he continued his half-assed discussion of the angry child before him. He received a wide variety of responses, but very few of them merited his attention. Of course, one of the students just had to sour the back and forth further. The one who launched the bottle at him, and consequently got his hoodie soaking wet. “Probably explains why you’re doused in sugar and milk. I mean, who could have done something like that?” His previous transgressions had already put him on Akira's bad side, and he wasn't helping his case much. The spiky-haired guy might have been the loose cannon, but this kid was definitely the classroom's designated jabroni.

Akira began weighing the risks and benefits of starting a fight then and there. He knew he would win, but no matter how weak this cockroach was, it would be a hassle to squash him. Luckily, his thoughts were interrupted by one of the students he had previously written off as a background character. "Here, Tomoaki," The girl had bright blue eyes, and something about her appearance seemed familiar. There wasn't much information released from Kashyyyk, so that wasn't it, yet Akira could have sworn he had seen someone who looked just like her before. It was probably nothing, definitely not worth concerning himself over. "I think your comment about the Kashyyyk District may have gotten you off on the wrong foot with... well, everyone. It's a bit of a sensitive subject. I'm Ku... actually, just call me Asuka."

This one seemed reasonably interesting. As least she had some form of manners. "I'll pass. I'm not hungry, and I prefer my tea iced." Slumping back into his seat, he reached into his pocket, retrieving a wrapped piece of bubblegum. Freeing it from its wax-paper packaging, he tossed it into his mouth, ignoring the rest of the room.

c9SYpcu.png

Shortly afterward, the teacher had arrived back in the classroom, bringing with him a woman Akira had never seen before.

"Students. I'm sure you all know by now, but this is Madam Mic." Akira had no idea. "She will be with us today as we pick out our code names. These names will be continued to be used throughout your entire hero career. I imagine you have had one in your head ever since you've wanted to become a hero. No profanity or anything of the like will be tolerated." Rather than speaking like a regular human being, the woman quickly wrote something down on the whiteboard she carried.

'In other words, your very own Hero Name! Choose carefully! ╰(・∇・╰)'

The teacher continued on about some kind of study program the school would be running, in which students could be mentored by UA staff in preparation for some sports thing. The entire process seemed like a huge bother, but luckily, from what Akira could tell, it was optional. The first student to present her name was some girl he hadn't heard say much yet. Well, maybe she had said something, but Akira hadn't paid very close attention to her. Arguably the most interesting thing about her was that she had managed to snag the seat nearest the door, a coveted position for someone who wanted anything but to be in the classroom at this point.

On the bright side, Tomoaki could add 'idiocy' to the list of things he knew about this girl. After varied reactions from the classroom, she thought for a moment, writing something new on the board.

"Quaking Hero: Epicenter!"

This one seemed to go over better with the teachers, as Akira realized just how dull this process would be. He leaned his head back, staring up at the ceiling as he blew bubbles in his gum, listening to the lame pseudonyms the other students had come up with. Voltage, GTO, Atlas, then another name managed to properly catch his attention:

宝石ヒーロー ヘマタイト

Gemstone Hero: Hematite

Tomoaki Akira sat up suddenly, the bubble in his gum popping, training his gaze on the girl at the front of the classroom. So that was why she looked so familiar. Makes plenty of sense now. He wondered if the reference her name made was intentional. Aside from her appearance and, presumably, her quirk, she didn't seem to have much in common with the Crystalline Killer of fame, but to choose a name like that... Shrugging, Akira let his mind wander once again. There seemed to be an awkward silence, and plenty of markers squeaking, but the next hero name he ended up hearing was 'Kid Kobra'. What was his plan? Change his hero name in just a few years?

After a final student, who chose the name 'Greenshift' and was actually smart enough to opt out of this mentorship scam, Akira groaned, placing both hands on his desk to push himself up to a stand. Lazily, he walked to the front of the class, standing in front of the blackboard on which the students had all written their hero name ideas. He looked down at the piece of chalk, frowning distinctly. It was mostly worn away from previous use, so gripping it wouldn't be terribly comfortable for him. The very nature of chalk would mean handling the writing utensil would get his fingers covered in dust. This wasn't even going into the disgusting sound it would make as it scraped against the blackboard. Sighing, he concluded that now was as good a time to show it as any. Akira looked toward the board, as large bold writing appeared upon it. They glowed a bright yellow, as if they were made from sunlight itself.

黒眼鏡ヒーロープロシーオン

Black Glasses Hero "Procyon"

Madam Mic quickly looked from Akira's sunglasses, to the giant words on the board, to the unused chalk, in a repeated loop, before suddenly appearing to understand his name choice.

'Like a raccoon ɿ(。・ɜ・)ɾⓌⓗⓐⓣ?'

Sighing once again, Akira shook his head, "It's a star."

'Black Glasses Hero Procyon, shining brighter than the Sun! o(^∀^*)o'

Akira felt like he was going to vomit.

The name he created on the board flickered briefly, before dissolving into a shower of sparkles, quickly disappearing completely. As he walked back to his desk, he removed his hoodie, dropping it on Creed's desk. "You are going to clean this mess you made." Without paying the idiot any more mind, he continued to his spot in the back corner, opting to sit directly behind Asuka, rather than the spot 1 further back where he previously sat. Leaning forward, he tapped lightly on her shoulder, speaking quietly enough that he could only be heard by Asuka, or people who were especially nosy, "You might not be familiar enough with other languages to realize, but Hematite more or less means 'Blood Stone'. Did you take someone else's suggestion without considering the implication it makes?" Standing up once again, Akira moved a seat back to his original spot, "I am opting out of the mentorship program. I don't need any special training."

