Attention Card Makers... (20XX) [Interest Check]

Tinkerer

6SJGcQq.png

Hello, fine peoples!

A while back there was a club/project on here that was meant to mimic the TCG except with a few key differences.  First, it reduced the power level of the game back to older levels.  Second, it was almost entirely made of custom cards submitted by users.  It got really big for a time, but things burnt out quickly and the project was abandoned.

As YCM now has a budding group of new card makers, I thought why not start fresh?

Introducing: Yu-Gi-Oh! 20XX!

The Lowdown

Yu-Gi-Oh! 20XX uses a "league" system which allows players to start with one chosen starter deck and a set amount of starting DP.  Alongside the starter decks, there will be packs and even singles which will also feature cards designed by you all!  You can purchase packs with your DP.

You will be able to get DP by creating approved cards, dueling fellow 20XX members, and participating in events in the 20XX sub-section and on YCM as a whole!

Custom cards from this format will be uploaded onto Duelingbook and that will be where duels and dueling-based events will take place.

If you are interested...

If you are interested in participating, just state your name on Duelingbook and state something that you may want to see in 20XX!

If you have any questions...

If you have any questions about how 20XX will work, please post them in this thread for now.  If something isn't clear, it is likely something that others are confused about also.  Those questions will be added to the FAQ post below.

Cheers!

*For now, this thread will just be used to gather interest and answer any questions.  I will be working in the background to set things up as interest grows, but I will hold off on opening 20XX until everything is in place.*

Heads:

- Tinkerer

- Horu Ishayuki

- Draconus297

FAQs

Q. Will I be able to use my own starter deck?

A. Unfortunately, no. Starter/Structure decks will be preset. However, you can PM one of the heads with a starter/structure deck idea and we may potentially add your deck (or the cards for it) to the pool!

Q. What's DP? Is real money involved?

A. DP is shorthand for "Duel Points", and it's gonna be the currency of 20XX. Besides making cards, there will be general YCM website events that you can participate in to earn DP. No real money will be involved. The more you participate in 20XX and on YCM as a whole, the more DP you'll be able to earn!

Q. Can you purchase single cards with DP or will it just be a pack + will packs contain random cards?

A. Packs will be randomized, but for every card pulled from a pack, the same card will be added to the shop as singles. So if a person pulls a Secret Rare, another person will have the opportunity to buy a single copy of that Secret. It'll incentivize buying packs while also keeping things open for people to buy singles.

Q. Where do you post cards? Do you have to create full Starter/Structure decks to enter?

A. If someone wants to submit cards to the pool, they make a post on YCM (Casual Singles/Multiples) and they put "20XX" in the title so myself and the other heads can see and decide whether to approve it. Upon approval, the submitter will earn DP. One does NOT have to make a ton of cards at any one time; submitting cards one at a time will generally be more valuable (both for the creator and for the person approving the card).

Q. What is Duelingbook?

A. Duelingbook is an online way to play YGO. It functions entirely manually, and it allows custom cards to be added and played. It'd be easier for you to take a look at it. In any case, 20XX will use that site as a way to host games/tournaments. Playing games against other 20XX players earns larger amounts of DP, so it should be a good way in case there aren't any 20XX-specific events going on.

3 hours ago, Kazuchika Okada said:

I'm very interested, though I kinda need to relearn how to play Yu-Gi-Oh.

Great!

While dueling itself will be completely optional, it would be nice to use it as a means to bring people together, just like in the TCG. Whenever you get around to it, please make a username for Duelingbook and post it here to formally express interest. Thanks!

Where can i get more info? On decklists full card lists e.t.c, how active is your community dueling wise, how often are newer cards approved for entry to card pool, can you purchase single cards with dp or will it just be a pack, will packs contain random cards e.t.c i have a lot of questions is there anywhere else that explains this a bit more or is it still in very early stages, also will we be using proper tcg cards and if so what are they? 

Thanks for the questions! I'll add them to the FAQs when I get back on my computer.

Things technically haven't started yet (so... very, very early stages). New additions will depend on how active people are with designing cards, otherwise new additions will be pulled from the official card game.

Single cards are... An interesting case. Packs will be randomized, but for every card pulled from a pack, the same card will be added to the shop as singles. So if a person pulls a Secret Rare, another person will have the opportunity to buy a single copy of that Secret. It'll incentivize buying packs while also keeping things open for people to buy singles.

Prices for everything will go up once this opens officially. If you are interested in joining, there should be enough peeps to get this started by the end of the weekend.

Bump~

The initial starter decks are ready. I will PM everyone who expressed interest and let you all look through the decks. You can try them out against each other before choosing which one you want when 20XX begins.

