A School of Villains [IC/Not Accepting/PG-16]

King K. Azo

Kess was glaring at the wall with a peeved look, but she flicked her eyes over to Inu appraisingly as he spoke. Though there was a noticeable face twinge at the word "lawyer" that unmistakably broadcast her thought of "nerd," she appeared to be listening.

"Ignores the rules to do what they want, huh?" she asked, paraphrasing the sentence she found over-complicated down to its barest point. She sung herself around, leaning forward on the desk and tapping a finger pointedly against the surface. "See, that's funny to me, cause you seem to be talkin' 'bout all these fuckin' heroes." 

Her voice curdling with disdain, Kess allowed her gaze to drift upward in thought, Inu out of her thoughts for the moment. "Vigilante justice used to be illegal, didn't it?" she asked, scowling. "Then some idiot tosses on a cape and hits a bank robber and everything's all hunky dory for THEM." Kess wasn't entirely sure if this was how that had happened, but it didn't matter. "Why do heroes get a pass for butting into everyone's business? Nobody asked those idiots."

She was shaken from her anger by a small boy sitting near her. She whipped around, scowling at Alex. "Do you MIND?" she asked, eyes narrowing dangerously. "We're havin' a CONVERSATION, ya nosy idiot."

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pYjXyiE.jpg?1

"Damn Brat"

x393wz.jpg

Alex was drawing little doodles in his notebook of the people in the class with a small grin on the edge of his face. It was unclear what it was exactly, but there was enjoyment and somehow nostalgia in drawing moronic stick figures with little speech bubbles above their heads. He had also decided that he didn't like the nickname "Old Guy" and instead focused his attention on the marbles orbiting the guy's arms.  

Guess I'm late for the fights he thought to himself as he noticed the blood on dry blood on Revolting's arm. Sighing, he decided to put way his trusty little notebook and instead try and listen in on Pissed off-kun and Revolting's conversation. "Vigilante justice used to be illegal, didn't it?" "Then some idiot tosses on a cape and hits a bank robber and everything's all hunky dory for THEM." She told Pissed-off-kun, anger flowing through her voice like a flame burning a city down to a crisp. Just from those sentences, Alex could tell she was a reeeeaaaalllhothead. He started to phase out as more thoughts clouded his head. Just imagine art class, heard they have a guy named Hitler on staff...

"Do you MIND?"

"We're havin' a CONVERSATION, ya nosy idiot."

"Huh, what?" Alex said as he faded back into reality. "Oh hey, your... I'll just call you Revolting (get it?). You see, that wasn't a conversation per se. It was more like a hate speech if anything. A really, really bad one. Like on you would here from a complaining twelve year old."

x393wz.jpg

[spoiler=Alex's Nicknames]

Patton

Camille

Randall

Vichear

Devin

Mary

Eva

Inu

Kess

Rain

zVh9c9M.png

Rain Mirren

mMh3ba1.png

"I would say a villain is one that tries to disrupt the natural order of things. Not that this is always bad, mind you. Sometimes, you just have to disrupt the order to create a new one. Whether the general populace likes it or not.”

Rain struggled to keep a straight face.

So it’s another one of the preachy ‘create a new world’ types, eh? Well, dime a dozen. And he should work at least for business, I suppose.

Putting a smile on his face, he nodded along with Jin’s words.

“Yes, exactly. But personally, the drama can get a little… messy at times, does it not? I find pulling the strings more fun, anyhow.

Perhaps… Jin, is there any item or service you desire? I could accrue your wishes… but of course, only for an equivalent payment.”

Tilting his head slightly, an index finger on his lips, he continued.

“Don’t worry, confidentiality is… quite important. So any contracts between us two… will only be to our knowledge~”

mMh3ba1.png

"Ignores the rules to do what they want, huh?" she asked, causing Inu to look up at her. "See, that's funny to me, cause you seem to be talkin' 'bout all these fuckin' heroes." Inu stroked his chin as he listened to her. She actually had an interesting point. Not only that, but her blunt honestly was a nice change of pace from the silver tongued lies of hell.

"That is an interesting look on that," Inu said. "I now wonder if heroes go to hell or if their 'deeds' keep them out of eternal damnation... I guess I'll ask Satan if... when I get back to hell," He said. 

"Huh, what? Oh hey, your... I'll just call you Revolting (get it?). You see, that wasn't a conversation per se. It was more like a hate speech if anything. A really, really bad one. Like on you would here from a complaining twelve year old." a new kid had walked in, and started to run his mouth.

"Dude, what the funk?" Inu snapped. "Don't eavesdrop on other people's conversations. Next, I'll rip out your spine and use it as a chew toy!"

"Save the act, bub." He used his force powers to bring the chair back, taking a seat from it. "I know your type - trying to get on people's good side by agreeing to what they say. Dad gets all kinds of punks like you on the daily. Although I don't know why you'd try to kiss my ass... I guess I'm just that awesome, huh?!" He chuckled to himself. "Or maybe you've heard of my father... Apparently he's big here." He sighed. "I'd ask you for your actual opinion on the matter, but I don't really give a sheet what you think." His eyes lit up. "Let's have a more interesting conversation, huh? What's yer deal anyways? I mean I've basically showed you what I do with this damn chair, so what's so special about you?"

"I will like to point out I'm not trying to kiss up to you, per say," Vichear said, tapping his chin. "It's more like... I'm just not trying to make you angry. I certainly don't want anything from you, it's just I don't have a combative type power. And, also, I really did agree," He shrugged. "As for my powers, I can get info on people using these cards," He lifted up a blank card. "Would you like me to look into someone for you?"

"I don't really know much about saving the world or bending to ideals. It's a bit over my head I'm afraid." Mary laughed lightly. "I'm just a simple girl who wants to have fun. Is...bending people to your ideals fun for you? Doesn't that mean only one person can be the true villain?" Ali tapped her chin.

"Well, it's not the bending that's fun... it's when they realize that you're right, and they start doing what they're supposed to," Ali said. "I don't know why some people are so stubbron though... saying we're robbing them of free will, when all we're doing is giving them true happiness," She then thought about it. "The true villain? Hmm... I dunno. But would that matter if you're having fun doing what you want?"

“Yes, exactly. But personally, the drama can get a little… messy at times, does it not? I find pulling the strings more fun, anyhow. Perhaps… Jin, is there any item or service you desire? I could accrue your wishes… but of course, only for an equivalent payment. Don’t worry, confidentiality is… quite important. So any contracts between us two… will only be to our knowledge~”

Jin tapped his chin as he listened to Rain's words. "Yes, I do suppose you have a point. Pulling the strings would be less messy, and with my plans, things could be less messy," He then shook his head. "However, I follow the orders of our leader Hachi to the letter. I will help him make a world he desires," He rubbed his hands as he shifted in his seat. "As for your generous offer, I would like to take you up on it, but I must first run things by Tobashi and Hachi. I will ask them today, and get back to you tomorrow. Sound good?"

The Globe looked at the clock before calling out to the class. "It's almost time to switch classes, so wrap up anything you have to say. For your homework tonight... well, you have none, but please try to come to class on time tomorrow, alright?"

oXNSzB8.png

"So, I have to ask...so pardon sudden intrusion on your own personal reasons...but what's a person like you doing in a school such as this? I mean, an inventor with no latent abilities or powers in a school of uprising villains, it's quite strange." Akira gritted his teeth, but before he could answer, Arleigh added her two cents.

"Of course, what could a villain possibly do with a highly competent, yet wholly average skillset?" Arleigh remarked dryly.

"I'm not sure if that's a compliment or an insult, but I'll take it as a compliment!" Akira said, giving a thumbs up. He then turned to Victor, standing up and placing a foot on his desk. "That! That right there is why I'm doing this! 'You can't be a hero, you don't have powers!' 'You can't be an antihero, you're not edgy enough!' What, because I don't have powers just nullifies the fact that I can make a bomb out of bubblegum and a tin can?! The villains are more accepting of those without powers, so I came here! That's all there is to it!" He folded his arms, standing proud. 

