An Archetype I came up with in Bluvista's gimmicky archetype game.

MYWORLD

The Archetype is "Distortion World" Which makes the opponent want to kill themselves. (sarcasm)

First the Field Spell that it revolves around. 

Distortion World Multiverse

Field Spell

When this card is activated, send all other Field Spells to GY. While this card is on the field, other Field Spells cannot be activated. This card cannot be destroyed by your opponents card effects. When this card is activated, you can add 1 level 4 or lower "Distortion World" monster from your deck or GY to your hand. Once per turn, you can special summon 1 level 4 or lower "Distortion World" monster from your hand. While this card is face-up on the field, all changes to LP, are treated as the opposite. While this card is face-up on the field, the ATK and DEF of all monsters is switched. You can only activate 1 "Distortion World Multiverse" per turn. 

*The Life switching effect is basically "Bad reaction to Simochi" but it works on both gaining LP and lowering LP. 

Next, the monsters.

Distortion World Bomber

Level; 3

DARK/Fiend/Effect

When this card is sent to your GY, if the field spell "Distortion World Multiverse" is face-up on the field, your opponent gains 800 LP. If not, add 1 "Distortion World Multiverse" from your deck to your hand, then inflict 800 damage to your opponent. 

ATK: 600

DEF; 1600

Distortion World Spirit

Level: 4

DARK/Fiend/Effect

You can reveal 1 "Distortion World" monster in your hand to your opponent, other than this card, if you do, special summon this this card from your hand. When this card is special summoned, you can add 1 "Distortion" Spell/Trap from your deck or GY to your hand. When this card is attacked, you can't activate Spells or Traps. 

ATK: 0

DEF: 2000

Distortion World Gear

DARK/Fiend/Effect

Once per turn, while both this card at the field spell "Distortion World Mutiverse" are face-up on the field, you can activate 1 "Distortion" Trap from your hand, during your opponents turn. If this card is attacked, you can't activate card effects in your hand, or GY. 

ATK: 800

DEF: 1800

Distortion World Mech

DARK/Fiend/Effect

Once per turn, while both this card at the field spell "Distortion World Mutiverse" are face-up on the field, you can activate 1 "Distortion" Spell from your hand, during your opponents turn. When this card is attacked, the opponents attacking monster cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effect. 

ATK: 2100

DEF: 0

(Final Monster)

Distortion World Deity - Maximum Chaos

Level: 10

DARK/Fiend/Effect

This card cannot be normal summoned or set. This card must be special summoned from your hand by tributing 3 monsters. This card cannot be destroyed by battle. This card cannot be destroyed by effects. Your opponent cannot activate Spells or Traps from their hand. When this card is attacked, your opponents monsters ATK is doubled, and all damage you would take is doubled. 

ATK: 4000

DEF: 4000

(1 spell, 2 traps)

Distortion World Chaos

Quick-Play Spell

You can target as many monsters on the field as possible, the targeted monsters switch control until the end of this turn. If this card was activated during the opponents turn, all "Distortion World" monsters your opponent controls have their ATK become 0 until the end of this turn, also, halve the attack of all monsters your opponent originally controlled, and it becomes your battle phase. During the end phase, if this card is in your GY while the field spell "Distortion World Multiverse" is face-up on your field, add this card to your hand. You can only activate 1 "Distortion World Chaos" per turn. You cannot set this card face-down.

(essentially, all "Distortion World' monsters become your opponents, and their ATK becomes 0, then you can snatch all of your opponents monsters, negate their effects and halve their ATK. Then it skips your opponents battle phase, and makes it yours, during your opponents turn!)

Distortion World Deletion

Counter Trap 

When your opponent activates a Spell or Trap, while you control 2 or more "Distortion World" monsters, you can activate this card. Negate the activation of your opponents Spell or Trap, and destroy it. Then your opponent must discard 1 Spell or Trap, or if the field spell "Distortion World Multiverse" is face-up on the field, your opponent gains 2000 LP. You can only activate 1 "Distortion World Deletion" per turn. this card cannot be set face-down. During the end phase, if this card is in your GY while the field spell "Distortion World Multiverse" is face-up on your field, add this card to your hand.

