This is probably OP and borderline cheating

Horu

• 2 weeks later...

Except searching is limited; you need cards to be able to search cards, and this stops you from getting that going to begin with.  The fact that there's no way to get rid of it just makes this way more broken.

1 card burn per turn is also a pointless cost when the player that activates this is likely to win within 2 turns once the opponent runs through all their options.

That much might be true but then you also have to hope that you don't banish your ace  in the event that your opponent also has a decent setup going. Also, the fact that this can't be removed from the field also creates a massive drawback since that's 1 S/T zone the user is completely unable to utilize. I think I added the no removal claus to prevent Uria from becoming an ace to this deck.

There's a difference between how you think this will be used and how this card would actually be used.  The way you're describing things, you are assuming that 1) this would be put into a deck where those "drawbacks" are actual drawbacks, and 2) that a player would activate it in a situation that hurts them.

1) Unless you are making a deck with a theme in mind or you're making an anime-esque deck, banishing an "ace" shouldn't matter as decks should have multiple ways of winning and/or multiple copies of their ace.  The only kinds of decks where this is a downside is stuff like Exodia/Destiny Board where this actively hurts you.

2) If a player realizes that they're in a situation where this could hurt them, they can... just choose not to Set/activate this.

But that is this card at its worst.  Even in situations where this card isn't at its absolute best, this card still wins you the game.

• 1 month later...

Typed out a harder version of Access Denied.

Access Forbidded

Continuous Trap

This card cannot be removed from the field.  Add 3 Password Counters (max. 3) to this card.  On your opponent's Draw Phase you can: Remove 1 Password Counter and if you do:  Banish the top card of your deck and 1 card at random from your hand face-down in a random order and if you do: Your opponent gets to guess whether the 1st of those cards banished is a Spell, Trap, Normal Monster, Gemini Monster or Effect Monster and if they guess wrong: your opponent places the top Card of their deck on the bottom of their deck instead of drawing till your next Standby Phase.

Basically you can make it more broken if you want to.

here the thing. even if you intent to make this for your story how the protagonist supposed to win against this unless his/her deck is equally broken in term of non-draw search power? 

hoping he grab Jinzo by generic search? that means the deck has generic search that can be activated with minimum resources, a card like that is broken

not only its not enjoyable in simulated plays its really evil for sake of evil which is worse kind of narrative for any story. 

Actually, the protagonist's deck isn't much for draw/search power. I mean, you might get some generic Lv4- searches out of it but it's more defensive with the ability to hit hard and fast when it matters.

2 hours ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

Actually, the protagonist's deck isn't much for draw/search power. I mean, you might get some generic Lv4- searches out of it but it's more defensive with the ability to hit hard and fast when it matters.

But thats the point, this card kill too many advantage for nearly free and cannot be remove by any means thus either protagonist weak deck somehow grace by miracle other than classic Destiny Draw (since, well....he even cant draw to perform it) or protagonist deck is equally op to bypass all the disadvantge and immunity this card has

I think Jolly's point is more the fact that since this card essentially shuts down the draw phase, the moment it's activated, everything just starts to snowball until it becomes a full blown avalanche.

Essentially, that is the idea of the card. But he also pointed out that my protagonist is almost completely screwed once this hits the field.

So while Data Breach is a nice suggestion, you'd still have to be able to pull it from the deck to use it.

Also, due to the nature of this card, I decided that my protagonist's higher level cards should be Synchro and Xyz monsters.

54 minutes ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

I think Jolly's point is more the fact that since this card essentially shuts down the draw phase, the moment it's activated, everything just starts to snowball until it becomes a full blown avalanche.

Essentially, that is the idea of the card. But he also pointed out that my protagonist is almost completely screwed once this hits the field.

So while Data Breach is a nice suggestion, you'd still have to be able to pull it from the deck to use it.

Also, due to the nature of this card, I decided that my protagonist's higher level cards should be Synchro and Xyz monsters.

Clever move. My idea:

A=Antagonist

P=Protagonist

Last time A set A card, but will  it stop our hero?

P: I Dra-

A: I activate ACCESS DENIED.

P: What's that do?

A: Access Denied allows me to banish the top card of my deck to stop your draw

P: *Looks at hand and grins*

A: What you grinning about

P: I Flip summon [Insert level 4 Tuner here] And normal summon Feral imp

A: No, It cant be

P: I Synchro summon [Level 8 Synchro Monster]

A: No No No No No

To be continued

Archived