"Wait, only bubblegum and a tin can?" Katie asked. 

"Okay, that's an exaggeration. I need a lighter to," Akira admitted. Then, something came walking into the room. A giant bird man, looking as dark as night. Akira stared at it, watching it walk into a seat. Akira stared for a few seconds before his eyes lit up with stars as he dashed over to Vix'us. "Holy crap, are you an alien? Oh jeez, that's so cool!" He said as he bounced in place. "What's your home planet like, what does your species eat? Ohohohohoh! Does being on Earth give you powers you don't have back home? Wait, hang on," He ran to the window, yelling out at the top of his lungs. "SUCK IT GARY, I WAS RIGHT, THERE IS LIFE IN SPACE! YOU OWE ME HUNDRED DOLLARS!" He then walked back to Vix'us. "Oh, sorry, I was super excited. I'm Akira. Your name is?"

4UuhTQy.png

"I will like to point out I'm not trying to kiss up to you, per say," Vichear said, tapping his chin. "It's more like... I'm just not trying to make you angry. I certainly don't want anything from you, it's just I don't have a combative type power. And, also, I really did agree," He shrugged. "As for my powers, I can get info on people using these cards," He lifted up a blank card. "Would you like me to look into someone for you?"

Randall gave the boy a doubtful look, his eyes squinting. Despite what he'd like to think, he wasn't exactly the best judge of characters. "Hmm... well, if you really do agree with me..." He clapped his hands together. "Then I guess you got a good head on your shoulders!" He grinned widely, leaning back on his chair, staring at the blank card. "So you can get information on these little cards, huh... I don't really got anyone specific in mind..." He took a look around the classroom, looking at all the other students. His eyes stopped at the red head with the electric powers. "How about electrojabroni over there?" He nudged his head towards the girl's direction. "What can you tell me about her?" However, the teacher suddenly made an announcement. Randall turned towards The Globe.

"It's almost time to switch classes, so wrap up anything you have to say. For your homework tonight... well, you have none, but please try to come to class on time tomorrow, alright?"

"No homework? Nice!" He chuckled slightly, before turning back to Vichear. "So how does this sheet work, exactly?"

pYjXyiE.jpg?1

"Damn Brat"

x393wz.jpg

After Alex had finished speaking, Pissed-Off kun had decided to become... well pissed off. "Dude, what the funk?" he said, coming off pretty strong. Though, the rest of his sentence wasn't really that scary, even though it was obviously supposed to be. "Don't eavesdrop on other people's conversations. Next, I'll rip out your spine and use it as a chew toy!" "Sure you will, bud." Alex replied, sounding extremely bored. He returned to his notebook, doodling pissed-off kun as a toothless dog for the metaphor of all bark no bite. He started pondering whether or not to toy with him. It seemed best not to, as there'll probably be a better chance to embarrass Pissed-off kun than a random moment in a random class.

"It's almost time to switch classes, so wrap up anything you have to say. For your homework tonight... well, you have none, but please try to come to class on time tomorrow, alright?" The teacher announced. Alex checked his timetable for the class he should go to after this. Magic, huh? Seems interesting enough. As he started to walk out, he noticed Mr Dapper was doing something with his cards. So now he looked cool and seemed to be doing something cool. Long story short, he looked like the perfect person for Alex to become

friends with. But for that, he would have to be patient. After all, time rewards those who are patient.

x393wz.jpg

Patton

Camille

Randall

Vichear

Devin

Mary

Eva

Inu

Kess

Rain

Kess tapped a finger on the desktop. She had long since ceased sloughing off electricity into the air around her, but one lone, small fork was trailing from her fingertip to the surface of the desk every time she drew it up in the air. Her hand had scabbed over by now as well, but she was still holding the scowl she had started the day with.

"Who cares where they go?" she demanded of Inu petulantly. "I just want them gone. Period." The face of her brother ghosted its way through her head, and her temper flared right as Alex spoke up again.

Kess brought her number of total desks thrown that day to two within a second, the desk flying over Alex (he had moved at just the right moment) and smashing against the wall, breaking into two uneven pieces that crashed to the floor. Kess was on her feet, striding towards him and shoving him to the side as she passed him, rounding around to block his way.

"You," she barked, leaning forward to shout directly into his face, "Are real lucky I'm taking it easy; I'm saving up to kick someone else's ass." She spared Patton one quick, rage-filled glare. "The hell are you, anyway, Peashooter?" she asked, reaching up to shove Alex away from her and striding towards Patton's desk, throwing her palms down on the surface. The shoulder she had used to throw both the desks gave a twinge of pain, but she ignored it. "Let me just borrow this git here for a minute," she said to Camille with false sweetness before she glared at Patton. The fact that he was looking to shoot Camille in the face didn't really register with her. "Best say your name nice and loud for the class, Peashooter. Make sure everyone here'll remember it when I polish you off." She had decided to spare the brat, for now. This one here had way more spine. He was perfect. She could take him; She KNEW it.

"Don't think you're off the hook, brat," she added, rotating her head around to look back at Alex. "As soon as I scrape this jerkoff from my boot you're next!"

pYjXyiE.jpg?1

"Damn Brat"

x393wz.jpg

But Revolting just had to throw a chair over Alex's head through rage and with potential for a slow-mo. Heck, it was even cool to watch the chair dissolve into two pieces and leave a nice mark on the wall and make a painful but also kinda cool crashing sound as it hit the floor. She then proceeded to rudely rush him, shove his arm out the way with an equally rude shoulder brushing and block his way out. Rudely. "You," She started to say, with that rude mouth of her's. "Me." He quickly responded, clearly ticking off revolting even more. "Are real lucky I'm taking it easy; I'm saving up to kick someone else's ass." She took a break from speaking for a second to stare at Marble Man. She then rudely decided that Marble Man was more important than him and strode over to his desk. He then started to continue walking out when she decided to turn her rude head back at him.

"Don't think you're off the hook, brat," She barked. "As soon as I scrape this jerk off from my boot you're next!" All Alex could do was smirk. What a perfect guinea pig  Alex thought to himself. He couldn't pass up a chance to humiliate such a hot-head. But he decided that like with Pissed-off kun, there'll be better times to humiliate her. He decided to sketch another version of revolting similar to also Pissed-off kun.

x393wz.jpg

Patton

Camille

Randall

Vichear

Devin

Mary

Eva

Inu

Kess

Rain

3Q9bv2S.png

"I don't really know vampires work, but I doubt much of anything can survive without a head. I can't tell exactly what you are playing at, but if you plan to use me as some kind of buffet, you might be surprised by which one of of loses more blood in the process."

"How violent," Camille teased. "As much as I admire your straightforwardness, try not to get yourself too worked up. Stress is bad for people." With her powers having been put on proper display to her partner - much to Patton's dismay, apparently - Camille returned to her spot across from him. Although she was rather confident she could win if a fight broke out, the two were still in class, and she didn't want to get on any of the staff's bad side. They were still fully-fledged and proper villains; the type of people Camille and the other students were here to train to become. It stood to reason that if The Globe decided a fight wasn't okay and should be dealt with by force, Camille didn't think she could take him on. Even if his disposition seemed particularly unlike what she'd imagined villains to be like. She always imagined them as being more the brooding type, possibly a bit of a gun nut, with long red coats and demonic familiars.

Camille rather liked that mental image.

She was perfectly ready to start up a question related to the subject at hand, but soon a pair of hands slammed down onto Patton's desk. It was the electric girl with the delectable blood!

"Let me just borrow this git here for a minute. Best say your name nice and loud for the class, Peashooter. Make sure everyone here'll remember it when I polish you off."

Oh. This should be interesting.

QYD3LUb.png?1

w5GTvGH.png?1

As Vix'us sat there as quietly as Vol'Thoo'Maranly possible, one of the earthlings couldn't help but shove himself into Vix'us' personal space.  