Distortion Sanctuary

Continuous Trap

While this card is face-up on the field, the effects and effect activations of "Distortion World" cards and effects, cannot be negated. All monsters your opponent originally owned, that you control have their name changed to "Time Distortion" while this card is on the field. All "Time Distortion"s you control cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effect. When a "Time Distortion" battle an opponents monster, if the field spell "Distortion World Multiverse" is face-up on the field, your opponent gains LP equal to the damage they otherwise would have taken. When this card is activated, you can add 1 "Distortion World" card from your deck or GY to your hand. 

There we go, have a hideous archetype in terms of effects. This would be hell to fight against. I love it. 

7 minutes ago, Bluvista said:

I both love and hate this. That's all i'll say. I'll leave the individual card analysis to the "Professionals" 

@Rayfield Lumina and @Redro might like dissecting this archetype. 

Like hell I'm a professional, there's a TON of people here with more knowledge of Yu-GI-Oh! than me xD. Redro, on the other hand, is much more knowledgeable.

Hahaha, well, I also had a look at your game. This archetype is the same posted there, isn't it? Anyway, the game (and this) looks like a collection of overpowered cards that also happen to be extremely annoying to the opponent xD. You're prevented from doing stuff everywhere, and there's even a 2100 ATK monster with Lv 4 and a very positive effect... I'd rather go to hell than fighting this, World-san ^_-

I agree with @Rayfield Lumina

The only card I can see that might help is Skill Drain. but that can be easily negated with Deletion. 

(Although activating Skill Drain during your turn, having it be negated, then discarding a card. Then activating something like "Giant Trunade", or "Cosmic Cyclone" could work. )

I might cover this in small pieces because it has a lot of cards.... and right now I just wanna mention 1 although without reading what it works with just yet:

Hmm your Field Spell doesn't just act like Bad Reaction to Simochi,... the way it is written also affects ALL forms of LP changing
affects battle damage and LP costs. I'm guessing "pay half your LP" effects would first factor in what "half" is going to be before switching the amount into +. It also affects "loses x LP" which cards like Soul Charge use exclusively so nothing in the game can do this kind of thing....

Other than that, a lot of the effects are written in a very annoying way for sure.
-It floodgates the Field Zones after entering
-it is resistant to destruction, forcing something like Cosmic Cyclone to be used if one wants to get rid of it... and one definitely would because most decks in the game don't run +LP strategies, the only way to really get anywhere under this card.
-It's "add 1 to hand" effect can get from the GY without targeting, so Called by the Grave and D.D. Crow don't matter... and also grabs from the deck if it wants.. the flexibility also can potentially let you dodge Ash Blossom and doesn't necessarily care about setting up.
-Plus it's not content with just adding but also can spare your Normal Summon, under no restrictions. No "if you control no monsters" or "if you have only 1 in hand" or "Summon a monster with the name of what you added this way" none of that... it's pretty blatant.
-The Shield & Sword effect is also a pretty extreme one. The old Rock structure deck demanded you used a certain FLIP's effect to do this to rocks. Shield & Sword only worked 1 turn. Inverse Universe doesn't affect vanillas and is a one-shot thing in the form of a slow normal trap. There's a couple of continuous spells iirc that only affect a certain type of monster, 1 at a time, triggers on standby, and costs LP. Whip Snake is essentially a Normal Summon that demands some dedication and slow plays too, even if it's among the best of this kind. Finally Performage Mirror Conductor pseudo-does this on 1 monster at a time. Nothing in the game does this so broadspread and continuous, and much less as a card with self-protection and other extra effects that are all good in their own right...

