More Link Vrains Pack News

Evil HERO, Ancient Gear, Melodious and more!

688_20191112071456_img_1_RMPL7LEayJj3taT

Union Carrier
Light Machine / Link / Effect
Link-2 1000 / R B
2 monsters with the same Type or Attribute
You can only use this card name’s effect once per turn.
Cannot be used as a Link Material during the turn it was Link Summoned.
(1) You can target 1 face-up monster you control; equip 1 monster with the same original Type or Attribute as that target from your hand or Deck to it with this effect.
-It gains 1000 ATK.
If you equipped a monster from the Deck with this effect, you cannot Special Summon a monster with that name for the rest of this turn.

688_20191108073144_img_2_BF44OTQ7F30U1tn

Antique Gear Ballistic Shooter / Ancient Gear Ballistic Shooter
Earth Machine / Link / Effect
Link-2 1500 / R BL
2 EARTH Machine monsters
You can only use this card name’s (1) and (2) effects once per turn each.
(1) If this card is Link Summoned: You can add 1 “Ancient Gear” monster or “Geartown” from your Deck to your hand.
(2) You can target 1 Spell/Trap you control and 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; destroy the card you control, and if you do, the opponent’s monster’s ATK/DEF becomes 0 until the end of this turn.

688_20191108073207_img_1_9YcqGifpWgNQRKp

Xtra HERO Hell Diviser
Dark Fiend / Link / Effect
Link-2 1700 / BL B
2 “HERO” monsters
You can only use this card name’s (1) effect once per turn.
(1) If this card is Link Summoned: You can reveal 1 “HERO” Fusion Monster in your Extra Deck, and add up to 2 Fusion Materials with different names listed on it from your Deck to your hand. You cannot Special Summon monsters during the turn you activate this effect, except “HERO” monsters.
(2) Fiend monsters this card points to gains ATK/DEF equal to its Level x 100.

688_20191108073207_img_2_9YcqGifpWgNQRKp

Reptiless Echidna / Reptilianne Echidna
Dark Reptile / Link / Effect
Link-2 200 / L BR
2 monsters, including a Reptile monster
You can only use this card name’s (1) and (2) effets once per turn each.
(1) If this card is Link Summoned: You can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; its ATK becomes 0.
(2) During your Main Phase: You can add a number of Reptile monsters with different names from your Deck to your hand, up to the number of monsters with 0 ATK your opponent controls, also you cannot Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck for the rest of this turn, except Reptile monsters.

688_20191108073250_img_1_fpaykGxeiEWqXKm

Gensou no Hanagakusei Bloom Harmonist / Bloom Harmonist the Melodious Virtuoso
Light Fairy / Link / Effect,
Link-2 1000 / BL BR
2 Fairy monsters
You can only use the 1st effect of this card’s name once per turn.
(1) If this card is Link Summoned: You can discard 1 card; Special Summon 2 “Melodious” monsters with different Levels from your Deck to your zones this card points to in Defense Position. You cannot Special Summon monsters the turn you activate this effect, except “Melodious” monsters.
(2) If a “Melodious” monster this card points to attacks, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step.

so we're just gonna ignore that F U L L  O R C U S T  C O M B O's two biggest downsides originally (that it was Ashable and required linking off another Knightmare, usually Phoenix, to activate) just got papered over by a single Union train, right?  Also, considering Dragon Buster Destruction Sword, I didn't think the Destruction Swordsman Archetype would be getting two Links in this pack, but the more the merrier. 9.1.

But yeah, Hell Divider will certainly help with the vanilla E-HERO Fusions, though I have doubts on whether those will have meta capacity. That being said, the best Fusions for this will likely be sussed out by the Yugitubers soon enough. 8.0.

Reptillianne Echidna Knuckles, much like the Link going to its user's most present rival (Crossrose) is a great Link, again, held back by the Type it caters to being utter snakes*** outside of a few choice cards. But I look forward to the otherwise obscure stuff it can enable (Aliens for this, Queen of Thorns for Crossrose). 7.8.

Ancient Gear Ballista Shooter is amazing, but again, its catering to an Archetype that at best is battling for the bronze in terms of being the best Turn 2 Machine Deck, behind Cyber Dragons and ABC. That being said, not needing to Burial Goods Ancient Gear Catapult to put together a board is a big step in the right direction for this Deck. 8.2.

And Bloom Harmonist is...well, one of the two ways to handle the Melodious' obsessive focus on empty fields to make use of any of its THREE combo pieces. Would have appreciated something that did for Ostinato what Malefic Territory did for Malefics, if only because being able to use the Deck to Fusion Summon was one of the highlights of the Meldious behind Aria/Elegy lock. However, something like this can help Ostinato too, since the revive Ostinato provides can now enable World Legacy Awakens like it did for Magical Muskets, allowing you to establish the lock on the opponent's turn while possibly plussing. I actually think their grind game got a huge upgrade with this card, and being able to use any Fairy to make it is a good entry for the Trickstar engine to help you out. 8.8.