"Holy crap, are you an alien? Oh jeez, that's so cool!"  What's your home planet like, what does your species eat? Ohohohohoh! Does being on Earth give you powers you don't have back home? Wait, hang on, SUCK IT GARY, I WAS RIGHT, THERE IS LIFE IN SPACE! YOU OWE ME HUNDRED DOLLARS!  Oh, sorry, I was super excited. I'm Akira. Your name is?"

He was very...how did they say...Obnautious...no that didn't sound right.  He tried to mix it around in his head to find the word, but found no luck.  Seeing as how this human...this 'Akira'...would not leave him alone unless he was satisfied with an answer, he had no choice.  His chest expanded, and compressed, as if he was sighing, but no noise came from him.  Instead, the sigh manifested as a thought in Akira's mind, as did the words that followed.  

"Yes.  I am Extraterrestrial compared to your Eeerth."  Was his communication alright thusfar?  "No.  I do not have special abilities due to residing on Eeerth.  They are of an ancient sort, long forgotten by my own.  As for my name, it is Vix-"  He was interrupted by another voice. 

"It's almost time to switch classes, so wrap up anything you have to say. For your homework tonight... well, you have none, but please try to come to class on time tomorrow, alright?"

It was the perfect opportunity to ditch the kid.  Although he had no intentions on being early to class, seeing as he had no obligation, he still wished to be rid of this human.  

"Well, it seems we must be off to our next closses."  He rose from his chair, tall as a tree, and headed out the door as fast as he came, on his way to Mechanics.  

"Well, it's not the bending that's fun... it's when they realize that you're right, and they start doing what they're supposed to," Ali said. "I don't know why some people are so stubborn though... saying we're robbing them of free will, when all we're doing is giving them true happiness," She then thought about it. "The true villain? Hmm... I dunno. But would that matter if you're having fun doing what you want?"

"I suppose I can't argue with fun...though I'm not sure what being right has to do with fun...Seems we all have our ways of having fun. Maybe sometime I could show you mine." Mary smiled at the girl, staring for just a bit too long with unblinking eyes.

Oh well wasn't that nice? No homework on the first day is certainly appreciated. Mary waited to make sure if Ali wanted something else before getting up from her seat. Magic was next, something that was certain to be exciting with many...opportunities. She wondered who else here had taken it...

Mary jumped a bit as the desk hit the wall. Goodness gracious that was loud. What if that had hit her...the pleasant thought almost clouded her from noticing the confrontation happening nearby.

It was the Violence Duo once again of course.

"Best say your name nice and loud for the class, Peashooter. Make sure everyone here'll remember it when I polish you off."

Mary bit her lip. Mary had to suppress the urge to bite harder. Mary stepped a few hesitant steps forward. She truly didn't want anyone fighting. Especially on the first day of school. The idea that they might turn their aggression on her did also cross her mind though as she moved closer to the pair, or rather the trio she supposed, and cleared her throat. "Perhaps it would be best to, ah, do that some other time? Fighting like this it's...well shouldn't we be saving energy for classes and..." What was something villains fought? Oh, right. "and heroes? I hoped that coming to a school with so many like-minded people would mean we'd all get along. Could you perhaps...try that? Maybe? Please?" Mary looked nervous on the outside, and she was, but some excitement welled up inside as she glanced between the violent expressions before her and smiled shyly.

ubSAQCf.jpg?1

iU8EggM.png

-The Sound of the Past-

"Of course, what could a villain possibly do with a highly competent, yet wholly average skillset?"

Victor heard that tone and his eyes widened for a moment. That type of tone that only meant that... Quickly turning around to see where it originated from, he saw Arleigh's own laptop there on her desk...a literal brick of a computer. Of course, he recognized the model: Gateway 2000 Solo 2200. They don't typically make those models anymore. It's the new age...

He glanced at Arleigh before deciding to speak to the brick of a computer. "Dear lord. I don't mean to ask....but how old are you?"

However...the response Victor got wasn't at all what he was expecting. "Mein gott! Do you have no respect for your elders, kind?! Does not even say hello or offer to make tea! I never! What sort of undisciplined rapscallion sees an elder, one who has built the foundation they now stand upon with their own blood, sweat and tears, and thinks not of anything but how old they are!"

Victor was caught off guard by the sudden response that this laptop gave him. Oh boy...I literally wasn't expecting this response from this type of laptop. Alright, um...try and apologize. he thought, before resuming his conversation with the brick. "I...uh...meant no disrespect. I just...haven't seen a model like you around except in pictures floating around the internet."

"Well, young one I'll overlook this discrepancy for now! You have a keen eye about you, I'll say! An eye like that will save one's arsch on the front! I'll have no you know that I am of the Gateway Solo 2000 series, Nineteen-ninety-seven! In my prime I was on the bleading edge of portable technology, I'll tell you! Eleven-and-half-inch floppy drive, full standard disk drive, all modular! Or an extra battery if you so please! EIGHTY MEGABITES OF RAM, a 2.1 Gigabyte harddrive, a two gigabyte graphics chipset AND A PENTIUM MMX PROCESSOR! I laugh at those that still needed THREE-DEE ACCELERATION FOR THEIR ELECTRONIC VIDEO GAMES! Infrared port for wireless printing, online capability, I COULD DO IT ALL! More computing, more places!!!" the laptop responded in quite a lot of detail and spoke with a lot of pride. "Back in my day, I went for over $5,000, or $8,000 in your modern dollars! I'm afraid I'm a little too much for you young ones to handle, sport!"

"I...don't doubt that in the slightest." Victor responded, wanting to finish the conversation quickly. "Well...it's been a well informative talk. Sorry to...uh, upset you at the beginning. Arleigh seems to be quite fortunate to have a machine like you at her disposal."

"You're damn right she is!"

Victor quickly cut off the link between him and Arleigh's laptop, exhaling slowly. No offense to him...but I seriously think she needs an upgrade... he thought, before turning his attention to Arleigh. "That seems to be...quite the interesting laptop you have. You seem to be quite fortunate to have it at your disposal..."

"I actually stole it from a garage sale. It was only for sale for twenty euroes anyways. Piece of junk doesn't let me play DOOM at higher resolutions."

Well...this was a new one for Victor. Then again...villain school...he'd hear things about this sooner or later. Nevertheless, he shook his head and turned his attention back to Akira who was now standing with one foot on his desk. Apparently he and Arleigh must've said something wrong...

"That! That right there is why I'm doing this! 'You can't be a hero, you don't have powers!' 'You can't be an antihero, you're not edgy enough!' What, because I don't have powers just nullifies the fact that I can make a bomb out of bubblegum and a tin can?! The villains are more accepting of those without powers, so I came here! That's all there is to it!"

With a small nod, Victor understood what Akira meant. While it was unorthodox to have someone without powers at a school such as this, it would be a dream crusher not to be inducted and even given a chance to fulfill their dreams. "I see...I see. Honestly, with that type of talk you're starting to sound like my role model." Victor chuckled, only to hear Akira address the elephant in the room...or rather, the bird.

"Holy crap, are you an alien? Oh jeez, that's so cool! What's your home planet like, what does your species eat? Ohohohohoh! Does being on Earth give you powers you don't have back home? Wait, hang on. SUCK IT GARY, I WAS RIGHT, THERE IS LIFE IN SPACE! YOU OWE ME HUNDRED DOLLARS! Oh, sorry, I was super excited. I'm Akira. Your name is?"

Victor was a little shocked at the appearance of this alien creature in class. Then again, he did notice someone trying to get into class but he was focused on his diagnostics run on his laptop to fully give his attention to the bird. Intriguing...I wonder...what would the tech from where he's from say. he thought, rubbing his chin slightly.

However, he didn't exactly get to say much to the bird, as he was seeming to be in a hurry to leave. Must not like the bubbly types like Akira. To each their own, he guessed. Nevertheless, Victor stood up from his desk, seeing his diagnostics check giving him green lights across the board. With that, he closed his laptop and slid it in his bag. Looking at the clock, he smirked. It was almost time for the second period class.

