[OCG] Jack knights & World Legacy

If this deck goes meta, and that's quite the if, I expect players might start distributing their cards across the board as to not trigger the Jack Knight summoning condition so easily.

That's my $0.02 on this.

The issue is that players should adapt to decks, if it does not cost them anything and outside of maybe magibullets (and to state they would need to use toon world or deal in the same column as their monsters means they are getting desperate) simply placing your spells and traps in different columns does not harm you in any way I am aware of.

So unless the extra zone column gets used one's opponent should never place 2 cards in the same column if he is not forced to (unless he has one of the few cards which actually need that).

However one can simply use one's own Spell and Trap cards to easily fullfill the conditions (which was stated already).

As for my pure opinion ... I really like their design, however I do not assume it leads anywhere, right now the archtype only has 2 cards worth the effort (blue and purple) and I am afraid even crawlers are stronger than this archtype.

on a mostly unrelated note, I feel I should mention Zefraath is such an overwhelmingly powerful card that it made zefra pretty f***ing strong. Not meta, but definitely not underwhelming.

Sure, Zefraath and the latest Zefra support patched up the archetype somewhat, but there is little that extra consistency and a good boss cannot fix for an archetype. I mainly mean when they were first released, and IIRC the premise was a cross-archetype archetype that could feasibly use all the different Summon methods of said archetypes but... that wasn't quite the case, and about half of the monsters aren't that good.

Anyway, the archetype having 3 Levels7 may be a good point, if only for teching Swords of the Seven Stars, since it appears they don't mind being banished.

Still, as Black implied, as of now their best shot appears to be to go for mass milling + Field Effect for the hand and ED kill which is practically a pseudo OTK, or FTK if it's on first turn. Terraforming was recently limited in OCG, but there is still Set Rotation and Destrudo/Fairy Dragon plus x3 Ravine to grab the Field rather consistently, then it's just a matter of getting Lawnmowing or mass deck thinning. Even the Field Spell with its 1 effect assists with the thinning.

They only have 2 7s and another slot that's likely an 8, between 018 and 020.

Sword and Trade-In are probably borderline required due to needing other cards (Grinder Golem, BriFu) to even begin to make plays.

The field play is going to be pretty damn inconsistent, since you can't afford Left Hand. You don't win outright like noids.

Yeah, I find the archetype name out of place, too. I can only guess that it's just a placeholder translation from YGOrg, and that they have a different name that makes more sense with their artworks, etc. They have done translations like this before, like when called Star Chalices (the OCG name of World Chalice) as Star Grail, and Invokeds as Eidolons.

The OCG name is something like "Jack Knights".

But as Black D'Sceptyr pointed out, Crowned by the World Chalice's flavour text mentions "Jack Knights" in Japanese and "Mekk-Knights" in English, so it's fair to assume that "Jack Knights" will be called something like "Mekk-Knight" or "Mekk-Knights" in the TCG.

• 3 weeks later...

It's not even corrected text lol

It's them realizing they did a dumb. Like, this is a rainbow theme, it should be obvious that it was meant to be 7. But that can be achieved with "2 cards", so ofc they don't want that. It was slightly out of their scope.

This also shows how they definitely intend 99.9% of the things they make.

Not the first time this has happened, either.

It's not even corrected text lol

It's them realizing they did a dumb. Like, this is a rainbow theme, it should be obvious that it was meant to be 7. But that can be achieved with "2 cards", so ofc they don't want that. It was slightly out of their scope.

Exactly what I thought. This is, however, the first time I've noticed it. Care to give another example?

Exactly what I thought. This is, however, the first time I've noticed it. Care to give another example?

The Igknights.

Their originally revealed wording made them work with Master Key Beetle, but their official release (and maybe a reveal shortly before then, iirc?) changed the wording so that they absolutely have to destroy everything to search.

So now it requires the Link3, and heavily hints that there won't be any more archetype monsters. That's a shame because as of now they are unwieldy. Requiring the 8 different Jack Knights makes it much less practical too, but I wonder if an pseudo-FTK/OTK would still be possible considering that there are Deskbot builds that pull off the Field's spin effect on turn 1.

The Igknights.

Their originally revealed wording made them work with Master Key Beetle, but their official release (and maybe a reveal shortly before then, iirc?) changed the wording so that they absolutely have to destroy everything to search.

EXACTLY ON THAT FRONT. I remeber the AznEyes video on that, it basically let you scoop out your entire Deck in one turn by protecting one of the Igknight scales, essentially.

Also, yes, the Field Spell effect is a bit more unwieldy, but as Z-ARC said, Grinder Golem does so much for this Deck, and I think the Kaijus would love the SYNERGY! with this too.

still, it needing the Link can easily be attained if using a Cyberdark Engine or Gale Dogra or something like that, which may pay more dividends than a Brilliant engine. MAY, I'm not sure, and my usual idea for picking between engines for the Jacknights usually end in me saying

tenor.gif

Archived