U - Union Carrier is clearly the best generic piece we've seen in Vrains Pack 3 (the Predaplant one as probably the second best). My only question about Carrier is whether or not the "+1000" effect overwrites any other effects the original card had. If not... Well, I could see it being used to set up a really suppressing board alongside Dragon Buster Destruction Sword. Otherwise, I could see this as being really strong support for Burning Abyss.

EDIT:
Other interesting cards Carrier could make way better:

• Block Dragon - Free search of up to 3 Rocks when sent from field to GY (SFFTG).
  • Spyral Master Plan - Searches the field spell and a monster when SFFTG.
  • The entire Gouki Archetype - Search a Gouki card when SFFTG.
  • Colapserpent + Wyverburster - Not as impacting now, but they can search the other.
  • Dawn Knight - Wanna Foolish a LIGHT off of Carrier, but want to Special Summon it afterwards?  Use this to bypass Carrier's restriction!
  • Goblin Zombie/Glow-up Bloom - Can search out Zombies/Summon high-leveled Zombies when SFFTG.
  • Sangan + Witch of the Black Forest - both can be triggered from the Spell/Trap Zone.
  • BA - Self-explanatory.

Cute things this works with:

• Guardian Dreadscythe - It has a hard nomi clause which Carrier actually helps bypass.
  • Retaliating "C"/Resonance Insect - Can search out low/high level Insects respectively.
  • Superheavy Sams - There are a few cards that would benefit from the equip effect, a few that can be used from GY, and Soulpiercer can be used when SFFTG.  Only issue is summoning Carrier while not locking yourself into SHS's for the turn.
  • Phantom Knights - Use Carrier to help load them into the GY.
  • Low Leveled Witchcrafters - They all have banish effects from GY.  A bit more awkward to use though since summoning out 3 monsters isn't their strong suit.

There's way, way more stuff this works with too.  This is the stuff that caught my eye when running through YGOPRO.

I love the melodious link so much. it's extraordinarily easy to drop on board, as a hell of a lot of the melodious monsters can summon themselves pretty easily. The armades effect is further protection on monsters that already have more shielding than Riesbyfe Stridberg. The most important bit though, is that it can build a hell of a board hella fast. You can either set up a massive shield (aria/elegy), or build an offensive board while restoring your resources(Lv6maestro/Lv4fuser monster). it does what it needs to, and nothing more. and i'm 100% ok with that.

Just now, vla1ne said:

I love the melodious link so much. it's extraordinarily easy to drop on board, as a hell of a lot of the melodious monsters can summon themselves pretty easily. The armades effect is further protection on monsters that already have more shielding than Riesbyfe Stridberg. The most important bit though, is that it can build a hell of a board hella fast. You can either set up a massive shield (aria/elegy), or build an offensive board while restoring your resources(Lv6maestro/Lv4fuser monster). it does what it needs to, and nothing more. and i'm 100% ok with that.

Have you considered a small trickstar engine?

Ancient Gear Ballistic Shooter is cool. Search, trigger, and hinder opponent. Not sure if they needed a Link monster, but it's decent at least.

I think Diviser is mainly for some of the older Evil HERO Fusions (Inferno Wing, Infernal Sniper, Wild Cyclone, Lightning Golem). I don't think it'd mesh with the recent Evil HERO support as much, but I still appreciate it. Now I don't need to jump as many hoops to make Inferno Wing!

I don't know many Reptiles that Summon easily. You can self-Summon Lamia after having Normal Summoned another Reptile. And with her and Echidna's effects combined, you change the ATK of 2 of your opponent's monsters to 0. Either making for an easier attack OR as fodder to Summon Vaskii! And with that second effect you can add Vaskii and another Reptile of your choice. One gripe I have with Echidna is her ATK. If it's going to be that low, it might as well should've just been 0.

Bloom Harmonist's first effect alone is awesome! Easier way to set up their blanket of protection. They really didn't get enough love after about halfway through Arc-V, or at least by the end of Arc-V.

On 11/13/2019 at 10:41 PM, Ryusei the Morning Star said:

Have you considered a small trickstar engine?

Not worth it, melodious wouldn't be able to utilize it well enough as this link locks you into melodious if you want to take full advantage of it. the deck is better off just abusing floodgates and strong backrow. There are very few notable threats to the standard aria/elegy lock, good backrow is all you should need to handle just about anything that's not a kaiju or sphere mode in melodious.

1 hour ago, vla1ne said:

Not worth it, melodious wouldn't be able to utilize it well enough as this link locks you into melodious if you want to take full advantage of it. the deck is better off just abusing floodgates and strong backrow. There are very few notable threats to the standard aria/elegy lock, good backrow is all you should need to handle just about anything that's not a kaiju or sphere mode in melodious.

It's just Candia/LS means you can instantly shit it out. Since one will search the other

Archived