"Just a little bit longer...and I finally get to meet him face to face." Victor murmured with a smirk. "Dr. Cagey."

Arleigh

"I'm not sure if that's a compliment or an insult, but I'll take it as a compliment!" Akira said, giving a thumbs up. He then turned to Victor, standing up and placing a foot on his desk. "That! That right there is why I'm doing this! 'You can't be a hero, you don't have powers!' 'You can't be an antihero, you're not edgy enough!' What, because I don't have powers just nullifies the fact that I can make a bomb out of bubblegum and a tin can?! The villains are more accepting of those without powers, so I came here! That's all there is to it!" He folded his arms, standing proud. 

"Wait, only bubblegum and a tin can?" Katie asked in disbelief.

"Only bubblegum and a tin can?" Arleigh asked in disappointment, glancing up from her laptop before continuing with her work.

"Okay, that's an exaggeration. I need a lighter too," Akira admitted.

Arriving late at class was some sort of alien bird-thing. Arleigh glanced up, and then back down at her laptop while the other students assaulted the creature with various questions. However, before the announcement could be made for the next class, Arleigh had already slammed her laptop shut with more force than would be recommended with such a machine, and was already packing her bags. While history was of interest to her, she was far more excited for mechanics. Or rather, she was far more interested in seeing what kind of guns or weapons that the mechanics classroom had that Arleigh could take apart and learn. Right now her catalog of weapons, while sufficient for most encounters, was still lacking in the area of much more advanced and modern military weaponry.

The alien seemed more eager to get out of the classroom.

"Welp, all done there," Arleigh said, hoisting her bag. "Gentlemen, lady, it has been a pleasure." With a slight bow, she made for the exit and headed in the direction of the mechanics classroom, coincidentally the same direction the alien was going and was soon hot on his heels.

zVh9c9M.png

Rain Mirren

mMh3ba1.png

The plan had gone marvelously. Well, probably. While Jin had not immediately accepted his offer, it was unlikely Rain would be turned down. He had nothing that the Council would disapprove of besides smoking and drinking. If anything, his business would just be more profitable for them. And from the sounds of it, the leader as well as another member of the Disciplinary Council would be informed of his existence and venture.

”Sound good?”

Rain nodded, trying to keep his pleasure to a small, gracious smile.

“Absolutely. I look forward to the responses from you, as well as them.”

Time certainly had flown though, and before Rain had known it, the teacher announced the first period would be drawing to a close. Slipping Jin one of his business cards, Rain turned around in his seat, dusting off invisible specks of lint.

Getting up out of his chair and walking over to where Vichear was sitting. As he drew closer, the sight of the golden-haired child Hoshi was talking to reminded Rain of an earlier idea. Leaning in as unobtrusively as possible, he waved his hand slightly, conjuring up a business card and sliding it over towards Randall.

“Golden child… heir of Dukes, is it? Or would you prefer… Randall Motherfucking Dukes?

Anywho, pleasure to meet you. You may call me Mirren. I am better known as ‘The Merchant’ within the business world. Does it perhaps ring a familiar bell? If not, no worries.

I am a long-time and close business partner of your father’s. Fear not, I have heard your disdain of him loud and clear. I will not hold you to his expectations since I am not him. However, perhaps you have something you wish to… obtain. A good. A service. Whatever this vast world may have to offer.

All I ask for is a matching price. Worry not, I will not cheat you. After all, that would make for a poor reputation that would strangle further business ventures… even if I am what one might call… a villain. Such a quaint, yet limiting word, is it not?

Spreading his hands open wide in a gesture of good will, Rain tilted his head slightly, offering a calm smile.

“I look forward to conducting wonderful business opportunities with you, Randall Dukes~♪”

mMh3ba1.png

As Devin finished, she realized that Eva had fallen asleep in the middle of her speech. A small growl escaped the shapeshifter, but she was glad that the slip in her composure seemed to have gone unnoticed. Still, the feeling of how rude it was to doze while someone is giving an impassioned speech left her feeling miffed. Before she could rouse the zombie, the teacher spoke.

"Well, at least there's that... I'd rather not sit here in silence though. Hopefully someone else was abandoned..."

To her surprise, yet another desk went flying in the classroom, from the same source as before, Kess. Devin turned around to see the red-haired chick storm away from the Satan worshipper, in order to yell at a late student. A late student who looked... Remarkably similar to her casual attire. Same eyes, hair, skin tone... Was this guy trying to piss her off? Her irises began to show outright flames as she glared at the impostor, getting up before even realizing what she was doing. She marched over towards Kess and the boy, eyes still appaearing to blaze. It took her hand beginning to shift out of instinct for her to realize what she was doing, and by that point, she was next to Inu. The color drained from her face as she quickly took a seat next to him, pretending to simply swap partners.

"Y-you..." Devin stammered quietly, resuming her former appearance, "You d-didn't see anything. A-alright? I-I just used a bit of magic..."

Devin bowed her head to the hellhound from hell, her rage gone for the moment. She squeezes her eyes shut as she weakly whispered, only loud enough for someone close to her to hear. "P-please...?"

IK1noaq.png

eapDZZi.png

"How violent," the Anklebiter seemed to find the entire situation funny. How dare she. "As much as I admire your straightforwardness, try not to get yourself too worked up. Stress is bad for people." Patton gritted his teeth as she seemed to completely ignore his threat, casually sitting back down in the seat she had taken at the start of the assignment. Even as she remained completely nonchalant, his hand remained trained directly at the center of her head. If it came to it, Patton felt no qualms about killing this girl.

Before he could spit out another threat, he heard a shout from the back corner of the classroom, from a voice full of rage. "The hell are you, anyway, Peashooter?" His focus shifted away from the vampire sitting before him, to see Kess stomping over, looking belligerent as ever. The edges of his mouth curled up into a grin. Was it going to happen now? He kept his hand aimed at the face of the smaller of the two redheads, as Kess slammed her hands down onto his desk, though it seemed his desk managed to escape the cycle of violence that had already destroyed several within the last few minutes. Surprisingly, her attention turned briefly toward Camille, only to ask in a saccharine tone, "Let me just borrow this git here for a minute." Patton's excitement immediately switched back to rage, as he was referred to as some kind of object. "Best say your name nice and loud for the class, Peashooter. Make sure everyone here'll remember it when I polish you off."

Patton swallowed audibly, though none of his rage went down. "You so sure that's how it's gonna go down? You funking sure about that?" A handful of marbles left his pockets, running up his torso to orbit around his left hand, with enough moving to his right to match. He rose his hand directly at the face of the electric jabroni, as the speed of the marbles increased quickly. Gear 2. This pair of red-headed sluts were just roadblocks. Neither of them were strong enough to compete with his power. He would kill the two of them right here, right now, as well as anyone else who thought they could get in his way. "You think you are so strong because you can break a wooden desk? Look around! funking everyone here can do that! And you!" Turning his gaze downward, he made eye contact with Camille, needing to shout for his words to be audible over the whirring sounds of the marbles prepared to be fired at the two girls. "You think you are hot sheet because you can turn invisible and have some pointy teeth? That's gonna do you a whole lot of good when you are a stain on the wall!" Patton increased the force behind his marbles even further, now with 5 around each wrist. The sound they made could almost be likened to a jet engine as the air currents they created began to tear up the ends of his sleeves. Gear 3.

Before he could fire, he heard a vaguely familiar voice approaching him. A short blonde girl stepped nearer, forming a triangle with Patton and Kess. "Perhaps it would be best to, ah, do that some other time? Fighting like this it's...well shouldn't we be saving energy for classes and..." The idiot paused, seemingly losing track of her train of thought "and heroes? I hoped that coming to a school with so many like-minded people would mean we'd all get along. Could you perhaps...try that? Maybe? Please?" As anyone observing the events unfolding would expect, this just pissed off Patton even more.

