Excel Gravity

Rayfield Lumina

Excel Gravity

Continuous Spell

You can only control 1 "Excel Gravity". Synchro/Fusion/Xyz/Link monsters your opponent controls lose ATK equal to the number of materials used for its Special Summon x 400. If this card is destroyed by your opponent's card effect: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; apply 1 of the following effects, depending on the type of card (Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, or Link) of the targeted monster.

• Fusion: Special Summon up to 2 "Scrap Orb Tokens" (Rock/EARTH/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0) in Defense Position to your opponent's field. These Tokens cannot be Tributed or be used as material.
  • Synchro: Negate that target's effect until the end of your next turn.
  • Xyz: Detach all materials from that target.
  • Link: Destroy all monsters that target points to.

If this card is in your GY: You can banish this card and 1 monster in your GY that was Special Summoned from the Extra Deck, then target 1 monster your opponent controls; apply 1 of the above effects according to the target's type of card  (Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, or Link).

Well, this stuff suddenly popped-up in my head and said, what the hell, let's post it. Just an annoying card to screw Decks that rely on Extra Deck Summoning (meaning, 98% of the Decks in the world), and a heavy penalty if your opponent decides to get rid of it at a bad moment.

15 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Excel Gravity

Continuous Spell

You can only control 1 "Excel Gravity". Synchro/Fusion/Xyz/Link monsters your opponent controls lose ATK equal to the number of materials used for its Special Summon x 400. You can only apply this effect if you control a monster that can be Normal Summoned. If this card is destroyed by your opponent's card effect: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; apply 1 of the following effects, depending on the card type (Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, or Link) of the targeted monster.

• Fusion: Special Summon up to 2 "Scrap Orb Tokens" (Rock/EARTH/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0) in Defense Position. These Tokens cannot be Tributed or used as material.
  • Synchro: Negate that target's effect until the end of your next turn.
  • Xyz: Detach all materials from that target.
  • Link: Destroy all monsters that target points to.

Well, this stuff suddenly popped-up in my head and said, what the hell, let's post it. Just an annoying card to screw Decks that rely on Extra Deck Summoning (meaning, 98% of the Decks in the world), and a heavy penalty if your opponent decides to get rid of it at a bad moment.

That sounds like it may be a card with too powerful to run at 3, It may be Semi-Limited (Limited to 2)

2 hours ago, Yami Kiniko said:

That sounds like it may be a card with too powerful to run at 3, It may be Semi-Limited (Limited to 2)

Nah the card is fine.

It's like a version of Burden of the Mighty that exclusively hurts Extra Deck monsters, but only if you control a non-Nomi monster. 800-1200 ATK reduction is nothing to sneeze at, but it probably won't be able to do much without floodgate monsters to back it up (i.e. This + Inspector Boarder).

Fine card overall, if not meta-changing. 👍

1 hour ago, Redro said:

Nah the card is fine.

It's like a version of Burden of the Mighty that exclusively hurts Extra Deck monsters, but only if you control a non-Nomi monster. 800-1200 ATK reduction is nothing to sneeze at, but it probably won't be able to do much without floodgate monsters to back it up (i.e. This + Inspector Boarder).

Fine card overall, if not meta-changing. 👍

Thanks for the feedback, Redro, that was more or less what I intended with this lil' card.

It is too passive, IMO. While it does make ED monsters smaller ATK-wise, this won't stop their effects, so that means the opponent can still go for its combos and removal effects. Then, the punishing effect upon removal depends both on the opponent's actions, and what kind of ED monsters it controls, giving it plenty of liberty to either play around it, or plan to it (e.g. using the effects of any Synchro and Xyzs it controls so the negation or detach, respectively, won't hurt as bad). In other words, the opponent has a lot of control over the punish effect. As if that wasn't enough, it requires you to control a Normal Summonable monster, so if the opponent gets rid of them first, the ATK reduction will be gone and it won't be pressured into removing this card at all.
In short, IMO it can be better, but I'm not sure how, I would have to know first what you personally want to improve: the ATK reduction, the punish effect, or maybe even both.

On 3/22/2020 at 1:29 PM, Darj said:

It is too passive, IMO. While it does make ED monsters smaller ATK-wise, this won't stop their effects, so that means the opponent can still go for its combos and removal effects. Then, the punishing effect upon removal depends both on the opponent's actions, and what kind of ED monsters it controls, giving it plenty of liberty to either play around it, or plan to it (e.g. using the effects of any Synchro and Xyzs it controls so the negation or detach, respectively, won't hurt as bad). In other words, the opponent has a lot of control over the punish effect. As if that wasn't enough, it requires you to control a Normal Summonable monster, so if the opponent gets rid of them first, the ATK reduction will be gone and it won't be pressured into removing this card at all.
In short, IMO it can be better, but I'm not sure how, I would have to know first what you personally want to improve: the ATK reduction, the punish effect, or maybe even both.

Looks like I made the same mistake of Residualight, too passive. So, I made some changes to the card to be more aggressive. Do you think it's more balanced this way, @Darj?

Archived