'In other words, your very own Hero Name! Choose carefully!  ╰(・∇・╰)'

"And after that...you all have the option of choosing a faculty member, or approved Hero, to give you advice and preparations for the upcoming U.A. Class Tournament. You will study under them for the next week, and learn from their past experiences. Maybe you'll even spar with them, as they give you pointers in how to better use your Quirks in combat. Or they could be lazy and not do that...some poor sap chose me last year. My house had never been cleaner. Now, you can take your time, but go on ahead and come up. Then present your name."

Terro was at a loss. He wasn't as creative as his fellow classmates, and coming up with a good name just seemed hard.  He listened to the names others came up with... "Quaking Hero: Epicenter", "Hi-speed Hero: GTO", "Herculean Hero: Atlas", "Gemstone Hero: Hematite", "Pedigree Hero: Howl", "Serpent Hero - Kid Kobra", "Force Hero: Greenshift", and "Black Glasses Hero: Procyon". Each one sounded so wonderful, and described the others so well. 

So what described Terro? He had to think hard about it. What described both his powers that he was gifted from birth, and the martial arts he spent years, blood, sweat, and tears to learn? His mind raced as he tried to come up with an answer. The memory of a story his grandfather used to tell him came into his mind... and he had his name.

Inspiration for a Fledgling Hero

He walked up to the board, grabbing his chalk. "For one molded by the martial arts, and gifted by the earth, there was only one name I was able to come up with," He said as he wrote across the board. 

"Steadfast Hero - Kohryu"

不動心ヒーロー コウリュウ 

​"Steadfast represents what my training has made me, while Kohryu was a guardian dragon that represented the earth," Terro explained. He didn't know how many people even knew old myths any more. He didn't want to openly admit it either... but Double Dragon left an impact on his life... and in a way, this name was in homage to him. 

'Sounds so powerful (•̪ o •̪)!  I'd be assured if you arrived on the scene!' Madam Mic wrote. Terro smiled. That's what he was aiming for, and that's what he got. However, this lead to another problem. He didn't know heroes very well, and he had no idea who to pick. However, he had overheard Ichiro talk about a hero in the past. One named Tempest, who could control the gases like it was nothing. It seemed like the very thing Terro needed.

"As for my mentor, I wish for Tempest to help me in my training," Terro stated. He bowed to his teachers before heading back to his seat. He only hoped he made the right decision. 

HE70W3a.jpg?1

Gin sat there, silently, as each student went up one by one, delivering there own individual Hero code name.  He didn't even laugh at the Ino's first decision, rather he rolled his eyes with his fists in his cheeks.  When that new kid took the stage and introduced himself as Procyon, that's when he almost lost it.  How much more of a pretentious name could you have?  Making people look up the definition of your name...did he think he was smart?  Hero names were supposed to be an indicator of who was arriving on the scene, not an etymology lesson.  The rest were pretty lame...but he had to admit that Terro's was rather...not lame at least.  

"All that's left is Gin...are you done mulling that name over?"  Suna said, eyeing the obviously bored student.  He rose from his slump, and made his way to the front, with his hands in his pockets.  

"Yeah yeah."  He thought back to the field trip...his most powerful move.  If it had been used on any other villain, that surely would've been it.  It would have all stopped right then and there.  As a hero...he would not take his opponent's lightly again.  He would make sure to make all things final, all right there in that instant.  He had thought of a name prior to this...something like Buster or Snipe...something lame like the rest of them.  However...this name would mean something.  This name would strike fear...fear into the hearts of those who would dare use the name of villain as some sort of trophy.  The chalk pounded against the board, as he wrote vigorously.  Suna couldn't help but look over his shoulder before he had finished, just to make sure he wasn't destroying the board in the process.  

速い勝利 ヒーロー : 終わり

Blitzkrieg Hero : End

Gin slammed the chalk back into it's place holder, and stood there with his back towards the class.  

'That name would make any villain run for his mom!  Now excuse me while I call mine ε=ε=(っ*´□`)っ'

Suna watched the boy as he slunk back to his seat.  Such an intense, but simple name.  It put his to shame.  

"Alright class..." Suna raised his hand, "That'll conclude most of today's plans.  Madam Mic and I will go and register these code names in the hero registry.  Of course, this doesn't mean you're heroes just yet, so don't go around calling yourself these names.  You probably wanna save it for your debut."  With that out of the way, he and Madam Mic proceeded out of the door.

"Suna Sensei!"  Ino interjected before their teacher had totally left the room.  "What was your hero name?"  She asked, quietly, fidgeting in her seat.  

Suna sighed, before he went up to the board.  

蟻地獄ヒーロー : アヌビス

Ant-lion Hero : Anubis

"I thought it was cool at the time...That's why I said to make it count."  With that, he rushed out of the door, in hot pursuit of Madam Mic.

With that, the student's were left to there own devices until the bell rang, releasing them.  Ino turned around to face Asuka, giggling.  