"You think you can tell me what to do? You think you know what is good for me? I have had enough of being lumped in with all you mustache-twirling scheming types!" Looking back to Kess, he roared in her face, "My name is Patton Grisaille!" Suddenly, Patton pushed off from his left foot, bringing his right heel against the desk that separated him from the vampire. Kicking forward, he launched the desk in her direction, effectively a melee attack. Simultaneously, he changed the aim on each hand so that one arm pointed directly at Mary, and the other directly at Kess. Center of mass. Point blank range. Barring some kind of divine intervention, it would be nearly impossible for him to miss. "Point-Blank Bunker Buster!" He shouted through gritted teeth and a haze of rage, firing at the two living girls as he kicked the desk at the dead one.

Inu thought he was making good progress with Kess. They were having an interesting conversation and Kess was irritable, but not out right attacking anyone. And then that new kid opened his mouth, and it all went out the window. Joy. Inu sighed to himself and rested his face on his hand, watching the scene playing out in front of him. How was the demon from hell with a temper of a volcano calmer than these two?

What was more shocking was a girl walked over to the new kid as well. She seemed to be really angry, with her arm shifting to a new form... wait, what? He blinked as he saw her arm changing. He didn't expect to find a shapeshifter outside of hell. Maybe the girl was a succubus... or incubus, whichever. However, the 'girl' seemed to notice what was going on and quickly changed back, sliding into the seat in front of where Inu was.

"Y-you..." The girl stammered quietly, resuming her former appearance, "You d-didn't see anything. A-alright? I-I just used a bit of magic..." Inu raised an eyebrow, taking a quick sniff of the air. At least he know had... their scent. "P-please...?" they nearly begged. Inu sighed and shook his head.

"Sure, your secret's safe with me. I guess I should ask why you're so insistent, but it ain't none of my damn business, I suppose," Inu stated as he reached into his pocket. "I'm Inu," he said, trying to make casual conversation to calm them down. "You are?"

When Devin finished introducing themselves, Inu turned his head, listening to Patton ranting.

"You think you can tell me what to do? You think you know what is good for me? I have had enough of being lumped in with all you mustache-twirling scheming types!" Looking back to Kess, he roared in her face, "My name is Patton Grisaille!" Inu looked over at Jin. He was part of the Disciplinary Squad. Should he be doing... something? "Point-Blank Bunker Buster!"

The One in Charge

Suddenly, without warning or even a sign it happened, Patton was on the other side of the room, his face and hand being smashed into the wall full force, hard enough to draw blood. The desk was back safely on the ground with marbles on top of it, much to Inu's surprise. If the class looked to where Patton was now, they could see The Globe was the one that was holding him against the wall.

"Okay, boy," The Globe's voice was no longer the friendly lecturer at the beginning of the class, instead replaced by a voice as hard as steel, one that sent shivers down the spines of the weak. "I can see being Mr. Nice Guy won't work for you, so let me explain this in a way you'll understand," He then pushed Patton harder against the wall. "Here, this classroom is my domain. Not only that, but I am far stronger and more experienced than you. If you assault a student in my class again, I will send you to the nurse's office, got it?"

His eyes turned to Kess, and with one hand, he reached into his cloak and threw a knife, it soaring through the air and past Kess's cheek, leaving a large cut before it embedded itself into the wall. "As for you, next time you try to make such a disturbance in my class, I will torment you, slicing your body, carving it like a Christmas turkey, just like I did my arch nemesis before I killed him. And your cousin won't be able to do sheet to help you, got it?"

The bell suddenly rang, and The Globe vanished, suddenly behind his desk, the knife out of the wall and in his hand, a bandage on Kess's cheek and a tissue up Patton's nose. "The rest of you have a nice rest of the day!" He said in his cheerful tone.

Inu shook his head before standing up, gathering his things. "So, what class do you have next?" He asked Devin. "It's magic for me," He was hoping to regain some semblance of normal after all... that.

oXNSzB8.png

"Yes. I am Extraterrestrial compared to your Eeerth."

"Ah, right, it's a big universe. Calling you an extraterrestrial is kinda rude. Sorry about that," Akira muttered.

"No. I do not have special abilities due to residing on Eeerth. They are of an ancient sort, long forgotten by my own. As for my name, it is Vix-" He stopped as the bell rang. "Well, it seems we must be off to our next closses." The alien stood up, walking away from the classroom.

"Oh, um... bye Vix! Hope we talk again soon!" Akira called out. He sighed to himself, rubbing his head. "Man, that was the coolest thing ever... and I don't think he liked me very much...," The orange haired boy sighed but perked up. "Well, off to meet---,"

"Just a little bit longer...and I finally get to meet him face to face." Victor murmured with a smirk, causing Akira to look his way. "Dr. Cagey."

"Dr. Cagey, huh?" Akira stated. "Well, that's my hero... er... villain... inspiration, as well," He walked up, standing face to face to Victor. "And I'll become the first apprentice he's ever taken, got it?" He asked. He then held an arm out, the grappling hook shooting out the door and causing him to fly out the door. Katie sighed as she stood up.

"Well, it was nice to meet all of you," she said as she stretched a little. "Try not to die on the first day," She then suddenly turned into a human shaped light of neon pink, rapidly rushing out the door and vanishing.

oXNSzB8.png

The mechanics class was much different than the last class. Instead of individual desks, there were six large tables, big enough for 8 people to comfortably sit down around. Dr. Cagey himself sat behind a desk, organizing papers. Two large robots stood next to his desk, watching the students walking in. One was sleek, its armor being black, with golden trim. A V-like boomerang was attached to his head, and he wielded a large boomerang like a sword. The other was large and bulky, with a large fan in its center, and a large gun attached to his arm.

They were obviously there to make sure no one caused any trouble. Dr. Cagey waited patiently for everyone to take a seat before he stood up.

"Welcome to Mechanics Class," He said in a neutral tone. "Now, in this class, you will be handling dangerous materials, so you have to sign this waiver before I can allow you to build anything. Velocity Man, if you would," He handed the papers to the sleek robot, who became a blur. Everyone could feel a gust of wind as papers were placed in front of them and the robot returned to his original station.

"It's done," Velocity Man stated.

"Now, you punks better behave," The blue robot said. "I'm Tempest Man, and you can't defeat me,"

"Tempest Man, relax," Dr. Cagey said as the robot turned and nodded.

"Apologizes, sir," He stated with a bow. Dr. Cagey then waited for everyone to sign their waivers, tapping a pen on the table as he did.

Relief washed over Devin as the dog, who she now knew was named Inu, causing her to slump slightly in her seat. A nervous laugh escaped her as she pulled herself back up, composed once more. The fear in her eyes was still somewhat present, but she had otherwise restored equilibrium.

"I'm Devin." The shapeshifter managed a smile, glad to find someone who wasn't as flamboyant or trigger happy. "Devin Kismet."

Before the conversation could continue, the druggy began to cause a scene. Rather, Devin figured, he escalated a scene that she herself had almost gotten sucked into. She pushed her hands against the desk, pushing herself to her feet.

"Dammit, I don't want to reveal this openly yet, but I have to stop this! Guys like him...!"

In an instant, Patton was against a wall, face bleeding, and the room was otherwise back to normal. Devin blinked in confusion, not even noticing that the reason Patton had moved was the Globe's doing at first. The entire dispute, which could have escalated, was over in... less than a single moment?

If you assault a student in my class again, I will send you to the nurse's office, got it?"

Devin shuddered at the teacher's chilling shift in tone. She knew this was how he really must be, that the kind schtick was just that. However, it still made her skin crawl to see a professional villain in action, ready to kill a student over misbehavior. And the red-haired chick was no exception, either. As soon as he had threatened Kess, the bell rang, and he had returned to his desk with the same haste that he stopped Patton.

"The rest of you have a nice rest of the day!"

Devin couldn't have been more glad to already be standing. The classroom had only served to infuriate her, and it looked like plaiyng pranks on most of these people was out of the question. Too volatile. She tried to make a break for the door nearest her, but paused when the hellhound spoke to her. He seemed less of a psychopath than the others, and he did keep her status secret... She didn't have much of a choice, did she?

