Archetype Collab

Hey all. Okay, so I don't usually post these types of things, because I don't want to seem like I'm asking for help. But considering that that's exactly what I'm doing, It's too late for that now, isn't it? Now, I won't beat around the bush. I'm out of ideas. I don't know when Inspiration will strike again, and i'm starting to worry I'll lose my touch before long.

So, I propose a game. It's nothing too big. Just a quick little archetype making game to help me get my juices flowing while also making it fun for other people.

Now, an archetype is typically a set of 15 cards. 7 monsters, four spells and four traps. The spells are split up into field spells, what i'm going to call draw spells, normal spells, and continuous spells. The traps are split up into counter traps, revival traps, what i'm going to call removal traps, and continuous traps.

You don't necessarily have to follow this formula, and by the time we're done there's a chance we'll have much more than fifteen cards, but I just wanted to put this out there as a chance to come together and have fun making up our own little card set. What do you all think? I'll start us off:

1. Forest Dragon of the Mist

Lv. 3 EARTH Dragon-Type effect monster

1200 ATK/1200 DEF

Effect: When this card is summoned, you can either: add one "Forest Dragon" monster from your deck to hand, or: Place one "Forest Dragon" monster in your spell and trap zone. You take no damage from battles involving this card. When this card is destroyed by battle, you can place it in your spell and trap zone as a continuous spell. While this card is in your spell and trap zone, your opponent cannot attack you directly.

This is a card I've had on my mind for a while. Feel free to critique and even change it some if you like. Making this archetype of ours better is always appreciated.

There IS a fundamental difference: this thread is 1 card at a time while that one has a 4 card per post minimum. Whether or not that's enough of a difference is debatable.

Forest Dragon of the Skies

WIND ***

Dragon/Effect

During the Damage Step (Quick Effect), if a Dragon monster you control with 1200 original ATK or DEF is battling an opponent's monster, you can place this card from your hand into your Spell/Trap Zone as a Continuous Spell; increase your battling monster's ATK by 1200 until the End Phase. While this card is in your Spell/Trap Zone, your opponent cannot target Continuous Spells you control with monster effects.

1200/1000

Can't really think of a good payoff to the monsters-as-Continuous-spells gimmick right now. Maybe a Contact Fusion? Or maybe a Link that uses Continuous Spells? Dunno.

-so in a sense this is a way better Crystal Beast since it wont as "dead", i mean Crystal Beast does use their Spell form to fuel things and perform multi summon feat with Carbulance for example. But the fact it require another card to achieve it other than it self can be consider a weakness, so having its own utility in the same way Pumprincess of Ghost is a good start

- but Crystal Beast does have edge: they have means to turn themself into spell. While based on this, you need outside help (well now its reverse Crystal Beast eh?)

protection obviously, especially for the spells, Hamon or True Draco like Monster should be a good base for Boss Monster

Land of the Forest Dragons

Field Spell Card

(This card is also treated as a Continuous Spell Card on the field.) Once per turn, you can activate one of the effects of this card's name based on the amount of "Forest Dragon" monsters with different names placed on your S/T Zone as Continuous Spell Cards.

• 0+: Send 1 "Forest Dragon" monster from your Deck to the GY. While there, it is treated as a Continuous Spell Card.
  • 1+: Place 1 "Forest Dragon" monster from your hand into your S/T Zone as a Continuous Spell Card.
  • 2+: Destroy 1 "Forest Dragon" Continuous Spell Card you control, then put a "Forest Dragon" monster from your Deck into your S/T Zone as a Continuous Spell Card.
  • 5: Destroy all cards on your opponent's side of the field.

This is kind of but not kind of but kind of similar to the Backstreet Archetype I made recently. Curious to see how it will go.

There IS a fundamental difference: this thread is 1 card at a time while that one has a 4 card per post minimum. Whether or not that's enough of a difference is debatable.

Forest Dragon of the Skies

WIND ***

Dragon/Effect

During the Damage Step (Quick Effect), if a Dragon monster you control with 1200 original ATK is battling an opponent's monster, you can place this card from your hand into your Spell/Trap Zone as a Continuous Spell; double your battling monster's ATK until the End Phase. While this card is in your Spell/Trap Zone, your opponent cannot target Continuous Spells you control with monster effects.

1200/1000

Can't really think of a good payoff to the monsters-as-Continuous-spells gimmick right now. Maybe a Contact Fusion? Or maybe a Link that uses Continuous Spells? Dunno.

Thank you for your feedback. Is this a remake or an addition though. I'm a bit confused on that point.

-so in a sense this is a way better Crystal Beast since it wont as "dead", i mean Crystal Beast does use their Spell form to fuel things and perform multi summon feat with Carbulance for example. But the fact it require another card to achieve it other than it self can be consider a weakness, so having its own utility in the same way Pumprincess of Ghost is a good start

- but Crystal Beast does have edge: they have means to turn themself into spell. While based on this, you need outside help (well now its reverse Crystal Beast eh?)

protection obviously, especially for the spells, Hamon or True Draco like Monster should be a good base for Boss Monster

Thank you for your feedback. I will consider making something similar.