"Man, our teacher was a real dork!"  Ino then pressed a finger against the girls nose, and sent a ripple through it to buzz her nostrils.  "But so is yours!  Hematite?!  It's so silly!  Is your hero costume a suit and glasses?!"  Ino was poking fun, but she had heard what the new kid had said.  Akira wasn't there in the district, but was that name so closely related to Bloodstone's?  She didn't want anyone outside of this class to figure out Asuka's secrets, so she immediately went up to Akira's desk as well.  "AND YOU!"  She said sticking a finger in his face, close to his nose, "What kind of second impression is that?!  Your hero name is totally lame!"  Ino put her finger down, only for it to be replaced with a smile.  "My name is Ino Todoya!  Pleasure to meet ya!  But seriously, your first day isn't going so well huh?"  

As class 1-A went about their business, believing this to be another typical class day, a new threat stalked ever closer.
This dangerous foe made their way across the hallway with a single-minded determination.
They approached the door.
They took a deep breath.
They reached for the door, paused, and then...

A young girl, around the same age of those inside, kicked the door to the classroom open

"Attention, Class 1-A! I am Valerie Clark of class 1-B! I have come here to make an announcement. I hope none of you plan on winning the up-coming tournament cause if so you'll be disappointed. There's only one person who has the skill to take first place and she's standing right here!" Valerie posed as she said this, feet apart, fists on her hips, and head held high. With a glow of confidence, and slight perspiration, upon her visage. "But don't worry, coming in second place directly under me is still quite the achievement."

She looked around the classroom with a wild grin, awaiting the responses of those in the class.

Terro listened to the name that Gin made for himself. Blitzkrieg Hero : End, huh? He sounded almost like the apocalypse with a name like that. It was odd, but hey, if Gin liked it, then it was fine with him. After Suna-sensei left, presumably out of embarrassment for his old hero name, Terro stood up to walk over to where the costumes were located. He might as well take a look at his new gi. 

He opened the case, seeing a letter inside, on top of his gi. Quickly, he grabbed the letter and opened it up. 

Dear Mr. Khikyū
We received the order for your costume, and were surprised by how simple it was. All black isn't the best look, so we took the liberty of adding something extra to it, for that needed flair. We hope you like it!
- The Support Department

Terro blinked before looking down at the gi in question. The change they made was minimal, but it was a cool one, never the less. They changed the sash and the leg wrappings' colors from black to purple. He had to admit, it probably looked good. He remained standing, and began to undo his belt. He soon took off his gi top and his pants, leaving a Terro left only his in his underpants, showing off his muscles and the small scars scattered across his body. He grabbed the skin tight undershirt, about to put it on, when suddenly a girl burst through the door, opening it with her foot.

"Attention, Class 1-A! I am Valerie Clark of class 1-B!" The girl was very loud, but Terro liked her energy. "I have come here to make an announcement. I hope none of you plan on winning the up-coming tournament cause if so you'll be disappointed. There's only one person who has the skill to take first place and she's standing right here!" Valerie posed as she said this, feet apart, fists on her hips, and head held high. With a glow of confidence, and slight perspiration, upon her visage. "But don't worry, coming in second place directly under me is still quite the achievement."

Terro blinked, looking at his undershirt and back to the girl. "Nice to meet you," Terro said, unfazed as he began to slip on the black undershirt. He had met many people like this at tournaments, so it was an attitude he was used to. "I'm Terro Khikyū. I hope we get a chance to spar, or even face each other in the tournament," He managed to fit into his undershirt before slipping on his gi top. "What's your quirk?" he asked, before pausing. "Or do you want to keep that a surprise?" He finally slipped on his pants, wrapping his new sash around him. 

He flexed a few times, before rolling his shoulders. This new gi did look pretty cool in his opinion, but... he felt kind of stiff. "Man... I'm going to have to break this gi in. It's been awhile since I got a new one," He turned to Isami, almost forgetting about Valerie, but he was still listening for her answer. "Still, I think it looks pretty cool. What do you think?" He then looked at Sayuri. "Does the purple go well with the black? I'm not really good at art,"

As Aaron watched as everyone went up to announce their names, he noticed how much enthusiastic everyone was about their names, apart from Gin who was going to damage the chalkboard. The new kid, who Aaron never got his name, noticed how he wrote his name in a bright yellow glow than the pasty chalk white everyone else was writing in. Aaron took note of this for the sole purpose of knowing his opponents, as prescribed by Suna. After Gin sat back down, Suna allowed the students to do whatever until their next bell. Everyone went about the class from inspecting their suits, even Terro started to try his, to talking again to the new guy, who is apparently named Akira just from eavesdropping on Ino’s conversation. The class seemed to calm down for just a moment, but Gin or Creed would be the ones to get this class into an uproar soon enou-

“Attention, Class 1-A!” The sound of the door slamming against the adjacent wall and the stranger’s loud voice made Aaron jump and turn towards who made this terrible noise. It was a girl who had her blazer dressed in a way to show she means business, buttons undone and sleeves rolled up. “I am Valerie Clark of class 1-B! I have come here to make an announcement. I hope none of you plan on winning the up-coming tournament cause if so you'll be disappointed. There's only one person who has the skill to take first place and she's standing right here! But don't worry, coming in second place directly under me is still quite the achievement.” Aaron glared in disappointment as Valerie declared war on Class 1-A with more of a vindication than Gin. Aaron had enough declarations for one day, so he grabbed a notebook and pen and started to make his way towards the door. Terro made the first approach to talk across the room to her, then went back to admiring his suit. Valerie noticed Aaron coming towards her, as he saw a smirk come upon her face, “Leaving so soon? It’s okay, you’ll see what I mean when we get a chance to fight.”