"So, what class do you have next?" He asked Devin. "It's magic for me,"

"I, uh... I have free period next. I think I'm going to go find that Robbie guy from the opening ceremony." She shot Inu a small grin, "I'm sure you can figure out why. I have 3rd period Linguistics, though, so maybe see you there!"

She sped out of the room after that, heading off to God knows where. Heading down the hall, she reached her hand into her abdomen, pulling the class schedule out of it. 

"Hrm... Robbie isn't on here... Linguistics currently lacks a teacher? Let's hope the hotheads aren't in there..."

She sidestepped someone in her way, continuing to move quickly. She didn't know where she was headed, but being around the more hotheaded Psychology classmates was not in her best interest at this time. Maybe she would swing by the cafeteria and see if she could get a bite to eat early? Deciding on that path, Devin headed towards the cafeteria, still reading the paper. 

"So, someone named Bloodstone is teaching PE... For History I ha- wait, you're joking, right?"

Nope. His name was plain as day. Devin groaned audibly as she pushed open the doors to the cafeteria, grumbling afterwards.

"Dammit, this appearance was a mistake... I guess I'll say magical hairdye, it's not like it's unbelievable. There's no way I'm walking into a Hitler's classroom looking like an anime chick."

She was roused from her thoughts by what she thought to be humming. The large room was vacant, so where was it coming from? Was it a cook?

"Is it coming from the kitchen? That would make sense... HELLO Anyone in here?"

3Q9bv2S.png

"And you! You think you are hot sheet because you can turn invisible and have some pointy teeth? That's gonna do you a whole lot of good when you are a stain on the wall!"

I was right about him after all. This boy will be trouble.

"You think you can tell me what to do? You think you know what is good for me? I have had enough of being lumped in with all you mustache-twirling scheming types! My name is Patton Grisaille! Point-Blank Bunker Buster!"

A desk was being flipped over onto Camille, but before she had time to take evasive actions... it was back where it was supposed to be. The marbles were on it. Patton was up against the wall, bleeding, and holding him there was...

"Okay, boy, I can see being Mr. Nice Guy won't work for you, so let me explain this in a way you'll understand. Here, this classroom is my domain. Not only that, but I am far stronger and more experienced than you. If you assault a student in my class again, I will send you to the nurse's office, got it? As for you, next time you try to make such a disturbance in my class, I will torment you, slicing your body, carving it like a Christmas turkey, just like I did my arch nemesis before I killed him. And your cousin won't be able to do sheet to help you, got it?"

Now that was what Camille had expected of a Lowhaven teacher! It seemed the goody two-shoes act was precisely that. The Globe was turning out to be far more interesting than Camille had initially made him out to be. The class was soon dismissed, and students were sent off to their second period class. For Camille, that would be magic class. She had little interest in gizmos and gadgets, preferring her spells that did the same thing she'd want from a gadget but so much better.

SH5rY3i.jpg
As the second period of classes began and students moved to and fro to their classes, those among the students that would be joining the magic class would enter the room to find a single figure sitting at a desk, flipping through the pages of a large book. It didn't look as if she was actually reading it; merely going through the pages to pass the time while waiting for the class to assemble. Even as students gathered, it took a bit for her to draw her attention away from the book, before shutting it and setting it down on her desk with a distinctly heavy thud.

"Welcome to magic class," she nonchalantly said, greeting her class with little more than an uninterested glance over her students. She paused briefly, observing her students, before muttering "I swear they look weaker by the decade." Clearing out her throat, the teacher picked up a piece of chalk before releasing it from her fingers, as if picking it up was a mistake in the first place. Rather than fall, the chalk remained in the air, writing out her name on the board behind her. As it wrote down "Departed" before setting itself back down, the teacher began her brief and formal introduction.

"I am Departed, and I will be your teacher for this class. Unless you fancy your odds of overpowering a centuries-old lich who's committed her entire afterlife to magical research, I would strongly advise you don't start any trouble in this classroom. You may notice that there is a blank sheet of paper on each of your desks. Your assignment today will be to write down at least one thing you aim to accomplish through the study and application of magic. Now, if you'll excuse me."

With that, Departed returned to her seat, and reopened the book at her desk. "Not this year either, I'm guessing," she muttered.

Camille, meanwhile, looked down at the sheet of paper in front of her. What would I want to accomplish precisely, using magic?

ubSAQCf.jpg?1

iU8EggM.png

"Dr. Cagey, huh?"

Victor looked over at Akira, after he apparently turned and heard what he said. He was about to respond, but was already having Akira walking towards him to face him face to face.

"Well, that's my hero... er... villain... inspiration, as well. And I'll become the first apprentice he's ever taken, got it?"

He watched as Akira grappled out of the room, before a small smile appeared on his face. Well, makes sense on why he's quite the tinkerer... he thought, before slinging his bag over his shoulder. With that, Victor started heading out of the classroom and making his way towards the Mechanics class. Though as he made his way to the class, he couldn't help but think about what Akira said. The first apprentice Cagey has taken? This was a true statement, now that he thought about it. Cagey wasn't one to take any apprentices, so it would make sense that someone like Akira would want to be an apprentice.

However...

Directly learning under one of the greatest scientific and evil genius minds of our time? Sorry Akira...but you're not the only one gunning for that position! Victor smirked widely.

x393wz.jpg

-Dr. Cagey's Mechanics Class-

Finally he reached the Mechanics class and Victor felt his heart pounding in his chest. Get it together McCoy...it's just class...taaaaaaaught by your idol...BUT BESIDES THAT you can do this. he thought, running his hand through his hair before exhaling deeply.

After a few moments, he opened the classroom door and stepped in. Of course, since this was a different type of class, it didn't have desks per-say but large tables. It made sense to him, after all, this class wasn't like the others. Either way, he made sure to move up to one of the front tables and when he glanced up, he saw Dr. Cagey himself at his desk. And beside him...two autonomous robotic creations, one with a boomerang and the other with a huge fan turbine in it's chest. He was almost jumping out of his skin, well in a mental perspective mind you, outward he was doing his best to keep his composure.

So these are the doctor's famous robots... Victor thought, staring at the boomerang one and then at the fan turbine one, before glancing back at the other. It is true he saw the technology and machines that Dr. Cagey had created around the school when he got here, but these...these seemed like on a whole new level altogether.

"Welcome to Mechanics Class. Now, in this class, you will be handling dangerous materials, so you have to sign this waiver before I can allow you to build anything. Velocity Man, if you would."

Victor waited to see what would happen, but suddenly he blinked and Velocity Man was gone and he now was holding a waiver in his hand. As soon as he glanced down at the paper, looking back up, he saw Velocity Man taking his spot back at the desk. Freakishly fast...that's amazing!

"Now, you punks better behave. I'm Tempest Man, and you can't defeat me."
"Tempest Man, relax."
"Apologizes, sir."

He took out his reading glasses and tossed him on, glancing over the waiver before pulling out a pen. Hm...seems simple enough for what this class is entailing. Doesn't seem like there will be too much trouble. he thought, quickly signing his name, clicking his pen and removing his glasses.

When Mary spoke up, Kess's pupils contracted, taking a deep breath as she turned and leered with unchecked malice at Mary.

"So help me God," she hissed, sparks riding up her arms in snapping arcs. "Can you just piss off and let me do what I came here to do? Who do you think you are, butting into someone else's business? Some HERO, eh?" She sneered this last remark, a giant, eight-foot long spark snapping out into the air to her side, almost singeing Camille. But then Patton started talking, and Kess suddenly noticed how much... faster the marbles were spinning around his wrists.

"What the hell..." she muttered distractedly, raising a preparatory arm up so her hand covered her face instinctively. Lightning coiled in the palm of her hand, anticipating the strike before Kess even realized it was coming, her tingling nerves amping her up.

