ARCHETYPE KILLERS

talgoose

kinda similar to my old archetype Al-mayan (though mine kinda extreme since its also encourage highlander building) i probably need to repost that some time later (or making new ones if it cannot be salvage by the site broken database)

in general the anti-archetype effect is fine although i find it ironic that this card can also be used to support an archetype since they have effects that simply said "different names" without counting their category ( salamangreat foxy and gazelle for example is different name but same category) which is probably a good thing in a way since there not many of the current meta archetype that want pendulum in their deck due to master rule 5. so you either play pure or combining it with weaker big-monster-based archetype

Mosquito is a bit dilemma imo, i know that quick effect can be annoying. but to remove it completely also cutting the back-and- forth interaction of the game

Water Guardian and Labrys would be more fair if its effect also require the "different category"

Apart from grammar, they're looking very well and on point. Here's my thoughts:
-----------------------
Hoseki-No-Me: What do you mean by "category"? Is it Type, Attribute, or something else?

Fushicho-No-Yohishi: Has combined effects of Scanner Golem and Chaser Labrys. Apart from "category", you should make it a Winged-Beast.

Scanner Golem: Looks OK to me though, but maybe you can give him more defensive effects and stats, instead of "cannot activate trap cards". (Refer to Fushicho-No-Yohishi.)

Gem of the Armored Mosquitoes: Effect is too plain compared to others. You can add a condition like you did in others.

Water Guardian: 1 Summon per turn is too much. Should be "Your opponent can only Special Summon once per turn."

Chaser Labrys: It should decrease ATK/DEF values of opponent's monster cuz Fushicho-No-Yohishi already has Labrys' effect.

1 hour ago, Lystern said:

Hoseki-No-Me: What do you mean by "category"? Is it Type, Attribute, or something else?

Category is kinda official and PSCT-legal wording we have on irl yugioh to signify name trait like archetype. first and currently only printed on Onomatopaira

3 hours ago, Dr. Jolly Glot the III said:

Category is kinda official and PSCT-legal wording we have on irl yugioh to signify name trait like archetype. first and currently only printed on Onomatopaira

This is one hell of an interesting piece of info, Doc, good to know.

---

I'll repeat myself and say I like your artwork style quite a bit, Talgoose, don't you dare stop making them! As for the cards in themselves, Dr. Jolly already mentioned it, but I completely agree that Water Guardian and Chaser Labrys are rather overpowered, as your opponent will be extremely hindered by a rather simple requirement on your part. Moquitoes seems a little off, so giving them a requirement, and also adjusting Guardian and Labrys should be the way to go, IMO.

11 hours ago, Lystern said:

Apart from grammar, they're looking very well and on point. Here's my thoughts:
-----------------------

Fushicho-No-Yohishi: Has combined effects of Scanner Golem and Chaser Labrys. Apart from "category", you should make it a Winged-Beast.

Scanner Golem: Looks OK to me though, but maybe you can give him more defensive effects and stats, instead of "cannot activate trap cards". (Refer to Fushicho-No-Yohishi.)

Gem of the Armored Mosquitoes: Effect is too plain compared to others. You can add a condition like you did in others.

Water Guardian: 1 Summon per turn is too much. Should be "Your opponent can only Special Summon once per turn."

Chaser Labrys: It should decrease ATK/DEF values of opponent's monster cuz Fushicho-No-Yohishi already has Labrys' effect.

how i should spell their effects? i ask since the english is not my native language.

10 hours ago, talgoose said:

how i should spell their effects? i ask since the english is not my native language.

Or if you willing to have a rather thicc in depth reading you can check this:

Its a bit tedious but its worth it for your future card design

Archived