Soooo yeah, even if the rest of the archetype this supports were just blobs that did nothing at all, this card would still count as overpowered xD

33 minutes ago, Bluvista said:

Doesn't Ojama Country flip stats? 

Hmm yeah, although only while you control an Ojama monster.
Went to check it out real quick to make sure if the Ojama Tokens you give to your opponent via Ojama Trio and Ojama Duo did anything to make the effect live, but it seems you have to have the field spell and the Ojama monster both on the same side.
It was actually interesting compiling the ATK/DEF swap effect the game has.

Still the field in the thread has no condition like Ojama Country's, and has built-in protection. There's the argument Links don't care about that effect but right now Links lost some prominence in the game due to the Master Rule 5 era entering. The effect I think is pretty strong.

2 minutes ago, Bluvista said:

TBH, I'd still like to here your opinion.

I mean, what is there to say?  The archetype is consistent, suppressing, and thoroughly wonky.

Even outside the archetype, that field spell opens so much insanity.  The first thing I thought of was using it alongside the Solemn brigade to counter your opponent's stuff and gain LP, but that's just the very tip of the iceberg.

well not one of those summoned, but i got time to kill so

review will based on the newest version

in general: some of this effects is unnecessarily long since you often  put 2 effect of the same cost and manner of activation on separate activation (example: the field spell's field spell removal effect and search effect is basically have the same manner of activation so you can fix it: When this card is activated, You can add 1 "Distortion World" Monster from your Deck to your hand. and then, send all other Field Spell to the GY" )

Field spell: there quite a lot that going on here, 1st is the 2-way anti-field spell effect. personally i dont like the fact its also remove field spell since unlike the old times, Modern Field Spell is designed to be searchable and be part of the deck engine so at minimum this card already cutting your opponent resource to start play. i much rather have this effect as a straight copy paste of Closed Forest, which prevent field shenanigan without really cutting resource if they manage to get it first. the search effect is okay, special summon effect should be fine if the the monster is not really busted. stat switch is also fine, and then there our extreme version of Reverse Trap effect (which sadly given its almost unprecedented function and wording pretty much prevent you to post this in advance) i find this to be prone to abuse since its manipulate cost as well. by modern standard paying/losing LP is already the laziest and the most cheapest cost you can put on an effect and can be considered "free" by card advantage calculation since you don't really losing anything, now with this card that cost become a crazy-level instant LP bonus (doubling LP via Solemn Judgement for example) while this also makes your battle damage turn into opponent's life gain, that doesn't really matter since all irl generic advantage card like aforementioned Soul Charge or Ties of the Brethren can be use without risk to build an even less beatable board

bomber: the field searcher that also a burn card that triggered by any means of being sent to GY. unless there interaction that forgot among irl card pool this should be...fine? 800 is deceptively high damage if Gagaga Cowboys thought us anything

spirit: i don't like this, its a free material that doesn't even constrained itself to be only  be functional  when you behind on resource with a search effect and pretty huge stat to to the boot.

gear: the only saving grace of this is the fact its archetype-limited and only during opponent turn

mech: gear's twin, but technically another effect that don't really have and equivalent function in irl since unlike traps that by nature can be activated during either player turn, while spell that by ruling can be activated in nearly the same manner so far is quick-play

maximum: a surprisingly not a really an oppressive boss by modern standard, but following the theme of annoy your opponent ad infinitum until they scoop. ill admit its kinda hilarious. 

chaos: there is a lot of thing i disagree with this but the main one is, its a freakin mass-version of the banned-Change of Heart. why bother let this effect resolved and return the monster you steal if you can just turn them into material to summon more monster so by then when the opponent return your monster not only they don't get back their monster now your field has more monster

deletion: so its a recurring spell/trap negation that drain hand and blast for 2000 essentially. its kinda niche but also way over the top

sanctuary: suddenly... a sub-type. this is pretty much made to to support Distortion World Chaos. which by the current state of that card is further making it OP

Archived