[CHIM] Kongrade, Primate of Conglomerates

zzz.png?ssl=1

Rekigan no Reichō – Kongrade | Kongrade, Primate of Conglomerates
EARTH/Lv8/Rock/Special Summon/Effect
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned by a card effect.
(1) If a monster(s) is sent from your opponent’s hand or Deck to the GY: You can Special Summon this card from your hand in face-down Defense Position.
(2) If this card is flipped face-up: You can target up to 2 cards on the field; destroy them.

3000/2000

https://ygorganization.com/swolerockboi/

Why this is not actual Flip Monster reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Well i guess flip typing is not matter much until 1/million chances konami make a good flip support that isn't locked to Subterrors up to next 20 more years probably lol

The special summon effect seems ok, you can trigger this to put happy-go-lucky- hand trapper at -2 on field advantage gunpoint. Destruction also seems ok. While its obviously a pack filler its not utter garbage either.

I'm definitely seeing some kind of deck with this, Block Dragon, and Magnet Reverse somewhere.

While this card isn't the best, it is a card that forces your opponent to respond to it, likely making them move into suboptimal plays/lose advantage somewhere else just to make sure you don't get the flip on them. Unfortunately, the card isn't in the best position right now with the top decks being what they are, but this card definitely has potential depending on the format.

Guest BGMCANN0N

Why this is not actual Flip Monster reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Well i guess flip typing is not matter much until 1/million chances konami make a good flip support that isn't locked to Subterrors up to next 20 more years probably lol

The special summon effect seems ok, you can trigger this to put happy-go-lucky- hand trapper at -2 on field advantage gunpoint. Destruction also seems ok. While its obviously a pack filler its not utter garbage either.

Because a long time ago (Talking when Pharaonic Guardian pack was a thing)... Konami made a mistake in the making of monsters that can flip themselves face-down and have a effect triggered if flip face up, but are not actually Flip monsters themselves.  They even went as far as making a structure Deck , "Invincible Fortress" that comprised of rock monsters that did the same thing.

With that in mind along with this things existence, I think they are coming back to support those awkward "flip-face-up-flip-face-down" cards more... Particularly the Rock Structure Deck ones though.

I can only hope they bring those guys up to speed though... The Deck is too damn slow. XD

[spoiler=...]

KgBH7dq.jpg

I'll see myself out.

please comeback its funny

I guess the card was indeed market stategizing that happen to produce a quite decent card.

Well non-Flip Flipper is indeed a thing. But given the amount of time passed after that oversight of mechanic is given, they should know better especially since Subterror, Tarotray and Shadoll prove them that the Flip subtype is still has potential for exploration

Archived