“No, I’m just done with 1-A life, you know how it is. Just going to see your class for a change of pace.” Aaron brushed past her and noticed that her body radiated warmth around her like a candle. Aaron quickly made note of that as he proceeded towards 1-B. The door was open, probably from Valerie leaving class, and Aaron peered into the room. Aaron saw 10 students inside just talking until one noticed him and everyone just looked at him. Trying not to be awkward Aaron made his full presence known, “Hey, I’m Aaron Strom from Class 1-A. Valerie mentioned how cool you guys are and I wanted to see for myself. How's your day going?”

s06t3UC.png

Isami watched as the remaining students went up and put their names, the last of which was Gin. Suna also revealed his own hero name - Anubis - before rushing out of the room, leaving the students to talk among themselves. Isami's head turned from the whiteboard back to the window next to him, letting his mind wander as he sat there. He placed his cheek on his hand, thinking about the tournament that was to come.

"Attention, Class 1-A!" Isami jumped, turning towards the voice. He saw a girl that he was sure he had seen a few times in the hallways. She seemed to be the same age as his classmates. "I am Valerie Clark of class 1-B! I have come here to make an announcement. I hope none of you plan on winning the up-coming tournament cause if so you'll be disappointed. There's only one person who has the skill to take first place and she's standing right here!" She struck a pose. "But don't worry, coming in second place directly under me is still quite the achievement." She was definitely confident, although not in an insulting way. He watched as Terro introduced himself to the girl and Aaron got up, stating that he was going to go visit the 1-B class, before leaving the room.

"Still, I think it looks pretty cool. What do you think?" Terro turned to Isami, now wearing his own costume. He was now wearing a new gi and, while it didn't look too different to how he usually dressed, Isami agreed that it did look pretty cool.

"It looks good!" Isami said, flashing him a thumbs up. "Suits you well." Seeing Terro in his new costume reminded Isami that they had, in fact, gotten new costumes to go along with their hero names. They had sent the support department some ideas as to what they wanted for their costumes, although Isami left his fairly open-ended. He got up, excited to see what they had cooked up for him. As he got to where the costumes were, he waved at the girl that had barged into the room, before returning to the case that was now in front of him. Opening the case, he saw the letter that had been placed on top of the green material that was his costume.

Dear Mr. Kobayashi

We completed a costume that we think you will enjoy! It was difficult to find a way to get the costume to change forms with you, but thanks to the power of technology the suit should freely transform with you. We're not sure if it is exactly what you wanted, as the request you sent were a bit vague, but hopefully you'll enjoy it! If you got any problems, or something happens with the suit, be sure to contact us.

- The Support Department

He placed the letter down, taking out the suit from the case. It was dark green and almost resembled a scuba suit, save for the hood that was around the top of it. Isami smiled when he saw it, stretching the material of the suit a bit. It was very elastic, almost feeling like snake skin. He wasn't sure if it was intentional or not, but it was a cute detail of the suit. The bright green patches felt a bit different, although after stretching them a bit he noted that they were just as stretchy as the rest of the suit. He was definitely pleased with the costume, holding it proudly above his head. He put it down, turning back to Valerie. "Nice to meet you, Valerie." He stuck out his hand for a handshake, smiling. "My name is Isami Kobayashi. I'm not sure about winning myself, but I hope we have a good time!"

Valerie had not expected her initial response to be so...polite. She had heard that there was some real hot-blooded people in this class, could she have been misled?

The first, Terro, seemed to be promising though. She gave him a short laugh and a thumbs up. "Even if we don't fight in the tournament you can bet your ass I want to have a fight with you. I get the feeling it'd be a wild match. As for my quirk, heh, I think it's best to show not tell these things. And I don't think your teacher would appreciate if I caused his class to drop unconscious." She winked at him amicably as he walked away.

The next wasn't really worth much to note, as he just left. To her class. She wondered what the others would think of this. She laughed to herself at the thought of some of their reactions.

"Nice to meet you, Valerie." He stuck out his hand for a handshake, smiling. "My name is Isami Kobayashi. I'm not sure about winning myself, but I hope we have a good time!"

Valerie gripped the boy's hand and pulled him in for a bro-pat-on-the-back with her other hand. His words caused her to frown a bit, though. "That's no good, ya gotta go into these things with CONFIDENCE." She took the hand she had given a handshake with and placed it on his shoulder, looking the boy in the eye. "Now let me hear that again, this time with VIGOR, got it?" She said the last with a smirk.

ooc note: if not clear Valerie is almost shouting every line.

Mike

Of the remaining students that presented their names, Akira's stood out, mostly due to the manner that he had presented the name itself. From the way the words appeared and vanished, Mike's head began to spin with ideas as to what the nature of Akira's quirk could possibly be. Once this portion of the class was complete, it felt like everyone immediately returned to their usual selves as if a switch was flipped. Mike breathed a sigh of relief, sinking into his chair as he continued to look through the case with his costume and reading its instructions thoroughly, wondering if he would get an opportunity to try out the suit soon. Of course, this brief respite from stressful situations seemed short-lived.

