Yami No Quiz (Quiz of Darkness)

Yami Kiniko

16 hours ago, Yami Kiniko said:

Question 7: What is the "Banished" zone

Where Banished Cards Go.

12 hours ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

The Banished Zone is the spot next to the graveyard where you put cards that are removed from play.

Correct. 2 YP

@Horu Ishayuki Now you have 8 YP and 1 "Skip"

10 hours ago, Rayfield Shade said:

Well, strictly speaking, the Banished Zone doesn't exist. It is a semi-official term given to the place where you send banished cards. It isn't even in a playmat, but players by consensus often use the zone above or to the right of the Graveyard.

@Rayfield Shade Correct. 2 Boost YP

You have 4 YP

@Bluvista You have 6 YP

Question 8: What is Akira's name in Japanese

9 hours ago, Yami Kiniko said:

Question 8: What is Akira's name in Japanese

Pandora.

2 hours ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

Ohhh you mean Arkana.

His name in Japan is Pandora.

I can't give more info than that.

Correct. Here is 2 YP. But @Horu Ishayuki You haven't used the Reverse.

@Horu Ishayuki 10 YP and 1 "Skip"

@Rayfield Shade Heres a gift [2YP] And now you have 6 YP

@Bluvista 6 YP

What is "Exodia The Forbidden One" (TCG)

Exodia was in times past a Beast of tremendous power which was split into five parts to prevent it from using it's devastating might. His origin seems to come from the Egyptian god Osiris, who was betrayed by his brother Set and split into many pieces. Isis, Osiris' wife, recovered the pieces and brought back Osiris to life, and before he expired again, they had a son, Horus. Anyway, in the card game Exodia is divided in five parts, the four limbs and the head. If at any moment you have all of them in the hand, you win the Duel.

25 minutes ago, Rayfield Shade said:

Exodia was in times past a Beast of tremendous power which was split into five parts to prevent it from using it's devastating might. His origin seems to come from the Egyptian god Osiris, who was betrayed by his brother Set and split into many pieces. Isis, Osiris' wife, recovered the pieces and brought back Osiris to life, and before he expired again, they had a son, Horus. Anyway, in the card game Exodia is divided in five parts, the four limbs and the head. If at any moment you have all of them in the hand, you win the Duel.

Actually, Exodia is based on God himself. Each piece represents one of the original five books of the Torah. Hence why when you collect the pieces, you win the game. Exodia is an unseen force that is auto-win when revealed. I guess I also told you what the card does in this answer.

3 hours ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

Actually, Exodia is based on God himself. Each piece represents one of the original five books of the Torah. Hence why when you collect the pieces, you win the game. Exodia is an unseen force that is auto-win when revealed. I guess I also told you what the card does in this answer.

Hoh hoh, this smells like payback for correcting you in the Banished Zone question 😂. I investigated further and found this, extracted from Yu-GiOh! wiki:

Origin

Exodia's backstory and pharaoh-like appearance seemed to be a reference to the famous Egyptian legend of Osiris. Osiris was the god Egyptians believed brought them civilization, such as the knowledge of architecture, farming, and establishing the line of pharaohs. However, Osiris was betrayed by his jealous brother Set and was cut into several pieces, which were then scattered across Egypt. Osiris' wife Isis recovered the pieces and brought Osiris back to life long enough for them to bear a son, Horus, before Osiris departed to the Land of the Dead where he became its ruler.

And I found this as a reddit fan theory:

Not just any god, though—"God" as in "the Abrahamic deity YHWH", seen through the eyes of the Egyptian Pharaohs who invented Duel Monsters.

He's an unstoppable mythic being of limitless power, and he effortlessly dominates every other being in the game (hence his status as an Instant-Win monster), which seems wrong for Egyptian Paganism, but perfect for a monotheistic religion that preached their God's superiority to all others.

In the context of the game, he's "The Forbidden One" because worship of YHWH was forbidden by the Pharaohs, but they still feared the idea of an all-powerful God who could one day free the Hebrews from bondage. His chains represent the Hebrews' slavery, and his name alludes to the Book of Exodus, which chronicles the Hebrews' liberation and YHWH's revenge on Egypt.

TL;DR: He's a metaphor for Hebrew slavery and the triumph of monotheism.

In conclusion, it's true that Horu's version seems to match Exodia better, I myself have switched to believe that, but we could say there is no official version or statement made by Konami about what Exodia truly is (as far as I know, at least), hence you're free to believe whichever version you prefer, Kiniko.

P.D By the way, I already answered what does the card do at the end of the first answer.

Also, While we know him as "Exodia the Forbidden One", his name in the OCG and Japanese anime/manga is "Sealed God Exodia" being a referrence to how the Torah was sealed in the Arc of the Covenant. And the fact that Solomon Motou and his ancient Egyptian counterpart both wielded the power of Exodia, I'd say that's a bigger indicator. Also, the duel between Atem and Yami Bakura is a referrence to the battle of Moses and the pharaoh. Look at Yami Bakura's robe and you'll see that it matches the colors of Moses' robe (both being patterned red, white and black in the same order). Zorc represents the plague that nearly killed Egypt.

"Exodia The Forbidden one" is a Dark - attribute Level 3 Spellcaster type Effect monster. The effect is "If you have "Right Leg of the Forbidden One", "Left Leg of the Forbidden One", "Right Arm of the Forbidden One" and "Left Arm of the Forbidden One" in addition to this card in your hand, you win the Duel." It has 1000 Atk / 1000 Def

No one got that correct.

@Horu Ishayuki Is taxed 1 YP and now has 9 YP and 1 uno Skip

@Rayfield Shade Is taxed 1 YP and now has 5 YP

@Bluvista has 6 YP

1 minute ago, Rayfield Shade said:

Hahahaha, we got taxed despite our magnificent answers, something is not right. I'm on strike! This game's host is biased!

The Tax is for you not answering with the correct detail

For getting it correct, You get the tax score in this box [2 YP]

Plus the correct score of 2. Totalling at 4. now you have 9 YP that are equal to @Horu Ishayuki, Who has 9 YP and a Uno skip card.  @Bluvista has 6 YP

Question 10 : What is 7^-67

3 minutes ago, Yami Kiniko said:

No its 2.3901839e-57 you idiot.

You're the idiot, little kid, lol, in a calculator, e stands for exponent of 10, google it if you don't believe me. My result is the same as yours, except I added some more decimals, so you could say my answer is even more accurate than yours. Rectify this, or I'll really sue the organizers of this contest.

1 minute ago, Rayfield Shade said:

You're the idiot, little kid, lol, in a calculator, e stands for exponent of 10, google it if you don't believe me. My result is the same as yours, except I added some more decimals, so you could say my answer is even more accurate than yours. Rectify this, or I'll really sue the organizers of this contest.

Here's the Tax [1 YP] and 2 YP. You now have 11

But you still haven't answered Q 12

Archived