Land of the Forest Dragons

Field Spell Card

(This card is also treated as a Continuous Spell Card on the field.) Once per turn, you can activate one of the effects of this card's name based on the amount of "Forest Dragon" monsters with different names placed on your S/T Zone as Continuous Spell Cards.

• 0+: Send 1 "Forest Dragon" monster from your Deck to the GY. While there, it is treated as a Continuous Spell Card.
  • 1+: Place 1 "Forest Dragon" monster from your hand into your S/T Zone as a Continuous Spell Card.
  • 2+: Destroy 1 "Forest Dragon" Continuous Spell Card you control, then put a "Forest Dragon" monster from your Deck into your S/T Zone as a Continuous Spell Card.
  • 5: Destroy all cards on your opponent's side of the field.

This is kind of but not kind of but kind of similar to the Backstreet Archetype I made recently. Curious to see how it will go.

Thanks for your feedback, and thanks for choosing to participate. I really like the idea for the field spell, although I don't understand the utility of the first and second effect very well.

Thanks for your feedback, and thanks for choosing to participate. I really like the idea for the field spell, although I don't understand the utility of the first and second effect very well.

With first and second you mean the effects with 0+ and 1+ cards, right?

If so, the first effect was something I thought that could open some branches for the archetype to work, like being able to use cards with effects that can retrieve spells from the GY or being able to have the next cards on the archetype to be able to do something regarding spells on the GY to actually be beneficial to the player. Dunno if I made sense there

The second effect is a kind of "Special Summon" based on the way the archetype works. Since the cards have effects on the S/T Zone, putting them there as Continuous Spell Cards would be a Special Summon if you think about it. It also benefits the Field Spell's own effect.

[spoiler=being careful never hurt nobody]In case you mean the 2+ effect, it was a way I thought of swapping the effect of a Forest Dragon you control for another that you'd desire to have at the moment. I didn't actualy give much thought into the 2+ effect so it could have ended up weak in its current form, if that's what you're implying.

Thank you for your feedback. Is this a remake or an addition though. I'm a bit confused on that point.

Yeah, it's an addition.  As is this:

Forest Dragon of the Night

DARK R***

Dragon/Xyz/Effect

3 Level 3 Dragon monsters

You can also use Level 3 "Forest Dragon" monsters in your Spell/Trap Zone as Xyz Materials for the Xyz Summon of this card.  Once per turn: You can pay 500 LP; detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, and if you do, return 1 card from either player's GY to their hand.  If this card would be destroyed (by battle or card effect): You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card instead, and if you do, this card gains 500 ATK.  If an Xyz Material is detached from this card by a card effect: You can target 1 "Forest Dragon" monster in your GY; place it in your Spell/Trap Zone as a Continuous Spell.

2000/1200

Something for the monsters to go into.  I also edited Forest Dragon of the Skies.

With first and second you mean the effects with 0+ and 1+ cards, right?

If so, the first effect was something I thought that could open some branches for the archetype to work, like being able to use cards with effects that can retrieve spells from the GY or being able to have the next cards on the archetype to be able to do something regarding spells on the GY to actually be beneficial to the player. Dunno if I made sense there

The second effect is a kind of "Special Summon" based on the way the archetype works. Since the cards have effects on the S/T Zone, putting them there as Continuous Spell Cards would be a Special Summon if you think about it. It also benefits the Field Spell's own effect.

[spoiler=being careful never hurt nobody]In case you mean the 2+ effect, it was a way I thought of swapping the effect of a Forest Dragon you control for another that you'd desire to have at the moment. I didn't actualy give much thought into the 2+ effect so it could have ended up weak in its current form, if that's what you're implying.

Thanks for the feedback. I understand what you were going for now.

Yeah, it's an addition.  As is this:

Forest Dragon of the Night

DARK R***

Dragon/Xyz/Effect

3 Level 3 Dragon monsters

You can also use Level 3 "Forest Dragon" monsters in your Spell/Trap Zone as Xyz Materials for the Xyz Summon of this card.  Once per turn: You can pay 500 LP; detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, and if you do, return 1 card from either player's GY to their hand.  If this card would be destroyed (by battle or card effect): You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card instead, and if you do, this card gains 500 ATK.  If an Xyz Material is detached from this card by a card effect: You can target 1 "Forest Dragon" monster in your GY; place it in your Spell/Trap Zone as a Continuous Spell.

2000/1200

Something for the monsters to go into.  I also edited Forest Dragon of the Skies.

Sounds good. The Boss monster likely wouldn't need much of an effect considering the main monsters, so protection sounds like a good focus.

Archived