"Attention, Class 1-A! I am Valerie Clark of class 1-B! I have come here to make an announcement. I hope none of you plan on winning the up-coming tournament cause if so you'll be disappointed. There's only one person who has the skill to take first place and she's standing right here!" Valerie posed as she said this, feet apart, fists on her hips, and head held high. With a glow of confidence, and slight perspiration, upon her visage. "But don't worry, coming in second place directly under me is still quite the achievement."

Mike braced himself at first, wondering when the next floodgate of angry responses, or thrown drink was going to arrive, but it seemed like everyone was responding nicely. Mike let himself smile at the idea. At first he felt annoyed at the girl's competitive declaration, but realized that she meant no real disrespect from it. Of course, his competitive nature was still annoyed by her overall demeanor, but the idea of confronting her was already beginning to make him nervous.

However, as she was practically shouting while indoors, her conversations were particularly difficult to ignore. "That's no good, ya gotta go into these things with CONFIDENCE," her voice echoing loudly through the classroom. "Now let me hear that again, this time with VIGOR, got it?"

Confidence, and vigor, Mike thought to himself. He wanted to be a hero, and if he was going to accomplish that, he couldn't just sit off to the side the entire time. Taking a deep breath, Mike got to his feet and approached Valerie with an apparent nervous air, yet a clear determination. "Valerie, was it?" Mike said, his voice cracking briefly as he cleared his throat. "I'm Michael Rosenfeld, but you can just call me Mike." With the best confident grin he could muster, Mike extended his hand for a shake, one that he would not expect to be as vigorous as it would be. "Don't be so sure you're going to win this tournament! I'm not going down with a fight!"

lmHWTAK.png

"You might not be familiar enough with other languages to realize, but Hematite more or less means 'Blood Stone'. Did you take someone else's suggestion without considering the implication it makes?"

"...eh?" The suggestion behind Akira's words were kind of out of the blue. It took Asuka a moment to get just what he was getting at. She thought for a moment Ino had said something too, but it slipped her mind in the heat of the moment. I've made good choices before. This wasn't one of them. Asuka had to get him to ditch the idea. Going over to his desk just to dissuade him from getting any ideas from her title and Quirk might have seemed suspicious though. She needed an excuse to go back there. Like getting her costume! She wanted to get used to wearing it since she knew she'd be doing so a lot from now on, and while she was back there trying it on, she could talk Akira out of getting any fishy ideas. Even if they're facts. I'm better than her though! ...as a person anyway. I'm sure she's far more powerful than I am. I'll just have to become stronger than her! Like that goal wasn't already obvious...

Thinking about it too much was stressing her out. Asuka wasn't sure how to feel about this up-and-down with her opinions on the new student, but was doing her best to stay optimistic about him. Making assumptions on people based on just a few small things was the last thing she wanted to do! As such, Asuka went to the costumes at the back of the room, and reached for hers. Everything was as she specified. No better time than now to try it on. Asuka reached first for the suit itself, when suddenly...

"Attention, Class 1-A! I am Valerie Clark of class 1-B! I have come here to make an announcement. I hope none of you plan on winning the up-coming tournament cause if so you'll be disappointed. There's only one person who has the skill to take first place and she's standing right here! But don't worry, coming in second place directly under me is still quite the achievement."

"Nice to meet you."

As the other students introduced themselves to this Valerie girl, Asuka busied herself with trying on her new costume. If she was going to be Hematite... was it really that obvious? I need to see Suna-sensei about the possibility of changing my name before he registers them all. But not before talking to Akira. Once the suit and gloves were on, Asuka reached for the key feature. The tank and mask, which she fastened over her shoulders, before securing the mask over her face. Her shoulders rolled around briefly, adjusting to the weight of the small tank over her back. It's a bit heavier than I thought it would be. It should be fine.

"So, Tomoaki," Asuka started, turning her attention to the boy and fiddling around with the features of her costume. "If you're talking about my Quirk, they aren't real bloodstones. Or rubies. They're just water, blood, and some salt. I had the same conversation with Creed before; there's no point trying to get rich off my Quirk. I sure am surrounded by greedy young men, aren't I?" Asuka made sure to keep a joking tone with that last bit. "I can teach you more about it later if you aren't busy."

And now for the other one.

"Now let me hear that again, this time with VIGOR, got it?"

"Don't be so sure you're going to win this tournament! I'm not going down with a fight!"

"You'll both have to get through me if you want to win," Asuka commented. She hadn't done so well in Kashyyyk, but against other students, Asuka was sure she could win a fight! The tone in her voice said that much. "I'm not about to let just anyone walk off doing better than me, so I hope you both bring your A-game! Ah, I'm Asuka."

h1v7t2f.png
"Attention, Class 1-A!" Sayuri flinched at the sudden outburst of some voice she'd never heard before. "I am Valerie Clark of class 1-B!" 