I will also open up the first design event for 20XX!

The rules are simple:

- Make custom cards for a Chaos (LIGHT/DARK) strategy.

For your set, make sure you tag it with "20XX". I would strongly recommend waiting to see what the Starter Decks look like so you can get a good gauge on the power level of the cards you should make. Cards of an appropriate level will be used for 20XX's first Structure deck and/or first pack, so good luck!

This looks freaking interesting, but I'm a freaking noob who doesn't know a freaking thing. Is Duelingbook an online game simulator? What's DP? (besides Dragon Power in Mother 3) Is it the Duelingbook's currency? Is real money involved? And about cards... where do you post them? You have to create full Starter/Structure decks to enter? How many cards do they contain? What's the format in which the cards should be created for? Too many questions >_<'

Thanks for your interest!

I realize that the OP did not explain things as thoroughly as I thought it did, so let me break it down:

20XX will be a mixed format that will use cards in the irl game combined with user-submitted custom cards.

If someone wants to submit cards to the pool, they make a post on YCM (Casual Singles/Multiples) and they put "20XX" in the title so myself and the other heads can see and decide whether to approve it. Upon approval, the submitter will earn DP. One does NOT have to make a ton of cards at any one time; submitting cards one at a time will generally be more valuable (both for the creator and for the person approving the card).

DP is shorthand for "Duel Points", and it's gonna be the currency of 20XX. Besides making cards, there will be general YCM website events that you can participate in to earn DP. No real money will be involved. The more you participate in 20XX and on YCM as a whole, the more DP you'll be able to earn!

Finally, Duelingbook is an online way to play YGO. It functions entirely manually, and it allows custom cards to be added and played. It'd be easier for you to take a look at it. In any case, 20XX will use that site as a way to host games/tournaments. Playing games against other 20XX players earns larger amounts of DP, so it should be a good way in case there aren't any 20XX-specific events going on.

I'm still gathering interest, but once this goes up officially, I will post DP earn amounts + cost amounts for buying packs. Anyways, to formally express interest, make sure you make a Duelingbook username and post it back here. I aim to add all this to FAQs when I get on my computer.

I would very much like to open 20XX with a booster pack alongside the starter decks, but for that we'll need some initial submissions.

Myself or one of the other heads will open up a formal card submission thread, but for now, you can make your own thread to submit cards. Just make sure to title it with "20XX" so myself and the other heads know it's a submission.

Added the heads' names to the OP. They are allowed to confirm/deny submissions.

By the way, I have a question. Since we'll be playing at Master Rule 2, will we follow a specific banlist? Cause I think having a specific one in mind could help gauge the appropriate power level for the custom cards we'll create. A card like Pot of Desires for example would be considered terrible in the synchro era while Raigeki was considered like something that would never leave the banlist.

2 hours ago, Kazuchika Okada said:

By the way, I have a question. Since we'll be playing at Master Rule 2, will we follow a specific banlist? Cause I think having a specific one in mind could help gauge the appropriate power level for the custom cards we'll create. A card like Pot of Desires for example would be considered terrible in the synchro era while Raigeki was considered like something that would never leave the banlist.

I'll keep that in mind.

17 hours ago, Kazuchika Okada said:

The card list in 20XX is limited to what's been revealed so far (so... just the starter decks), so right now there is no banlist.

MR2 was just to say that there are no Pendulums/Links.

It's hard to say what would be an appropriate ban list would be regarding design power. I'd say Goat format (i.e. Strong spell/traps, weaker monster effects + more emphasis on draw power over searching), but we also have Synchros + Xyzs, so there's no good 1-to-1 correlation...

I personally think MR2 format is quite impactful in term of power level so bold designs is quite doable as long its not as encouraged as MR3 and MR4 did. 

Hmmm unless im suck at dating time (which probably i often do) the meta up to the end of MR2 era is consist of:

TeleDAD, Dragon Ruler, Wind up, Bujin, H.A.T, Chaos, Geargia, Xyz Infernity, Quasar Turbo, Zombiesworn, Gishki Handloop, Plasma Lock Down

Dragon Ruler is obviously not something we can based upon, its disgusting in irl format of its time moreso so in this 

• 2 weeks later...

Bump~

Sorry I'd vanished for a bit! I'm done with my semester, so I'm finally free now.

I've finished compiling all the cards in one place, so I think it's about time to open 20XX formally! I will post the threads later today.

When they open, all of you early joiners will get to choose a Starter Deck and get 5000 DP. Further, approved cards' earnings will be doubled for the rest of the week: 50 per card.

Archived