"What are you-" she snapped suddenly, realizing what the boy, what PATTON, that was his name, what Patton was doing, moving to leap out of the way, sparks running around her legs, but then-

"What the funk?!?" she gasped, falling back a step as Patton was suddenly against a wall, held there by... The hooded teacher? But he was far different than he had been up to this point. The man Kess had so easily dismissed was livid. Kess faltered, the electricity dying down and vanishing as her eyes stayed glued on The Globe, and what he was doing to Patton. How had he... He had incapacitated him in the space of a second. Kess realized the desk he had thrown was back in its place as well, none of the students (barring Patton himself) the worse for wear. Real fear now trickled into her brain, her lack of comprehension pulsating sickly in her head. How had he done that?

A flash of silver in her eye. Kess barely even registered it before pain flowered across her cheek. She whipped her head around, seeing the knife quivering in the wall as The Globe vehemently threatened her.

She raised her hand to her cheek, feeling the blood there. Finally words escaped her. "What the hell?" Her voice held a slight shake to it. "What the hell are you-"

The Globe wasn't there anymore. Neither was the blood. Kess yanked her fingers away as she felt the bandage there, wheeling around to stare dumbfoundedly at The Globe as he sat at his desk, the picture of cordiality. She toom a step back, sparing one final glance at Patton before turning and walking out the door, her walk stiff and unnatural.

It was several minutes before she stopped in a bathroom, whipping into a stall and collapsing against the wall. She was breathing hard now, her face white. Everyone had been so... unimpressive. So not THAT when she got here. The Globe had become one of the most terrifying things she had ever seen. She punched the wall frustratedly, reopening the cut she had gotten earlier punching a desk. How the hell had she forgotten that no matter how easy and weak these idiots all seemed, they were goddamn VILLAINS? Hadn't most of the staff killed people?

"These other idiots are sheet... But the teachers..." Her cousin's face flashed through her mind. She had managed to rescue her from a police station by herself. Kess had been barely conscious at the time, but she had seen several dim forms on the ground, still and silent. She had never asked if they had been dead. But she had a pretty good idea. 

She growled, reaching up and tearing the bandage from her face, exposing the cut. It was only dripping blood a little bit now, but she didn't care. She may not be able to fight The Globe herself, and she WAS afraid of him, but she wasn't going to look like she was, damn it.

She strode from the bathroom, her breathing only barely under control. Fine. She wouldn't funk with the teachers. But out of the classroom... She splayed a hand out beside her, arcs of electricity scouring blackened gouges in the wall. "Patton Grisaille..." she muttered, striding purposefully down the hall, her face set in stone. "These teachers can wait a few years. I'll funk you up first chance I get."

- - - - - - -

Kess saw that Patton wasn't in Magic class when she walked in. The red-headed little freak she had spoken briefly with was, though, and she felt the desire to avoid her distinctly. She wasn't sure why. Something in the most base part of her brain screamed to stay away from her. Kess clenched a fist. She wanted to clock the little creep so badly. But the sting on her cheek held her back, though barely. She sat across the room from Camille, as far away from her as she could get, before taking in the woman at the desk up front. 

She didn't look impressive, though her dead-eyed gaze was a touch unnerving. But Kess waited for it. The Globe had been completely nonplussing when the class had started. And the penny dropped rather quickly. Apparently Departed (which was in Kess' opinion an even dodgier name than The Globe) was a centuries-old lich. Kess didn't know what the word "lich" meant, but the bit about being centuries old and having loads of magical power was enough. Don't piss her off. She felt a twinge of pain in the cut at the thought as she looked down to the paper before her.

Kess wasn't entirely sure whether her powers were magical or not. She didn't really care HOW they worked, just that they WORKED. Still, she was pretty sure her abilities weren't magical in any way. She had almost always been able to do it. She was pretty sure you had to read a lot of books to do any kind of magic. She curled her nose at the thought. She had wanted to take mechanics instead, but Deadvolt had seemed oddly insistent about keeping her away from machinery, for some reason. 

She seized a pen, scrawling quickly on the paper: "What I want to do against magic: Fight it and defeat it." She didn't really feel anything more needed to be said. She wasn't going to learn any magic. She just had to know how to fight it. There were heroes with magic out there. She recalled one her brother associated with called Mysterial. Or Miss Tery. Some stupid pun like that. 

pYjXyiE.jpg?1

"Damn Brat"

x393wz.jpg

As he had almost finished his final sketch of Pink Gal, Marble Man just had to throw a tantrum over Revolting's threats. As he turned his head, he noticed that she seemed to have a particular rage for him than Alex. To be honest, Alex was kind of disappointed. Normally, people would have a baseball bat at the ready with his name on it the minute they finish a conversation with him. But at the same time, he was kind of glad he didn't have to live through all that screaming that she did. But it seemed to be enough to make Marble Man blow, so it showed that he was just as weak to insults as Pissed-off kun and Revolting over there, so it seemed as that was the norm. 

"You so sure that's how it's gonna go down? You f***ing sure about that?" 

"You think you are so strong because you can break a wooden desk? Look around! f***ing everyone here can do that! And you!

He quickly turned around to face Charlotte Crimson beside him. As he turned, Alex saw the speed at which the marbles orbiting around his wrist were. Seems fast enough to kill a man... wait, he's planning murder He thought. As the lines dragged on and his marbles got larger in size and speed, Patton (as he had mentioned) prepared to shoot them by shouting a line that seemed straight out of an anime. However, the second it finished, both he and Revolting were propped up against the walls by what seemed to be the work of the teacher. 

"Okay, boy, I can see being Mr. Nice Guy won't work for you, so let me explain this in a way you'll understand. Here, this classroom is my domain. Not only that, but I am far stronger and more experienced than you. If you assault a student in my class again, I will send you to the nurse's office, got it? As for you, next time you try to make such a disturbance in my class, I will torment you, slicing your body, carving it like a Christmas turkey, just like I did my arch nemesis before I killed him. And your cousin won't be able to do s*** to help you, got it?"

Now normally if somebody had said something similar to him, he would've walked off and put his thumb in the air, but with this, it was nothing but intimidation and in what felt like forever, Alex was scared. When the teacher was finished, he turned back to mister nice guy and proceeded to vanish to his desk. Seeming as it was time for the next period, Alex decided to walk out and get dibs on a front row seat, But before that, he decided to write down in his notebook "Sucks to be you" and proceeded to rip the page out and show it off to Patton who was still hanging on the wall while doing a tongue out face. And just like that, Alex had left the classroom

Alex had opened the classroom doors and immediately noticed the women in a red cloak sitting at the desk at the front who was apparently the teacher. She was zipping through pages of a random book, despite not seeming to be reading it. Ignoring the strangeness of it all, Alex took his well deserved  front row seat and decided to finish the sketch of pink gal he had began to make and looked around the class. He noticed that Revolting was back, probably wanting to scream at him since her other rage buddy was in a different class. He also noticed Charlotte Crimson aka another of the victims that would've died. Come to think of it, this class is made up of almost entirely girls, with the exception of Pissed-off kun.

The teacher spoke up and told the class that she was a lich and she was hundreds of years old. Since Alex didn't know what a lich was, he just assumed it was another way of saying immortal gypsy. She then told the class to do the dullest thing ever. They had to write down what they wanted to do with magic on a sheet of paper. Since she mentioned that she was probably stronger than the entire class, he had no choice but to follow on. 

x393wz.jpg

Camille

Randall

Vichear

Devin

Mary

Eva

Inu

Kess

Rain

[spoiler=The Thing The Brat Wants To Do With Magic]

Stuff

4UuhTQy.png

Before Vichear could answer, another person jumped in on the conversation. “Golden child… heir of Dukes, is it? Or would you prefer… Randall Motherfu​cking Dukes?" Randall turned to the source of the voice, and was greeted by the pink haired girl that had been on the floor at the beginning of class. He saw that a business card had found its way onto his desk from seemingly nowhere. He got up to say something, but she kept going. "Anywho, pleasure to meet you. You may call me Mirren. I am better known as ‘The Merchant’ within the business world. Does it perhaps ring a familiar bell? If not, no worries." He thought his father might of mentioned something about 'The Merchant' at some point, although the title was generic enough that he might of just been talking about any merchant. 