She's noisy. Sayuri turned her attention to the girl in question. Everyone else wasted no time getting friendly with her. Sayuri, as a general rule, didn't like being friends with overly loud people. They were a headache to deal with. Literally. She couldn't imagine anyone else telling her to pipe down either. They all lacked her keen sense of hearing. Maybe I should get earmuffs to wear... but they'd have to be earmuffs made for dogs or something. No thanks. Sayuri turned to look behind her. The costumes. Hers came with the text-to-speech device like she'd requested. It was time to put that to work.

Not bothering to put on the costume it came with just yet, Sayuri grabbed the speech device. She fastened it over her forearm, where it belonged, and made her way over. It was time to introduce herself to this 1-B girl and tell her to pipe down. There were wolf girls with sensitive hearing in here.

Valerie said something about vigor, then everyone started talking trash. Was winning the tournament really that important? I don't think it matters, anyway.

"Hello, Valerie," Sayuri typed. "I am Sayuri Sasaki. You are very loud by the way. Please dial it down a notch. Or five."

F7eoyPD.jpg

iU8EggM.png

Ichiro sat back and listened to the other hero names: Hematite, Howl, Kid Kobra, Greenshift, Procyon, Kohryu, and End. These were some pretty amazing names, along with their epithets. He leaned over and looked at Terro before giving him a small thumbs up.

"Kohryu, huh? That is pretty amazing...plus its very fitting for you." he said, smiling some. "Won't lie, I sort of wish that I could've thought of something up that was even close to being cool."

Sure, Herculean Hero - Atlas was an interesting name, but Terro was literally naming himself after an earth dragon from mythology. Either way, it seemed like most of his class did indeed have plenty of ideas with their own hero names and epithets...well, apart from Ino's first attempt at trying this.

Regardless, Ichiro was wondering now, how things would work in regards to the teacher that the students would be working under. Especially Omega Star. Unlike anyone else, she had two people gunning for her: himself and Creed. Though, on the other hand, Ichiro was baffled and curious why Creed wanted to pick Omega Star in general. If anything, he would've thought Splotch or someone else would be perfect for this kid. Heck, why not his "pro hero" parents, he kept talking about?

Unless they decided to tell Creed he couldn't use them as a training source... he thought, rubbing the back of his head. In all honesty, he didn't care, he was just really curious was all.

iU8EggM.png

"Attention, Class 1-A! I am Valerie Clark of class 1-B! I have come here to make an announcement. I hope none of you plan on winning the up-coming tournament cause if so you'll be disappointed. There's only one person who has the skill to take first place and she's standing right here! But don't worry, coming in second place directly under me is still quite the achievement."

Ichiro just stood there next to his desk, gathering his things, just as this Valerie Clark barged into their classroom and pretty much made a war declaration for the up-coming tournament. His hand met his face some, before he let out a sigh.

Either way, it seemed like most of the students were introducing themselves to the newcomer, but Ichiro only decided to keep his distance and just see how this played out.

Ee9cS21.png

c9SYpcu.png

Akira had trouble resisting the urge to laugh as the angry guy revealed his hero name. End? To Akira, it seemed like the kind of stupid name a child would make up to make themselves seem stronger than they are. From from he had seen, this was exactly the case with little mister quickshot. After the teacher revealed his old hero name, things seemed to return to the casual laziness of before, both teachers having shuffled away to deal with some sort of paperwork. The girl sitting in front of Asuka quickly turned around, saying something to her, though it hardly seemed to register to the newly-dubbed Gemstone Hero. Perhaps she was a bit more shaken by Akira's words than he had expected.

'Epicenter', or so she named herself, quickly moved on from Asuka, standing and walking further back to stand directly beside Akira's seat. "AND YOU!" She pointed a finger at his face, nearly touching his nose. He crossed his eyes to center his vision on the tip of her finger, though that wouldn't be visible to the girl through his glasses. "What kind of second impression is that?!  Your hero name is totally lame!" The human hitachi's criticism felt a bit ironic after her first attempt at a hero name, but Akira didn't particularly care. He wasn't trying to impress anyone. Before he had a chance to respond, she dropped the aggressive gesture, suddenly seeming far more friendly. "My name is Ino Todoya!  Pleasure to meet ya!  But seriously, your first day isn't going so well huh?"

Akira sighed, waiting a few moments before giving his answer, in case this Ino girl still had more to say. People like this were especially tiring for him to deal with. "Second impression? Have we met before?" Though he had skipped the exam, it was a mystery to Akira how a girl like this could have made it into a prestigious school like UA. Then again, it seemed the majority of the classroom was either stupid or unstable. In the case of the angry one, potentially both. "I don't care too much about whether my hero name sounds impressive, or whether you like it, Magic Wand. I looked up a list of stars and thought it was good enough. Other than some idiot throwing his drink at me, I don't see many issues with the morning so far. Maybe you just have unreasonably high standards."

Yet another new arrival showed up at that point, announcing herself to be named Valentina, or something along those lines. She brought with her a sort of challenge for the entire class, placing herself on the pedestal as the soon to be winner of that upcoming tournament Akira heard something about. Everyone else seemed to respond exactly as he expected them to, with the American leaving the room yet again, for whatever reason. Maybe he doesn't like being in a group. "Everyone at this school is so tiring..." he lamented under his breath, slouching forward with his face half-covered with one of his hands.

