[CIBR] Mermail Abyssnelia

image.jpg

Mermail Abyssnelia
WATER/Aqua
Level 3
1200 ATK / 2000 DEF

You can only use each of this card’s name effects once per turn.
(1) During either player’s turn: You can discard this card, then target 1 WATER monster you control; destroy another WATER monster in your hand or field, and if you do, the targeted monster gains ATK and DEF equal to the original ATK and DEF of the destroyed monster until the end of this turn.
(2) If this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: You can draw 1 card, then discard 1 card from your hand.

sauce: https://ygorganization.com/neptabyss-wasnt-enough/

yap she is Superancient Deep Sea Coelacanth Waifu alrite

Welp, I can't speak on Mermails (since I've never played them) so I won't. Instead I'll just note how helpful this card looks for Graydles and leave it at that.

Hopefully if they're giving Mermails more stuff, they can give my boys the Fire Kings some more stuff too...

Also, I'm blanking: is there a WATER archetype that likes self-destruction? There are a few for FIRE, Scraps for EARTH, Kozmo for LIGHT/DARK... Is there one for WATER?

Maybe they just want people to play Mermails without Atlanteans for once in your life you dirty dirty drug users. No, but really, this seems like an ok enough card, the most use it will have is probably in other Decks though, like Graydle and Crystron. Last effect is probably meant for Link Monster use.

I don't know why, but I find her really beautiful artwork-wise; could it be her silver hair? I don't know. I wonder if she has any backstory.

As for the effect, it doesn't look like it's intended to directly support Mermails or Mermanteans, but rather other WATERs. Bahrastos was the first that came to my mind.

Daily reminder Mermails and Atlanteans all correspond to mango tropes

Neptabyss = main character pretty boy

All the other Atlanteans = non-main characters who look bad to make Neptabyss look better

Gunde = plain but wholesome shy brown-haired character

Ocea = extravagantly social half-white blond beauty

Linde = jabroni character

Hilde = Gunde's short friend who encourages her to be more social

Dine = the loli

Skipping the rest, but you can now add Nelia = mysterious but alluring quiet white-haired maiden

> -2 to give battle protection/power when WATER already has easy OTK power

> Who even needs Linde anymore? lol

> Generic +0 trigger makes it not so bad???

Yeah nice try Konami trying to support WATER. I think I might just stick to the Ocea combo for now.

Archived