"I am a long-time and close business partner of your father’s. Fear not, I have heard your disdain of him loud and clear. I will not hold you to his expectations since I am not him. However, perhaps you have something you wish to… obtain. A good. A service. Whatever this vast world may have to offer. He didn't remember seeing any pink haired girls doing business with his father, but there were many clients he didn't know about. He took a look at the business card.

All I ask for is a matching price. Worry not, I will not cheat you. After all, that would make for a poor reputation that would strangle further business ventures… even if I am what one might call… a villain. Such a quaint, yet limiting word, is it not?" Spreading her hands open wide in a gesture of good will, the girl tilted her head slightly, offering a calm smile. “I look forward to conducting wonderful business opportunities with you, Randall Dukes~♪”

"I don't do business" He bluntly said, cracking his knuckles. "Although I do have some questions for..." He was curious how a high schooler managed to supposedly become a business partner to his father. He turned his head towards the clock. There wasn't much time before 2nd period started. He cursed under his breath "We'll have to continue this conversation later, er..." He took another look at the card. "... Mirren, you said? See me after school. Got it?" He started to pick up his stuff as he heard someone shout in the room.

"My name is Patton Grisaille!" The white haired boy kicked a few desks around, aiming his hands towards Electrobi​​tch and the demure girl from earlier. Around his wrists were marbles, spinning around at dangerously high speeds. He looked like he was about to fire then right into the two girls. And then he wasn't. Instead, Patton's face was being grinded against the wall by The Globe.

"What the fu​ck!?" Randall shouted in surprise. While the teacher started talking in a much more menacing voice, Randall was still trying to process what just happened. He felt like he had missed something, but he was positive that he had seen it all. Taking a look around the room, he noticed that all the desks were back in their normal place, as if no one had tossed them around. "What are you?" He muttered under his breath, turning back to the Globe. He saw as the knife when flying through the sky, cutting electrobi​tch's face. The bell rang and, as it did, the Globe returned to his desk.

"The rest of you have a nice rest of the day!" He said in his cheerful tone. Randall made his way out of the room, both in shock and awe. 

"So that's what a real villain is like, huh?" He nervously chuckled, a bit pale from the events that had unfolded. "Maybe this place doesn't suck."

He made his way into his next class - Mechanics. Instead of desks like the previous class, he was greeted by large tables with a variety of chairs. These tables would definitely be harder to toss around the room, although not impossible. At the front of the class was the teacher sitting at his desk, next to him was a pair of robots. Randall took a seat at the of the tables near the front of the class, impatiently waiting for everyone else to show up. 

Once they did, the teacher spoke up. "Welcome to Mechanics Class," He said in a neutral tone. "Now, in this class, you will be handling dangerous materials, so you have to sign this waiver before I can allow you to build anything. Velocity Man, if you would," He handed some papers to the lankier of the two robots, who suddenly disappeared in a blur. Randall felt a gust of wind as the paper appeared right in front of him. 

"It's done," Velocity Man stated.

"Now, you punks better behave," The blue robot said. "I'm Tempest Man, and you can't defeat me,"

"Tempest Man, relax," The teacher said as the robot turned and nodded.

"Apologizes, sir," He stated with a bow. 

Randall glanced down at the waiver below him, scoffing. "Fuc​king safety forms..." He said dismissively, signing the paper without properly reading it.

"You think you can tell me what to do? You think you know what is good for me? I have had enough of being lumped in with all you mustache-twirling scheming types!"

"but I don't have a mustache..."

She had to admit it was nice that he had responded to her. She was starting to wonder if she was speaking to herself without realizing it...again. Her heart started beating more as the boy aimed one hand at her. She had seen something of what he could do to things he pointed at. The idea of such a thing happening to her, piercing her flesh, perhaps shattering a bone, causing such extreme pain...He certainly knew how to get a girl interested.

She was prepared to return the favor, as well, of course. The moment the object pierced her and opened a wound she would use her magic and skewer everyone nearby with as much blood as she could. It would be a glorious sharing of pleasure.

"Can you just piss off and let me do what I came here to do? Who do you think you are, butting into someone else's business? Some HERO, eh?"

She merely smiled at Kess, already far into her fantasy and unable to really get out of it so easily. Though she did realize that this girl might be slightly obsessive and likely not all too smart, given the extreme fixation on heroes and the insistence to do something that would quite obviously fail. Mary, once again, was just happy that people were talking to her. It had been a while since that happened without a door in the way.

"Okay, boy,"

"Eep." The noise Mary made was in response to the sudden shift in...well, everything. She hadn't even blinked, she knew that, she was staring at that wonderful boy in rapt attention when...suddenly he wasn't there and she wasn't in pain.

So that was the strength of their teachers? She looked on with glee in her eyes as she witnessed how much damage the man had done so quickly. And then his promise to Kess next time you try to make such a disturbance in my class, I will torment you, slicing your body, carving it like a Christmas turkey

almost made her fall with how weak her knees felt in that moment. Perhaps...a disturbance would be...not a bad idea...

And then the bell rang and the thought was driven from her mind.

She approached Patton, having been let down by The Globe. "Dear me, that was...something." Mary said. She wasn't sure how she should speak to him. She was still trembling a bit from the thought of what he had wanted to do with her. And in front of all these people! Maybe he didn't realize exactly what it was he was implying but Mary knew that, deep down, he must have known. Everyone desires that after all. Even if most didn't realize it yet.

She would have to teach them. Perhaps she could start with this guy? He had taken such an attack and remained conscious after all. How much would it take to break him? Mary offered Patton a hand and smiled at him sweetly, albeit with a bit of a manic stare. "You're very strong, though." She said in a voice that wavered a bit with shyness and excitement.

The glare he gave her was thrilling, and, to the twisted girl, something of an invitation. Or perhaps...a challenge.

As he stormed off she watched him go with her heart racing. Was this her first friend?

-------

Mary noticed that many of the students in the Magic class were the same as those she saw in the previous. Though, unfortunately, Patton was not one of them. The teacher looked much different than the previous, which is to be expected, and was apparently a lich. This was a bit off-putting to the girl. Undead creatures were, from what Mary had read, not exactly built for her kind of fun.

Well, at least she would be able to concentrate on learning. And she certainly had much to learn. She had taught herself everything she knew and it was obvious that wouldn't suffice.

Mary took a seat near Kess, as she was the one that Mary was best acquainted with here, and began to think about the assignment.

"By studying magic I hope to accomplish my dream of spreading the truth of the world to as many as possible. I wish to show every being that I can reach how to reach true happiness and pleasure. The world has gotten too far off its intended course. We were not put here to follow rules, moral and legal, and to spend our lives miserable. Through strengthening my magic I intend to bring everyone that I can to bliss."

Mary paused and realized she had been humming while writing. Blushing and hoping no one noticed, she was very much not used to being in public like this yet, she looked over her words for any mistakes. Satisfied she set her pencil down and looked around the room.

Arleigh

Walking into Mechanics class, it was more of the same that Arleigh had come to expect from what she had seen in History, but with more students. She walked in, took her seat, and briefly observed the rest of the students. There was the alien bird who spoke poor english, there was what's-his-face who asked about her computer, hyperactive kid with his grappling hooks, and a bunch of other students she did not recognize. As the students were all seated down, they were passed safety forms to sign in preparation for the class.

Why are we signing waver forms in a villain school, Arleigh thought as she signed the paper with reading it. Are they afraid we will sue them?

Arleigh looked over to the student next to her, a very effeminate-appearing boy whose face was absolutely covered in blood.

"You know," Arleigh said as she scanned the room for any evidence of fire arms. "If you wanted your face to appear more red, you could just apply blush." 

Archived