"So, Tomoaki," Once again, the child of that retired villain was speaking to him. Maybe she had some kind of crush on him, or planned to fight him so that he would keep her deep, dark secret as such. "If you're talking about my Quirk, they aren't real bloodstones. Or rubies. They're just water, blood, and some salt. I had the same conversation with Creed before; there's no point trying to get rich off my Quirk. I sure am surrounded by greedy young men, aren't I?" She seemed to be trying to deflect his previous comment about how her hero name was reminiscent of Bloodstone, with some anecdote about a person named Creed. The name rung a bell in Akira's head, but he wasn't sure where he recognized it from. Probably somebody irrelevant.  "I can teach you more about it later if you aren't busy."

She really was insistent on dispelling his suspicion. If only she understood that he really didn't care whatsoever about her parentage. Who did she think she was fooling? He could only assume at this point that her quirk matched the villain's, and if so it would be a pretty distinctive one at that. Not to mention the family resemblance. "Your quirk? I haven't seen it, but I am pretty sure based on context that it is a family heirloom. I recognized your face, and the name you chose reinforced it." Akira turned his head toward Asuka, appearing as if doing so required a massive amount of effort. "I would be lying if I said I had plans, but if you want to take me out on a date just to throw me off of who you are, that sounds tiring beyond imagination. Besides, you should know that I really don't care. I just remember a person who was on the news about a decade ago. I'm not emotionally invested in your family tree."

HE70W3a.jpg?1

Gin was about to leave the classroom to go get a snack, when someone had burst through the door of the class.  It seemed to be a girl from the class along the hall...1-B?  Whatever, he didn't care.  She was pretty much an npc...a pebble on the side of the road.  That was, until she opened her loud mouth.

"Attention, Class 1-A! I am Valerie Clark of class 1-B! I have come here to make an announcement. I hope none of you plan on winning the up-coming tournament cause if so you'll be disappointed. There's only one person who has the skill to take first place and she's standing right here!  But don't worry, coming in second place directly under me is still quite the achievement."

"Eh?"  

"Don't be so sure you're going to win this tournament! I'm not going down with a fight!"

"Eh!?"  

"You'll both have to get through me if you want to win  I'm not about to let just anyone walk off doing better than me, so I hope you both bring your A-game! Ah, I'm Asuka."

"EH!?!?"  Gin stormed to the opening of the classroom, where this 'Valerie' stood.  "How many losers do I gotta threaten up here before we get this straight?!"  He yelled, almost spewing venom at Valerie.  It was as if he was developing a new Quirk right before their eyes.  "This tournament...you really think you have a chance?!  PATHETIC!"  Gin pointed his finger at the girl, a wicked frown was all that rest on his face.  "You come here, and declare war on my class?  The class I'm in?!  Give me a break!"  His angry facade was almost broken, as he held back every bit of himself that wanted to laugh at her face.  "This coming from the girl from the reject class!  Aw man, this is just too good."  Gin's demeanor turned back to it's normal status, calm but brooding, to stare the girl in the eyes.  "Try all you want...but you can't win against me.  Hell, you might lose to half of this class.  But I'm gonna be the one at the top...I'm gonna prove that I'm the best.  YA HEAR ME?!"  Gin looked back to his class room, his eyes tracing to three of them in particular: Akira, Creed, and Terro.  "And don't think being in the same class is gonna save you either!  I haven't even begun to get serious yet..."  His stomach growled abruptly, as he passed Valerie through the doorway, on his quest to become the best one at finding a vending machine.

HQiOaTA.png?1

Ed751i6.jpg

"Second impression? Have we met before?" 

Her cheek puffed out.  Was this guy really that dense.

"I meant to the classroom as a whole, you doofus!"  She said, pulling her eyelid down at Akira.   

"I don't care too much about whether my hero name sounds impressive, or whether you like it, Magic Wand. I looked up a list of stars and thought it was good enough. Other than some idiot throwing his drink at me, I don't see many issues with the morning so far. Maybe you just have unreasonably high standards."

"Magic Wand?  That's a weird nickname..."  She said, placing a finger on her lip, with her brow furrowed.  It seemed like she was hard in thought trying to grasp at what it could have possibly meant.  She stopped before she could fizz herself out.  "And geez...I know this is school and all, but you should really loosen up."  Ino slapped a hand on his desk, passively vibrating it.  "Maybe this Tournament thing will help you out!  Make ya stretch out those bored quirk muslces, huh?"  She smiled, before turning to see Gin lose it again on the student from 1-B.  He soon left the room, prompting Ino to let out a sigh of relief.  "You never know how it's gonna go down with him..."  She said, heading back towards her desk, sitting in her seat with her legs out to the side, so that she could talk to Asuka again.  "You really think you could take Gin on?!  You're so cool Asuka!  Tell me how!  Tell me how!"  

HQiOaTA.png?1

“Hey, I’m Aaron Strom from Class 1-A. Valerie mentioned how cool you guys are and I wanted to see for myself. How's your day going?”

Most of the classroom turned to notice him, staring at him blankly.  Before long, one student's entire neck seemed to lift off, stretching so that his head was almost right next to Aaron's face.  He looked the boy up and down, before sighing.  

"So...this is what Class 1-A has to offer huh?  I'm not entirely impressed.  Looks like we're a shoe in to win this tournament."  The boy's body finally arose from it's chair, and made it's way to Aaron.  It followed the path, left by the boys neck, straight back to his head.  He finally looked like a normal person.  "Yo.  My name's Hiroki Goto.  You don't seem to be from around here...so I'll pardon your intrusion for now.  We like to obey the rules in this class."  The boy's eyes wandered past the doorway.  "Well...most of us anyway."  

Another girl sprang up from her seat, and rushed over towards Aaron.  She took a deep breath, with her eyes focused on Aaron.

"Aha!  Trying to get a one up on the competition huh?!  Trying to figure out our quirks huh?!  Well I'm here to tell you that your plan is as foolish as it was manipulative!  I can't believe someone as evil, and conniving, to have come up with a plan like that, could even go to this school...besides Valerie that is.  I mean, she just ran out of here as soon as our teacher went to go put our names in the registry...and don't even ask me about my hero name!  Divulging that would certainly give you an upper leg on what my ability is, and that for sure isn't happening, not in a million billion years mister, you hear me!  Class 1-A must be a cesspool of degenerates like you huh!?  Disgusting!  Disgusting!  Utterly disgusting!  You make me sick!  DOWN WITH CLASS 1-A!"  The girl hoisted her fist in the air, as she looked on at Aaron with a fire in her eyes.  "I won't take it easy on you, scum!"  She said, pouting to the side, and dismissing the boy.  "You can go now."  She said, with pursed lips.  

"Don't listen to her.  She's just pumped up is all."  Hiroki said, placing a hand on the girl's head, and tussling it around.  "Isn't that right, Erika?"  The girl recoiled in horror, away from Hiroki.  

"M-m-m-my name!?  My Identity?!  My nearest and dearest possession, dashed away like it was some sort of trash on the sidewalk...and now the scum of 1-A can hear it echoing in their mind.  Cruel!  Cruel!  Incredibly cruel!"  The girl started beating on Hiroki's chest, but a sort of ripple effect caused her hands to be repelled as fast as she was hitting him.  "How could you Goto!"  

"You weren't going to give it to him.  Might as well introduce you for him."  He said, with a neutral stare aimed at Aaron.  

s06t3UC.png

Valerie gripped the boy's hand and pulled him in for a pat on his back, which caught him off guard. "That's no good, ya gotta go into these things with CONFIDENCE." She took the hand she had given a handshake with and placed it on his shoulder, looking the boy in the eye. "Now let me hear that again, this time with VIGOR, got it?" She said the last with a smirk. 

"O-oh, of course!" He responded. He didn't know what exactly she meant, but he was willing to give it his best shot. He took in a deep breathe and held his head high. "M-My name is Isami Kobayashi! I wish you the best of luck, because I'm going to give it my all!" He shouted a bit awkwardly, a red blush rushing to his face. He wasn't used to shouting like that in the slightest, as he lowed his head a bit. "That was a bit loud... sorry..." He chuckled nervously. However, he had a grin on his face. Soon after other students went up to introduce themselves to Valerie.

From behind him, he heard a rather robotic sounding voice. Turning around, he saw Sayrui with a strange device on her arm. "I am Sayuri Sasaki. You are very loud by the way. Please dial it down a notch. Or five." The voice seemed to come from the strange machine in her arm. Before Isami could say anything about it, however, Gin had started his tirade. One thing was for sure; this upcoming competition was going to be fierce. Once Gin was done, and after his stomach growled, he stepped outside to presumingly get food. 

Isami could feel adredaline rush into his veins. Before, he simply wanted to have a good time, but now he felt a drive to aim for the top. He turned to Valerie once again, before panning out to the other students around him. "Well, whatever happens, let's have fun with it! And may the best hero win." He smiled at them; his eyes were, for once, filled with determination. 

"I'm not about to let just anyone walk off doing better than me, so I hope you both bring your A-game! Ah, I'm Asuka."

"M-My name is Isami Kobayashi! I wish you the best of luck, because I'm going to give it my all!"

"Now THAT'S what I'm talking about! Glad to see my victory won't be TOO one-sided." Valerie laughed and gave the group a thumbs up. Her attention was taken by the robotic voice that sounded after the others introduced themselves.

"I am Sayuri Sasaki. You are very loud by the way. Please dial it down a notch. Or five."

Valerie cocked her head to the side. "Dunno what you mean, this is how I talk is all! Life's too short to waste time paying attention to things like volume, I always say!"

And then, as if to highlight this worldview, another person came charging up to Valerie, and he...well he certainly had a lot to say. Valerie's grin grew larger as he went on, though the jab at her class bothered her, and by the time he was done she was practically glowing with energy and excitement. Those around her would feel the air heating up slightly.

As the boy left the room Valerie called after him. "I look forward to fighting you, too!"

Of course she realized this guy wasn't simply expressing friendly competitive spirit. There was definitely a few screws loose in that one. However...how would she grow stronger if she didn't fight people whose passion was burning hot? It might be an unhealthy flame but at least it WAS a flame.

She looked at the rest. "That guy's boiling over ain't he? I can't wait to take him on."

There was a few that hadn't greeted her, but one in particular caught Valerie's attention. Mostly because, unlike the others, he didn't seem to have any particular reason for not responding. She approached him and placed a hand on his desk, leaning towards him. "You look like you got something to say. What're you waiting for, an invitation?"

Archived